Quickplay Matchmaking for LFG

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Could a quickplay option be added to LFG as a quality of life thing for people who don’t care what their party is?
It’d be similar to ones in other games like Overwatch and follow similar rules, like no being able to kick players, but being able to report them if they’re blatantly trolling or engaging in toxic behavior.
To be clear, it’d be an additional option to the current lfg as a quality of life for those that just want a casual run.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Casual run of what, where would this aply, how would this be any diff from just saying arah p X or t4 fractals or vg run or w/e. Is this only asked because of the “not able to kick others” suggestion u make at some point in your post?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Casual run of what, where would this aply, how would this be any diff from just saying arah p X or t4 fractals or vg run or w/e. Is this only asked because of the “not able to kick others” suggestion u make at some point in your post?

Pretty sure it’s the equivalent of the WoW dungeon queue (or whatever FFXIV call their equivalent): press button, say “I’m a DPS”, and the game auto-matches you with a group and ports you into the instance.

Presumably without the painfully long queues full of DPS waiting on tanks and healers, because we don’t have them.

…I wouldn’t object, honestly. For instanced content, at least, I treat it more or less as that system: find first group, click go, hope for the best — at least on daily dungeon days.

I’d also be happy if it made it easier to get a group for them without having to think so much about it.

zealex.9410

Pretty sure it’s the equivalent of the WoW dungeon queue (or whatever FFXIV call their equivalent): press button, say “I’m a DPS”, and the game auto-matches you with a group and ports you into the instance.

Presumably without the painfully long queues full of DPS waiting on tanks and healers, because we don’t have them.

…I wouldn’t object, honestly. For instanced content, at least, I treat it more or less as that system: find first group, click go, hope for the best — at least on daily dungeon days.

I’d also be happy if it made it easier to get a group for them without having to think so much about it.

but yeah you can do that now you start a group and add " fractals t4 or dungeons ac path x or w/e" and whoever wants joins.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

yeh true but nothin to prevent urself from a hostile takeover and say getting ousted from grp, forget if it even ur group (as starter). I know u gotta tag up but i mean cmon, i didnt like splurging 300g just for self defense and noone else should either.

just imagine ths scenario, i had it happen rarely but def more then once: you make grp then go afk while u wait forever, at 6/10 slots filled someone with bad attitude who knows u or feels need to judge u for some reason, insta kick u soon as he see ur name from previous incident or another (who knows). When u come back from afk, u realise u been kick from ur own group. and other guy now change lfg description to 400+ li or somthin and he say to u, ping thsi much li or i’m not lettin u rejoin if not, come what may.

whats a casual and/or semi-casual to do with contagious attitudes liek these (in hypothetical cases ofc) ?

Arun Kar

zealex.9410

In games like wow where theres a que system for isntanced pve content u still can get kicked for w/e reason. And how that system fights trolls and throwers? I mean sure report them but that takes time to give timeouts or bans, time you spend wiping or w/e coz of that pleb.