RL Cash rewards for Dungeon/Fractal Tournies

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I was thinking about a thread in the general section that wants the equate rewards (namely the new spvp armor set), and thought the spvp 50k tournament reward would be a much better thing to have equated.

Imagine having your winning dungeon/fractal team winning 50k rl cash. Idk if any other game has anything other than rl pvp rewards offered, but I for one think it would be amazing.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I actually thought about it too.
Sounds great but wont happen. For the usual reasons of course.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Do more tourney and show them how their playerbase is more interested in PvE. You know, the people who give them money. It worth a try. The last one was good to watch anyway so personally i wouldn’t mind more.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Most people are not interested in competitive PvE as it stands now, they just like big rewards.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I’m interested. I just don’t have the resolve to run the same old dunjones another 100 times for practice.

Pv#E$ports is the only sports i watch.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Anet should introduce a Coliseum style feature. One person, foolishly, volunteers to jump into the arena and faces off, solo, hordes of mobs while other players hang around the stands and look on approvingly….wait, do it in the Bane in Black Citadel!

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I’m interested. I just don’t have the resolve to run the same old dunjones another 100 times for practice.

Well that’s exactly what I said

But who knows, maybe if the people organising the PvE tournament had good ideas for format, maybe people would be enjoying them instead of just mindlessly playing for the rewards? Who knows

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

But who knows, maybe if the people organising the PvE tournament had good ideas for format, maybe people would be enjoying them instead of just mindlessly playing for the rewards? Who knows

Wow you’re still fixated on that. After all this time.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Not entirely for the same reasons as him, but I also really dislike the way it’s formatted. I’m glad there’s some PvE action going on, but I don’t care about doing story mode paths or the few explorable paths that basically nobody ever does, so in that regard it actually would be just for the money.

J Eberle.9312

Not entirely for the same reasons as him, but I also really dislike the way it’s formatted. I’m glad there’s some PvE action going on, but I don’t care about doing story mode paths or the few explorable paths that basically nobody ever does, so in that regard it actually would be just for the money.

In your case it would be.
However, many other people participate and they have differing views.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah I know, I’m not trying to speak on behalf of everybody. I know that there’s a lot of others out there who share these thoughts though.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I guarantee you wouldnt have any signups if there was no reward.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I have to disagree with this point. Me and I guess many other people would participate,though.
Some people even donated much money against all odds to get the high rewards.

Grimkram [sS]

J Eberle.9312

I guarantee you wouldnt have any signups if there was no reward.

Not sure if actually serious lol.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Fairly sure he is ~.~….

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Even if you don’t personally agree with the current rules it should be everyone’s interest to keep tournaments going. This is pretty much the only shot to get any interest towards high end PvE. With future tournaments you and everyone else have a chance to affect the rules.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Even if you don’t personally agree with the current rules it should be everyone’s interest to keep tournaments going. This is pretty much the only shot to get any interest towards high end PvE. With future tournaments you and everyone else have a chance to affect the rules.

No one says the opposite. We are simply deploring the fact that the current tournaments are poorly designed and that the organisation mindset is short-sighted.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Wethospu.6437

Make constructive posts then.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Make constructive posts then.

I did. Then I had a long discussion with them on their chatbox too. Trust me I was being constructive.

I wouldn’t be able to quote any of the words I got in reply because they would all be censored out

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

No one says the opposite. We are simply deploring the fact that the current tournaments are poorly designed and that the organisation mindset is short-sighted.

1.) That’s your opinion
2.) Just because you think something, does not make it either:
a.) True
b.) A thought that everyone else shares.
3.) Once again you are here to kitten stir, you are not being constructive. Nor were you constructive in the chat box. That’s why you were banned and you still cannot get over it.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True
3.) Once again you are here to kitten stir, you are not being constructive. Nor were you constructive in the chat box. That’s why you were banned and you still cannot get over it.

And now you are distorting the facts.
Nike banned me from the chatbox much later (like a week after). He did that when he couldn’t stand a little dash of wit I made on reddit.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True

Nike banned me from the chatbox much later (like a week after). He did that when he couldn’t stand a little dash of wit I made on reddit.

No fact distortion here. You had your chance to talk about what you perceived to be issues with the tournament and instead decided to be non-constructive in the chat box after doing so on reddit.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True

No fact distortion here. You had your chance to talk about what you perceived to be issues with the tournament and instead decided to be non-constructive in the chat box after doing so on reddit.

Except it happened the other way around
First I went on the chatbox to talk about competitive PvE with the DnT people organising the tournament. It was constructive, despite your flow of insults, since we agreed to talk and respective views were exposed clearly.
Then, a week after, the petty reddit “event” happened. It seems to have troubled you but really I have no clue how this is related ^^

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True

First I went on the chatbox to talk about competitive PvE with the DnT people organising the tournament. It was constructive, despite your flow of insults, since we agreed to talk and respective views were exposed clearly.
Then, a week after, the petty reddit “event” happened. It seems to have troubled you but really I have no clue how this is related ^^

And now it is you who is distorting facts. My word or yours, doesn’t really matter because all in all it doesn’t change the fact that once again you are here being offtopic and as Wethospu has stated, nonconstructive.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True

And now it is you who is distorting facts. My word or yours, doesn’t really matter because all in all it doesn’t change the fact that once again you are here being offtopic and as Wethospu has stated, nonconstructive.

:D
Good luck trying to turn this into a “you word versus mine” kind of thing when there is evidence all over the internet and even your guild mates know better haha!

Now that this disagreement of yours is settled, we can get back to being constructive indeed:
I was telling Weth that the DnT organisation agreed to talk. If we could get on with that instead of dwelling in petty personal conflicts and unnecessary disrespect the entire community would benefit from it.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

1.) That’s your opinion
a.) True

Good luck trying to turn this into a “you word versus mine” kind of thing when there is evidence all over the place and even your guild mates know better haha!

Now that this disagreement of yours is settled, we can get back to being constructive indeed:
I was telling Weth that the DnT organisation agreed to talk. If we could get on with that instead of dwelling in petty personal conflicts and unnecessary disrespect the entire community would benefit from it.

Welp I can get kaboomz to dredge up the entire chat history if you want. But I know what was said. I was there.

The conversation about what you want for the tournament and etc is over. It’s been had. You didnt get everything you wanted. To bad. Get over it. You are constantly bring it up at every opportunity because you think you can change things. If you don’t like it, don’t participate, or have your own tourny. Nothing that you say is going to get you what you want now.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Except you do not know what I want since you were too busy insulting while I was talking with the people responsible for tournament organisation.

If you are not part of those people, or if you are not willing to contribute to the future of competitive PvE, I would appreciate if you could step aside and let us talk as adults.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

J Eberle.9312

Except you do not know what I want since you were too busy insulting while I was talking with the people responsible for tournament organisation.

If you are not part of those people, or if you are not willing to contribute to the future of competitive PvE, I would appreciate if you could step aside and let us talk as adults.

It’s all over the thread in the events section and people did listen to you in the chat box, but they disagreed with you and you didn’t like it. You are not included any more in the conversation for the future of DNT tournaments, you forfeited that opportunity through your actions. Now act like the adult you are demanding others to be, and get over it.

Also if you could stop sending me angry private messages too, that would be great.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Holy crap brah

The topic… I don’t want anet to put RL money toward any tourneys, least of all a PvE tourney, when they could be using that capital to hire developers to fix the problems and bugs in the game.

^^ my opinion ofc.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

J Eberle.9312

Holy crap brah

The topic… I don’t want anet to put RL money toward any tourneys, least of all a PvE tourney, when they could be using that capital to hire developers to fix the problems and bugs in the game.

^^ my opinion ofc.

Ah here we go. The actual topic at hand.
Now I think you have a point there. I hadn’t considered that the amount of money they throw at tourneys could actually do something really decent in the ways of actual in game stuff.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Holy crap brah

^^ my opinion ofc.

Now I think you have a point there. I hadn’t considered that the amount of money they throw at tourneys could actually do something really decent in the ways of actual in game stuff.

Yeah.. the 100k for the pvp tourney could hire a developer for… 1.3 years on average. If they just used it to get some decent interns they could fund 4 years of full time interns.

I just think it’s such a frivolous use of capital. Gem and digital items as prizes is one thing… RL money is stupid for a game that ISNT an esport.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

You know, I tried to go in to self imposed exile from the forum to get away from the insanity, but I think it is worth replying to this. What do you actually want? All you and select others have said is that we aren’t doing what’s best for the community (spoiler – community gives us donations and loves what we’re doing, don’t speak on their behalf thx) and that the tournaments are badly designed, yet you haven’t said anything about how it should be done. Alternatively, you could host your own. So please tell us your ideas, because I haven’t seen any and the endless crying from select individuals is extremely tedious to read.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

J Eberle.9312

Holy crap brah

^^ my opinion ofc.

Yeah.. the 100k for the pvp tourney could hire a developer for… 1.3 years on average. If they just used it to get some decent interns they could fund 4 years of full time interns.

I just think it’s such a frivolous use of capital. Gem and digital items as prizes is one thing… RL money is stupid for a game that ISNT an esport.

Can you imagine how many in-game fashion opportunities we could have developed with that O_O

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Holy crap brah

^^ my opinion ofc.

Can you imagine how many in-game fashion opportunities we could have developed with that O_O

Actual in-game armor :O

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

It’s all over the thread in the events section and people did listen to you in the chat box, but they disagreed with you and you didn’t like it. You are not included any more in the conversation for the future of DNT tournaments, you forfeited that opportunity through your actions. Now act like the adult you are demanding others to be, and get over it.

Also if you could stop sending me angry private messages too, that would be great.

A valiant attempt at discrediting me, but do you realise I never ever asked to take part in the organisation of tournaments?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Holy crap brah

^^ my opinion ofc.

Artists are super cheap too! We could have like 4 artists working on an armor set per month!

[ARES]

J Eberle.9312

A valiant attempt at discrediting me, but do you realise I never ever asked to take part in the organisation of tournaments? :D

Take a moment to think about your comments. Now take all that energy and go to the guild wars 2 discussion section and let it all out at some people complaining that Mawdrey is too hard to get.

Artists are super cheap too! We could have like 4 artists working on an armor set per month!

I would do it for free if I was an actually good artist lol. I bet there’s so many really good artists out there who would do it though, great opportunity.

Wethospu.6437

What about real cash rewards for PvF?

Jiyn.3158

Yes please…I need some for breakfast

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have some crackers I can share!

[ARES]

Jiyn.3158

What kind? O.o

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Lilith Ajit.6173

What kind? O.o

Keebler cheese crackers with peanut butter.

[ARES]

Jiyn.3158

What kind? O.o

Keebler cheese crackers with peanut butter.

I’ll be up North this week, save me some

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

lol cash rewards for PvF

as in being an Anet employee?