Question on Arah Solo

Question on Arah Solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Absolute Ze Woah.1074

Absolute Ze Woah.1074

Q:

Just a quick question here- I’m interested in trying to solo Arah. What is the easiest/best path to solo and what class should I use?

Also any good vids online that I can watch/learn?

(edited by Absolute Ze Woah.1074)

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

P2, soloable with basically anyone?

P1 is also doable but you need to buy Tar help.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

P3 is also soloable by whatever classes able to do the orb-running part. Not sure if that changed for some with the recent trait rework, but it’s still perfectly doable on a Guardian.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Warrior is generally the easiest class to solo things on because of the big hp pool and decent damage, but if you’re good at it ele is a lot faster.
As for path, I would say P2, but P3 isn’t that hard either

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

path one:
need at least 4 people for Shoggoth, but otherwise soloable.
any class except necromancer.

Path 2:
soloable on any class except necromancer.

Path 3:
the orbs are the hard part for this one. I am currently unaware since the trait change which classes can do them solo. beyond that any class except Necro can do it.

Path 4:
Orbs and the risen priestess Simmin are what is tricky here. I dont know if Simin can be done solo with certain classes now or not. but the Orbs rule is the same. and the rest of the path can be done on all except necro.

the thing with NEcromancer is that with the currently “bugged” (or not) Lupi Auto attack, Necro cannot do that fight, barring tanking up. so if you want to pack a dire gear set or something just for that fight it might work. Of course i could be wrong but I have not personaly gotten around to trying and i dont know if Spoj or Subli have either.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Path 3:
the orbs are the hard part for this one. I am currently unaware since the trait change which classes can do them solo. beyond that any class except Necro can do it.

Engi, mesmer, thief, elementalist and warrior (with clerics gear) are the only classes that can do it right now as far as I know

Question on Arah Solo

Esplen.3940

You can do P2 on a Necro bar Alphard. Alphard might be do-able, particularly with the new traits, but the execution will be very difficult. Every other fight in P2 (and run segment) is soloable on a Necro.

I’ve done Belka, Abomination, and even Brie on my Necro solo. Lupicus I have yet to legitimately solo (I’ve had runs where my duo partner dies within the first 10% and then I finish the rest, but I’ve never fully soloed). Brie is a bit tedious, but pretend you’re selling the path and just clear RIsen waves before killing her in Phase 2. You’ll be safe, just make sure to tag every mob before they get to the Terminal use Plague or Lich to get Stability and tag/hurt lots of mobs. Make sure to leave Grubs alive since they don’t hurt the terminal, distract the Technicians, and allow easy Rallies.

I’ve duo’ed P2 with my Necro (Assassin Power build, using my Mes ascended gear) and a Warrior friend. For Alphard, I had my friend body block the projectiles for the most part (because I’m mean like that). Other than that, I’ve soloed Brie, Abom, and Belka by myself successfully (on a Necro).

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

You can do P2 on a Necro bar Alphard. Alphard might be do-able, particularly with the new traits, but the execution will be very difficult.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

P2 is the most solo friendly, P1 can’t be fully soloed and P3/4 both have the Orb running passage along with the fact P4 is incredibly long winded with excruciating boss mechanics.

If you haven’t already, buy an Executioner’s Toy Axe when it’s next on the gem store, it has the only rush skill left that wasn’t nerfed and it allows Warriors and Guardians to solo orb quite easily.

very special guild tag [tX]

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Offerande.5240

Offerande.5240

Certainly great fun Solo Arah 1 or 2. it is certainly not easy. Have no idea how you will be able to doing it. Take Warrior or thief, looks the most easy

Question on Arah Solo

Esplen.3940

Certainly great fun Solo Arah 1 or 2. it is certainly not easy. Have no idea how you will be able to doing it. Take Warrior or thief, looks the most easy

Thief is very unforgiving. If you make one mistake you go down.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

26:40

You can use the pillar on the right side as you enter alphards arena to continuously LoS her, should mitigate most of the damage, and it can’t be destroyed randomly like the boxes.

Question on Arah Solo

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You can use the pillar on the right side as you enter alphards arena to continuously LoS her, should mitigate most of the damage, and it can’t be destroyed randomly like the boxes.

Eh, there’s nothing random about the boxes being destroyed. They get blown up in a specific order, each one after she daggerstorms. She also daggerstorms every 40 seconds if I’m not mistaken, so it’s for the most part a DPS test to kill her before all the barricades are destroyed.

I usually advise against using that one spot in the video because it’s way worse DPS than on the barricades due to the fact that it’s a pretty large object that obstructs your attacks and view easily. It’s pretty safe, but at a pretty huge expense :\

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)