Question about Infusions

Question about Infusions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cletiscake.9173

cletiscake.9173

So I want to start doing Fractals, ultimately with the goal of acquiring the Legendary Back-peice. I also currently have zero AR, and i’m really confused on how to achieve the necessery AR required for high level Fractals.

I want to go infuse my gear with “Fine Infusions” so I can min/max my gear, as they provide a +5 stat boost in addition to AR. But to get a high AR, it seems that the recommended approach is to slot the +7 AR in every gear slot (not the +5 Fine Infusions), and then use +12 AR in the infusion slots.

So, my question is, are the “Fine Infusions” an oversight on Anet’s part? These things cost a lot of money, and if they aren’t the optimal way to achieve high AR rating, why haven’t they been changed to provide 5 Stats/ 7 AR to bring them in line with the newer infusions?

Or is it unnecessary to have such a high AR if i’m going for the Legendary? I’m not sure what the AR required for the Legendary is. Can anyone help me out?

Question about Infusions

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

Not really oversight when you consider you can, technically, get Agony Infusions up to +22 (each). On x2 Infused and Attuned Rings that’s 98 AR alone (with the +5 Fine Infusion of your choice per ring).

Obviously, these infusions would take a ridiculous amount of time to craft and a preposterous amount of gold to craft. So if you wanna go for Fine in all your gearset, you can its just not, like you said, “optimal”.

As for the necessity of maxing out AR, one of the achiements you need to do for this collection is beat Lvl 100 Mai Trin Challenge Mote for which you need 150 AR. Although, I’ve seen people sell this instance on LFG and advertise it as “no AR needed”.

Question about Infusions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Generally, yes, fine infusions are an oversight. They are an artifact of the previous times, when the +7 infusions didn’t exist. The fractal changes that came with HoT made them mostly obsolete for high level fractal content. Unless you’re willing to blow obscene amount of gold on getting all your 5 agony infusions up to 16, of course.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Question about Infusions

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

anet did say previously they were looking at reworking infusions a bit but had to delay it because whatever they did removed all infusions from everybody. So something’s in the works, we just don’t know what.

Question about Infusions

Posted by: cletiscake.9173

cletiscake.9173

Awesome, thanks for the info. I’ll wait to hear what solution Anet has come up with before I purchase any of the 5/5 infusions.

Question about Infusions

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

We have no idea when we will get the changes, so don’t wait on fractals indefinitely if you want to play them. And honestly I doubt the new system will accommodate the 5/5 infusions anyway.

Question about Infusions

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

We have no idea when we will get the changes, so don’t wait on fractals indefinitely if you want to play them. And honestly I doubt the new system will accommodate the 5/5 infusions anyway.

This.

If you are serious about starting fractals, start away. No matter what change arenanet implements, and whenever that might be, it will always be beneficial to have started gathering agony resistance.

Here is one setup that someone decided on going with:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3q5d0e/how_i_built_my_150_agony_resistance/ (requires a total of 8 +10 agony resistance upgrades)

It’s the second cheapest setup there is with 3x+10 + 2x+11 ( a total of 7 + 10 agony resistance upgrades needed) being the cheapest one for maximum of 150 ar. Some people go with 5x+10 leaving them 2 ar short caping at 148.

When starting off your main limitation will be available fractal relics at lower levels. Remember that you can convert pristine fractal relics into 15 normal relics. You might need to do that quite a bit initially to get your base +5 infusions on all ascended pieces. Then later upgrade those +5 infusions to +7.

Your biggest upgrade will come from getting your rings upgraded asap and sloting in the upgradable agony resistance (again, you need 52 total anyway so you might aswell buy them as soon as your rings and backpiece have the slot).

All ascended items have 1 slot for simply agony resist infusions (which are +5 ar for 75 fractal relics and upgraded +7 for a total of 150 fractal relics per infusion).

Rings and backpiece can be upgraded (rings 2 times, backpiece 1nce) to hold agony resist infusion which can be upgraded beyond +20 (since it’s exponential crafting expect prices to double per step so realistically no one goes beyond +15 if at all).

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Question about Infusions

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

I agree with the posters above, especially if you are aiming for the backpack and are starting from scratch. It’s going to take you ages so you might as well start now.

Each tier of the legendary is gated by research pages. With the fractal mastery, you can earn 2 per day, and you need 28 per tier.
You’ll also need time to accumulate the various mist essences and several thousand fractal relics for collection items, including the fractal capacitor.
And finally, you’ll need to figure out how you will get balls of dark energy, 2 for the first tier and 1 for the final step.