Pristine fractal relics & ascended rings

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zexy.1407

Zexy.1407

Q1:
So what do you guys do with your pristine fractal relics when you’ve bought all your chars ascended rings? (even the ones who haven’t set foot inside a fractal).

Is there any reason we can’t get amulets/earrings with these relics? I can understand that at the launch of amulets they didn’t want to let people who hoarded relics to get them instantly… but i expected them to add them at the february update to the fractals.
Same goes for earrings…

Now if they don’t want to add earrings/amulets to fractals why don’t they let us buy other stuff with these relics, e.g. :
-Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence
-trade them for regular fractal relics
-bags/mini’s/salvage stuff/other stuff we might need in a dungeon

Q2:
So what do you guys do with the extra rings you found and are totally useless for you?

Why can’t we salvage them for Vials/Glob of Coagulated Mists Essence (as a rare drop) or orichalcum? Why can’t we throw them in the mystic forge to get another ring back (or an amulet/earring?) or just random T6 mats and globs of ectoplasm…

Anyway what do you guys think they should add to the vendors &/or make available to the rings mechanics?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

people complained they did “20” level 10 fractals with no rings, so they made pristine. now the same people complain they have too many. thats why there shouldnt be a use.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

My rings are sitting in my bank; about 30 in total; I used pristines to buy rings for my other 80 characters (assuming I already didn’t have the ring in my bank) I think I’m left with 40 odd pristine relics. The thousands of regular relics I used to make fractal back-pieces for my other characters, I also used normal relics to buy 20 slot backpacks.

It would be nice to use pristines to buy amulets and accessories, it would actually let people progress in fractals a bit further in 40 plus without doing that lame revive move.

AND

since we have to infuse our gear (unlike other people going for ascended outside fractals) it would be nice to salvage ascended for mist essences.

Zexy.1407

people complained they did “20” level 10 fractals with no rings, so they made pristine. now the same people complain they have too many. thats why there shouldnt be a use.

K fine then add amulets & earrings to the daily chest but not to the pristine relics vendor, is that a better solution?

edit: spelling

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

The ring system does seem unfinished. When Exotics were the highest tier they were salvageable, why not Ascended? Also having useless currency seems odd. It just seems intuitive that Pristine Fractal Relics should have another use.

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Im just saving the rings and relics in case changes do come.

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

No, it’s exactly why there should be a use. The pristine relics were a step in the right direction, but too little. Let us use them to buy amulets or fractal weapons, or ANYTHING relating to fractals, because they just take up space, and removing them and locking progression behind random chance is not a good solution.

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Ascended items should really be salvageable, if only to get back your infusions before chucking them in the mystic forge for an infusion…

It seems a bit punishing to insta-wipe +5 stat infusions that costs a collected total of 20g or so to make, should you accidentally place it on an uninfused item…

cough

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

Hopefully ANet comes back and cleans up Fractals the next time it has some of their focus. With WvW, dungeon, and guild stuff being worked on, I’m not sure how long that will be.

Hopefully they can fix a few of the issues with the rewards using existing tokens without creating new ones. If something new does get created, have it be a crafting material (mist essence) that can drop from mobs intead of the chests, and use it with some of the tokens that players have saved from diligently doing the content.

And, hopefully, they bring some balance to fractal lengths and difficulties (problems being dredge length, and to a lesser extent, grawl end boss adds, and the length of cliffside).

Zexy.1407

Yeah the items are already in the game, so it can’t be that hard to add it to the vendor right?

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Bump

Really interested in ArenaNet there vision for the fractals, it makes no sense to only have rings available for pristine fractal relics. And the rings you don’t use (account bound!) can’t be sold or salvaged.

So this makes me wonder, why are the amulets only available outside the actual fractals…

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Bump

Really interested in ArenaNet there vision for the fractals, it makes no sense to only have rings available for pristine fractal relics. And the rings you don’t use (account bound!) can’t be sold or salvaged.

So this makes me wonder, why are the amulets only available outside the actual fractals…

Because they are desperately trying to create more content → forcing players to do things they dont want for other things they want to do.

They should add maybe different tokens for higher levels so you can buy amulets or earrings. Of course they still should stay outside of fractals for players that dont want to do them.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Because they are desperately trying to create more content -> forcing players to do things they dont want for other things they want to do.

They should add maybe different tokens for higher levels so you can buy amulets or earrings. Of course they still should stay outside of fractals for players that dont want to do them.

Well I get that they implement different ways to get the same items. It’s one of the things I appreciate about this game, you don’t get pushed in one single direction to get good armour or jewels.

However this makes no sense, people who run fractals need those ascended items to get rid of the agony effect(or completely mitigate it). Why would they put that specific item outside the actual dungeon that uses it…

I understand they provide the opportunity for people who don’t run fractals to get them, but it’s beyond reason not to give people who do run them an actual way with relics to get them.

I still think that we need to be able to salvage unused rings for globs or vials. Otherwise it’s all pure RNG.

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

Zexy.1407

Yeah and it’s pretty strange that you NEED ascended gear in fractals (for the higher levels) but you can’t earn that gear in fractals.

You don’t need it in PVE, it’s just an extra to make you stronger… but you can get more gear here then in fractals.