(Post Dec 10 update) Healing and Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

The introduction of new healing skills ( see fr.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1s31pc/new_healing_skills_datamined/ ), I thought that some may be VERY interesting, without even yet knowing the numbers.

- Necro’s new ability sounds like a nice DPS boost on bosses (Life steal is damage).
- Mesmer’s is a direct boost to our core damage mechanic (phantasms). ANd can alsobe used for double DIsenchanter (at COE golem for instance) in power-boonstrips are requiered.
- Warrior’s skill is meh for pve (imo)
- Guardians get a damage boost (Anet encourages damage dealing guardians… silly Anet!)
- Thief’s venom is meh (traiting for venom share is too much of a price, loosing damage)
- The elementalist heal might be a blast finisher (Even more blasts! Even more might!)
- Engineers are irrelevant
- Rangers.. no idea never played one.

What are your thoughts? Any feedback regarding these abilities?

<If these make it to release, see in a few days>

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Heres some more info about them. The heal and damage numbers arent correct but you can get an idea for cooldowns, cast times and extra effects.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23579-signet-of-vampirism
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23527-signet-of-the-ether
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23544-defiant-stance
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23649-litany-of-wrath
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23539-skelk-venom
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23499-arcane-brilliance
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23613-a-e-d
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23665-water-spirit

http://www.gw2db.com/skills?filter-slot=16

Seems like the only good ones for pve are necro, ele and mesmer. Guard one doesnt boost damage unless you have a bad build which gives fury on meditations.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Miku Lawrence.6329

Oh right about guardians, I thought it dealt damage on activation or something, it’s just half of a signet of malice, guardian-style.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Hard to say on Warrior. If it really converts all damage then you can easily heal a lot during some bosses. If it is based on getting hit then it seems quite pointless.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hard to say on Warrior. If it really converts all damage then you can easily heal a lot during some bosses. If it is based on getting hit then it’s really pointless.

Likely it won’t “convert” damage but rather give a small heal for each hit received. The question is whether it will negate the damage from hit received: if yes it is yet an other OP skill for warriors in PvE.

As for the elem skill, if it has a 25s cd like datamined, it will fit very nicely into my D/F optimal rotation.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

spoj.9672

It looks like its an invuln which heals you a small amount per hit. So it will be mostly useless in pve. Could be useful when destroying the gate on dredge fractal though.

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Well actually ranger isn’t half bad either.

Party wide healing at no loss is always welcome.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The mesmer one looks promising for getting up 3 phantasms right at the start of the fight – but it’s a tough trade off with mantra heal off you want to run empowering mantras. The ele heal looks amazing – I’ve been running d/f more since I started bringing my ele to 40+ fractals and the one thing I miss from s/d is the blast finishers. The frustration with the necro one from my perspective is that when you’re taking lots of hits normally you are in DS, but you can’t heal in DS….maybe there’s something I’m missing though.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

spoj.9672

Signets dont work in DS so theres no chance it will work while in DS for either the passive or the active. The passive could actually be good if it worked in DS. Hopefully the active will be fairly decent for heal and group dps.

Wethospu.6437

Hard to say on Warrior. If it really converts all damage then you can easily heal a lot during some bosses. If it is based on getting hit then it’s really pointless.

Likely it won’t “convert” damage but rather give a small heal for each hit received. The question is whether it will negate the damage from hit received: if yes it is yet an other OP skill for warriors in PvE.

As for the elem skill, if it has a 25s cd like datamined, it will fit very nicely into my D/F optimal rotation.

Not very OP if you have to give up your healing skill for it. Against bosses you are able to eat like one attack. So you sacrifice your healing skill for one extra “dodge” every 35 seconds.

But then of course it will probably be really good against enemies with rapid fire.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Zelyhn.8069

Not very OP if you have to give up your healing skill for it. Against bosses you are able to eat like one attack. So you sacrifice your healing skill for one extra “dodge” every 35 seconds.

It is more than one dodge: 3 seconds actually equals 4 dodges!
From the numbers I see in the gw2db the healing per hit seems quite substantial.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Miku Lawrence.6329

Numbers are totally off. Only ‘trust’ the cooldown/seconds of effect.

Snow Crows [SC]

Wethospu.6437

From the numbers I see in the gw2db the healing per hit seems quite substantial.

Most of the enemies and bosses have at least 2 seconds between their attacks. And quite often that number is 3+ seconds.

If you are willing to spend 4 dodges on one attack, then yes, that healing skill is worth of it.

Zelyhn.8069

Most of the enemies and bosses have at least 2 seconds between their attacks. And quite often that number is 3+ seconds.

If you are willing to spend 4 dodges on one attack, then yes, that healing skill is worth of it.

Well for Lupi’s projectile shower it will be awesome

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

If there’s something that Gw2 needs to get back – badly – from Gw1, is teamplay and cross profession intereactions.

And that Necro healing active effect… is exactely the kind of things we need.

Good old Barbs, anyone?

Hoping to see a much heavier push in this mindset with upcoming balancing updates/additions, and not only PvE-wise.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Ugh. I don’t want to see meditation guardians in my pve groups unless the valor line and meditations themselves are made more group friendly rather than totally selfish.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Ugh. I don’t want to see meditation guardians in my pve groups unless the valor line and meditations themselves are made more group friendly rather than totally selfish.

Merciful Intervention would be good if it worked as it says it does. But overall I feel valor is a pvp thing, really it would be great if they split pve/pvp skills it would make things a lot better.

They could do something like AH and Monk’s Focus both heals allies in pve. Can’t do that type of thing as the game is now because it would be OP as hell in pvp.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Am I the only one that considers the engineer one to be really funny? Though I admit it will mostly shine in a wvw or pvp environment.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Well for Lupi’s projectile shower it will be awesome

Sadly, warrior is one of the classes that has it easier, when it comes to that shower :p

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Zelyhn.8069

Am I the only one that considers the engineer one to be really funny? Though I admit it will mostly shine in a wvw or pvp environment.

It looks complicated, it will most likely be bugged.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

TKiller.6829

It looks complicated, it will most likely be bugged.

If it’s just a downed transition check then I doubt it will be.

If it’s a check for hp below 1% like description says then oh boy runes of vampirism anyone?

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Arcane Brilliance is apparently a blast finisher. It has now become a must-have for my Arcane-traited Staff Ele. (I will miss the heavy condition cleansing of Ether Renewal though.)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Guardian’s doesn’t make sense taking in PvE, or at least, definitely not dungeons to me. seems more suited for PvP and WvW for those already running meditations. Shelter is huge mitigation for dungeons imo.

i thought since Litany was a medi it’d be instant as well, buuuut nope. has a 1s cast time.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I will confess I am VERY excited to see the actual concept for the Necromancer. It might just be something that we have been looking for to add to the “speed kill” concept. As we know Necromancer although a lot of fun to Play, they are selfish. Everything that they can do other classes can do and in effect do that and more. So it leaves Necros more suited to WvW or PvP.

However, If this “heal” operates how I think it is supposed to operate. a well timed signet with an organized party could do amazing things. Example, (extreme but none the less), 4 necromancers and a Mesmer on Lupi, Phase 2 AoE, pop signet, mes drops feedback, lupi proceeds to do what he does. and because that damage counts as the Mesmers damage the Vanpire signet ticks for added life drain.

IF

they add it as an ADDITIONAL damage modifier as we are all hoping it does.

if they add it as a generic number that you get healed for “x” percent of said damage output. (similar to that of thief signet of malice), it would negate the whole idea and be a crappy heal in general.

If they add is as a damage modifier, being Warrior hits for “x” amount signet then life drains for percentage of “x” amount equaling total amount “Y”.

well you just increased damage output of group, (equal to “x”) by whatever percentile they throw into it. by simply timing a well placed target and signet activation.

but you all probably already knew that……

learning!!!!!!

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Arcane Brilliance is apparently a blast finisher. It has now become a must-have for my Arcane-traited Staff Ele. (I will miss the heavy condition cleansing of Ether Renewal though.)

Another blast for my SF might stacking combos, not bad. If they go on like that, eles won’t even need external fire fields to keep up 25 might alone …

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Silberfisch.3046

Guardian’s doesn’t make sense taking in PvE, or at least, definitely not dungeons to me. seems more suited for PvP and WvW for those already running meditations. Shelter is huge mitigation for dungeons imo.

i thought since Litany was a medi it’d be instant as well, buuuut nope. has a 1s cast time.

The 1+ second(s) casttime just seems to be the thing for guardian heals. As for its usefulness in dungeons: I class it under situational. If you’re nuking the crap out of a large number of critters, it might actually come in handy. Then again, it probably won’t compensate for 2 seconds of blocking with a lot of incoming hits.

What might be interesting, but mostly for the pvp croud again, is wether it triggers Monk’s Focus or not.

I’m not entirely sold on this one. I happen to doubt wether this will actually supersede the usefulness of the healing spring water field and condition removal.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Miku Lawrence.6329

I hope the necro heal will work like http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Barbs . Each hit will steal some life for X seconds. However, nothing states that, so we can only assume it will lifesteal ONCE on a 20 s CD. But even then, well placed it can mitigate an aoe attack or something, good support role and a slight damage boost (really slight…).

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Im predicting fiery rush + vampiric signet as pretty op. I also wouldnt be surprised if you could survive retal with it.

Zelyhn.8069

I hate bloomhunger for this.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Don’t start getting your hopes up for the necro, you’re going to get slapped back into reality. A reality of a class that in GW1 was one of the – if not the – best at creating deadly combos with their allies… and is now the most selfish class in the game, with no way to sinergise with the team other than a couple of half-decent skills. Ridiculous.
It will probably have an icd, and it will definitely have a very short duration; if it isn’t on a single attack – possible, if not very likely. I can already imagine the damage… 100?150? /whatevs better than nothing.
Arcane brilliance, however… cute, even if it will (should?) have a low base heal, the blast compensates. Judging from the picture, it might work like Phoenix.
Water spirit looks like another junk skill for the ranger, since it didn’t have enough. A heal that _won’t_heal you if the spirit dies – nature’s vengeance conventiently moved to grandmaster tier ahah – and gives a pathetically small heal on hit to compensate, paired with a long cast. It could be half decent if you’re 100% sure the spirit won’t die – it has to be close to you because aqua surge has a 360 range – and if the effect doesn’t have an icd. But when you have healing spring, why would you want that junkie?
About the others… well, signet of the ether sounds good and probably the less situational of all skills – lovely combined with blurred inscriptions; the guardian’s heal looks like a weaker version of shelter, as it was already said… Meh. As long as they add more non super-situational skills, hey antitoxin spray, what’s up! and
<<<< MORE WEAPONS!!!>>>> I’m fine with it.
Maybe this time it won’t take them a year and a half to add 9 skills. Maybe they’ll add a new weapon before I grow old. I hope.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Dont stamp on my parade! :<

After linking the codes ingame the base heal + damage of the necro signet active seems to be 600 per hit. And the active lasts 5 seconds. So im fairly confident it will work quite nicely. If they put an icd that could ruin it. If its a 1second icd you would get a total of 3000 hp per active which is stupidly low considering necro base hp. We shall see i guess. :P

deSade.9437

Wait, why don’t codes work for me ingame? I can’t see it :< ugh. I thought they were fake or something.
If it’s 600 then it could be cute, but yeah, an icd would destroy the purpose completely.

TKiller.6829

The 1+ second(s) casttime just seems to be the thing for guardian heals. As for its usefulness in dungeons: I class it under situational. If you’re nuking the crap out of a large number of critters, it might actually come in handy. Then again, it probably won’t compensate for 2 seconds of blocking with a lot of incoming hits.

What might be interesting, but mostly for the pvp croud again, is wether it triggers Monk’s Focus or not.

I’m not entirely sold on this one. I happen to doubt wether this will actually supersede the usefulness of the healing spring water field and condition removal.

It’s a field so it might override your fire fields. Plus the condition removal is cool but there’s not much fights there where conditions are applied constantly in a way it cleanses it.

Then again there’s not much fights where you might have a major use for that new sort of constant healing as well. More of a luxury safety skill.

Defeated by packet loss.

Miku Lawrence.6329

http://dulfy.net/2013/12/05/gw2-new-healing-skills-for-next-patch/

These numbers on Signet of Ether.. °3°

Edit: Base Healing power 0 afaik

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Any thoughts on the guardian healing skill… Its no shelter… But I think in trash mob fights like the devourer nests in COF 2 and some of the COE fights it could be pretty useful….

Edit: and i mean flat use no med traits.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Do you think that new healing will put mesmers back on “good dungeon profession” list?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Do you think that new healing will put mesmers back on “good dungeon profession” list?

They were never off that list

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Wish you were right.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

according to dulfy both elements of the necro heal skill have a 1 second icd. :/

http://dulfy.net/2013/12/05/gw2-new-healing-skills-for-next-patch/

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

deSade.9437

Whining about the necro healing skill? What is any ranger supposed to say, then?
E: I guess they should thank for Healing Spring, as always.

Silberfisch.3046

I already said before that I don’t think that the spirit can replace the spring under normal circumstance, but after some consideration there are a few areas where it might actually come in pretty handy, like fractals lvl 43 and 44. Especially in Cliffside with 43 because the chanters mostly don’t count for the reset.