Pulling Mossman underwater. Ban or not?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tashir.8736

Tashir.8736

Hi,

Can someone tell me if pulling Mossman underwater is something forbiden to do on fractals? or I can join random teams and do it underwater and feel safe.

In my opinion this is a glitch and players should do this boss in his chamber.
Still moar fun doing this in right way.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I honestly wish they would get banned, same for people that wallsploit lupi.
But Anet is vague about this, and although they don’t support it the chances are really small to get banned for it

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Anyone doing it should be banned but ANet doesn’t give a kitten about it so nothing will get done about it.

For future reference.

Avoiding mechanics by standing in a singular area isn’t an exploit, it’s possible bad dungeon design (for example the cage room in the newer flame and frost fractal…sorry I can’t remember the name of the dungeon it’s late). In that fight there are areas in which you can avoid almost the entire fight mechanic, that’s an example of poor dungeon mechanic design.

Standing on a rock/ledge/platform while the boss attempts to hit you from below (yes there are some bosses that still have abilities that hit you), is a problem with pathing and the boss not resetting when it can’t reach the target. This is exploiting a bug.

Kiting and using geometry (running AROUND pillars and such) is a perfectly valid tactic.

Standing outside a stationary boss’s range is not an exploit, the boss “should” reset after an extended period of time, but is not. This is an example of poor boss implementation, and not an exploit.

Using terrain to block/dodge boss mechanics is also considered a valid tactic (standing behind a pillar when a boss charges).

At this point we are getting very nitpicky at each individual boss and each mechanic in question. I’m sure most of you are aware of what is an exploit and what is a mechanic/tactic. We are working on fixing these “Safe Spots”, but it’s going to take some time to get it done, and will probably happen over time. (Sorry I am not going to go into particulars for fights/changes)

I’ll be very clear here:
If a GM finds a player that is using a “Safe Spot”, that player will be moved out of the safe spot and warned (via in-game text). If they are caught again, that account will be temporarily suspended.

If a GM finds a player that is using a “Safe Spot” and selling the dungeon run, that account will be temporarily suspended without warning.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Safespots-and-Exploits/page/2#post4338224

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Pretty kittenty policy to ban because they can’t fix their own stuff.

I don’t see why they don’t have the walls close up when you engage the bosses (the wall that opens after wisps) and put a flag to enter like with Snowblind.

With the current enforcement on these questionable things it’s a gamble at best, one with great odds for the exploiter.

I don’t see having this bannable really doing much other than having a few people overly punished being used as scapegoats to scare some people away from doing it, while many others just continue on exploiting.

Banning players for ANets lack of attention and effort is just a sad policy.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Although I never have and never will do it, or any other exploit for that matter, I don’t believe you can get banned for it, or at least I have not heard any stories of people being banned for it and many fractal groups I am in say you can’t (even though I still insist on doing it normally).
As for whether it SHOULD be bannable, that is a completely different matter and it is not really my place to say if it should be. I will say this however, in my opinion it is most definitely an exploit due to it being a safe spot and should never be done by a group. If a group decides to do it anyway they are doing it at their own risk because they are breaking the rules.
Also, it should be fixed as soon as it can be because it does take away from what is a quite fun and challenging encounter on higher levels.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I don’t know if I would say those people should be banned, but the encounter needs fixed.

Personally, I hate it when my group drags him underwater. Although I do know people who do it every time they roll mossman. I will generally just float there and not do anything there are people I know in the group. If its a group of people I don’t know I will just leave.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

You won’t be banned for underwater exploiting Mossman. If Anet banned all those casual pugs doing that, half their gem sales would be cutted down

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Can someone tell me if pulling Mossman underwater is something forbiden to do on fractals?

Attachments:

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

If anet had a stong exploit enforcement policy then ya. If each time a exploit is becoming important they fix it and ban everybody using then people would not feel comfortable doing them. But let’s be honest. Anet dropped the ball regarding that and if they start using the ban hammer now, they would look stupid. We don’t really know what’s an exploit and what isn’t. They never fix them or only after several months/years. They never announce what they consider an bannable exploit or not and they never ban someone for those things. After a couple of month of complete lack of news from Anet about an ’’exploit’’ of course it’s gonna spread and everybody will start doing it.

I hope they do a better job with raids because they will be exploits in there. They need to post a list of everything they consider an bannable exploit while they trying to fix it. That way players won’t want to try new exploit and they won’t become the norm.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes it’s illegal.
But you can’t just ban people for a minor misdemeanor.
Also you can bug it by accident too.

Posted by: Kenaron.3654

Kenaron.3654

Can the Mossman just get some super OP under-water only moves please? Like, an axe whirlwind that does 50K a hit for like 10 hits, but only in water. The Skelk added to prevent water fighting Mossman do not accomplish this.
I ask this because as a ranger I really don’t like to be the designated Mossman puller. The pet gets in the way a lot, not to mention Mossman’s axes bounce off me to it and back to me again. And to water pull with a ranger you have to have your pet swap recharged or else your stupid animal stays on land and refuses to obey F3. Stowing the pet doesn’t help either as it comes out to play when you enter combat.

I would like to go back to fighting him legitimately but right now suggesting such in a pug is commonly grounds for being kicked. People aren’t super excited about rangers in fractals to begin with and one who wants to do things differently tends to not be missed.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You can’t ban people for it because it’s become so prevalent people are forced into it – want to FOTM 50? You either fight mossman there or you’re going to have to switch 5+ parties to try to find people who want to do it on land.

So a lot of players will be forced into doing it – which Anet is aware of.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I haven’t fought mossman in the water in weeks, only had to leave 1 party. Maybe search for parties with more restrictive descriptions? Ask for specific defensive/offensive mechanics to be brought? Search for people who know the value of having food/utility consumables on(preferably not mf food). Ie. “50; projectile defenses, offensive group buffs and food&utility consumables required”

Kenaron.3654

There are bosses where I feel that any trick you can do that makes it easier is 100% justified; but really mossman isn’t like that. People do it because its faster, though arguably its not even that. I think its spite. Spite, or the party hasn’t filled yet and its better to slow 3-man mossman in water auto-attacking than simply wait.

Jerus.4350

There are bosses where I feel that any trick you can do that makes it easier is 100% justified; but really mossman isn’t like that. People do it because its faster, though arguably its not even that. I think its spite. Spite, or the party hasn’t filled yet and its better to slow 3-man mossman in water auto-attacking than simply wait.

What bosses are those that you feel it’s justified? Just curious as personally I would put Mossman up there as one of the biggest pains in my behind. With his stealthed axes/chops he can be a major pain and even watching the minimap doesn’t always work (hidden behind the blue blobs of your group).

In a 5 man group I’d say Lupi, Mai, Mossman, and Imbued Shaman are probably the worst, or, well, behind that annoying as hell Elemental Source.

Not saying it’s justified, I don’t think using these things can really be justified, though I just don’t care. I think it’s ridiculous to even use the word ban when talking about playing the game without any 3rd party cheating tools and not doing anything that would negatively impact the community (no screwing the economy).

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Does it really matter what the law is, if it isn’t enforced? Anet doesn’t care, and hasn’t cared in a very long time.

Side note: I don’t think anyone should be banned for playing this game as it is presented to us. It should not be the player’s responsibility to determine what the creators had in mind, there is no way for us to know. Was fgs an exploit? Immobilising tar ele in p1 arah? Is line casting an exploit? If anet decides something is an exploit, they should just make it impossible to do it any longer. Expecting us to innately know what is allowed (especially with their terrible communication) is unrealistic.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hi,

Can someone tell me if pulling Mossman underwater is something forbiden to do on fractals? or I can join random teams and do it underwater and feel safe.

This is not forbidden and this is not an exploit. Mossman lacks proper AI for that, but it have nothing to do with any kind of rule violation.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Yes it’s illegal.

Of course they can. Read the Terms of Service, or the EULA. There is a clause that says they can terminate your account for any reason at anytime, or for no reason at all.

I actually fight him on land. Always have, always will. Parties that want to exploit him I just respectfully leave and move on to another party. I figure if you need to exploit that fight and are unable to beat it without doing it, Fractal 50s are probably not for you. Those that do it for speed, whatever that’s fine, I only mean those that simply can’t survive on land.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

In a 5 man group I’d say Lupi, Mai, Mossman, and Imbued Shaman are probably the worst, or, well, behind that annoying as hell Elemental Source.

The hit box on the crown for the elemental source needs to be fixed. No matter the level, the pug groups I’m in now-a-days just run in, ignoring elementals, and just nuke down the ele source. Usually it’s done after 2-3 wipes. I’m just tired of dealing with the infinite CCs.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I would have banned the people doing this a while ago temporarily (3-7 days) and then fixed the problem if I actually had the ability to do so. The only reason this isn’t fixed is a combination of both being unaware of it and having too many other things of higher importance to do. It’s not like they decided to let people fight the boss like this, it’s just that they aren’t willing to allocate ANY of their attention towards it. It’s sad, but it’s the only reason why dungeon related bugs never get attention.

Jerus.4350

The hit box on the crown for the elemental source needs to be fixed. No matter the level, the pug groups I’m in now-a-days just run in, ignoring elementals, and just nuke down the ele source. Usually it’s done after 2-3 wipes. I’m just tired of dealing with the infinite CCs.

If we could still destroy the swirler I’d not mind the fractal, but as it stands it’s just one too many CCs being thrown your way. And what’s worse is the invisible ones, god, getting thrown away because the swirler just showed the lightning no swirl or just randomly thrown back because the Sources “water dagger ele 1” thing comes your way but isn’t visible… god I hate it.

Jerus.4350

Hi,

This is not forbidden and this is not an exploit. Mossman lacks proper AI for that, but it have nothing to do with any kind of rule violation.

Umm… no, it is an exploit it is supposedly forbidden, and it violates rules. Look a few posts above at Chris Cleary’s quote. He lays down some general rules on what is and what isn’t allowed. What is a clever “exploitation”(for the lack of a better word but not meaning an exploit in the you’re in trouble sense) of the system and what is an exploit subject to recourse.

Safespotting is an exploit, one you can get in trouble for, and it’s defined as being able to attack an enemy while they can’t attack you for reasons other than poor design in the sense of being perma rooted or what not. Turmaine in CM is another example on the rocks or the treehouse. Archdiviner is the new one that’s popping up and growing in popularity. And Mossman is absolutely an exploit where you pull him somewhere so that he stops attacking while you attack him.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

There are bosses where I feel that any trick you can do that makes it easier is 100% justified; but really mossman isn’t like that.

What bosses are those that you feel it’s justified?

Vahid.

kitten Vahid.

Jerus.4350

There are bosses where I feel that any trick you can do that makes it easier is 100% justified; but really mossman isn’t like that.

What bosses are those that you feel it’s justified?

Vahid.

kitten Vahid.

>.< yeah he’s a pain, though if all else fails just afk at range That’s actually not an exploit according to Chris’s guideline, it’s just poor design.

Warcry.1596

Vahid my party stands at range. Takes long but that’s how we’ve always done it

Rednik.3809

Umm… no, it is an exploit it is supposedly forbidden, and it violates rules. Look a few posts above at Chris Cleary’s quote. He lays down some general rules on what is and what isn’t allowed. What is a clever “exploitation”(for the lack of a better word but not meaning an exploit in the you’re in trouble sense) of the system and what is an exploit subject to recourse.

No its not. You not attacking him out of map, not stacking on some rock. You pulling him at perfectly legit location where you came from. If AI cant handle that – this is AI problem, not player.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It is actually an exploit, but you won’t be banned for it unless you tried to sell the fractal afterward. Of course, that also requires someone report you for it to bring it to a GM’s attention, and that very likely won’t happen.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Kenaron.3654

What bosses are those that you feel it’s justified? Just curious as personally I would put Mossman up there as one of the biggest pains in my behind. With his stealthed axes/chops he can be a major pain and even watching the minimap doesn’t always work (hidden behind the blue blobs of your group).

Not saying it’s justified, I don’t think using these things can really be justified, though I just don’t care. I think it’s ridiculous to even use the word ban when talking about playing the game without any 3rd party cheating tools and not doing anything that would negatively impact the community (no screwing the economy).

Mia Trin is at the top of my list, and I agree with the inclusion of Lupi, Imbued Shaman and Elemental Source. Some enemies are a challenge and others are a chore. I remember Simin from Arah P4 taking something like two hours on my Dungeon Master run. The precise distinction I would say is weather the feeling you have after its accomplishment or bored exhaustion.

Legit fighting Mossman has never been to bad for me because I tend to be doing mad PBAoE in some form or another. His stealth periods give some time to recover and regroup, though I do wish he didn’t have quite so many wolves or that his wolves didn’t in turn summon even more wolves. My ranger would be OP too if I could have 6 pets at once. But on the whole I don’t put Mossman as being so obnoxious that the water trick is fully justified. Its more something you do because its the expectation than the way to cope with an overpowered boss.

Jerus.4350

No its not. You not attacking him out of map, not stacking on some rock. You pulling him at perfectly legit location where you came from. If AI cant handle that – this is AI problem, not player.

Him having poor AI doesn’t make it not an exploit to abuse the issues with his design. In fact that’s pretty much the definition of exploit, to use your knowledge of somethings weaknesses to your benefit.

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

Anet has banned for less, see how kripparian got banned on the first week of release and he didn’t even know what he was doing was an exploit, which it wasn’t but they still banned him for manipulating the economy. However these people wallsploiting lupi and bugging mossman underwater are well aware that when the designer made these encounter’s they didn’t design lupi with 3 phases so that you could skip the entire fight. They also didn’t design mossman to just stare at you while you kill him.

These people should be banned to set an example, if challenging group content was actually going to be hard they would have banned the exploiters to let the community know that it will not be tolerated but then again those people can’t complete content without exploiting.

Kenaron.3654

These people should be banned to set an example, if challenging group content was actually going to be hard they would have banned the exploiters to let the community know that it will not be tolerated but then again those people can’t complete content without exploiting.

Do you realize just how many people this would be?

A better solution would be to add a handful more skelk to that section going further back into mossman’s pull limit. Or walling off Mossman untill a fix can be made and just make people have to fight Bloomhunger in the meantime. Or really anything else before banning people. That would be severely disproportionate punishment.

If they want to start banning over exploits, starting off at Mossman pullers would be bizarre. There’s bigger cheats within fractals commonly taking place.

Rednik.3809

Him having poor AI doesn’t make it not an exploit to abuse the issues with his design. In fact that’s pretty much the definition of exploit, to use your knowledge of somethings weaknesses to your benefit.

Poor AI is an exploit now? Oh, so everyone should be banned for corner pulling (poor AI is too stupid to keep distance), for PbAOE stacking (poor AI is too stupid to go out), for projectile reflects (poor AI is too stupid to avoid WoR or wait it out), for stealth (this is a big one, you avoiding fight completely!) and even for dodge (poor AI is too stupid to keep track on energy).
Oh my, so much exploits!

25 charracters

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Poor AI is an exploit now? Oh, so everyone should be banned for corner pulling (poor AI is too stupid to keep distance), for PbAOE stacking (poor AI is too stupid to go out), for projectile reflects (poor AI is too stupid to avoid WoR or wait it out), for stealth (this is a big one, you avoiding fight completely!) and even for dodge (poor AI is too stupid to keep track on energy).
Oh my, so much exploits!

Are you really struggling to figure out that completely disabling a boss so it stays still and doesn’t attack you back, waiting there until you autoattack and literally AFK it to death is cheating?

Man, the gaming communities these days… unreal.

bladex.9502

Oh my, so much exploits!

There’s a difference between poor AI and purposely disabling all mechanics a boss has by bringing him to a place he shouldn’t be.
Mossman AI is fine, its the people that exploit him that make his AI bad.

Imo Anet should at least give the people that perform this act a 24 hour suspension, as a warning to others to not do it.
That, or fix the problem, but kitten actually fixing bugs, right?

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I think its messed up how players are turning against one another over this. It’s human nature to choose the easiest path. We shouldn’t be forced to make the choice between going against the will of our pug group and exploiting. That choice shouldn’t even be there, and the only reason it is available, is because anet cuts corners with their content.

Jerus.4350

Oh my, so much exploits!

I can’t help but feel that you’re trying to grasp for anything you can to make an excuse to exploit Mossman. Whatever makes you happy, GL!

Rednik.3809

There’s a difference between poor AI and purposely disabling all mechanics a boss has by bringing him to a place he shouldn’t be.

Imo Anet should at least give the people that perform this act a 24 hour suspension, as a warning to others to not do it.

Emm… disabling AI? Like, hacking Anet servers or smth? You run to him, attack, run back. While doing all those actions you are staying inside level, exactly where you have all rights to be by level design. Not on some bugged rock, tree, or outside of map. If boss not attacking you like he should – this is encounter designer fault, not player. Maybe he forgot to write evade code, maybe he missed a string and disabled underwater part of the encounter, maybe something else – but player have nothing to do with it. End of story.
If someone don’t like that – feel free to not use it, but stop lying about “exploits” and “cheats”.

25 charracters

(edited by Rednik.3809)

bladex.9502

Emm… disabling AI? Like, hacking Anet servers or smth? You run to him, attack, run back. While doing all those actions you are staying inside level, exactly where you have all rights to be by level design. Not on some bugged rock, tree, or outside of map. If boss not attacking you like he should – this is encounter designer fault, not player. Maybe he forgot to write evade code, maybe he missed a string and disabled underwater part of the encounter, maybe something else – but player have nothing to do with it. End of story.
If someone don’t like that – fell free to not use it, but stop lying about “exploits” and “cheats”.

You’re purposely using a known bug multiple times to be able to fight the boss without him utilizing his programmed mechanics, therefore you are exploiting.
You can discuss if its banable or not, but its a fact that its an exploit, because I highly doubt anet would implement an encounter in their self proclaimed “high end pve content” that does no attacks at all and allows you to afk it as if it were a target golem.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If someone don’t like that – feel free to not use it, but stop lying about “exploits” and “cheats”.

Attachments:

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

That quote from Chris basically says “Exploiting bad dungeon design is perfectly okay, but exploiting bad dungeon design is not allowed. Eh, I’m sure you guys know what I mean, so I won’t dedicate any more of my time explaining specifically. Just remember, we can ban you if you do the thing we just told you it’s okay and not okay to do, without warning~”

Rednik.3809

That quote from Chris basically says “Exploiting bad dungeon design is perfectly okay, but exploiting bad dungeon design is not allowed. Eh, I’m sure you guys know what I mean, so I won’t dedicate any more of my time explaining specifically. Just remember, we can ban you if you do the thing we just told you it’s okay and not okay to do, without warning~”

As usual – as long as your actions are not hurting other players or game economy – no one cares, and it will be as is until bug will be eventually fixed.
Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if it will last another year or two.

25 charracters

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

If I didn’t know that this is such a huge topic in the forums, I wouldn’t know it was a bug. There are tons of tactics like standing on the wooden beam for the CM freezer boss (is this actually an ‘exploit’, too?). Why are people so mad about it? It’s one single boss and the 1st time someone pulled this guy underwater I just though it was a new tactic.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

If I didn’t know that this is such a huge topic in the forums, I wouldn’t know it was a bug. There are tons of tactics like standing on the wooden beam for the CM freezer boss (is this actually an ‘exploit’, too?). Why are people so mad about it? It’s one single boss and the 1st time someone pulled this guy underwater I just though it was a new tactic.

Basically whenever you can hit a mobile boss, but due to terrain he can not hit you and does not evade it is an exploit. It goes back to the early days of dungeon running, when in AC1 or 3 (cant remember which) you could run up the stairs at the endboss (the path to the unfinished jp) and range the boss without any danger. There was a red post which said that it was a bug, and using a bug to gain something is an exploit. It was also said that the safe spot (which was safe of falling rocks) at the other one, was not an exploit because the boss would still hit you, just that 1 attack could not hit that one (or those 3 i think) spots.
Why people are mad is simple: using exploits gives a bad impression of dungeon/fractal running. PvE in GW2 can be made difficult by self imposed challenges (lowmaning, solos, not using frostbow/reflect etc) but in general it is not that hard even without exploiting bugs. Nowadays a lot of people think it is even easier (some even think it’s trivial) because somewhat difficult encounters are exploited (Mossman, Archdiviner i.e.).
People are also mad, because those bugs are not fixed. The 2 I mentioned above were fixed not that long after they became mainstream. Mossman has been known to the “public” for a few months now, archdiviner will soon be (got at least 1 in every low fractal pug i join), you mentioned Frost which is a really old bug … . The dungeon community just feels a little abandoned.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Basically you are right, but I don’t know any other community where dozens of threads about one single boss spawns with people so utterly mad full of swearing and asking for a fix.

Coming from another game forum right now and it’s full of ‘use this glitch, ’cheese this boss’ and everyone thinks it’s okay…

What I don’t get, Mossman does hit underwater, doesn’t he? I don’t do fractals often (did it maybe once or twice after the glitch went live), and I experienced damage from him. So you don’t evade his attacks.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Basically you are right, but I don’t know any other community where dozens of threads about one single boss spawns with people so utterly mad full of swearing and asking for a fix.

Coming from another game forum right now and it’s full of ‘use this glitch, ’cheese this boss’ and everyone thinks it’s okay…

What I don’t get, Mossman does hit underwater, doesn’t he? I don’t do fractals often (did it maybe once or twice after the glitch went live), and I experienced damage from him. So you don’t evade his attacks.

He hits you underwater but if you make him teleport from ground to water his weapon swap will bug and since ground skills don’t work underwater you can press 1 and go afk.

Warcry.1596

My question is why this thread is even open still? When Guardian symbol damage trait was bugged 2 months ago I posted a video of Tequatl dying with 13:38 on the timer and people talked about it in the video and I got infracted for posting it. Where is the OP’s infraction for discussing an exploit?

I don’t REALLY mind, I just don’t get why I was infracted if someone else wasn’t or won’t be

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

My question is why this thread is even open still? When Guardian symbol damage trait was bugged 2 months ago I posted a video of Tequatl dying with 13:38 on the timer and people talked about it in the video and I got infracted for posting it. Where is the OP’s infraction for discussing an exploit?

I don’t REALLY mind, I just don’t get why I was infracted if someone else wasn’t or won’t be

This is dungeon forum. A long forgotten territory which only few mods dare to visit.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is dungeon forum. A long forgotten territory which only few mods dare to visit.

More importantly the moderation team relies on me to tell them what threads are breaking the rules to action them. You could always tip them off by reporting it if you really think it’s breaking a rule, though the scale of this bug compared to the Symbolic Avenger bug should make it clear why this one hasn’t been removed. At this point it’s just a discussion of a really annoying bug.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Harper.4173

Yes it’s illegal.

Of course they can. Read the Terms of Service, or the EULA. There is a clause that says they can terminate your account for any reason at anytime, or for no reason at all.

I actually fight him on land. Always have, always will. Parties that want to exploit him I just respectfully leave and move on to another party. I figure if you need to exploit that fight and are unable to beat it without doing it, Fractal 50s are probably not for you. Those that do it for speed, whatever that’s fine, I only mean those that simply can’t survive on land.

While I do agree with your right to play your way and I don’t particularly like underwater Mossman I feel there’s a small thing to add.

I figure if you need to exploit that fight and are unable to beat it without doing it, Fractal 50s are probably not for you.

This is false. Just because people decide to do it easy doesn’t mean they can’t do it. It just means they don’t care about the encounter.

I don’t care about any fractals encounter anymore – done far too much of the same content for me to care about anything else than my end chest at the end of a run.

I would bet there are many others that feel the same way. It’s not that the content can’t be done normally – it’s just that people are so sick and tired of it they would rather tab out and take longer without having to actually pay attention to it.

If it wasn’t for the sad stale state of content we wouldn’t see this -but we do – because we’ve had insufficient content for far too long.

Harper.4173

So what about corner stacking? Or pulling mobs together using skills?
Their AI is so bad they won’t spread out again as to not be obliterated by AOEs – am I then exploiting them?

What about being chased by mobs in the open world and jumping off a ledge/high ground knowing the mobs are unable to do the same – am I exploiting?

It’s a fine line – and I feel that "to use your knowledge of somethings weaknesses to your benefit. " doesn’t mean you’re exploiting.