Potential solution for stacking

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Wow, nice job kittenting on my thread, guys. I don’t even know where to begin wading through this mess.

Look, Guild Wars 2 is an ARPG: adaptability and evasion should be king. If you don’t understand how everyone exploiting the system by huddling in a corner breaks this, then I don’t even know what to tell you.

The whole irony of this is the diehard stackers tend to be the ones that I’m having to peel off the dungeon floor because they haven’t learned what x or y mob actually does.

So true, thats exactly what I’m saying.
There’s more skill required to not stack and instead stand at long range and strafe around.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

You’re thread was a regurgitation of many others and happens to have 3 twins on the main page. Excuse us for not taking your imaginary problem more serious when it AND SOLUTIONS have been stated countless times before. IE. You don’t like how others play: find a group who agrees with how you’d like to play. The answers will always be the same when the NON-ISSUE is ALWAYS the SAME. See how that works?

The fact that this is apparently a common thread proves that there is an underlying problem here. If not that, then me coming all the away from the game to the forums to talk about it does because that is something I almost never do as I rarely have complaints with Guild Wars 2.

You may think it’s a non-issue, but when I’m constantly having groups fall apart or people attempting to hijack my own party because they can’t handle a player being more than a pixel apart from another, then that’s when it becomes one for me.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You’re back! Good. Now, please enlighten me with your wisdom, oh great one, and tell me why stacking is an exploit, where it is a problem. I shall be ever so grateful.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

If you honestly can’t figure out the why by now, then you’re never going to get it and frankly, I’m already tired of repeating myself to people like you that don’t give two kittens, anyway.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Your thread was a regurgitation of many others and happens to have 3 twins on the main page. Excuse us for not taking your imaginary problem more serious when it AND SOLUTIONS have been stated countless times before. IE. You don’t like how others play: find a group who agrees with how you’d like to play. The answers will always be the same when the NON-ISSUE is ALWAYS the SAME. See how that works?

(edited by Tman.6349)

Lindbur.2537

I have asked you three times to give me some examples. Are you evading my questions because you can’t answer them? By all means, continue dodging them then, like the rest of the anti-stackers who came before you.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

eh better to form your own group and not reduce the number of different ways a dungeon can be completed, eliminating stacking would reduce the game

the beauty of these dungeons is that anyone can make their own instance and complete it any old way they want

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Look, Guild Wars 2 is an ARPG: adaptability and evasion should be king. If you don’t understand how everyone exploiting the system by huddling in a corner breaks this, then I don’t even know what to tell you.

oh look, the person claiming that stacking is a problem doesn’t know what to say to prove that it’s exploiting. what a surprise.

OP, if arenanet didn’t want people to stack on top of each other then why do boons have limited aoe and why are we able to cleave, hmm?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

if you dont like stacking

DONT DO IT.

it REALLY is that simple.

if you feel it is an Exploit. or anything is an exploit for that manner. I STONGLY suggest reporting it in the bug forum.

I will say it again,

if you are against stacking,

DO
NOT
STACK

it really is that easy.

good luck out there. Have fun!

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

I have asked you three times to give me some examples. Are you evading my questions because you can’t answer them? By all means, continue dodging them then, like the rest of the anti-stackers who came before you.

Dodging is another exploit…just like stacking

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

You’re thread was a regurgitation of many others and happens to have 3 twins on the main page. Excuse us for not taking your imaginary problem more serious when it AND SOLUTIONS have been stated countless times before. IE. You don’t like how others play: find a group who agrees with how you’d like to play. The answers will always be the same when the NON-ISSUE is ALWAYS the SAME. See how that works?

You may think it’s a non-issue, but when I’m constantly having groups fall apart or people attempting to hijack my own party because they can’t handle a player being more than a pixel apart from another, then that’s when it becomes one for me.

I agree. You’re a LFG terrorist, and should be dealt with as such.

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Wow, nice job kittenting on my thread, guys. I don’t even know where to begin wading through this mess.

The whole irony of this is the diehard stackers tend to be the ones that I’m having to peel off the dungeon floor because they haven’t learned what x or y mob actually does.

An excellent point.

Its clear to me that stacking serves to totally trivialise fights , all mechanics can be by=passed by using over-powered dps. basically the mob dies before it can fire off an attack. Thats fine if you like the brain-dead approach but If your looking for challenging game-play, its really bad.

But like I`ve said before, many people here like spam-1-to-win content so I dont see it changing anytime soon. That of course doesnt mean that people should stop voicing their disappointment with the current system, if they did that then nothing would ever improve.

Attachments:

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Doing damage is an exploit, why else do you think Arena Net introduced Nomad armor, the ultimate armor for real dungeon runners who don’t want to exploit by doing filthy, filthy damage.

I see the solution now: it’s to force everyone to wear Nomad armor, just like the elitists tried to make everyone wear Berserker armor. That way no one can do any damage, and we can all do dungeons the way Arena Net intended.

Posted by: Goon for Hire.7150

Goon for Hire.7150

Doing damage is an exploit, why else do you think Arena Net introduced Nomad armor, the ultimate armor for real dungeon runners who don’t want to exploit by doing filthy, filthy damage.

I see the solution now: it’s to force everyone to wear Nomad armor, just like the elitists tried to make everyone wear Berserker armor. That way no one can do any damage, and we can all do dungeons the way Arena Net intended.

Oh, grow up.

Look, I get that this forum’s regulars are pro-stacking and tend to flip their kitten when it is brought up. But this goes beyond reasonable, straight past ridiculous, and over to the extreme side of sad. Please stop.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you honestly can’t figure out the why by now, then you’re never going to get it and frankly, I’m already tired of repeating myself to people like you that don’t give two kittens, anyway.

If you honestly can’t figure out why stacking in itself is not the problem then you need to think on why this isn’t an issue with most action games before finding “solutions”.

edit: H.-ard is censored? what?

Laar.5476

Oh, grow up.

Look, I get that this forum’s regulars are pro-stacking and tend to flip their kitten when it is brought up. But this goes beyond reasonable, straight past ridiculous, and over to the extreme side of sad. Please stop.

Hey now, I just want to save the PHIW, I’m an advocate, a conservationist really.

I want to wrap the world in bubble wrap so they don’t hurt themselves on all the hard edges and difficult bosses. I want to shelter them from the groups that expect them to contribute anything to their own success. I would give them soft and fluffy Nomad armor so they don’t die when they fail to dodge and blame it on stacking. I would even go so far as to teach them to read so they can actually join groups with descriptions that match their play styles. I would make it so their feelings never got hurt by all the nasty elitists, and they would never have to come here and post the same thread over and over again, and get answers they don’t want to hear. I just want to hug them all.

I’m a Saint, really.

Leave Brittany alone.

My hero.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Hey there, sorry I’m 70 posts late. Yea, just passing by to say “bingo!”. c:

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Mac.3872

Oh, grow up.

I love it. The OP can vomit his crybaby anti stacking bile and nobody says anything, but the moment someone makes a post on his level they’re called sad and told to stop. I hate this forum sometimes.

Maybe you should take a break from the forums, its seems to be making you a little over emotional.

Lindbur.2537

Yes. Yes it is.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Goon for Hire.7150

Goon for Hire.7150

Oh, grow up.

I love it. The OP can vomit his crybaby anti stacking bile and nobody says anything, but the moment someone makes a post on his level they’re called sad and told to stop. I hate this forum sometimes.

Our fault, is it? Last time I checked, it’s mostly the pro-stacking players flaunting thinly-veiled insults and making a mockery of anyone who’s not agreeing. Feel free to complain to them about the sorry state of this forum.

Edit:

I know this seems like a "let’s just be friends idea, but you deal realize that giving them hugs would involve a ‘taboo’ bit of stacking they are strongly against. “Play How I Wants” are adamantly against hugging for obvious reasons!

Hug Boon: Be friends with others for the good of the community! Affected
targets recieve Healing Tears granting Full Health, Stability, 50% reduced
damage and a 50% boost to combat efficiency.
Cures: "I hate elitist/stacking ‘zerkers’ damage-over-time debuff.
Range: 30
Duration: 1 Minute
Maximum Targets: Infinite
Instant cast-time with zero cooldown
(This Skill may not be used while beating a dead horse.)

Cost to unlock: 1 skill point and basic understanding of game mechanics.

Case in point.

(edited by Goon for Hire.7150)

Tman.6349

Oh, grow up.

Hey now, I just want to save the PHIW, I’m an advocate, a conservationist really.

I want to wrap the world in bubble wrap so they don’t hurt themselves on all the hard edges and difficult bosses. I want to shelter them from the groups that expect them to contribute anything to their own success. I would give them soft and fluffy Nomad armor so they don’t die when they fail to dodge and blame it on stacking. I would even go so far as to teach them to read so they can actually join groups with descriptions that match their play styles. I would make it so their feelings never got hurt by all the nasty elitists, and they would never have to come here and post the same thread over and over again, and get answers they don’t want to hear. I just want to hug them all.

I’m a Saint, really.

Leave Brittany alone.

My hero.

I know this seems like a "let’s just be friends idea, but you deal realize that giving them hugs would involve a ‘taboo’ bit of stacking they are strongly against. “Play How I Wants” are adamantly against hugging for obvious reasons!

Cures: “I hate elitist/stacking ‘zerkers’” damage-over-time debuff.

Cost to unlock: 1 skill point + basic understanding of game mechanics.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Oh, grow up.

Our fault, is it? Last time I checked, it’s mostly the pro-stacking players flaunting thinly-veiled insults and making a mockery of anyone who’s not agreeing. Feel free to complain to them about the sorry state of this forum.

Edit:

Cures: "I hate elitist/stacking ‘zerkers’ damage-over-time debuff.

Cost to unlock: 1 skill point and basic understanding of game mechanics.

Case in point.

The reason we respond like this is because there have been a stupid amount of threads like this before where the OP can resolve their problem quite simply by making their own no stack group, and because whenever people offer supposed solutions they’re completely unfeasible and would either require rebuilding the game from the ground up or impose completely insane restrictions on melee play for no reason than their own personal gratification – I.e their ideas are not good for the health of the game. Imagine a friend telling you a joke – first time you laugh. They carry on doing it for months on end – the exact same joke. You will get to the point where you either ignore or openly condescend to them. This is basically this thread.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Give people collision and they will complain about collision \:D/

Defeated by packet loss.

Tman.6349

Last time you checked some random anecdote that you pulled out your rear with no numbers, surveys, or ANY actual evidence to support you wild, unfounded claims that how we play is somehow detrimental to the game. As you so adamantly oppose the way we like to play, labeling it as some kind of plague while you shamelessly plug your own idea of how everyone should play the game your way, which would completely alienate the people who prefer to play the exact way that you’re so adamantly against.

Do you even think about what it is you think about? I think something, therefore, the intensity of my emotional atatchment to my own ideals make them inherent facts.

This is the hallmark of a mentally unstable thought process.

I’m excluding from playing womens basketball in a local tournament b/c I don’t meet the requirements of what they make abundantly clear. (LFG POSTS)
Instead of irrationally demanding they change their expectations, I am free to start or join a male basketball league that’ll will be appropriate for me and the others I intend to play with.

Mac.3872

The reason I am against stacking is because it is so kitten simplistic. I`ve been a hardcore raider for years and to me this game is just childs-play, with its lack of strategy and thought required. Its hard for me to understand why ANYONE would fervently defend such a basic game design.

Each to their own I guess.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The reason I am against stacking is because it is so kitten simplistic. I`ve been a hardcore raider for years and to me this game is just childs-play, with its lack of strategy and thought required. Its hard for me to understand why ANYONE would fervently defend such a basic game design.

Your arguement can essentially be equated to this:

“I dont like X class. I dont like it because its so kitten simplistic. Im a hardcore player and to me this class is just childs-play, with its lack of skill cap and thought required. Its hard for me to understand why ANYONE would fervently defend this class.”

Essentially you want something you dont like to be removed from the game just because it doesnt fit your ideals.

Next up. Remove the most simple class from the game because many people think its too easy. Were coming for you warriors!

(edited by spoj.9672)

Tman.6349

As someone who is an adult, I t’s hard for me to understand why ANYONE would so adamantly attack something that they’re not forced to be a part of or that isn’t any of their business.

To everyone else, your own, i guess….

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

So what would be the difference if people wouldn’t hug in a corner, but instead melee the boss open field? Except not being able to Fiery Rush bosses.

maha.7902

I’m a hardcore raider so I think I’ll start playing the most casual MMO ever released with no raid content

Posted by: the end.2039

the end.2039

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. This toxic stacking environment is ruining my immersion. I go into a dungeon and I expect to be able to play my class as it was intended. Why should I, as a RANGER be forced to stand in melee range with my LONGbow? It’s called *long*bow for a reason, it’s because it’s meant to be used at long range. I can understand that my bear pet needs to melee, but that doesn’t mean I have to. Seriously sick of the elitism that is rife in dungeon parties these days, the community has really gone downhill.

Back at release I never had trouble getting into groups but now it’s just stupid. They don’t care about me at all, and I’ve had enough. When they’re all on the ground complaining about not enough dps, I’m the last one standing and I alone am ressing them. I have been standing outside of the stack every time and playing as the game was intended and what thanks do I get? A swift kick. Now I understand that there’s a ‘meta’ now, so yes, I have adapted.

I now use a whiptail devourer for the pet because everybody dislikes bears so much. I have really gone the distance to satisfy people here while still staying true to what my class is supposed to be. I even used Search and rescue to res people when their stack dies. I have done nothing but play for the sake of other people since day 1 but nobody care, they are all incredibly selfish. Enough is enough, Arena Net has to make the changes because I’m done making changes to my game play for the sake of other people.

Are you serious?

J Eberle.9312

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. This toxic stacking environment is ruining my immersion. I go into a dungeon and I expect to be able to play my class as it was intended. Why should I, as a RANGER be forced to stand in melee range with my LONGbow? It’s called *long*bow for a reason, it’s because it’s meant to be used at long range. I can understand that my bear pet needs to melee, but that doesn’t mean I have to. Seriously sick of the elitism that is rife in dungeon parties these days, the community has really gone downhill.

Back at release I never had trouble getting into groups but now it’s just stupid. They don’t care about me at all, and I’ve had enough. When they’re all on the ground complaining about not enough dps, I’m the last one standing and I alone am ressing them. I have been standing outside of the stack every time and playing as the game was intended and what thanks do I get? A swift kick. Now I understand that there’s a ‘meta’ now, so yes, I have adapted.

I now use a whiptail devourer for the pet because everybody dislikes bears so much. I have really gone the distance to satisfy people here while still staying true to what my class is supposed to be. I even used Search and rescue to res people when their stack dies. I have done nothing but play for the sake of other people since day 1 but nobody care, they are all incredibly selfish. Enough is enough, Arena Net has to make the changes because I’m done making changes to my game play for the sake of other people.

Are you serious?

Oh ok, I’ll be honest.

Yes. Yes I am very serious.

spoj.9672

Take a guess.

Mac.3872

I’m a hardcore raider so I think I’ll start playing the most casual MMO ever released with no raid content

Am I not allowed to play casual games too?

Laar.5476

3.) Skill less players who don’t understand how the game works, despite my own lack of understanding of the game that has lead to this issue in the first place.

I feel like there should be some kind of infomercial about this vicious cycle, with sad and overly emotional music in the background.

For the small sum of 99g a month you too can help a PHIW learn simple game mechanics. Your donation will ensure that they learn to dodge, and never resort to creating a nerf thread/fix ever again. Every month, once we teach your PHIW to read, you will receive a small package from them with a hand written letter telling you about all the fun they have now that they are better players.

Act now and we will throw in this beautiful set of steak knives.

Mac.3872

..and demand that the game be changed for the sake of my emotional attachments and how I personally envision the game, regardless of how it would negatively effect anyone else. Oh, and if anyone questions it I will turn around and tell them to stop trolling and questioning me and insinuate that they are (pick one or more of the following options) :

1.) Exploiters.
2.) Not hardcore raiders like myself.
3.) Skill less players who don’t understand how the game works, despite my own lack of understanding of the game that has led to this issue in the first place.

Your incoherent ramblings are becoming more and more childish. pls continue

J Eberle.9312

3.) Skill less players who don’t understand how the game works, despite my own lack of understanding of the game that has lead to this issue in the first place.

I feel like there should be some kind of infomercial about this vicious cycle, with sad and overly emotional music in the background.

For the small sum of 99g a month you too can help a PHIW learn simple game mechanics. Your donation will ensure that they learn to dodge, and never resort to creating a nerf thread/fix ever again. Every month, once we teach your PHIW to read, you will receive a small package from them with a hand written letter telling you about all the fun they have now that they are better players.

Act now and we will throw in this beautiful set of steak knives.

You are like my twin sister or something <3.

Mac.3872

So what would be the difference if people wouldn’t hug in a corner, but instead melee the boss open field? Except not being able to Fiery Rush bosses.

You mean you have never tried it? not even once?

maha.7902

Am I not allowed to play casual games too?

im saying it’s completely insane to go from a hardcore game to a casual game and then complain that the content is casual.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Well if they would for some weird reason turn on collision models FGS rushing would be even easier because you could just go up to the bosses tummy and rush away against it.

P.S. 10/10 most entertaining thread in long time.

(edited by Taku.6352)

Mac.3872

..and demand that the game be changed for the sake of my emotional attachments and how I personally envision the game, regardless of how it would negatively effect anyone else. Oh, and if anyone questions it I will turn around and tell them to stop trolling and questioning me and insinuate that they are (pick one or more of the following options) :

1.) Exploiters.
2.) Not hardcore raiders like myself.
3.) Skill less players who don’t understand how the game works, despite my own lack of understanding of the game that has led to this issue in the first place.

Your incoherent ramblings are becoming more and more childish. pls continue

Sorry I can’t hear you atm. There’s a wild BHB bird cawing in my backyard and it’s extremely loud.

Excellent.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I did (and do) often enough. For me it makes no difference if I dodge into a wall while fighting Alpha or through him, as an example. Maybe it is just me, but it feels the same to me.

I’d still like to hear from you what’s the difference, since you clearly have experience with both and therefore can tell me.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I am honestly dead right now roflmao

omg dat .gif

Mac.3872

I did (and do) often enough. For me it makes no difference if I dodge into a wall while fighting Alpha or through him, as an example. Maybe it is just me, but it feels the same to me.

I’d still like to hear from you what’s the difference, since you clearly have experience with both and therefore can tell me.

The later is by far more satisfying to me (and others, judging by the volume of threads on the subject). Cheesy-mode just isnt really my thing

(edited by Mac.3872)

Laar.5476

First rule of PHIW: never ask for experience.*

Second rule of PHIW: never ask for experience.**

*Unless you want epic war tales of the Spider Queen, the most hated boss in all GW2.

**Seriously, Spider Queen is the also the hardest boss in GW2, be afraid.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The later if by far more satisfying to me (and others, judging by the volume of threads on the subject). Cheesy-mode just isnt really my thing

So, open your no stacking group, everyone wins. Since there is such a huge amount of threads covering the topic, every anti-stacker should have no problem getting a full group for any content. No need to fix anything that isn’t broken; ANet has enough things to fix anyway.

spoj.9672

The later if by far more satisfying to me (and others, judging by the volume of threads on the subject). Cheesy-mode just isnt really my thing

Why is it more satisfying? And why is dodging against a wall cheesy? I dont see any difference.

Mac.3872

First rule of PHIW: never ask for experience.*

Second rule of PHIW: never ask for experience.**

*Unless you want epic war tales of the Spider Queen, the most hated boss in all GW2.

**Seriously, Spider Queen is the also the hardest boss in GW2, be afraid.

You must be the joker in the pack , right? thats kinda cute.

Mac.3872

Why is it more satisfying? And why is dodging against a wall cheesy? I dont see any difference.

And thats fine. Im not asking you to agree with me. You either do or you don`t. I`m sure not gonna spend the past 12 hours trolling and flaming you about it.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yay! Spider Queen!

Here’s a recycled image I made from the last one of these threads!

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lindbur.2537

VideoGamermike redux?

A remnant of times past.

(edited by Lindbur.2537)