Raid-Squad: Healing priorization

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

After a few tests I am pretty sure that the last patch also changed how healing works. Pre patch the target with the lowest health was priorized for healing, regardless in what subgroup he was. Now it seems, that the subgroup of the healer is priorized, which is a bad change imo since it limits party composition, because now parties have to run either two healers (one in every subgroup) or they run one healer in an own subgroup, but then this healer doesn’t get boons.
Is this change intended or is it a bug?
And will it get fixed, or if it is intended, can we please have this change reverted?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

As far as I know it prioritizes subgroup healing, and if a subgroup member is full the healing goes to members from other subgroups. Just put the Druid/Auramancer/random healer spec with the tank/by itself.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

(edited by Velho.7123)

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

After a few tests I am pretty sure that the last patch also changed how healing works. Pre patch the target with the lowest health was priorized for healing, regardless in what subgroup he was. Now it seems, that the subgroup of the healer is priorized, which is a bad change imo since it limits party composition, because now parties have to run either two healers (one in every subgroup) or they run one healer in an own subgroup, but then this healer doesn’t get boons.
Is this change intended or is it a bug?
And will it get fixed, or if it is intended, can we please have this change reverted?

I’m main healer and I didn’t have trouble Raiding last night, worked just like before. Well probably because I was alone in a Subsquad 3, maybe your group should do that.
You can also target a player with low HP and that will guarantee he’ll be healed.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

As far as I know it prioritizes subgroup healing, and if a subgroup member is full the healing goes to members to other subgroups. Just put the Druid/Auramancer/random healer spec with the tank/by itself.

It’s not supposed to. Healing is supposed to work like the OP described.

Putting a healer in a subgroup screws up their own buffs (Glyph, Frost Spirit).

Honestly we shouldn’t have to manipulate sub groups to get healing to work properly. If this was indeed changed in the last patch it should be reverted.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

targeting someone guarantees they get the heal? for real?
I had so much trouble healing people who were low the one time I tried to be healer with tempest, since everything is PBAoE