PvE guilds

PvE guilds

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Hey peeps,

A Semi hardcore PvE guild is hard to find. More than eight months looking for. Most do not want any Mesmer – Necro player. No idea why, Necro I can understand but Mesmer. For a PvE guild, here is a very experienced Mesmer player . 2408 total hours played. Necro 700 hours.

Far shiverpeaks Europa is my home server

(edited by Offerande.5240)

PvE guilds

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Mesmer has very niche uses in daily dungeon tours that are not really ‘necessary’ for just casual daily dungeon tours where timing isn’t necessarily an issue.

Necromancer is obviously just completely non optimal for dungeons and doesn’t bring any useful utility to a party at this current stage.

Maybe you should consider creating an alt that is favored for dungeon running such as an Elementalist, Guardian, Thief, Warrior or Engineer. I don’t necessarily think it is the fact that you have a Mesmer main as it can be and often is an extremely crucial asset to the party when attempting records when played efficiently as it offers unique/niche utility – I think it is the fact that you do not have any other classes that are beneficial for dungeon which is limiting you.

Most PvE guilds prefer that you’re able to take on different roles in dungeons and play different classes based upon the scenario if required. It is often an indication of skill level and knowledge that you’re able to play multiple classes effectively rather than just being limited to one arguably in this case – situational class.

[GAMW]

(edited by OJM.5103)

PvE guilds

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Play correctly in dungeons (see my reply in your other thread about not ruining stacking) and then after you actually played properly ask the other players about their guilds and see if they would be the kind of guild you’d like.

I main necro and I’ve had people ask me to join their guild because I’m really good. Really doesn’t matter which class you play or what’s supposedly optimal. You have to play well and sometimes people will be impressed.

Although it would be useful to have a warrior as an alt. You should make one.

PvE guilds

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

You should not give a kitten about playing necromancer in daily runs, the time completing a dungeon is only marginally affected as long as the basic things are covered (ice bows, war, some reflects). Another thing if you aim for records, but there mesmers are really desired

PvE guilds

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Mesmer is really good in TA Aetherpath, especially with selling the achievements and interrupting the final boss (it puts his massive slam into a bigger cool down and makes it way easier to melee).

PvE guilds

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Mesmer is really good in TA Aetherpath, especially with selling the achievements

Because selling achievements has so much to do with hardcore PvE guilds.
I always stop mid-run to sell achievements #metatactics
I’m sure guilds are always on the search for top class mesmers that are able to sell achievements

PvE guilds

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Mesmer doesn’t really have a good place in casual speedruns. If reflects are needed, guard is almost always the preferred choice.

PvE guilds

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I was under impression that you have a good chance to find a duo partner for selling dungeons in a hardcore PvE guild. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe it was just a thing with selling Arah a year ago. Oh wait…

@frifox: look at u ;o

PvE guilds

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

also, mesmer used to be the class that provide quickness to the group. however, now a couple of guardian can do the job just fine with “Feel My Wrath!” . imagine 5 traited guardians. yeah, perma superspeed. hence, leading to the scenario “who needs a mesmer?”.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

PvE guilds

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

Guard in daily dungeon, fotm runs is not better than Mesmer in my opinion. While I’d take Mesmer over it any day, some people prefer to take Guard since it offers a more relaxed run for everyone.

And as OJM already said, most hardcore PvE guilds require at least 2 fully geared, mastered professions which are used in pve content. I strongly encourage you to make another profession, be it ele/thief/guard and enjoy what the class offers (they’r all fun and slight difference in roles). The idea of multi-classing brings a few things to the table.

1. You can form tour parties really fast, since everyone has the chance to reroll to 2-3 professions.
2. More important than anything, you understand what other classes have to do and what you have to do to help them out with it (for example if you know boss will CC at the start, as a mes/guard pop stability so your ele’s can pop lightning storm, icebows etc etc).
3. General knowledge

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

PvE guilds

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

All of the classes can have decent dps and some utility.

Any guild or group that does not try to compete on the speedrun level (talking about those who want to set records or want to compete with best/fastest groups) shouldn’t care too much about your class if you are able to pull your weight.

Like people already mentioned: join pugs, play well, impress someone even and then ask if their guild needs new members. That’s usually the easiest way to meet people. A nice person and good player on their class would still be more welcome than some jerk on a meta class not even playing well.

PvE guilds

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Unless you’re abusing portals Guardian is just better, though now most class mixtures that don’t include a Necro (for obvious reasons) are actually pretty strong as long as you don’t end up stacking mutually exclusive team buffs i.e. Spotter/EA/Banners.

Did a full CoE run a few days ago with both a guardian and mesmer and kitten still melted like butter in a hot pan and that probably goes for any dungeon.

Only hope for Necros in PvE is if Reaper’s can pull out higher DPS than an Engi which would thematically make sense but it isn’t going to happen since Anet decided to base the whole class on poorly interpreted attrition mechanics.

very special guild tag [tX]

PvE guilds

Offerande.5240

Mesmer will always compare a Guardian. Often this is completely beyond compare. DPS Mesmer whit Full Berserker and power runes, have very high DPS and speed. Incidentally, best what I have not my main. That is a Warrior, full ascended and with Legendary’s weapons. I am playing very little with it, no idea why. Thank you all for the comments. But I’m still looking for a PVE guild I am now in WvW guild, not really right for me Well fun, full PvE meta in WvW

PvE guilds

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

As mentioned before, Hardcore Dungeon groups (even semi at that point) generally require you to have proficiency with multiple toons. If you’re trying to join with your primary class being a Mesmer you’ll be competing for the same spot as a Guard on the team is why this thread is continuously bring up the comparison of the two.

As far as team comp is concerned Guards and Mesmers aren’t brought on board for their DPS; there are other classes that do that better. Both Mesmers and Guards offer defensive capabilities as well as team support. Guardians have higher defensive/support capabilities by default while Mesmers have more utility.

For most casual teams I would say a Guard is more preferred as their skills are more straight forward and intuitive to use. For high-skill/high-demand teams I would argue going with Mesmer as the class is not as straight-forward. By this I mean that skilled Mesmers are those that can make creative use of their skills (portal shenanigans being the most known creative use).

PvE guilds

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Well I don’t think it would be better to bring a mesmer instead of a guard if you don’t use portals.
Especially now Guards bring a really good amount of quickness.
Even if the mesmer got buffed on last patch, I think they’re still behind guards.

I may be wrong though, maybe mesmer can add something more, for experienced teams who don’t need aegis.

But in the end, if you want only casuals runs, a good mesmer, shouldn’t slow the team that much.

PvE guilds

Offerande.5240

Mesmer is fine, but not the best. Mesmer in my hands is the same as: suicide bomber and kill most of the party I handle a Warrior DPS/PS a lot better

PvE guilds

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Mesmer will always compare a Guardian. Often this is completely beyond compare. DPS Mesmer whit Full Berserker and power runes, have very high DPS and speed. Incidentally, best what I have not my main. That is a Warrior, full ascended and with Legendary’s weapons. I am playing very little with it, no idea why. Thank you all for the comments. But I’m still looking for a PVE guild I am now in WvW guild, not really right for me Well fun, full PvE meta in WvW

Before the patch it was extremely rare for a mesmer to out DPS a Guardian on any boss if you disregard reflect uptime, i.e. if a boss fight didn’t last any longer than something like 30 seconds and illusions weren’t killed you’d just about run equal with a Guardian’s DPS.

Essentially Guardian’s have no ramp up time where-as Mesmer’s take longer than most fights to setup all 3 illusions and they almost always are destroyed by AoE.

Without Portals and in certain cases like at Lupi a Guardian will always be better so if you don’t use portals then take a Guardian, it’s that simple.

Comparing quickness uptime, Guardian has roughly 21% Quickness uptime (traited) and Mesmer has 7% (traited).

Edit: In case I didn’t already point out that is also far less punishing now to take both a Mesmer and Guardian in a group than ever

very special guild tag [tX]

(edited by doddbox.8153)

PvE guilds

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Grrrrrrgghhhrrr.

PvE guilds

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

What is current Guardian DPS assuming 25 might, 25 vuln, fury, double banners, EA? With quickness?

edit: 14k – http://imgur.com/a/ncGxx#4

(edited by expandas.7051)

PvE guilds

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Bout treefiddy.

PvE guilds

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What is current Guardian DPS assuming 25 might, 25 vuln, fury, double banners, EA? With quickness?

Not sure if quickness is factored in, I don’t believe it is, but with that in mind these numbers probably grow a decent bit, especially burst.

Here’s the list from Dekeys/Obal
http://imgur.com/a/ncGxx#0

So you’re looking at around 13.5-14k potential for the different GS/Hammer with Mace/torch combos with Zeal/Radiance for all and Honor/Virtue swapping. So 4 different options all within that range, not bad IMO. And can hit 12k still with a more supporty Zeal/Honor/Virtue build.

Scepter on large targets bumps up to 15k.

I will note one thing he includes in these is starting with a precasted Shield of Wrath, so before each fight you swap in focus hit 5 then swap torch and go in. I’m too lazy to do that so I drop in damage

PvE guilds

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Oh man, is guardian sword really that dead now? It’s not even included in the tests?

PvE guilds

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Oh man, is guardian sword really that dead now? It’s not even included in the tests?

Yes.

Mace was only ~2% worse than Sword before hand.

And that’s with Sword having +10% damage from Powerful Blades, without Mace having effectively +10% from Symbolic Avenger, for single target scenarios (Mace was better with multiple targets, obviously), and didn’t consider the increased group scholar uptime that Mace could offer in many fights where you’d take some incidental damage almost no matter what you do (Ashym w/ the retaliation from the Squire, for example).

Sword is now deader than dead. It’s a niche weapon relegated to skips and very unlikely situations in sufficiently suboptimal groups.

PvE guilds

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

He does list GS/Sword+Torch, basically the same as the top of GS/Mace+Torch. You’re looking at a little over 1k dps difference or about 7-8% less damage.

Also something else to note is I believe these all assume 100% UC uptime, meaning a build like the hammer zeal/rad/honor may win out if you can’t keep UC up much. Likewise the Zeal/Hon/Virt hammer build is a bit misleading in that there’s very little reason to take virtues if you don’t need/want MoC in that situation.

Either way, that spreadsheet look so pretty, I want it!

PvE guilds

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Annnd guess what? I dropped the fractal sword.

Taku wtb moar spoons for moar tears

PvE guilds

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I don’t think Dekeyz assumed 100% UC uptime. She used to take 25% uptime, so I guess that she did the same thing now.

But guys. Lets keep it real. Nobody will reach that dps. Most people will get between 11k-13k dps depending their build.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD