Power or condi?

Power or condi?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Naesjasper.1863

Naesjasper.1863

Hi all I’m new to PvE and want to ask if power or condi is better for ranger/druid? I’m gonna be more focused on Fractals > Dungeon > Raids. What armor stats, runes, trinkets and weapons? I know there’s metabattle but I don’t think I trust what is posted there.

Power or condi?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Condi Druid is the best setup. It give the highest dps, bring the buffs and bring just enough heals to keep your party alive when needed. It’s especially true in Dungeon, Fractal and the 1st Wing of the raid.

That said, he doesn’t bring as much heals as a power druids for 2 reasons. A condi Druid will have near zero healing power and he won’t be using a staff so he don’t recharge his celestial avatar as much as a power druid. You can use Prickly Pear Pie to help you out a lot, but it’s not as fast to recharge your celestial avatar than with a staff.

For that reason, unless you have a good raid group, you probably gonna prefer a power Druid in raid, especially in the 2nd wing where a lot of group at less experienced and need more healing there. Now it can range from full Berserker to Zealot, or even Magi depending on how much healing your group want or need. That’s really up to you. You can do great in raid with any of the above as long as it fit your team.

You can trust what is on metabattle for the raid. During the first few months it was a mess, but info on there is pretty solid by now. But I would also search other sources. There is small differences between all of them depending on preferences.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Power or condi?

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Just dont use that stupid longbow on dungeons/fractals and everyone will be happy.

Power or condi?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Just dont use that stupid longbow on dungeons/fractals and everyone will be happy.

Longbow has strong burst, in dungeons and low fractals power builds can benefit from that immensely.

Power or condi?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You do use longbow on swap though, just don’t be an idiot while using it lol

Power or condi?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You’re outdated, s/a

Power or condi?

Posted by: Naesjasper.1863

Naesjasper.1863

You do use longbow on swap though, just don’t be an idiot while using it lol

what do you mean by don’t be an idiot while using it? Well I do lb 5 then 2 then swap to s/a am I doing it right? and about condi build? is it viper armor? Sb and axe/torch?

Power or condi?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

what do you mean by don’t be an idiot while using it? Well I do lb 5 then 2 then swap to s/a am I doing it right? and about condi build? is it viper armor? Sb and axe/torch?

You are doing the correct LB rotation.
He meant doing things like using LB #4 and auto attacking in melee range.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Power or condi?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You are doing the correct LB rotation.
He meant doing things like using LB #4 and auto attacking in melee range.

Basically avoid “typical bearbow behaviour”, such as spamming LB #4 on mobs without a breakbar or standing at max range with your bear in front, not getting any boons whatsoever etc.

Power or condi?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Longbow is one of the better ranged weapons in-game, so you use it when ranged weapons are appropriate. For example, if you need a quick target swap to burn down an add while wanting to stay near boss, you can just swap to LB and throw in a rapidfire+barrage before switching back to melee and returning to DPS’ing the boss, or a mechanic forces you off the boss, LB is perfectly viable to use there.

Only issue with LB is it competes with staff, if for some reason your raid requires you to run full healer duty.

Staff makes it much easier to keep up your grace of the land group buff up, which is what groups bring you for instead of a healer tempest.

Remember that as a druid your DPS, and even for the ranger, will be utterly mediocre and you will be brought as a buff/healbot with some secondary DPS capacity.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Power or condi?

Posted by: So Pra Mim.2506

So Pra Mim.2506

If you want some advice on builds for ranger/druid, the best would be to go to the ranger forum… Here you have too many ppl who don’t understand the class.

On ranger/druid, the optimal set depends on the duration of the fight, with power builds getting ahead for short fights (~20s) and condi builds shinning in longer fights. This means that for dungeons and low lvl fractals, it is better to go with power. And in high lvl fractals or raids, it is better to use a condition build. A note needs to be added that most pug raid groups expect you to run a healer build.

For power build, the best is a frost spotter build (check metabattle) with LB+S/A. This enables you to have a high burst while still buffing allies. About LB just ignore the hate, as this is the highest burst weapon you have (with rapid fire and barrage). LB 4 is a cc and you can use it for the breakbar. Other skills are a dps loss (If a warrior starts complaining about LB, you can use LB 4 to push a mob out of the warriors 100 Blade and then use Axe 4 to pull it towards you once the warrior reaches it.) After that, you want to swap out of LB for a more sustained dps weapon until your cooldowns are back up.

More selfish builds are also possible but you are giving up very significative dps buffs for you entire party, making them not as good.

Membro d’Os Lusitanos [PT]