Question about gate controller in COF P1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

Do you absolutely need stability to take down the gate controller? I’ve always popped Balanced Stance beforehand just in case, but if the other four teammates are inside the domes, then you wouldn’t really need it, right?

Also, what would be the best rotation to take down the controller as an A/M + GS warrior running with PUGs? I personally use Rush > Pop Frenzy and Balanced Stance > Hundred Blades > Whirlwind > Swap to Axe > Tremor in melee range > Eviscerate > Auto-attack if needed. Utilities are Signet of Might, Balanced Stance, and Frenzy.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

The Godforged Hellstorm in there normally pulls you immediately, so if you used frenzy already it’s kind of wasted, if you don’t manage to dodge..as for that, I normally go (with my War) Healing Surge as soon as the gate opens, to boost my adrenaline—> Sigil of rage—>Balanced stance—>For Great Justice—>Frenzy—>Hundred Blades…with some good Bloodlust stacks on me this way I normally need just 1 100 blades and 3-4 GS autoattack hits to send it down…

\||||||/
O°v°O

Tien.3865

Oh, I always thought it was that initial fire shield around the controller that knocked you back. I guess Balanced Stance is staying on the bar. The Healing Surge tip is helpful, didn’t think of that.

Also, why FGJ? 3 stacks of might gives less power than the passive +180 power from SoM, unless I’m missing something.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Don’t start with 100b, you waste a lot of dps by walking towards the controller. Use rush first, it does quite a lot of dps and will get you there faster. Then pop all your utilities + 100b, and if the idiots you’re teamed up with used fgj on you, you should destroy it with these 2 skills.
If you manage to find pugs that buff you, please send me a screenie, I really want to see a miracle before I die.

Posted by: waxpax.6350

waxpax.6350

Balanced stance protects you from the add’s pull. Traditionally the rotation is something like signet, fgj, balanced stance, bladetrail, rush, frenzy, hb, wwa, swap to axe and evis if anything is left. It’s usually dead at the end of the gs rotation.

Tien.3865

Believe it or not, I have had a random warrior pop FGJ for me before I ran in.

But again, wouldn’t Signet of Might be better than FGJ against the gate controller?

Borlis Pass solo roamer

deSade.9437

FGJ 35×3 power (and cond.dmg but whatever), sigil 180. So technically… Ask a mathematician, I still use fingers to count.

Posted by: waxpax.6350

waxpax.6350

Believe it or not, I have had a random warrior pop FGJ for me before I ran in.

But again, wouldn’t Signet of Might be better than FGJ against the gate controller?

Classic cof money runs were 4 warriors and a mes, the 4 warriors would fgj and it was soi’d for the gater controller so you would have 25 might on the gate. Depending on what you get in a pug, you might want to vary the traditional setup.

deSade.9437

Eh yeah they’re like 6 stacks if you count the mesmer’s help… Another miracle, basically.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You want fgj because you want it for the effigy. If you can do gate without balanced stance then you can take signet of might as well as fgj. You risk getting interrupted by the firestorm by doing that though.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

May I use this tread to ask for a mesmer rotation?

As silly as it may sound, in pugs runs I end up dealing with gate controller with my mesmer.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

May I use this tread to ask for a mesmer rotation?

As silly as it may sound, in pugs runs I end up dealing with gate controller with my mesmer.

What’s your race?
Don’t know what else you could do besides berzerker/time/auto/swap/frenzy

Not sure if hounds of balthazaar, wereform, or charrzooka would do any good…

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Human.
Well, I don’t run with GS, but I drop swordsman, duelist, warp, aa and then frenzy when needed.. I take signet of inspiration for a lucky aegis and mantra of concentration for stability after frenzy. But is a bit messy all the thing.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

All depends of your build, and well mesmer are not supposed to do the gate controller XD. That said, with a build like 10/30/0/20/10 (so with empowering mantras + compounding power), I just charge 4 mantras before going in, then swordman phantasm / warden / sword #3 to close the gap, then sword #2, auto attack and shatter when u’re sure the shatter will destroy the controller.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

If you manage to find pugs that buff you, please send me a screenie, I really want to see a miracle before I die.

I stand by the gate on my mesmer and call dibs on the closest brazier. I stand waiting to pop SOI, hoping some guard uses empower or some random war uses FGJ. Most the time I just get a “Get to your position” in party chat, oh well. Either that or “lol, you wanna do controller?”

If you can aim whirlwind correctly, you can get it so you’re stopped by the controller and all hits land. If you aim too far to the side, you slide off and waste a bunch of time. Your call

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

be optimal and use PVT gear, you can’t crit or apply conditions to most objects…

(?)

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

be optimal and use PVT gear

-no one ever

Mesket.5728

be optimal and use PVT gear

-no one ever

quote the whole thing… this is the worst case of getting out of context since Monica Lewinsky was caught tying Bill’s shoelaces under his desk!

Posted by: Houk.6417

Houk.6417

be optimal and use PVT gear, you can’t crit or apply conditions to most objects…

(?)

Eh. Zerker offers the same amount of power, so unless you’re telling me you need the extra hp/armor to survive long enough to break gate controller…

Mesket.5728

(?)

Eh. Zerker offers the same amount of power, so unless you’re telling me you need the extra hp/armor to survive long enough to break gate controller…

well, you have a heavy mofo shoting flames at your face and every dodge you make, you are being sub-optimal to your counter PVT who doesnt need to dodge so…

wanna break objects? be optimal and choose pvt.