Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

So looking at some of the lore hidden throughout the Raids, it seems like it might be part of the build up to Living World Season 3. If so, then there really should be a story mode version of the raids so that the general population who gets excluded from the raids isn’t left in the dark about what is likely rather important information for the continuing story of Tyria.

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They’ve confirmed that the story in the raid wings is unrelated to what will be present in LS3. It is a complete side story.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No one is excluded from raiding unless they themselves choose to.

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: LaCoria.8549

LaCoria.8549

I’ve actually run across a large population of players who are removed from Raid groups because they lack either gear, voice client, or have not run the raid before and are therefore immediately kicked.

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I’ve actually run across a large population of players who are removed from Raid groups because they lack either gear, voice client, or have not run the raid before and are therefore immediately kicked.

“lack either gear, voice client” <— exactly what TexZero means by they choose to exclude themselves. If they want to commit, they can go get gear and download voice client and try again later. Most of the pug groups dont require you to talk, just listen to simple commands like “blue”, “green” for VG and such.

For the “have not run the raid before”, they can make their own group by listing on lfg for a training run or find one that does. I also see in forums and reddit people that offer training runs occasionally.

and if you dont want to do any of them and still want to know the lore, forums/reddit/wiki have people that do summary on lore.
for example, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/45a4ve/spoilers_most_everything_we_know_about_spirit/

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Again, that’s on the player who is attempting to join a group they are not suited for.

Raid Lore? Story Mode?

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

If they want to commit, they can go get gear and download voice client and try again later.

True. But it puts the cart before the horse.
Anet did the same mistake in GW1 PVP. It required you to have a team, be on voicechat, talk and to know your stuff. Quite demanding, especially when you only want to test it. As a result after some years PVP was lacking (new) players.

Usually players are developing into more “hardcore” players.
For example in dungeons: Players start to run COF1 for gold. They get better and do AC/TA/SE. They start to use zerk equip, are getting better. They are adding other players to their friendlist, join a guild, start to do COE and arah. Players are developing step by step.
A huge wall of demands scares players away. Fractals, for example: You can play them on a low level, get better, find a guild etc. You don’t need to start on a high level. You are climping up the ladder step by step. You’re not forced to climb up a wall.

It is called “learning curve” and not “learning stairs/wall”. There should be a huge variety of instanced teamcontent leading from easy fractals/dungeons to raids.
And now have a look at dungeons. And at the dumbed down fractals. I don’t know what Anet is doing there, but to me it seems a bit….questionable.