Questions about Deimos Hand kiting

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Is the damage dealt by the hands an attack of deimos or are they counted as individual npcs?
I want to know if the elementalist earth trait Geomancer’s Defense helps with them or not.

Do the attacks trigger blocks?
I’ve heard that they do not, but seen videos which show multiple blocks popping up, which would make the earth shield block (only 1 attack) risky.

Is it better to go earth/water/tempest (gaining prot with every aura+maybe lesser damge due to trait) or arcane/water/tempest (faster recharge on overload water/arcane shield)?

Which damage reduction effects stack? Prot/Frost Aura/Trait/Food?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

All damage reduction stacks multiplicative, not additive (since they fixed dwarf’s bug).

I can’t answer the rest as i haven’t kited for demos yet.

Posted by: maxinox.6283

maxinox.6283

Do the attacks trigger blocks?
Yup!
I’m currently kiting with a minstrel guard (defender rune) for fun.
-Toughness 2000
-Prot 60%
hands damage on my last deimos fight yesterday night:
-Min 1032
-Avg 1388
-Max 2749
-Hits 252
-Damage 349758

One hand tick trigger my block from my mace and you can see many videos from youtube tempest magi kiting takes 2300 average damage without prot and less with.

Domina Sky / Ranger
Domin Undead / Necromancer
Jade Sea[FR]

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I haven’t kite but my husband does with his rev ..
I tried with my ele lol but didn’t do much bcos rev kiter are so much more easier than ele. Btw.. the hands triggers arcane shield so you do need to time it. The pulses of hands are I think 5 hands? Rev can overlap stack it on top of each other while getting heal from damage by hands but with eles stacking hands on top of another hands can hurt a bit but possible. Guardian kite is good too. I think rev kiter has easiest life and can solo with not much assistance from healer. The only time they might need help is 5sec after shield attack.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

You can overlap fields pretty easy with rev. All you need is a free block (e.g. staff 3) or some energy to heal through. However you should not waste the glint heal to just stack things if you don’t desperatly need it anyway as its your backup if you miss shield 5 on deimos’ aoe for whatever reason.
A rev doesn’t even need heal for the debuff as he has either glint heal (if not wasted) as backup or enough energy to spam heal with ventari.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I believe the hands do count as Deimos hitting you. My evidence is that retaliation will hit Deimos when you get hit with hands.