Pristine Fractal Relics

Pristine Fractal Relics

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Will you be able to trade in normal fractal relics for these or will we have to grind even more?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Where did you find info on these? first I have seen of this :/

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

They’re in the patch notes. Basically they’re giving a non-RNG option for rings by giving you 10 % of a free ring per daily.

I highly doubt they’ll allow people who’ve got a bunch of stocked normal relics to just buy whichever rings they want, but I guess we’ll see when the servers come back up.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Brutal Arts.6307

Seems like a real kick in the kitten to me since I’ve been saving all my relics hoping they’d add Knight/Cleric stats to the backpacks.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

i welcome the fact that rings aren’t full rng now, it’s a step in the good direction

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I’m with you on this Fox.

To be fair I had to run 18 daily fractals just to get 1 ascended ring and it wasn’t even a ring that my character could use.

So this non RNG method is brilliant work and a welcomed change for myself and many other players who struggled to get their first ring. This change means we can actually get the ring that we want.

In 10 runs – c’mon there’s no need to QQ about that. This change is simply awesome!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We added the pristine relic to afford those who haven’t been able to get a ring the opportunity, and for those hoping to get a specific ring the ability to do that.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Brutal Arts.6307

This change is simply awesome!

It’s how it should have been in the first place, they deviated from their normal token system because they wanted players to beta test it for them. Now that they feel they’ve taken care of the major exploits we can actually work towards rings.

For the record I’m not against this token system as RNG sucks, I just want a way to turn useless ordinary fractal relics into worthwhile Pristine ones.

We added the pristine relic to afford those who haven’t been able to get a ring the opportunity, and for those hoping to get a specific ring the ability to do that.

Why didn’t you use a token system in the first place?
Can we turn normal relics into Pristine ones or not?

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

In regards to these Relics, do these only drop once per day regardless of tier level; or could I do my 10’s daily, 20’s daily, and so on and get a relic per tier (and maybe per character)?

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Honestly Robert this is the best decision for Fractals by far. I and many other players thank you sincerely for this change. It’s very welcomed.

I can definately breathe easier now huzzah!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what about all the rings i have (over 7) and don’t use/will not use? What do i do with those now?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I will talk to some other designers about this, but our intent was to afford unfortunate people the chance to obtain the rings so they can progress forward.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Brutal Arts.6307

I will talk to some other designers about this, but our intent was to afford unfortunate people the chance to obtain the rings so they can progress forward.

Allowing people to turn their arguably useless (at most you need ~2075) fractal relics would only aid you in helping players realize that intent.

Instead of wading through 10 days worth of Jade Maw, they can decrease that by continuing to climb ranks or helping friends through their runs, by taking the relics from those runs and getting closer to a ring.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So basically, after weeks of NOT getting a ring from my daily’s, you’re telling me I have to do daily’s for another 3 weeks???? And here I thought the first 3 weeks were getting obnoxious, now 3 more!!!!!!

Gated… and now double gated! :-[ Not happy Robert, not happy…..
I never wanted to go in there again!……
It should have been filled with bunnies, rabbits, and rainbows to get people in there again. I really do not believe you get the depths FotM has angered the player base.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Allowing people to turn their arguably useless (at most you need ~2075) fractal relics would only aid you in helping players realize that intent.

Even if they allowed trading current relics for rings, I’m pretty sure I’d continue to bank mine even up until I had >5,000 simply because rings are currently available through other avenues and I’m sure they’ll be adding important stuff for other slots to the vendors in the future. I’ll take a leg up on getting Ascended armor over the ability to select an Ascended ring any day.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

You probably get 1 of these tokens per tier, so you can get 4 a day (or more if you don’t care about exploiting).

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: suuty.6932

suuty.6932

Perfect upgrade, because im at Frac 23 and i have not 1 single Ring. My Mates have 6-7 rings and me nothing.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Stiff.5921

Stiff.5921

Is it wise to stock up on pristine relics for the next set of gear to be released? or will they release a new token system?

Pristine Fractal Relics

Brutal Arts.6307

Is it wise to stock up on pristine relics for the next set of gear to be released? or will they release a new token system?

I am sure they will do something to keep us grinding as well as make us unload all our reserves.

Consider how they recently reduced the requirements of infusions/backpieces. When they introduce the new tier it will be expensive at first than cheaper later.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Yey. I hope it reduces content gating. So, I can advance from fractual 12. I still have 0 agony resist. Jade Maw agony at 10 litteraly wipes most of my health

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Jade Maw agony at 10 litteraly wipes most of my health

Jade Maw @ 10 does 12% hp / sec (with 0 resist) over 9 seconds. If you have a self heal, you will live.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

This change is simply awesome!

It’s how it should have been in the first place, they deviated from their normal token system because they wanted players to beta test it for them. Now that they feel they’ve taken care of the major exploits we can actually work towards rings.

For the record I’m not against this token system as RNG sucks, I just want a way to turn useless ordinary fractal relics into worthwhile Pristine ones.

Why didn’t you use a token system in the first place?

I wouldn’t say ordinary Fractal Relics are useless at all. It takes over 1800 just to make a base level Ascended backpack. Think how many it will take for armor or weapons. Personally I’d continue to save my Fractal Relics even if they let you buy rings with them. I’ll just use the Pristine Fractal Relics for rings, it’s not like it’ll really take that long to get 10.

The thing that actually is useless are all the extra rings many of us have laying around. I’d like to be able to trade in a ring for a Pristine Fractal Relic, I think that would be quite fair. At the very least, let us salvage them.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

This is a suggestion I’ve wrote about Ascended Rings:

I propose that players are allowed to salvage unwanted non-infused/infused Ascended rings for mists essences. The mists essences acquired through this way will also be account bound.

1. Salvaging Non-infused Ascended rings will get Vials of condensed mists essence as common salvage and Globs of coagulated mists essences as rarer salvage. The yield for salvaging Vials is 1 to 3 and for Globs is 1 to 2.

2. Salvaging Infused Ascended rings will get Globs of coagulated mists essence as common salvage and Shard of crystallized mists essence as rarer salvage. (The yield for Shard will be fixed at 1 only and as a rarer salvage.)

Note: Salvaging Ascended rings is effected by the quality of the salvage kit used, just like salvaging Ectos from rares and exotics.

As for Pristine Fractal Relics, I’ve another great suggestion to make:

1. Players can exchange 100 Fractal Relics for 1 Pristine Fractal Relic. (Developers can discuss this ratio further internally, but I figured this ratio should be about right.)

2. Players can turn in 30 Pristine Fractal Relics for a choice of Fractal weapon skin.
The current chance to get a Fractal weapon from the daily chest is very rare, I have only got one Fractal weapon in my 450+ completion up to date. Since Fractal weapons are dungeon weapon set, It would makes sense to have them available through exchanging relics at vendor and not entirely based on RNG. Again, I believe 30 Pristine Fractal relics or 3,000 Fractal relics should be reasonable enough without losing its rarity and value as intended.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Something else that would make perfect sense is making Ascended rings salvageable and give Pristine Relics. I have rings I don’t want, it only makes sense to let me break them down for the component that lets me buy the ring I do want.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

just make it possible to infuse the rings and back items with something other than mist essences. There are people (like me) who don’t have enough vials and globs to craft even 1 shard even after over 300 fractals.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Vynil.6907

Vynil.6907

This is kind of offtopic. But i don’t wanna create new thread for this. I would really appreciate some answer from ANet team. Will there be any future changes for ascended rings? I’ve got 11 useless rings at this moment and I don’t want to sell them to shop for the joker’s price.
I have plenty suggestions what can be done with them, for example: Salvagable, Increase price for the vendors, add recipes to mystic forge ( 4 rings= 1-x RNG ascended mats (vials, globes or shards)). There is really lot of things what can be done with them. Think about it, please.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: zuldzin.7219

zuldzin.7219

Maybe add something to exchange Pristine Fracta Relics for normal ones?
I really dont need pristine fractals as i have rings i wanted and they only lays in my storage wasting slot.

Pristine Fractal Relics

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So basically, after weeks of NOT getting a ring from my daily’s, you’re telling me I have to do daily’s for another 3 weeks???? And here I thought the first 3 weeks were getting obnoxious, now 3 more!!!!!!

Gated… and now double gated! :-[ Not happy Robert, not happy…..
I never wanted to go in there again!……
It should have been filled with bunnies, rabbits, and rainbows to get people in there again. I really do not believe you get the depths FotM has angered the player base.

Really? 3 weeks for two guranted high end item (probably more with random drops from daily) is too long?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.