Pristine Fractals Useless

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

Why are we not given the option to buy the new ascended gear with pristine fractals, or at least something else than those rings. There is nothing you can do with them when you have your gear. Except maybe give some stuff to your twinks, but this is just postponing the issue.

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

It is unfortunate that the token system exists, but is being very poorly used in fractals. Fractals is where agony exists, and ascended items with infusions are especially needed here, but the implementation of ascended items also seems poorly done. Both times they have introduced a new ascended teir item group, they failed to make it available in more than one way.

From the patch notes, it looks as if fractal weapon skins have not been added to the vendors either, causing player’s attemps to get the skins to be frustrating and without progress. As it stands right now, it is nearly as hard to get the skin you need as it is to get a legendary precursor. (okay maybe not but it feels this way)

I don’t understand why it is so difficult to add these things to the vendor like how every other dungeon has armor and weapons available for tokens, even if it is for extreme prices compared to other items. You would at least be making progress towards expensive items for doing fractals every day instead of having your heart crushed every time you open your daily.

I still have faith that anet will fix this situation, but the more time goes on, the more frustrating this will become. I will continue hating fractals, but will also continue to spend my only play time doing something I hate to have the best chance at getting the skins I need.

I need my shinies. One day my shiny fractal shortbow, either when I have Vegas luck or you are added to vendors.
tl;dr i am a crazy person please make use of fractal tokens

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

I already made a thread, but yeah. It’s quite crappy.

Posted by: Lerysh.8173

Lerysh.8173

They weren’t useless when they were introduced. Now that you have your gear is no reason to take them out. Keep collecting them or just throw them out.

I would, however, not mind seeing the fractal weapon skins for high numbers of Pristine Fractal Relics.

Lanser.8520

Oh sorry Erasnus didn’t see yours. Still, the fractal token and daily chest rng has bothered me for quite some time now.

I thought of one more thing about the skins, particularly important to me and my guild. If a friend gets a shortbow you want, and you get the rifle she wants, there is no way for you to trade to each other for there is no pass/need mechanic. This normally isn’t needed in GW2 because of tokens, but is very obvious in FotM.

I guess this single part of the game has burnt me out from the rest of the game. The faster I chore out my skins, the sooner I can go back to doing fun things in the game. It might take a while though.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

normal Fractal relics are also useless.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

normal Fractal relics are also useless.

yup i have 5000 taking up bank slots ^^ i’ve even purchased max 20 slot bags for all my alts with them too.

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

prestine/fractal relics, ascended rings you don’t need, ascended mats are all useless and looks like anet don’t care. I have almost 50 ascended shards, give me a freaking craftable weapon/armor that requires them (and the req should be at least 30 shards so not everyone gets it easily).

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I am world first scale 80 so give me all ascendend armor for free!

you have more asc shard and relices as I do , I guess you even have the fractal achievment ( I didn’t complete enough fractals so far) still I basically did somting that required more skill.. did I get a reward?
no …
should you get one for farming relics?
no…

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

Patrikan carm down. With the amount of bugs in the game when you did it, it wasnt really that hard haha. Try doing it now, its alot harder then it used to be

Lanser.8520

Both you Patrikan and many people don’t have many of the weapon skins they would prefer. It shows that there is an issue with how rewards are given out in fractals. Instead of being awarded for significant progress in fractals or through significant time spent at high levels, we still have to play a lottery where the odds are extremely low.

There should be another way to get these awards, and not something easy, but something that is still reachable for those who spend the time to get to it.

Posted by: SolarWind.5693

SolarWind.5693

I have no idea why they would not place the fractal necklaces into the fractal vendor. I am at level 25 fractals. I have gotten several rings as drops and have purchased the back piece plus ascended plus infusion. I thought that the amulets would be purchasable with fractal tokens, it seemed logical to me. Now that the patch is out and the amulets weren’t added to the fractal vendor.. I’m going, ‘huh?’

My motivation, and I know this varies from person to person, but mine was to get better equipment than I have. I have done this. The only reason for me to continue to do fractals is for cosmetic purposes, i.e., the hope of a fractal skin and to upgrade the back piece to be shiny and glowy.

Making the ascended amulets available in the fractal vendor seems like an obvious thing to do. Is this going to happen and when? If not, why not?

Pristine tokens are for rings.. which are not that hard to get from doing dailies. And I’m not complaining at all about that part. I like that you can get them that way. What is the point of these hard to get and pretty useless pristine tokens? More rings which you can’t do anything with? No recipes other than infusing?

CMDR – Devonas Rest [WvW]

Nuka Cola.8520

can we get a devs answer to why we can’t trade Prestine Relics for ascended amulets? What’s the reason behind this!? Ascended gear was ‘born’ in fotm, every ascended gear should be available there.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

can we get a devs answer to why we can’t trade Prestine Relics for ascended amulets? What’s the reason behind this!? Ascended gear was ‘born’ in fotm, every ascended gear should be available there.

Ascended gear is just a part of gear progression, it shouldn’t be available only in fractals meaning it doesn’t have to be available there as well. People were moaning about lack of options beside fractals, you can do it now ;p

Nuka Cola.8520

Ascended gear is just a part of gear progression, it shouldn’t be available only in fractals meaning it doesn’t have to be available there as well. People were moaning about lack of options beside fractals, you can do it now ;p

i’m not saying ascended gear shouldn’t be elsewhere but all ascended gear should be available in fotm. I have 57 prestine relics right now and would like to use them instead of waiting a month to get a freaking 1 amulet with Laurels. I need multiple amulets for multiple builds do i want to wait months? Hell no… Its not like i want amulets to be easily awarded but for someone who does 2 dailies each day we shouldn’t be waiting months but trade our prestine relics that are collecting dust right now

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

i’m not saying ascended gear shouldn’t be elsewhere but all ascended gear should be available in fotm.

Why is that?

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I agree with Nuka. It’s a bit weird to make rings available in Fractals, and then not make amulets available there. Especially since ANet keep pioneering choice. If people don’t want to do fractals, they can now use Laurels to get their ascended rings AND amulets. If people want to do fractals to get amulets – they should be able to do so.

Posted by: GameLord.9351

GameLord.9351

i’m not saying ascended gear shouldn’t be elsewhere but all ascended gear should be available in fotm. I have 57 prestine relics right now and would like to use them instead of waiting a month to get a freaking 1 amulet with Laurels. I need multiple amulets for multiple builds do i want to wait months? Hell no… Its not like i want amulets to be easily awarded but for someone who does 2 dailies each day we shouldn’t be waiting months but trade our prestine relics that are collecting dust right now

I don’t normally post on forums but what you stated here is a double standard …

You say they shouldn’t be awarded easily but yet you jump and say I don’t want to wait and want them now …

So which one is it ? now and easy or wait like everyone else at the same stating point and get them with the same means ?

I understand your frustration of having lingering (useless pristines) right now but that does not mean they will be eternally … With every new game and new updates comes some patience and wanting everything fast and easy does not make any MMO worth while imo.

just my 2 cents on this fact

On another hand I do believe to create many ways of achieving acquisition of items as ANET seems to want they should by all means add the option to purchase these amulets in FOTM in a month or so as to give those who “dislike” doing dailies as the only way to achieve them and have the pristines sitting in their bank etc can be at par with the rest of those willing to do dailies for a month …

does that sound logical ?

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I agree with Nuka. It’s a bit weird to make rings available in Fractals, and then not make amulets available there. Especially since ANet keep pioneering choice. If people don’t want to do fractals, they can now use Laurels to get their ascended rings AND amulets. If people want to do fractals to get amulets – they should be able to do so.

Not really weird, it puts people who fell behind due to not being interested in fotm on the same page as people who did fotm. Just like how you don’t want to do laurels, people beforehand didn’t want to do fotm. More than likely they’ll add it in fotm once infused recipes are released I speculate though, but it’s a good initiall release to bring people behind acended gear, closer to the fotm’ers’ and not fall dramatically behind

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

the only reason for me to run fractals now is for Obsidian Shards, and cheap +5 infusion upgrades. i will probably camp and do daily levels as much as possible, because shards are 15 tokens/each, and i am out of karma right now after buying up 150 shards for Mystic Clovers. The monthly for February is going to be tricky, because i would like to get the ascended Thackeray pendant, to replace my exotic piece. but the monthly can also give me shards. tough choice, at the moment.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Not really weird, it puts people who fell behind due to not being interested in fotm on the same page as people who did fotm. Just like how you don’t want to do laurels, people beforehand didn’t want to do fotm. More than likely they’ll add it in fotm once infused recipes are released I speculate though, but it’s a good initiall release to bring people behind acended gear, closer to the fotm’ers’ and not fall dramatically behind

I actually am fine with dailies and fotm. Neither bother me.

But what you say could be true. It could be they’ll add the amulets to the FotM merchant/daily when it’s possible that people can obtain 30 Laurels…which would be Saturday the 16th if my math is correct – taking the Feb monthly 10 into account. Maybe around that time the Feb content update will happen.

(edited by JayMack.8295)

Lanser.8520

I wouldn’t mind waiting a little under a month for the ammus to show up in the FotM vendor and giving others some time to catch up with laurals, as long as those who stuck to doing FotM get rewarded for their contunuous runs of fractals (hopefully weapons too) and hopefully an additional option for WvWers outside of the laurels system.

As is right now, there is a time gate on how many ammus you can get which I hope will be resolved in the future after the ascended gear playing field has been leveled a bit, and also allow alts to be geared up as well without having to wait 4 months.

Also, weapon skins because RNG is frustrating, but I can wait for now and do a few FotM runs a day.

Posted by: Killacam.2064

Killacam.2064

we should rename this thread “pristine fractals useless if you’ve already geared your entire account.” then it will save us all some time, master of the obvious!

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

we should rename this thread “pristine fractals useless if you’ve already geared your entire account.” then it will save us all some time, master of the obvious!

True. Should have picked a better name – my bad. Maybe a moderator can change that =)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Slow players progress down probably

Pretty sure anet wanted players to obtain ascended gear through many ways they could have had them bought with laurels and relics

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

Slow players progress down probably

Pretty sure anet wanted players to obtain ascended gear through many ways they could have had them bought with laurels and relics

I can’t wait until the Closer to the Stars gear tier. It’ll be a whole ‘nother level of gear grinding requiring multiple stacks of ectos, hundreds of laurels, and thousands of fractal tokens and possibly a new form of currency. Maybe it’ll even get us closer to 100 AR? I, for one, would like to see more fractals before anything else since I’m utterly bored with them now.

Lanser.8520

True. Should have picked a better name – my bad. Maybe a moderator can change that =)

Well, if I continue to do fractals multiple times a day, it would be nice to have a use for all these relics. Its getting hard to convince my little asura alt to not use these bags of relic and ring in some crazy asuran experiment! Or just selling them off to those merchant conasura.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

ANet really hasn’t gotten the token idea down yet, I think. They seem to keep wanting to introduce tokens for things instead of letting us use gold, and they seem to want to have 1 token type for one or two useful things instead of one token type for many things. I’m just hoping they don’t come out with yet another token system – we’ve got 17 different types of currencies in the game, at this rate we’ll run out of bank slots.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They didn’t want people to buy ascended amulets on the first day and be done with the new “content”. Their current design is to make you think you are getting more content by calendar gating you from upgrading your gear (no matter how much you play, you can only get one laurel a day, this puts a hard cap on how long it takes you to get an amulet). Compare FotM rings and their Pristine Relic cost and then look at the Laurel cost of the rings. That’s more than three times as much time to get it, and unlike the Pristine Relics, there is no way to obtain more than on Laurel a day (nor is there a way to get an amulet through other means – I got two fractal rings from the daily in my first five days of farming it).

Earning your gear is too easy for people to work hard and achieve their goal. ArenaNet wants to put more and more content behind RNG barriers or calendar gating, all to make you play longer without giving you more content to do. Had they sold amulets for Pristine Relics, most people wouldn’t buy them with Laurels – the Pristine Relics are much easier to obtain (and plenty of people would buy them at launch).

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

i’m not saying ascended gear shouldn’t be elsewhere but all ascended gear should be available in fotm.

Why is that?

I just wanted to immortalize this response.

Posted by: Grim.9274

Grim.9274

They didn’t want people to buy ascended amulets on the first day and be done with the new “content”. Their current design is to make you think you are getting more content by calendar gating you from upgrading your gear (no matter how much you play, you can only get one laurel a day, this puts a hard cap on how long it takes you to get an amulet). Compare FotM rings and their Pristine Relic cost and then look at the Laurel cost of the rings. That’s more than three times as much time to get it, and unlike the Pristine Relics, there is no way to obtain more than on Laurel a day (nor is there a way to get an amulet through other means – I got two fractal rings from the daily in my first five days of farming it).

Earning your gear is too easy for people to work hard and achieve their goal. ArenaNet wants to put more and more content behind RNG barriers or calendar gating, all to make you play longer without giving you more content to do. Had they sold amulets for Pristine Relics, most people wouldn’t buy them with Laurels – the Pristine Relics are much easier to obtain (and plenty of people would buy them at launch).

This is the one and only answer, everyone else can move along.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Yeah, this. It’s really annoying. I’m starting to feel more and more like ANet doesn’t have any respect for players – the players who can’t play for hours at a time, who can’t log in every day, who do log in and do content, then have all these useless things sitting in the bank. The bad communication over Lionguard Lyns is just another example.

Posted by: Magistrella.6970

Magistrella.6970

Exactly this, but why would i want an amulet with an Offensive/Defensive infusion slot faster then on the 16th of february (earliest date possible, 20 dailies and 1 monthly) if i dont do fractals. Adding them to the NPC for Pristine would’ve been the right step. If you do FotM you invest time to get ascended gear so you can progress, but now you have to invest your out of FotM time as well to progress even further then possible. The utility can stay with laurels only in my opinion

All in all: I’d have rather used my laurels on a minipet or those nice MF 20% infusion for an Utility Necklace then spending the first 30 on a necklace to progress further

Greetz (‘-’)/

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Where are the token convertors?

When you think about it most of the game is just built on token vendors each patch.
And every time they do that the past tokens get more and more useless.

Skill points, Karma, WvW badges, obsidian shards, dungeon tokens, fractal relics and now laurels.

Whats next? Win the game tokens? Trade in 10 of these for….. a….precursor.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Precursor-scavenger-hunt

Oh.
My.
God.

Posted by: Merit.2479

Merit.2479

I actually think not adding the amulets in FotM was intentional because that way people would populate other “dead” areas, even if you’re an avid FotM fan.

Lanser.8520

Whats next? Win the game tokens? Trade in 10 of these for….. a….precursor.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Precursor-scavenger-hunt

Oh.
My.
God.

Well played good sir.

I actually think not adding the amulets in FotM was intentional because that way people would populate other “dead” areas, even if you’re an avid FotM fan.

Its funny because as of right now, the dailies still don’t make me go back to old zones because there are no specific daily goals. My guild and I were expecting something along the line of “go here and do this, help the quaggan rebuild their homes!” instead of… dodge things.

It feels as if they are retroactively punishing people by dangling a “Hey you need this ammu to progress in fractals! Oh what’s that? No you can’t have this for a month, go continue grinding.”

And I will continue grinding for my Weapon Skin, because in my mind that is the real reason this thread exists. :P

Posted by: Diamanta Mirabella.4593

Diamanta Mirabella.4593

I too would like a dev to answer this. Having to wait a month for an amulet is just silly. The ascended gear is needed for fractals. it should be a reward for fractals. I was hoping to be able to get one for my spare pristine relics too.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

‘Luckily’ for me, I still have 2 alts that need rings, and I have terrible luck getting useful rings from daily chests. Yay, my pristines aren’t useless!

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

I agree about pristines being used to by fractual weapon skins… I hope they really do something about this. .. I am ok with the amulets being bought with laurels but would be plus if they can also be bought with pristines!

Come on Anet! Let us buy fractual weapon skins with pristines !!

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Noid.2871

Noid.2871

It’s quite annoying how ANet acknowledged “grinding fractals should not be the only way to acquire ascended equipment”, and then proceeds to add new ascended equipment with grinding dailies as the only way of acquisition…

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

‘Luckily’ for me, I still have 2 alts that need rings, and I have terrible luck getting useful rings from daily chests. Yay, my pristines aren’t useless!

Why do I get the impression that you’re being Sarcasmic?

Lanser.8520

I just hope that they update the vendors with the February patch. They only reason I can see for them not doing this is to give non-fotm and non-wvw players a way to catch up and get their ascended stuff, since if they added it to the WvW and FotM vendor, many would be instantly geared with the new stuff because of token stashes.

Also if weapon skins were added to the vendor, this would also help keep both items semi-rare because you would have to work towards and spend tokens on both items instead of spending tokens on just one. Sure those with obscene token savings would get what they want instantly, but it would take a bit longer to reach both goals while still making them attainable if you didn’t quite have enough tokens, or pushing some to use alternative means of getting the ammus.

Edit: I just understood blueshield’s joke. x3

(edited by Lanser.8520)