Question about picking ascended weapon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: shadowlordxx.8391

shadowlordxx.8391

Hello everyone. So, I am a Thief main and fractals are the main thing I do in Guild Wars 2. Thanks to the Super Adventure Box I’ll be getting my first Ascended weapon and I had a question before picking my weapon.

I am a thief main but I have also leveled and geared up a revenant. I’m still working on finishing the Herald tree, but should I choose an ascended sword for my revenant or a staff for my thief?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’d choose a staff. Swords are cheaper and easier to craft.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Staff is two handed so if you’re planning on crafting a sword latter anyway you save more getting the staff.
Plus your thief will be jealous if you give the newcomer a shiny new ascended weapon before them. :P

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Definitely staff.

Staff costs more materials to craft and it’s in a more obscure crafting school. I don’t think thieves or revs use any other weapons from Artifice, while all other Rev and half the other Thief weapons use Weaponsmithing.

Staff is a better Revenant weapon than Sword is a better Thief weapon.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Staff is better than sword for thief PvE DPS in raids.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Staves are used by more classes, as well, I have 4 ascended staves and still want some more.

It’s worth noting that the elite spec collections are good ways to get cheap ascended items as well (you can get 2 staves by completing the druid and thief collections), but you’ll have to farm a fair bit for them, but I enjoy it.

[EG] is recruiting!