Question about Exp Dungeon Tokens

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Forgotten Deus.1423

Forgotten Deus.1423

Q:

Lately I’ve been doing TA and CoF Exp for Tokens (Working on armor). Of course you get 60 tokens per first completion of the path. I’ve heard that you can also do another path for 60 (I thought it was 20), or do the same path on another character for 60. So can somebody clear this up for me?

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

A:

All 3 paths (or 4 depending on the dungeon) will give 60 tokens each for the FIRST RUN of the day until it resets. (resets happen at the same time as the daily reset).
Any more runs after that 60 token daily will give you 20, 10, or 5 depending on how fast you run it and how many times you do it.
All of this is per character, not account so doing, for example, path 1-3 on Crucible of Eternity on one character will give you 60 tokens each. Doing paths 1-3 on CoE yet again but on a different character will give you another 60 tokens each. Any runs after that on those 2 characters will give you 20 tokens or lower.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

You can do, say, TA paths up, f/f, and f/u on one char and get 180+ tokens. You can do TA paths up and f/f on 2 chars each and get 240+ tokens. If you repeat a path on the same char you will get 30, 20, 10, or 5 tokens, depending on the time it takes. (assuming it is before the daily reset)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Same character, different paths should give you 60 for each path per day. Repeating a path with that character will give you 20, or 10 depending on the speed of the run (think COF path 1 runners). Different character, same path will give 60 or 30, depending on the speed of your runs. I’m not sure about the exact time, but it seems to happen if I run it within about 30 min or so.

As far as I know, we have never given the exact times or rules for this diminishing returns.

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Same character, different paths should give you 60 for each path per day. Repeating a path with that character will give you 20, or 10 depending on the speed of the run (think COF path 1 runners). Different character, same path will give 60 or 30, depending on the speed of your runs. I’m not sure about the exact time, but it seems to happen if I run it within about 30 min or so.

As far as I know, we have never given the exact times or rules for this diminishing returns.

Yeah, there seems to be a bit of account DR. Say you run CoF 1, then switch to another char and run it again. You’ll probably only get 30 tokens with the second run as opposed to the 60. I remember running it 3 times, then switching to another char and getting the full 60 again, so the DR probably only starts from the first time you run it and maybe lasts 15-30 minutes. We need some people with more experience with this to better clarify how it all works to be sure.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

There’s a time constraint that I think is only really relevant in cases like cof p1. The same path run twice in the same hour is screwed by an accountwide DR, which will lessen the tokens. This has only happened to me in CoF. I have done TA up on two different characters, with ~45 mins between the end of the first run and the end of the second and got 60 tokens on each toon.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.