[Rage] FotM

[Rage] FotM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Croth.6287

Croth.6287

So…

Spent 6+ hours today trying to do a level 20 fractal daily which I previously haven’t had trouble doing in an hour or less.

1st group: 2nd fractal – dc – people leave.

2nd group: 1st fractal – dc – people leave – we all come out to restart – dc again during 1st fractal.

3rd group: 1st fractal – lvl 80 warrior who doesn’t know what an elite skill is, auto attacks all the time, dies constantly. We finally manage to get through to the second fractal – Cliffside – someone DCs, people leave.

4th group: 2nd fractal – dc – people leave.

4th group 2nd try, we advertise for more people, enter and again someone dcs during the 2nd fractal – Cliffside. We try to 4 man it and fail, port back and quit.

5th group: getting more people and starting off with Ascalon, we get to the inner courtyard and as we start killing mobs, someone DCs. People port back and end up leaving.

After all this, I can take no more. Is it really that hard and game breaking to add an option to re-enter? Why does it take so long to apply what should of been a hot-fix? I already know it’s coming at the end of the month but how many more groups get to fail because someone DCs until you understand that people don’t like to 4-man dungeons that have been scaled up.

At this point I’m physically exhausted from having to constantly remake groups and fail time after time to even get past the 2nd fractal when normally this shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m trying really hard not to throw explicit language around but I think this time you deserve it.

Get your kitten together Anet.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

Anet is terrified that people will DC and re-enter FotM after death. This will obviously lower sales of revive orbs.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

are you sure its all disconnects and not someone who intentionally leaves due to the party get the cliffside or any other fractal they dont like/want to do ?

because its way more dc than whats normal to encounter.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Stefan.9360

Stefan.9360

I know two options for FotM:
1. fix DC
2. Dungeon finder

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

Some say the smart people took a break from FOTM and the game until end of january patch.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results each time. System around FOTM is broken, you will get poked in the behind by it every now again, both by the game disconnecting random players and then also random players being really bad at certain maps and decide to log out rather than show their really bad gaming skills.

When we get the end of january patch we wont have to worry about random people getting crashed by the game, and the terrabads that log off on maps they dont like will have their names in oh so many block lists.

Until then, its insanity to continue doing FOTM and expecting it to be flawless each time.

BTW, you can easily do most maps with less than full group. One person crashing does NOT mean you have to reset the dungeon.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Anet is terrified that people will DC and re-enter FotM after death. This will obviously lower sales of revive orbs.

You really don’t need orbs for fractals. Rangers exist for a reason.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Try about the same thing, except now you also get blocked from using /M chat because the spamfilter blocks your entire party after advertising 2 or 3 times. Now try to get that last party member…

The january fix can’t come soon enough for me…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Is it really that hard and game breaking to add an option to re-enter? Why does it take so long to apply what should of been a hot-fix?

You throw this concept around like a rhetorical question (Which I understand, it’s perfectly rational to be upset in this case) but the answer is actually yes.

In order to have a checkpoint-based system instead of graveyard zerging (A concept that essentially makes every dungeon in a way possible, and therefore defeats the concept of levels), fractals used the same netcode as co-operative story missions and other instances instead of standard dungeons. Hence, needing to be in the same overflow, ect.

Not being able to rejoin fractals is an unintended/unforeseen/ignored side-effect of this.

Fixing said problem requires extensive work on the base game. Which, is no easy feat, even in a regular game. But this is an MMO, where everything has to be checked and double checked for security/exploit reasons, where everything has to be in perfect sync or nasty bugs could occur, and where everything has to be completely glitch free or people get extremely irate. And with programming, you can’t just throw more people at a problem to make it go away faster. Budget restraints are also an issue, anet are not operating on a blank cheque which is an important thing which most people forget about game design when asking why X feature doesn’t exist.

I’d be glad they gave us a date at all, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re still working on it now.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Either you’re exaggerating or you’re the unluckiest person alive.

I pugged from level 2 to level 31 and I’ve had to quit ONCE due to someone disconnecting.

Anet make Rev great again.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

You really don’t need orbs for fractals. Rangers exist for a reason.

Don’t need rangers or revive orbs for Maw for fotm 40+, don’t need anything for that matter just some people with common intelligence, atm at least.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I stopped playing fractals a month ago, it’s repetitive, RNG though some of that has been fixed now but kinda lost interest by now and the dc issue just makes it not worth the time. Much prefer the other dungeons

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Don’t need rangers or revive orbs for Maw for fotm 40+, don’t need anything for that matter just some people with common intelligence, atm at least.

Really? I’m not at 40+ so I can’t judge for myself, but do enlighten me how you survive Maw’s unavoidable agony at 40+.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Infractions served, no doubt. DC is really a bad abbreviation for “disconnect”.

“random players being really bad at certain maps and decide to log out rather than show their really bad gaming skills.”

Maybe they can’t be bothered with cheap game design. Skills don’t come into play here as much as having been there before. Maybe the issue was really bad team leaders unable to give instructions.

(edited by ElixireL.5190)

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Omniwar.4985

Omniwar.4985

Really? I’m not at 40+ so I can’t judge for myself, but do enlighten me how you survive Maw’s unavoidable agony at 40+.

Only way I know of and has worked once for me was a person jumping over popping their heal and then getting a banner, during that time I and another guardian staggered our big heals so that the person that jumped over was half hp in downed state after the last agony tick.

But only once, timing is crazy.

And even this may not work at 50+.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

This will be used by everyone now or pathced by anet but idc.
Before you kill the 2nd tentacle to trigger the 1st agony you let someone die then res him till 99.9%. Then 1 guy kills the 2nd tentacle to trigger the agony. 2-3 players will sit next to the dead guy and AFTER the agony starts ticking you res the dead guy quickly. He will then get up without receiving any agony and res the rest of the team.
Same with the 2nd agony after you kill the golems or if you have a guardian you can use the guardian GS 5th skill Blinding blade to produce multipe reflect crystals from tentacles.

:]

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I know that feel OP, and you’ve been far more patient than I would have been.

It boggles my mind just for how long we’ve been made to suffer through this torment that is Fractals DCs.

In fact I’ve all but stopped running FotM at this point because it just causes grief and frustration. I advise you to do the same.

Any other MMO company would have kitten like this sorted out in a week.

But it’s been well over 2 months now and we’re still having to deal with it.

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

This will be used by everyone now or pathced by anet but idc.
Before you kill the 2nd tentacle to trigger the 1st agony you let someone die then res him till 99.9%. Then 1 guy kills the 2nd tentacle to trigger the agony. 2-3 players will sit next to the dead guy and AFTER the agony starts ticking you res the dead guy quickly. He will then get up without receiving any agony and res the rest of the team.
Same with the 2nd agony after you kill the golems or if you have a guardian you can use the guardian GS 5th skill Blinding blade to produce multipe reflect crystals from tentacles.

:]

99% res is not a bug.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

How does a warrior who doesnt know what an elite skill is and doesnt know how to dodge make it all the way to lvl 20 fractal? Maybe the guy was asleep :P

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

You can overstack AR and be virtually impossible to damage.

[Rage] FotM

Croth.6287

Either you’re exaggerating or you’re the unluckiest person alive.

I pugged from level 2 to level 31 and I’ve had to quit ONCE due to someone disconnecting.

Ah but you see that’s exactly what I thought until that time. I would usually get 1-2 bad parties at most, then roll a new group and we’d go through it as usual. I also did suggest we try to pass it on several occasions but some party members just auto leave or click the back to lab button and others join in. Normally by the third fractal if there’s a person that has left, we try to get through it.

How does a warrior who doesnt know what an elite skill is and doesnt know how to dodge make it all the way to lvl 20 fractal? Maybe the guy was asleep :P

You know I asked exactly the same question, as did several other members. One replied, “On the sore shoulders of others.”

Agony resistance isn’t damage immunity. It serves to reduce the agony condition damage. The actual attack that applies agony also does direct damage so even without the additional agony damage, the hit itself hurts a lot at 20.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Koga.7215

Koga.7215

So…

Spent 6+ hours today trying to do a level 20 fractal daily which I previously haven’t had trouble doing in an hour or less.

1st group: 2nd fractal – dc – people leave.

2nd group: 1st fractal – dc – people leave – we all come out to restart – dc again during 1st fractal.

3rd group: 1st fractal – lvl 80 warrior who doesn’t know what an elite skill is, auto attacks all the time, dies constantly. We finally manage to get through to the second fractal – Cliffside – someone DCs, people leave.

4th group: 2nd fractal – dc – people leave.

4th group 2nd try, we advertise for more people, enter and again someone dcs during the 2nd fractal – Cliffside. We try to 4 man it and fail, port back and quit.

5th group: getting more people and starting off with Ascalon, we get to the inner courtyard and as we start killing mobs, someone DCs. People port back and end up leaving.

After all this, I can take no more. Is it really that hard and game breaking to add an option to re-enter? Why does it take so long to apply what should of been a hot-fix? I already know it’s coming at the end of the month but how many more groups get to fail because someone DCs until you understand that people don’t like to 4-man dungeons that have been scaled up.

At this point I’m physically exhausted from having to constantly remake groups and fail time after time to even get past the 2nd fractal when normally this shouldn’t be an issue.

I’m trying really hard not to throw explicit language around but I think this time you deserve it.

Get your kitten together Anet.

if your having such an issues and frustration and don’t have people to run with from guild with stable connections why not just do other things in game for a week or two until they release the patch with the fixes to everything your having trouble with? its not like we have not known it is comming at the end of the month for 2weeks now…

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I was same problem (black screens most times) but since I use Pingzapper its stops.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

And this here folks, is somoene who has no idea what he’s talking about.

Anet make Rev great again.

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

Agony resistance isn’t damage immunity. It serves to reduce the agony condition damage. The actual attack that applies agony also does direct damage so even without the additional agony damage, the hit itself hurts a lot at 20.

Most attacks are quite survivable at lower fractals and can be brushed off by most classes just fine. My experience is that most of the direct damage are replaced by agony. For example, the mining suit pound or the shaman arrow at fractal 10 deals much less damage to someone with 30 AR than they do without agony.

[Rage] FotM

Croth.6287

Most attacks are quite survivable at lower fractals and can be brushed off by most classes just fine. My experience is that most of the direct damage are replaced by agony. For example, the mining suit pound or the shaman arrow at fractal 10 deals much less damage to someone with 30 AR than they do without agony.

Yes I agree at level 10 things are a heck of a lot more survivable. However, we are talking about level 20 where not only does it hurt more, it hurts a lot more often as well with the bosses seeming like they attack almost twice as much. ie. after dodging fires, a few arrows beforehand, the Shaman can target and fire two of the agony arrows at you and with no endurance to dodge, you have to take it to the face. In this case, it hurts more than the agony (assuming 25 AR).

FYI: I am a glass cannon but with some of the parties I’ve played with, I get downed/die less than those they insist they are guardians/warriors full tank spec and try to face tank it and die instead of learning to move around properly.

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

Yes I agree at level 10 things are a heck of a lot more survivable. However, we are talking about level 20 where not only does it hurt more, it hurts a lot more often as well with the bosses seeming like they attack almost twice as much. ie. after dodging fires, a few arrows beforehand, the Shaman can target and fire two of the agony arrows at you and with no endurance to dodge, you have to take it to the face. In this case, it hurts more than the agony (assuming 25 AR).

FYI: I am a glass cannon but with some of the parties I’ve played with, I get downed/die less than those they insist they are guardians/warriors full tank spec and try to face tank it and die instead of learning to move around properly.

You can dodge 100% of the arrow just by moving around, but that’s besides the point.

The agony attacks themselves do very little damage overall compared to pre-level 10 versions of the same attack. It’s noticeable with high AR.

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

And this here folks, is somoene who has no idea what he’s talking about.

Once you get to a point where you no longer has AR as a crutch, you realize how survivable everything is at the lower end.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Once you get to a point where you no longer has AR as a crutch, you realize how survivable everything is at the lower end.

What is this point? I currently see no purpose in going beyond daily dose of level 20.

[Rage] FotM

DancingPenguins.9875

What is this point? I currently see no purpose in going beyond daily dose of level 20.

You typically don’t survive being hit by agony once you hit 40. Although most people are able to just avoid being hit, especially by agony at that point. You really don’t survive more than 3 or 4 hits of anything that’s not collateral AoE.

Higher scale has better chance for skin and ring drops. Drops get better, it’s not immediately noticeable, but in hindsight you notice you come back out with a lot more rares and exotics. If you are going to keep the rings clogging up your bank, you might as well do 26+ daily for the (infused) version and save the pink mats for potential pink amulet/earrings/armors that are sure to come. The hope is that maybe these rings can become salvageable and sellable in the future.

[Rage] FotM

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

if you want skins you need 30 and 40 and 50 if possible to have more chances…

I want a fotm sword skin so bad…only decent sword that doesn t cost 100+G to craft

I do fotm 26 every day but i just dropped a couple of skins till now Q_Q so i m trying to get to liv 30 to double my chances….

p.S: i got so many pink mats that i doubt they will be a problem for anyone…
I mean i dropped far more shards than lodestones…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.