Questions about the new fractals system

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Q:

Hello, I think this question may only be answered by staff but still.
I’ve read the page on changes that will be brought to fractals and 2 questions came to mind :

1) If somebody ragequits, is kicked for leeching or being agressive or useless, can we invite a new player and this player can join, REGARDLESS the map (if it’s the 1st, 2d, 3rd or 4th that is)

2) If answer to #1 is yes, what will we have as warrants, protections from abusive behaviour ?
I mean for instance, leader starts instance with 2 guild mates and 2 pugs.
At the end, he kicks the 2 pugs to invite guildmates so that they get the reward, the lv completion, and the pugs are kittened ….
Anything to prevent that from happening ?

KratosAngel.7289

Bump this. I know players probably cannot know about this but still need an answer from staff.
I guess and hope that request #1 is planned, otherwise it would be bad
The most problematic is #2 as a system cannot fully prevent it I guess.

KratosAngel.7289

Bump again. I know I’m boring but I would like to have my questions asked and I think many people would also like to know.

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

You will have to just wait and see…

KratosAngel.7289

I guess so … I hope those questions have been thought of, otherwise, many players will be kitten off by a long wait for a flawed system … :/

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Just lost another hour because I dced at the third fractal just before the Jade Maw. And now I only have roughly 40 minutes to start a new run for the daily.
SCREW THIS kitten.

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

My thought to prevent this is to never join a party for a long dungeon with more than 2 members of the same guild in it unless of course it’s your own guild or you have played with them before and know them well. It’s not fail proof but does minimize the risk. I’d rather be safe than sorry. Another option is to make sure you are party leader. If they kick you it’s over and out.

Posted by: Greekman.7215

Greekman.7215

This system is already in place for dungeons and in almost every other game. It does happen there but it’s super rare. I understand it’s annoying but the alternative is having everyone get nothing.

In all honesty… stop worrying about it. It might happen to you but chances are it never will. Besides, if it does you can always report it. These things have been known to cause bans.

KratosAngel.7289

Actually, I’m more worried about the #1 : did they think about going back again, regardless the map, even if it changed since the disconnection. Also if someone else can join : sometimes, people just leave without a word, or you have to kick leechers.
As for the #2, it was more about curiosity. As you say, I often make sure I’m the leader not to have this problem.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just lost another hour because I dced at the third fractal just before the Jade Maw. And now I only have roughly 40 minutes to start a new run for the daily.
SCREW THIS kitten.

Just imagined how thrilled the other four people were to get hooked up with someone who for whatever reason DCs on them.

Had a person just mysteriously evaporate at the start of the third fractal in an odd numbered difficulty where everyone was looking for advancement of their cap just today. Thankfully the other three took direction really well and we were able to do the entire moles fractal with just four people. Stupid mining suit took a sizable fraction of forever, but we got it done and can move on.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

1) If somebody ragequits, is kicked for leeching or being agressive or useless, can we invite a new player and this player can join, REGARDLESS the map (if it’s the 1st, 2d, 3rd or 4th that is)

Given the potential for rampant abuse and because everything they’ve hinted at revolves around helping the same person get back in when a connection goes fubar, I really expect the answer to be “No”.

2) If answer to #1 is yes, what will we have as warrants, protections from abusive behaviour ?

Kinda answered your own question: why open that can of worms in the first place when they can leave things as they are?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

KratosAngel.7289

Well I see your point. However, if it’s not possible, the system will still be seriously flawed.
Just think about it. Fractal 2d map, player X disconnects. Meanwhile, group beats the boss. Now, 2 choices :
1) they all chose yes and they go to next map, player X is kittened, group is kittened
2) they choose to wait for player X and wait before chosing. Player X comes back, they tick yes, but as player X was not here when boss died, he was not asked anything : big bug happens, either group goes with only 4 on next map and player X is kicked or whole party is kicked.

Seriously, that cannot be and it’s very important that they tackle this.

Posted by: FaceYourFear.6902

FaceYourFear.6902

Think I said this in my earlier posts, so yeah. Very frustrating.