Punishing those that didn't buy.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

No , the problem is the REAL fractal loot is LOCKED behind the Fractal Mastery (which requires HoT)…..

this is a the scenario – “haha I have HoT, I have access to the best fractal rewards , take that core game f2per scrub”…..

Ppl aren’t bent on getting gold, its the fact they TOOK AWAY from the core game….and LOCKED it behind HoT…..

also, you do realize gold is pretty much the only way to get anythign in this game right???? Outside of accountboud/soulbound drops, gold is the ideal way to get something like a new gemstore skin…..

Also, on a side note, how pathetic is it that anet couldn’t even AT LEAST add NEW fractal instances….. I mean my godness, years of the same crap. You think players should be happy with all this and just say “eh its ok anet, you guys are awesome, we don’t care how you treat us!!”

This is my point you are so bent on rewards, playing a game is reward enuf. If you really need those silly gem skins maybe pay a few dollars and buy them with money and support the game.

Are there advantages to buying the expansion, yes. Did they say they wern’t going to nerf the f2p aspects of the game, no. They have nerfed the f2p content because they would like to get ‘paid’ for delivering content to people, either though the purchase of an expansion (earn more gold and can get gems easier/faster) or micro-transactions (buying gems directly with money). They are giving away content free that use to cost $50. If fractals aren’t fun and only played for rewards then they shouldn’t be played.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It is not a disaster just because you are too cheap to afford an expansion. The fact of the matter is, Arena net seems genereous when you compared to other companies.

Also, if you are not going to buy the expansion why bother run dungeons? Those things are never going to be improved and it makes everything pointless.

Lmao, so people who don’t buy the expansion are being cheap? What if it’s because they disagree with the direction of the company and don’t want to throw money at them when they’re skeptical of their business practices?

The condescension is real.

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

quit the game nothing to do here anymore let the hot players play for few weeks then you’ll see ’em playing other games instead zis game.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

No , the problem is the REAL fractal loot is LOCKED behind the Fractal Mastery (which requires HoT)…..

this is a the scenario – “haha I have HoT, I have access to the best fractal rewards , take that core game f2per scrub”…..

Ppl aren’t bent on getting gold, its the fact they TOOK AWAY from the core game….and LOCKED it behind HoT…..

also, you do realize gold is pretty much the only way to get anythign in this game right???? Outside of accountboud/soulbound drops, gold is the ideal way to get something like a new gemstore skin…..

Also, on a side note, how pathetic is it that anet couldn’t even AT LEAST add NEW fractal instances….. I mean my godness, years of the same crap. You think players should be happy with all this and just say “eh its ok anet, you guys are awesome, we don’t care how you treat us!!”

This is my point you are so bent on rewards, playing a game is reward enuf. If you really need those silly gem skins maybe pay a few dollars and buy them with money and support the game.

Are there advantages to buying the expansion, yes. Did they say they wern’t going to nerf the f2p aspects of the game, no. They have nerfed the f2p content because they would like to get ‘paid’ for delivering content to people, either though the purchase of an expansion (earn more gold and can get gems easier/faster) or micro-transactions (buying gems directly with money). They are giving away content free that use to cost $50. If fractals aren’t fun and only played for rewards then they shouldn’t be played.

problem is, they nerfed the buy to play aspects of the game

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

How has this not been obvious already?

Anet doesn’t generate revenue with subs. It has to have other means of income.

This is where it comes in… it makes logical sense to entise players to BUY the xpac….

At the end of the day, Anet is a business, and they need income to operate it.

They will do whats best for them, its a business decision.

They don’t give a crap that core game players are HILARIOUSLY left behind in terms of making progress in GW2….

All the good money making strategies are now tied behind HoT…(raids and fractals, SW will be chump change compared to the new HoT Map rewards)

Want a more diverse and potentially BETTER spec to PvP/WvW with? pay up and buy HoT for elite specs… otherwise, you will get roflstomped in PvP/WvW by better specs.

its a cheap move, no doubt, but at the end of the day, anet is a business. They value THE PAYING CUSTOMER. NOT THE FREE.

free..lol..gws 2 wasn’t free when i got it..i had to buy this game..and i think the elite forms should be open to everyone..or it will unbalance the game..

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

They have been nerfing loot continuously for the last two years. How often do you actually find something useful in a “Champ” bag? Key runs are now limited. How many keys have you had drop since that change?

As to revenue, there might be a very good reason why the HOT pre-purchase {It’s been months} was pushed so heavily. Always nice when you can use other folks money, and not have to pay interest. The question in my mind, is whether post launch sales of HOT will be strong.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Nerfing Old World loot is kind of unnecessary. There would have been no problems with leaving Old World loot the way it has been for 3 years.

Since it’s completely unnecessary, I agree that it’s a greed move.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

This is where it comes in… it makes logical sense to entise players to BUY the xpac….

They don’t give a crap that core game players are HILARIOUSLY left behind in terms of making progress in GW2….

All the good money making strategies are now tied behind HoT…(raids and fractals, SW will be chump change compared to the new HoT Map rewards)

Want a more diverse and potentially BETTER spec to PvP/WvW with? pay up and buy HoT for elite specs… otherwise, you will get roflstomped in PvP/WvW by better specs.

its a cheap move, no doubt, but at the end of the day, anet is a business. They value THE PAYING CUSTOMER. NOT THE FREE.

The paying customer has the core game unlocked genius, or did you forget a lot of us paid over $60 for the original and another $50 for HoT…

I don’t even fractal, but fractals are apart of the base game and have been for 3 years, it is not HoT content.

If you don’t fractal, than you shouldn’t have commented.

If you did, you would realize they took the fractal rewards and NERFED them pretty HARD for the CORE game players… the BEST fractal chest NOW REQUIRES fractal mastery (HoT ONLY)….

That’s a straight up Middle finger to core game players who enjoyed fractals.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Dude, you can’t lecture ppl on what a reward is and what its not.

If you think playing the game is reward enuf, than good for you!

Why are you still playing? You already beat the story right? whats the point of playing if you don’t want to get new skins and stuff huh?

why you think anet keeps adding “rewards” like skins huh? BECAUSE PLAYERS WANT IT.

Thats the goal of a freaking MMORPG, have fun, with your friends, and progress towards cool, new rewards.

There has to be goals to work towards, otherwise the population gets bored and leaves. Rewards are one of the types of goals ppl work towards…. why is that so hard for you to understand????

virus.4370

well I feel kind of cheated..as a vet of gws 1..who paid for gws 2 to have the HOT expand get what we all paid for, for free plus new content..and Over powered elites..that completely knock pvp out of balance and wvw..then make what we paid for now free..and not even care about the vets that made this game survive…without us vets the game would have fail..vets as in all that paid for the core game. anet give us no respect…i could have saved 80$ and waited and got the whole game.

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

Tho, if you look at it, the ones that are screwed are the ones that bought HoT. Imagine the amount of grind that they’ll have to endure to unlock all the masteries and elites rofl.

I kinda feel bad for them, they bought it and now they gotta grind it xD

Fractals on the other hand were not part of the expansion. At least the ones up to level 50 and should have stayed the same. You wanna play 50+, buy the expansion…that I could live with.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

welcome to the business of… well.. doing business lol.

What about “goodwill”? At least in gaming industry, this should be a very important asset.

What Anet is doing now for HOT is often done by companies that do not plan to be in business for long and just want to grab as much money as possible for now. This really makes me worry about the future of the Guild Wars franchise.

Unfortunately, employees can’t pay their own bills with goodwill nor can ANet pay it’s own bills with goodwill. At some point, companies have to do things to turn a profit. And sometimes those decisions lead to unpopular game directions.

That being said, I neither agree nor disagree with the OP on the fractals issue as I haven’t played fractals enough to know what the rewards were before and what they are now and what now requires HoT or what doesn’t.

If they have locked previously available rewards behind HoT, that is a pretty horrible move. New rewards is fine, but old rewards is low.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Almost everything about HoT has been a cash grab, shouldn’t be much of a surprise. It’s one thing to create content to incentivise buying said content, it’s another to downgrade current content to force it.

virus.4370

Almost everything about HoT has been a cash grab, shouldn’t be much of a surprise. It’s one thing to create content to incentivise buying said content, it’s another to downgrade current content to force it.

i agree..when gws 1 was new and they release factions, nighfall, and eye of the north..i wanted the games for content..i couldn’t wait to play the stories..lol heck i almost went to jail trying to buy eye of the north..it wasn’t about pay and you get upgrades to make you win

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

lol heck i almost went to jail trying to buy eye of the north..it wasn’t about pay and you get upgrades to make you win

Are you joking or don’t you remember old Ursan Blessing and the introduction of consumables? It was exactly the same thing. You had to have all 3 campaigns and EotN or you were severely disadvantaged. This is why I don’t get the bellyaching from people who played GW1 and why I pre-purchased HoT when I started GW2 – because the expansions will become core content just as much as the first instalment of the game. If you can’t get it now, get it when you can. I wish people weren’t into instant gratification so much…

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: MyriadStars.5679

MyriadStars.5679

welcome to the business of… well.. doing business lol.

What about “goodwill”? At least in gaming industry, this should be a very important asset.

What Anet is doing now for HOT is often done by companies that do not plan to be in business for long and just want to grab as much money as possible for now. This really makes me worry about the future of the Guild Wars franchise.

Unfortunately, employees can’t pay their own bills with goodwill nor can ANet pay it’s own bills with goodwill. At some point, companies have to do things to turn a profit. And sometimes those decisions lead to unpopular game directions.

That being said, I neither agree nor disagree with the OP on the fractals issue as I haven’t played fractals enough to know what the rewards were before and what they are now and what now requires HoT or what doesn’t.

If they have locked previously available rewards behind HoT, that is a pretty horrible move. New rewards is fine, but old rewards is low.

Are you implying that Anet would go bankrupt if they spent 6 more months to make a better xpac? If not, harming their reputation as they are doing now will reduce their profit in the long run.

virus.4370

lol heck i almost went to jail trying to buy eye of the north..it wasn’t about pay and you get upgrades to make you win

Are you joking or don’t you remember old Ursan Blessing and the introduction of consumables? It was exactly the same thing. You had to have all 3 campaigns and EotN or you were severely disadvantaged. This is why I don’t get the bellyaching from people who played GW1 and why I pre-purchased HoT when I started GW2 – because the expansions will become core content just as much as the first instalment of the game. If you can’t get it now, get it when you can. I wish people weren’t into instant gratification so much…

i played only pve in gws 1..mostly..so they gave me no real advantage..plus i played solo..with hench or hero’s..so i was by myself..no advantage…and if in gws 2 it was like that..i wouldn’t care..but they never locked old content to make you by the new expand

Bellatrixa.3546

i played only pve in gws 1..mostly..so they gave me no real advantage..plus i played solo..with hench or hero’s..so i was by myself..no advantage…and if in gws 2 it was like that..i wouldn’t care..but they never locked old content to make you by the new expand

Uh, the EotN skills were PvE only, as were consumables so actually they gave PvErs a major advantage in elite areas and therefore money making. Not to mention that you needed EotN for dungeons, much like HoT is required for raids. Heroes weren’t available in Prophecies so again, in order to play effectively you needed Nightfall or EotN. Then there was the whole introduction of Zaishen missions/challenges/bounties later on: you needed all parts of the game in order to be able to fully access them.

My point is this is nothing new with ANet in the slightest. As others have said, they have to make their money somehow with a no subscription model and it still works out cheaper than a subscription game. A game that stays static is a dead game.

Don’t buy HoT if you don’t want to, but don’t complain about being left behind.

dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

MyriadStars.5679

What you said happened when they announced that they were making gw2. That is, gw1 was at the end of its lifespan and no more xpac would be released. At that time, very few people would plan to play gw1 for many more years, so it wasn’t a big deal when some people were disadvantaged. Are you implying that they are doing this because we are going to see gw3 soon, so that whether our characters make much progression in gw2 now does not matter much? If this were the case, I would feel better, but we are not told any news like this.

(edited by MyriadStars.5679)

virus.4370

Uh, the EotN skills were PvE only, as were consumables so actually they gave PvErs a major advantage in elite areas and therefore money making. Not to mention that you needed EotN for dungeons, much like HoT is required for raids. Heroes weren’t available in Prophecies so again, in order to play effectively you needed Nightfall or EotN. Then there was the whole introduction of Zaishen missions/challenges/bounties later on: you needed all parts of the game in order to be able to fully access them.

My point is this is nothing new with ANet in the slightest. As others have said, they have to make their money somehow with a no subscription model and it still works out cheaper than a subscription game. A game that stays static is a dead game.

you missed my point..i never used the consumables. i use hench before hero’s..i liked them better then most people..never had a hench leave or zone me over and over. and you seemed hung up on eotn..when i started factions..i didn’t need to buy every area..or in nightfall i didn’t play half the game and anet said sorry you can’t play the rest of the map until you buy another expand..or sorry we have locked all the henchmen and rewards up in the other gws games you didn’t buy the eotn.

Bellatrixa.3546

What you said happened when they announced that they were making gw2. That is, gw1 was at the end of its lifespan and no more xpac would be released. At that time, very few people would plan to play gw1 for many more years, so it wasn’t a big deal when some people were disadvantaged. Are you implying that they are doing this because we are going to see gw3 soon, so that whether our characters make much progression in gw2 now does not matter much? If this were the case, I would feel better, but we are not told any news like this.

No, but I would guess they’re already working on the next expansion or at the very least have a fair number of ideas for it. But my point stands about content being locked behind expansions and changes to the core game happening as a result. I remember even a couple of years ago, people who only had one expansion saying they were bummed they didn’t have access to x skill/area/content. Heroes being introduced affected anyone with only Prophecies as it became a lot harder for them to form groups and the henchie AI was terrible. As I said, games have to evolve or they die on their backsides. It’s kind of a given in my eyes that if an expansion comes out, it’s content that you will need for the rest of the game.

Oh, and we knew very early on that GW1 would be linked to GW2 in some way, hence the Hall of Monuments calculator being around for so long before GW2’s launch and people working on the game for those. Heck, people still go back to work on those so there’s still sales. Bet those people aren’t just buying Prophecies either.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Call me crazy, but I’ve always felt more inclined to purchase a product when I’m enticed to do so by a carrot rather than a stick.

Thank you! My feelings exactly.

I was disappointed with the direction this game took and I didn’t buy the expansion. I don’t regret that decision. I have some fun playing GW2 and it’s paid for. It’s not likely I’d spend another dollar on this game though.

I pre-purchased GW2 based on good faith from the original. That good faith is long gone.

If it makes you feel better, a lot of people are less than thrilled with the expansion. You saved some money.

MyriadStars.5679

I would guess they’re already working on the next expansion

I am thinking of the opposite. If they were going to release more expansions, they would have cared more about the reputation of their company. Trying to grab as much money as possible by forcing people to buy the xpac will hurt their reputation, and if more xpacs are on the way, then they will make less money in the long run. Therefore, I really worry about the future of the franchise.

virus.4370

Call me crazy, but I’ve always felt more inclined to purchase a product when I’m enticed to do so by a carrot rather than a stick.

Thank you! My feelings exactly.

I was disappointed with the direction this game took and I didn’t buy the expansion. I don’t regret that decision. I have some fun playing GW2 and it’s paid for. It’s not likely I’d spend another dollar on this game though.

I pre-purchased GW2 based on good faith from the original. That good faith is long gone.

If it makes you feel better, a lot of people are less than thrilled with the expansion. You saved some money.

I also pre-purchased GW2 based on good faith from the original…and like you they have lost my faith, now they have to re-gain that lost faith…i guess i will wait for Cantha..so i can get my gws 1 home area back and get all the proph area’s at once. Cantha in gws 1 still has my heart.

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

To people who are serious about the “old content nerf” , yeah maybe other expansions didnt nerfed old content, instead of it, they made the new content so much more worth, that its literally the same. You guys… sigh

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Bad design in a game doesn’t excuse bad design in another.

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

To people who are serious about the “old content nerf” , yeah maybe other expansions didnt nerfed old content, instead of it, they made the new content so much more worth, that its literally the same. You guys… sigh

Except the old content in said other games was still perfectly playable and didn’t have rewards/loot tweaked until several expansions later, if at all. They most certainly did not remove key rewards and content from their older stuff, just to gate it away and have it available only to those willing to shell out 40-60 bucks for it.

You know what they did do though? Create enough original content to justify the price tag while leaving the older stuff as intact as possible for the people that paid for it.

Buying the expansion right now feels less like I’m ‘supporting’ Anet and more like I’m being suckered by them. No thanks

There is no need to tweak anything if its not worth anything. Old content always got obsolete in WoW for example, GW2 is far away from that. KKthxbye

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

And they do this with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate coming out on the same day as well as other games coming out on the same day. People were looking to see what to spend their 50$ on, nerfing the core game, meh, who cares, we’ll just play another game.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

And they do this with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate coming out on the same day as well as other games coming out on the same day. People were looking to see what to spend their 50$ on, nerfing the core game, meh, who cares, we’ll just play another game.

Hence the reason the pre-purchase was pushed for the last few months. Lots of people threw money at them based on faith. Hopefully those folks feel that they got their money’s worth.

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

It has other means of income. That was the entire point of the gem store, and now having a paid expansion.

I knew F2P would bite us in the kitten , just for the wrong reasons. sigh

Oh Lanfear. I happen to run across one of your posts after a very long time and nothing has changed. One day you will stop saying things verbatim of what I’m thinking and then I’ll know you’ve finally quit your Unholy Black Satan Magic for good. :P

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

It is not a disaster just because you are too cheap to afford an expansion. The fact of the matter is, Arena net seems genereous when you compared to other companies.

Also, if you are not going to buy the expansion why bother run dungeons? Those things are never going to be improved and it makes everything pointless.

hes talking about fractals, not dungeons. Do you even read bro?

He/she, like far too many of the Guild Wars 2 fanbase, is in too big a hurry to victim-blame to bother reading – let alone actually consider – any criticism or concern being addressed by those who haven’t waterlogged themselves with Kool-Aid.

Victim blame? Victim blame? Ooh boy, hoo hoo haa haa haah! Seriously? Did I read this right? This guy is a “victim” now? Oh dear me. No. Victims have actually suffered more than the little inconvenience of having one of their circus acts taken away. However I do like the kool-aid reference, although it’s possibly a little before your time.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Fractals are HOT content. So you need to buy HOT to get access to the full experience.

Oh wow. Fractals are now HOT content. I’ve seen it all on these forums.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It has other means of income. That was the entire point of the gem store, and now having a paid expansion.

I knew F2P would bite us in the kitten , just for the wrong reasons. sigh

Oh Lanfear. I happen to run across one of your posts after a very long time and nothing has changed. One day you will stop saying things verbatim of what I’m thinking and then I’ll know you’ve finally quit your Unholy Black Satan Magic for good. :P

Unholy Black Satan Magic?

pokes bones, incense and other brick-a-brack further under the carpet out of sight

Whatever could you mean?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Fractals are HOT content. So you need to buy HOT to get access to the full experience.

Oh wow. Fractals are now HOT content. I’ve seen it all on these forums.

Unfortunately he’s right in a way, as they’ve simply taken fractals and moved them to HoT.

Also I had to laugh when i woke up this morning to see the mods had moved this thread to the dungeon forum. I guess it was generating too much attention in general where it belongs.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: redhammer.9827

redhammer.9827

The only thing sadder than P2W is Pay-not-to-loss.

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

It’s simple, Anet. Reward expac buyers, not punish those who don’t.

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

There has to be goals to work towards, otherwise the population gets bored and leaves. Rewards are one of the types of goals ppl work towards…. why is that so hard for you to understand????

Riddle me this, young padawan, when you quit playing this game, who is going to give a flying kitten how many of these goals you achieved? Never mind, I’ll just tell you.. NOBODY!

You play a game to be entertained. There is no other reason. The only thing that will matter when all is said and done is whether or not you enjoyed it.

And to those of you who won’t spend a measly $50 on the expansion.. why the hell are you even still playing? I assume this is your first MMO, because you clearly have no idea how this works. Finish up your temper tantrums already and pony up, or just quit the game like you’ve probably threatened to do a hundred times already.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you have stuff to do go run kitten besides fractals. If you don’t, you’ve obvousily gotten you’ve obviously gotten your $60 worth from the game over the last 3 years, I dunno what you’re complaining about.

The constant entitlement and crying about having to buy an expansion once every 3 years to be able to max out additional content that was given to you for free to begin with and upgraded with the expansion is hilarious, but also sort of sad.

Posted by: LouCypherAsh.7980

LouCypherAsh.7980

Since I feel kinda betrayed , I can not imagine they made the right business move. Right now I do not wish to invest another Cent. I am even considering to quit Guild Wars completely. I sincerely regret to have bought the expansion – which never happened before.

Sad.

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Alternative thread title: “Rewarding those that support Anet”

Seriously though, you’re acting like you can’t even play fractals. I’ve did a few runs this weekend and felt suitably rewarded for my efforts and I haven’t put any points into the fractal mastery.

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

I’m surprised the Central Tyria masteries were locked behind HoT because that is surely core content. Feels wrong. These masteries are an opportunity for folks without the expansion to get a taste for them.

Then there’s the issue that core WvW players (“core” as in “without HoT”) get their new map, which is great, but core Fractals players are hosed without the mastery. The WvW players got what they should have but the Fractals ones not.

No masteries also means no legendary precursor hunts for core players either, which is just rude. How long have they waited for that? I’ve got the xpac, so I can do the hunts, but I expected people without the xpac to be able to do that as well.

Posted by: Roseblood.6793

Roseblood.6793

I see a fairly simple solution to all this:

Make the Pact Tyria masteries available to everyone. (no sarcasm either).

I think that the mastery system is something that can be expanded upon but it’d have to be a part of the core game for it to feel normal. Using expansions to expand on expansions just feels weird. It gives existing players a taste of what it’s like and might motivate others to join in on the HoT fun.
My main problem with this will be the increased amount of gold-sellers that will farm the legendary masteries to sell the legendaries online.

EDIT: Looks like someone posted the exact same thing as I wrote this =_="

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Base rewards aren’t gated behind HOT.

HOT:
1) Makes access to higher levels and (some) new rewards possible
2) Makes completing the higher levels easier.

Scaling seems to be adjusted downwards, and AR is (at least at 50). This is literally a case of HOT purchasers gain access to new content, nonpurchasers do not.

**Except nonpurchasers largely do, they just have a harder time.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Trying to think what’s absolutely blocked:

1) Mastery merchant (currently disabled anyways)
a) Efficient agony conversion (bug?)
b) Infusion Extracotrs
c) Attuned Ascended rings

2) Increased rewards – noting that as far as I can tell, this doesn’t directly relate to any specific item, but just gives you more of what you were already getting.

3) Minor ‘nice to haves’ like the singularities and the potions (supposedely) having greater impact:

vespers.1759

Rewarding players that bought HoT by taking away from the ones that bought the base game and the content that was included with it for years.

Good logic.

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

Rewarding players that bought HoT by taking away from the ones that bought the base game and the content that was included with it for years.

Good logic.

Rewards /= Content so nothing has been “taken” from you

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It is common sense that you have to buy expansions for MMOs otherwise you are left out. What about WoW, you can’t even level to the new cap, old content gets moved to the higher level (like vanilla Naxxramas vs. Lich King Naxxramas).

It’s just normal MMO business. And besides that: If you like to play it, why aren’t you buying the expansion.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

ANet isn’t catering to people who refuse to buy their game?!? It’s almost as if they’re trying to earn money! As if there’s some sort of expenses they need to cover or something! You’re right, this is ridiculous!

/sarcasm

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Who are these bizarre people who LOVE guild wars 2 enough to complain about content they don’t have access to on the forums, but DON’T LOVE it enough to save up $60 to buy an expansion they had 10 months advanced notice of? That’s 20 cents a day roughly speaking. If you can’t save that up I wonder how you pay your utility bills and ISP.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

vespers.1759

Who are these bizarre people who LOVE guild wars 2 enough to complain about content they don’t have access to on the forums, but DON’T LOVE it enough to save up $60 to buy an expansion they had 10 months advanced notice of? That’s 20 cents a day roughly speaking. If you can’t save that up I wonder how you pay your utility bills and ISP.

Nobody is complaining about content they don’t have access to. If they want to lock people out of the new content they are perfectly entitled to do so and I would have zero issue with it.

Don’t want to let me into the new maps? Fine. Don’t want to let me run fracts past 50? Fine. Don’t want to let me go to the guild hall? Fine.

But nerfing things that have been in the game for the sole purpose of trying to force an expansion purchase? That’s just slimy.

also idk why everyone indists on insinuating that people that didn’t buy are poor. It has nothing to do with the cost of the expansion (although it really does have about $20 worth of content), and everything to do with being against kittenty business practices.

I didn’t buy the expansion because it’s in my opinion a kittenty expansion that doesn’t deserve kitten price tag whether I can easily afford it or not.