PvE Month Idea

PvE Month Idea

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

In the spirit of the neat WvW tourneys, I would like to suggest a similar thing to PvE (not a tourney exactly).

Every few months, maybe a list of dungeon/fractal/open world specific achievements, something akin to:

• “Complete x dungeon in x time.”
  • “Complete at least 30 fractals.”
  • “Do every story path of every dungeon.”
  • “Defeat Tequatl.”
  • “Complete 50 events in open world.”
  • “Complete x dungeon with at least 3 different classes”
  • “Complete 10 personal story levels”

Etc. There could be a number of these achievements, as example, 15 of them, and say 10 of them are required to complete the achievement. The reward for the “meta” could be something along the lines of, some ascended materials like dragonite, or a number of dungeon tokens, or a number of fractal relics, whatever. (A special exclusive mini maybe? ;D )

Obviously, there’s no person v person or server v server competition here. It’s more of like Anet saying “PvE month!” (or week, or fortnight, whatever!). To encourage more people to say, attempt some fractals, or some dungeons. And for those of us who hate open world (ahem, me.) to give us some sort of incentive to go out and do the open world content.

I’d like to hear some ideas on how to make this neat and as uncontroversial as possible (I know we will get people saying “PVE DOESN’T NEED ANYTHING WAAAAAAAH.” But I’m just throwing it out there.

I’d love some thoughts and criticism!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Dungeon reward tracks based on number of paths and time spent.

HYPE !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

Id be so down for those kind of achievments

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Some of these are wrapped into dailies/monthlies already, but a more focused event (or updating the achievements that appear in dailies/monthlies to include more recent PvE additions) would be nice.

My personal vote is for more “Ambient Killer” achievements. I love beating up rabbits.

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

In the spirit of the neat WvW tourneys, I would like to suggest a similar thing to PvE (not a tourney exactly).

Every few months, maybe a list of dungeon/fractal/open world specific achievements, something akin to:

• “Complete x dungeon in x time.”
  • “Complete at least 30 fractals.”
  • “Do every story path of every dungeon.”
  • “Defeat Tequatl.”
  • “Complete 50 events in open world.”
  • “Complete x dungeon with at least 3 different classes”
  • “Complete 10 personal story levels”

Etc. There could be a number of these achievements, as example, 15 of them, and say 10 of them are required to complete the achievement. The reward for the “meta” could be something along the lines of, some ascended materials like dragonite, or a number of dungeon tokens, or a number of fractal relics, whatever. (A special exclusive mini maybe? ;D )

Obviously, there’s no person v person or server v server competition here. It’s more of like Anet saying “PvE month!” (or week, or fortnight, whatever!). To encourage more people to say, attempt some fractals, or some dungeons. And for those of us who hate open world (ahem, me.) to give us some sort of incentive to go out and do the open world content.

I’d like to hear some ideas on how to make this neat and as uncontroversial as possible (I know we will get people saying “PVE DOESN’T NEED ANYTHING WAAAAAAAH.” But I’m just throwing it out there.

I’d love some thoughts and criticism!

Wonderful Idea IMO.

Just so I make sure I’m understanding right though. You’re basically just saying that every so often they add additional achievements for going and doing the various aspects of PVE. In other words addition incentive to get out of your normal grind.

I typically run the standard dungeon tour minus arah. I’d have extra incentive to go do some Open world stuff or fractals, maybe even some World Bosses. I think that’s great.

Another Idea would be “daily dungeons/zones” So like today you only get your meta point if you complete a CM dungeon path, and do open world events in Timberland Falls. Then tomorrow it changes randomly to Arah and Iron Marches, etc. Really get certain dungeons and certain zones pumping. Complete the “daily” 15 times over a month or two or whatever and you get that achievement done.

PvE Month Idea

Lilith Ajit.6173

I love the idea of a daily story dungeon for a gold and a pittance of tokens. But yeah you understood right. I get that these kinds of achievements can’t be every month but it would be cool if between living story stuff or wvw tourneys where we have some lull in achievements they had something for us to work toward ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

It’s awfully shallow, but I couldn’t care less unless it has decent rewards :P
If it doesn’t, I don’t see the point, most of us are already doing this stuff daily

PvE Month Idea

Lilith Ajit.6173

That’s a fair point. I guess I’d just like to see something more structured I can work toward. Because I’m a casual player, I can sign in a few days a week for like 45 minutes and sometimes get on for a few hours. For those 45 minutes I do struggle figuring out what to do, even though I could obviously do a few dungeons, I just get a little indecisive. I end up RPing instead.

[ARES]

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

While I love the idea, I am afraid this is extremely unlikely because without the competitive aspect, it’s just a souped up monthly.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: WikedJack.2731

WikedJack.2731

Love the idea, concept needs some help though. I would say every _ days a new pve event( event being dungeon, fractal, open world, w/e else you can come up with) is selected. During this time the rewards are X_ along with a chest at the end that has a random chance to obtain piece of gear, mini, or w/e (maybe even something out of the store). Or you could add a timer that increases the rewards the faster you finish. I’ve got other ideas as well.

(edited by WikedJack.2731)

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

While I love the idea, I am afraid this is extremely unlikely because without the competitive aspect, it’s just a souped up monthly.

Exactly but that’s why I think it’d be cool. Right now we’re on break in the LS, this would be a perfect time to have something like this. “we’re on break from the LS, but while that’s happening here’s some extra incentive to go and play things you might otherwise not. Have fun everyone!”

PvE Month Idea

Silberfisch.3046

Exactly but that’s why I think it’d be cool. Right now we’re on break in the LS, this would be a perfect time to have something like this. “we’re on break from the LS, but while that’s happening here’s some extra incentive to go and play things you might otherwise not. Have fun everyone!”

And on a second thought (painting rooms leaves time to think), the new concept for the Season 3 in WvW actually also sounds like a souped up monthly/weekly, truth be told.

PvE Month Idea

Lilith Ajit.6173

And on a second thought (painting rooms leaves time to think), the new concept for the Season 3 in WvW actually also sounds like a souped up monthly/weekly, truth be told.

That’s what made me think of it.

[ARES]

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: WikedJack.2731

WikedJack.2731

Were the paint fumes getting to ya there Silberfisch

PvE Month Idea

Silberfisch.3046

Actually the solvents in the paint I have here are pretty harmless. But the mildew repellent used below the paint for the bathroom, that stuff is evil.

PvE Month Idea

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Good idea, Lilith. Not much else to say other than I like it!