Quit Exploiting Fractals

Quit Exploiting Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kishandreth.2798

Kishandreth.2798

Seriously guys! I cant seem to find a group where people aren’t pushing for abusing the glitches. I, for one, want to experience the content as it was intended. (Would list the exploits I know about, but I don’t want to propagate the problem.)

I hope they come down hard on people for these abuses.

Who else is willing to say that they’ll play the dungeons as intended?

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Ill play the game as “intended” when they fix all the bugs stopping people from completing dungeons and wasting our time “cough” Arah “Cough”.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

People wouldn’t exploit FotM that mutch if it wasn’t the worst grind they have seen in a long time. The design of some fractals is greate, but the grind behind the whole dungeon is just stupid and therefore the biggest incentive to exploit whenever possible.

Arena Net is to blame for that, not the players, they are just acting in “self defense”.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Mind if i ask you what level are you? Your answer will tell a lot.
Approaching lv40+, i doubt you will still post this kind of thread, hoping to find a way to survive.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

People wouldn’t exploit FotM that mutch if it wasn’t the worst grind they have seen in a long time. The design of some fractals is greate, but the grind behind the whole dungeon is just stupid and therefore the biggest incentive to exploit whenever possible.

Arena Net is to blame for that, not the players, they are just acting in “self defense”.

QFT.

This is a buggy POS design – just got kicked to Lion’s Arch from a FotM 10 fighting Jade because someone fell through the world and during the fight decided to leave.

Apparently they were the group leader.

I love wasting an hour or so due to a bug/awful design.

I love completing level 10 8.99 times and still not having an Ascended ring.

Seriously, it’s awesome, yeah?

I so want to spend MORE time fighting trash mobs.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I’ll stop exploiting when you get rid of the stupid RNG and fix it so we can get back in after disconnect.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Kishandreth.2798

o.O you guys seriously hate the game this much? Here’s an idea, “If you’re not having fun, find something else to do.”

The players are to blame, its your choice to abuse the glitches. Arenanet has said, if you find a bug, then report it. Do not exploit it. I have a strange feeling/hope that they’ll drop the hammer. Karma vendor 2.0 anyone?

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Puandro.3245

o.O you guys seriously hate the game this much? Here’s an idea, “If you’re not having fun, find something else to do.”

The players are to blame, its your choice to abuse the glitches. Arenanet has said, if you find a bug, then report it. Do not exploit it. I have a strange feeling/hope that they’ll drop the hammer. Karma vendor 2.0 anyone?

Yup they are totally going to ban people who freaking exploited fractals to skip 2-3 mins of content. Get over yourself.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

The players are to blame, its your choice to abuse the glitches.

It’s Anet’s fault for not testing content. They’re not glitches. It’s clever use of game mechanics.

That is all.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

It’s Anet’s fault for not testing content. They’re not glitches. It’s clever use of game mechanics.

That is all.

That. Plus as many others have said before, I’ll stop skipping content when I know that I’m not on the clock, because ONE DC, one minor disruption of service, costs me well over an hour and as a mainly casual player during the week with job and all I can’t allow myself to lose that time for nothing. And we all know how easy it is to lose a service for just half a second and that’s exactly the time you need to get a DC.
Mods, keep merging those posts, but until this problem is fixed, they WILL keep popping. People already agreed with your half-thought, rushed ascended fiasco. At least fix their dungeon on “wintersday”.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

That is all.

Porting through doors isn’t ‘game mechanics’. If you don’t like the word ‘exploiting’, here’s better – bugusing.
Skipping mobs in Jade level is using the game mechanics, even as it was thought through that way. Porting through doors or stucking the Mossman is bugusing.

The saddest part is that you can say whatever you want – ’we’re just using the given tools’ (so it was fair to exploit orbs in W3? forge cheap karma weapons?) – but you won’t admit it’s just pathetic bugusing. By all means – feel free to go down that route, but please have enough dignity to admit what you’re doing.

Using bugs in Fractals is not needed to progress. No bugs, except for the crashes/dcs (which, still, are on our side or somewhere on the way – no way to reconnect is a hole in the design, but not ‘bug’), block your progress.

If you feel the need to get an ascended ring, well, i guess it’s what drives you.
Newsflash: you do not need ascended stuff, not to mention infusions, anywhere else but in FotM now. The difference in stats is neglible – if you were dying in W3, you will keep dying in W3; if you couldn’t win 1v1, you still won’t; if you had troubles in dungeons, ascended jewelry won’t help you. The only place that ‘needs’ ascended jewelry with infusions is FotM themselves.
But then you say FotM is grind, it’s not fun, unrewarding and you do it because… what? If it’s not fun, don’t do it. Grinding it won’t help you progress anywhere else but FotM. Not grinding it won’t block you from playing other content.

The ascended stuff and the infusion mechanic is obviously a way to ‘reward’ and give additional incentive to those who already would play FotM all the time, because they find it fun, even with no rewards whatsoever – but pink rings and some extra mechanic add depth to the sense of progression, not the other way around.
It’s not there to grind it even if you don’t find it fun – it’s there to give an additional ‘something’ to those who do play it and advance in levels. This is where it’s different from other dungeons which we got used to farm for exotic equipment.

If you don’t find FotM fun and you feel it’s a painful grind, don’t do it.
If you feel you must be the cool kid on the block and show off your pink ring to everyone you meet and show it to every tree in Kessex Hills, given its neglible difference in stats to exotics, is something on your end, not a faulty design.
If you find FotM fun and enjoyable, regardless of rewards, you will sooner or later be rewarded with rings, just to keep you in the system.

But you people obviously haven’t seen ‘grind’ yet, in the old days of all those Asian MMOs where you had to kill 2000 monsters of the same type to progress at all, with other players stealing them in the meantime. Here at least you have the freedom to do something else with no punishment in other formats.

Yet you prefer to exploit bugs, to ‘save time and nerves from all the grind’.
If something’s not on a silver plate, it doesn’t mean it’s grind.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

If players would get rewarded better from actually playing it properly rather than using exploits than they wouldn’t exploit at all. It’s impossible to fix every single bug, at least for Anet, but they don’t realize they don’t have to. It’s all about getting the players to have a different mindset, and I really hope that they’ll figure that out one day.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Iehova.9518

No one gives a kitten about other MMOs or how ‘grindy’ they are. We care about the state of GW2 here, otherwise we wouldn’t be playing it already.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Kishandreth.2798

Wall of pure awesomeness

You said it better then I could have. I was just coming back here to say how disheartened I was, that not a single person in the thread would not use the exploits. You just made my night better.

I run FOTM because I like the challenge, people who cant handle it should be culled from the progressing pack, not allowed to carry on because they found a way that completely mitigates the fight/progression.

I mainly started this thread because the group I found myself in acted like I was an idiot for running in and playing the level like it was meant, leading to a threat of being kicked if I didn’t do exactly as I was told. I hadn’t realized the glitches/bugs/exploits were so well known that its expected. Its sickening, I’d rather they reset FOTM levels, shut it down until things are fixed, then allow it to continue as it is.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

If players would get rewarded better from actually playing it properly rather than using exploits than they wouldn’t exploit at all. It’s impossible to fix every single bug, at least for Anet, but they don’t realize they don’t have to. It’s all about getting the players to have a different mindset, and I really hope that they’ll figure that out one day.

But the rewards are enough already. Look how popular FotM are. People come to forum to whine about bugs, dcs, rng, not enough rewards and stuff, but then they alttab back to game and go for another round of FotM. If someone’s done ‘20 dailies and still no ring’, they would given up around 5th if the ‘grind’ associated was really painful for them.
Instead, people are like skritt – skritt kills ten rats, skritt wants shinies!

No one gives a kitten about other MMOs or how ‘grindy’ they are. We care about the state of GW2 here, otherwise we wouldn’t be playing it already.

Again – if you find something grindy, don’t do it.
I never cared for grinding events in Orr, felt too repetitive and just boring – never done it, despite some nice gold income before dungeon drop buff. I never felt i have to do it and i have to be rewarded just as much as the next guy who got three rares during one defense event while i got only blues. I just started doing stuff i enjoy, with rewards coming next, by the way – not being the driving force of playing, because if all you see in wasting X hours a day for a game is more/different pixels, something sounds wrong.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

honestly some of the exploits are cool and remind of things like phantasy star online challenge mode. Some are cheesy, but i hope in the future fractal design, they actually design some hidden shortcuts, and other possible paths, or differing behavior on bosses. These type of things are actually semi fun.

like for example, if for the collussus boss, you could beat him the normal way, or you could stagger him, hit the thingy normally, but then throw in a new more exciting more kitten less rinse and repeat shorter but more difficult fight for the last 25%

or you cut through the the dredge door part by finding that secret path, but it triggers a timed bomb that blows up if you dont open the door in a certain time.

some of these side paths and errant behaviors could have actually been cool level mechanics if somewhat tweaked.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: chrisdeans.2739

chrisdeans.2739

Anet is pupming out content that doesnt make sense and only adds bugs to a humongous pile of bugs.

Until the bugs are fixed I will never from when someone uses an exploit

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Puandro.3245

Wall of pure awesomeness

You said it better then I could have. I was just coming back here to say how disheartened I was, that not a single person in the thread would not use the exploits. You just made my night better.

I run FOTM because I like the challenge, people who cant handle it should be culled from the progressing pack, not allowed to carry on because they found a way that completely mitigates the fight/progression.

I mainly started this thread because the group I found myself in acted like I was an idiot for running in and playing the level like it was meant, leading to a threat of being kicked if I didn’t do exactly as I was told. I hadn’t realized the glitches/bugs/exploits were so well known that its expected. Its sickening, I’d rather they reset FOTM levels, shut it down until things are fixed, then allow it to continue as it is.

The only “Challenge” in FoTM is trying to get rings for everyone in your group. If you really think FoTM is hard or any dungeon is hard then you are not very good.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

The issue here is the whole design of the instance. Im guessing you are rather low level in fractal difficulty, you will learn the error of your ways young grass hopper, it’s new and shiney to you at the moment and you have not realised the mundane and boring grindfest that it really is.

Challenge is NOT the encounters at the moment, the challenge is completing it before something goes wrong before your time runs out.

Time is the resource you use in FOTM, at somepoint someone will crash or dc at which point (at higher levels) all the time you spent will be completely wasted.

Time waiting to get a group spamming LFG in different overflows and on www.gw2lfg.com because ANET has the biggest POS system in place for actually finding a PUG – you better wish you had a fixed guild team to avoid this.

Time wasted trawling thru trash mobs, which are exactly that – trash mobs, ie objects put in the way to limit the speed of which you an do an instance. Yet currently these huge time sinks are already in place in different ways.

Time wasted hoping you get a randomly generated item instead of tokens like every other dungeon, talk about a step backwards in design concept.

People will continue to do this until the whole system is fixed, in fact it’s passed the point now, even if it is fixed people will still do it because like Pavlovs dogs it’s been ingrained into us.

Maybe hours repeatedly wasted every run that doesnt complete isnt a big deal to you but to others it is, try doing the instance with a lit stick of dynamite to get a sense of the need to complete it quickly, then come back here when you have completed even as low as difficulty lvl20+ and dare to say the same thing. Otherwise I would suggest you GTFO your pedestal immediately.

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

After your 50th fractal run there isnt much stopping to smell the roses on the same 6 or so different fractal types.

Course if its a big deal just sit and wait for those that want to take things slow and skip those willing to invite you.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Halagaz.6085

Halagaz.6085

Ye i agree with this post, especially when it is totally counter productive, like people bugging the ettin boss and make the fight 10 time harder to finish without bugging it, i mean what use for this kind of stuff? as if bugging a game was something so cool to do…

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Seriously, quit whining. All dungeons were and some still bugged and “expoitable”. There are those that like to watch the cut scenes after the 50th run, I ain’t got time for that. Go make friends and put them through the same thing over and over again. In the end even the so called ‘bugusing’ or ‘exploiting’ is giving you nothing more than 5-10 min headstart. In the end if you’re weak, the boss or the dungeon mechanic will kill you off.

Now I see you all speak as some kind of “higher” beings for doing the fractals as inteded not even skipping cutscenes and trash, but I really do hope all of you get DC on the jade maw 3 times in a row at stage 20, then you will see how your opinion changes and you just emoquit posting in this topic because it would be embarassing for you to take U-turn in the same thread, so yeah, keep your opinions for yourself

You have a solution for such groups by standing afk aside? Well newsflash … the group has solution for you too. I would love leaving a person like you splat dead not even ressurecting you for the chest which you all crave so much.

And just FYI, by ‘speed running’ we screw ourselves. If you haven’t noticed, the so called ‘trash’ drops far more rares/exotics than the chests but we don’t care. We are not doing it for the drops anyway.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Every person who is using exploits to beat dungeons are just bad players. I am sitting at 19 and have never exploited a single time. Know why? Because I take enjoyment out of knowing I actually earned my dungeon master title the right way. I take enjoyment knowing that loot isnt the main focus of my playtime. I take enjoyment knowing that while others are exploiting a boss or area, i and my group are good enough to beat it right. We are good players.

People who think its ok to exploit the fractals or any dungeons are just like the PvPers who think exploits are a good thing when killing other people. There is no difference. Your an exploiter and you deserve to be banned.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Seriously guys! I cant seem to find a group where people aren’t pushing for abusing the glitches. I, for one, want to experience the content as it was intended. (Would list the exploits I know about, but I don’t want to propagate the problem.)

I hope they come down hard on people for these abuses.

Who else is willing to say that they’ll play the dungeons as intended?

Perhaps you can look at it in a different perspective.

Arenanet designed a system that gates the player from progressing not because of lack of skill but rather lack of luck. It’s well known that the skinner box of random reward schedules is an effective way to extend the life of content.

The community undertsands the skinner box as an exploitation mechanism. If the community thinks the system is exploiting them; it shouldn’t come as a surprise to see the players exploit the system.

(edited by Calae.1738)

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Rezz.8019

Every person who is using exploits to beat dungeons are just bad players. I am sitting at 19 and have never exploited a single time. Know why? Because I take enjoyment out of knowing I actually earned my dungeon master title the right way. I take enjoyment knowing that loot isnt the main focus of my playtime. I take enjoyment knowing that while others are exploiting a boss or area, i and my group are good enough to beat it right. We are good players.

People who think its ok to exploit the fractals or any dungeons are just like the PvPers who think exploits are a good thing when killing other people. There is no difference. Your an exploiter and you deserve to be banned.

Actually.. NO
“Exploiting” has nothing to do with player skills. Also there are different categories of exploiting. The one we’re talking about here in fractals is simply skipping some smaller parts of the dungeons to make endless level grind less boring and repetitive. Also, time is very important as reconnecting is not available. I don’t think it can even be called exploiting, as it doesn’t harm anyone in any way, it actually doesn’t give any advantage over the other players, as the “exploits” are minimum.
The bad type of exploit would be duping items (I saw someone pinging a stack of coagulated essence few days ago) or anything similar that would give you the advantage over the other players.
Back to your post, I saw many good players “exploiting” these fractals bugs. And you know why they do it? Because they’re good, because they’re elite and they don’t want to put with the same pile of —-- that takes way too much time. But they do want to advance and get to hard levels (19 is just a silly level, you don’t even need an infusion to get there). Of course there are unskilled players who will “exploit” but point is: not being able to read Anet’s mind and know their rules has nothing to do with the player skills.
I personally wouldn’t mind skipping a really annoying group of mobs if I repeated it over 50 times, because I know I would be able to do it proper way, as I did it tons of times already. It just takes too much time, it’s pointless grinding. However, I would mind getting any advantage from doing similar things, I wouldn’t go get any extra items or gold or ranks or anything, I just want things to be fair

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

That is all.

That. Plus as many others have said before, I’ll stop skipping content when I know that I’m not on the clock, because ONE DC, one minor disruption of service, costs me well over an hour and as a mainly casual player during the week with job and all I can’t allow myself to lose that time for nothing. And we all know how easy it is to lose a service for just half a second and that’s exactly the time you need to get a DC.
Mods, keep merging those posts, but until this problem is fixed, they WILL keep popping. People already agreed with your half-thought, rushed ascended fiasco. At least fix their dungeon on “wintersday”.

And using the Karma vendor to make gold wasn’t an “exploit.” Just clever use of game mechanics….that got people banned.

I hope they have a way to track this kind of thing and smack the players hard. The type of player who does this is often the same player who waves their kitten around using the “LF1M Full Exotic/Ascended/Gearscore required.” Tyria could use less of them.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

What is bad is those of us who do not want to use the exploits feel like we have to when the rest of the group does because it took us so long to get into a group, we don’t want to have to go back to sitting in LA. Also, if you leave a group and piss off the people you were with, you could be blacklisted when you try getting a group again. I was in one pug who used the aoe the seal. I didn’t think that was too horrible as you could actually target it and damage it with regular damage, not just aoe. The group who wanted to do the dredge walk through the wall thing…that just left a bad taste in my mouth. Also, there is a thread to report the exploits and bugs in FotM. Hopefully they are going to fix things.

They need to fix the drop rate while they are at it to minimize the “grind” which they themselves have said is no fun. My husband has had 3 vials drop, and I have not gotten anything. Look how many people have never gotten a ring. Fix the bugs, but make it worth actually playing.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There has to be some advantage in the bug to call it an exploit? Is trying to beat the Fractal before you DC and have to start over from the beginning an advantage, or is it just attempting to play a poorly constructed buggy dungeon?

When they fix the dungeon and make it so I don’t have to do the same thing 10,000x’s then i’ll consider not taking shortcuts. It isn’t like any of these creative uses of content actually make anything easier, just shorter.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Ill play the game as “intended” when they fix all the bugs stopping people from completing dungeons and wasting our time “cough” Arah “Cough”.

Cheers! Give this person a drink!

You want us to run it? Fix it THEN fix the bugs. It isn’t my fault. Obviously fixing sploits is the least of their worries.

You ever been to explorables? You ever pull the spider queen from her room? Ranged the tree boss? Pull kholer single? Stacked on SA? Those have been here since BWE on. Those were never fixed and neither were the mass amount of bugs in exp – so suck it up.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Rezz.8019

You ever been to explorables? You ever pull the spider queen from her room? Ranged the tree boss? Pull kholer single? Stacked on SA? Those have been here since BWE on. Those were never fixed and neither were the mass amount of bugs in exp – so suck it up.

Actually.. they’re not bugs. The technique is called “pulling”. Used a lot in MMO games.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

FOTM and Ascended gears shouldn’t have been added to the game, this is epic fail on Arena Net’s part.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: PunkMaster.4235

PunkMaster.4235

I have an idea.. when your “LFG” just add “No Exploits” to your chat, that way you don’t have to deal with those that use these harmless shortcuts, and we don’t have to play with you!

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Exploiting content counteracts game breaking bugs and time lost to them. Why should I only accept the negative impacts?

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Shammy.5846

Shammy.5846

FotM would only be a fail if people didn’t do it. People consistently farm it daily. Ascended gear is a great addition for those that like to maximize there character. It is not a requirement outside of Fractals aside from those who like to gain 20 more skill points per item thats currently known to be out so thats like 60 points in maybe 1 or 2 areas you’d use to get your edge in the world basically in WvW. Hardly a fail more like a well played time sink and money grab to take gold out of the enconomy. With massive purchases in mats the Black Lion company is making a nice profit. With what maybe a increase of maybe 50 DPS or HPS? It is not breaking the mechanics of the game. You have the option to basically get the best bragging rights for now as you go deeper into fractals and with them making more in the future. I’m sure they should be adding some interesting tier based conclusions at 1 time or another. Until then how high can you go!

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

“Play to Win”. That’s the article/blog that’s been floating around the internet forever.

If there is an ingame process that allows you to do things quicker and more efficient without the use of 3rd party programs or hacking then “smart” people will take advantage of it. There is no “duty” to do things slower, when an easily accessible method is currently in the game.

I’ve encountered numerous bugs that have wasted my time over the 800+ hours I have logged in this game, many related to quests, DEs, and dungeon events that bug out. Just this weekend I did an Arah run where the NPC bugged out and I wasted about 45 min of my time for nothing. I consider both the positive and negative bugs within a game to balance each other, there will always be bugs, they will eventually be fixed. In the meantime, you are subjected to both the good and bad, I don’t have some secret honor system where I’m going to get screwed by the bad bugs and not take advantage of the good ones.

I “play to win” which means using any ingame mechanic that will let me be more efficient.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Intended that, intended this… The game intended to work normally without crashes, dc and lfg bs. As long as we have those – I have no guilt because of using shortcuts. I’ll just look for more and teach new to fractals people how to use them.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

That is all.

Porting through doors isn’t ‘game mechanics’. If you don’t like the word ‘exploiting’, here’s better – bugusing.
Skipping mobs in Jade level is using the game mechanics, even as it was thought through that way. Porting through doors or stucking the Mossman is bugusing.

The saddest part is that you can say whatever you want – ’we’re just using the given tools’ (so it was fair to exploit orbs in W3? forge cheap karma weapons?) – but you won’t admit it’s just pathetic bugusing. By all means – feel free to go down that route, but please have enough dignity to admit what you’re doing.

Using bugs in Fractals is not needed to progress. No bugs, except for the crashes/dcs (which, still, are on our side or somewhere on the way – no way to reconnect is a hole in the design, but not ‘bug’), block your progress.

If you feel the need to get an ascended ring, well, i guess it’s what drives you.
Newsflash: you do not need ascended stuff, not to mention infusions, anywhere else but in FotM now. The difference in stats is neglible – if you were dying in W3, you will keep dying in W3; if you couldn’t win 1v1, you still won’t; if you had troubles in dungeons, ascended jewelry won’t help you. The only place that ‘needs’ ascended jewelry with infusions is FotM themselves.
But then you say FotM is grind, it’s not fun, unrewarding and you do it because… what? If it’s not fun, don’t do it. Grinding it won’t help you progress anywhere else but FotM. Not grinding it won’t block you from playing other content.

The ascended stuff and the infusion mechanic is obviously a way to ‘reward’ and give additional incentive to those who already would play FotM all the time, because they find it fun, even with no rewards whatsoever – but pink rings and some extra mechanic add depth to the sense of progression, not the other way around.
It’s not there to grind it even if you don’t find it fun – it’s there to give an additional ‘something’ to those who do play it and advance in levels. This is where it’s different from other dungeons which we got used to farm for exotic equipment.

If you don’t find FotM fun and you feel it’s a painful grind, don’t do it.
If you feel you must be the cool kid on the block and show off your pink ring to everyone you meet and show it to every tree in Kessex Hills, given its neglible difference in stats to exotics, is something on your end, not a faulty design.
If you find FotM fun and enjoyable, regardless of rewards, you will sooner or later be rewarded with rings, just to keep you in the system.

But you people obviously haven’t seen ‘grind’ yet, in the old days of all those Asian MMOs where you had to kill 2000 monsters of the same type to progress at all, with other players stealing them in the meantime. Here at least you have the freedom to do something else with no punishment in other formats.

Yet you prefer to exploit bugs, to ‘save time and nerves from all the grind’.
If something’s not on a silver plate, it doesn’t mean it’s grind.

Haha i just had to quote this) ! If you don’t like the players you play with then get some friends and don’t use those tips ( Yea tips ) , or better : when you enter fractal you saw : recommended players : 5 ( so its not a must ) , so you better go alone and have the fun of your life , hard stuff , pro stuff all the way ! Tyvm bye !

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Plague Bound.8674

Plague Bound.8674

Yup they are totally going to ban people who freaking exploited fractals to skip 2-3 mins of content. Get over yourself.

Considering I got suspended for profanity, and they have a kittening censor, yes.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Heliox.8632

Heliox.8632

snip.

Actually.. NO
“Exploiting” has nothing to do with player skills. Also there are different categories of exploiting. The one we’re talking about here in fractals is simply skipping some smaller parts of the dungeons to make endless level grind less boring and repetitive. Also, time is very important as reconnecting is not available. I don’t think it can even be called exploiting, as it doesn’t harm anyone in any way, it actually doesn’t give any advantage over the other players, as the “exploits” are minimum.
The bad type of exploit would be duping items (I saw someone pinging a stack of coagulated essence few days ago) or anything similar that would give you the advantage over the other players.
Back to your post, I saw many good players “exploiting” these fractals bugs. And you know why they do it? Because they’re good, because they’re elite and they don’t want to put with the same pile of —-- that takes way too much time. But they do want to advance and get to hard levels (19 is just a silly level, you don’t even need an infusion to get there). Of course there are unskilled players who will “exploit” but point is: not being able to read Anet’s mind and know their rules has nothing to do with the player skills.
I personally wouldn’t mind skipping a really annoying group of mobs if I repeated it over 50 times, because I know I would be able to do it proper way, as I did it tons of times already. It just takes too much time, it’s pointless grinding. However, I would mind getting any advantage from doing similar things, I wouldn’t go get any extra items or gold or ranks or anything, I just want things to be fair

Exploit = scrub. Blaming something or someone else for your decision to cheat is the standard of cheaters. It isn’t smart, or cool, nor is it “playing to win”. That again is just your reasoning why its ok. Doesn’t make it so. I beat the content the way it was obviously ment to be beaten. I am better than you.

^ whatever boosts your self esteem.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: crusnx.3725

crusnx.3725

Considering I got suspended for profanity, and they have a kittening censor, yes.

if people didn’t get banned for running CoF in 3 min over and over and over again, seriously doubt it they will ban people for skipping trash mobs…

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Does name calling make you better than him too?

[EG] is recruiting!

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Devil’s advocate question: What if the design of FotM was done as a reaction to certain players who raced through the token dungeons, got what they wanted, then complained about nothing to do? Does it not make sense then, that a developer might see a need to resort to mechanics to slow down progression?

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Devil’s advocate question: What if the design of FotM was done as a reaction to certain players who raced through the token dungeons, got what they wanted, then complained about nothing to do? Does it not make sense then, that a developer might see a need to resort to mechanics to slow down progression?

I’m sure that’s a method lazy dev’s would take.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Iehova.9518

Gating progress by RNG is just about the dumbest thing to do.

Also knockbacks with bigger aoe than the platform you’re standing on is stupid.

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: Enfrayia.8179

Enfrayia.8179

Jump on to the platform behind you?

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Iehova.9518

Jump on to the platform behind you?

Cripple?

Quit Exploiting Fractals

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello,
this thread has derailed and there´s too many personal attacks and inflammatory comments. Therefore, it will be locked.
Thanks