Raid Suggestion: reduce waiting to have fun

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Dear Arena Net,
I am a player who have a irregular schedule for playing games. I have a full time job and real life events that prevent me from logging into the game at the same time everyday. I love guild wars and has been playing since 2005. I am not sure if I am your targeted demographic, you know the one who sometimes only has 30minutes to an hour to play the game. As a result I can’t really PUG raids because setting up the team simply takes way too long and its frustrating to have to get new players when they rage quit after a wipe which results in more waiting. Waiting to have fun is not fun.
I hope you have not gone into development for your next raid yet because I feel it should be important to take community feedback on reducing the barrier of entry to raids. For me personally I can’t raid because I don’t want to schedule my life around a raiding schedule with a guild and I feel I should be able to raid without the need of being in a guild while still maintaining the same level of challenge. I believe you should introduce raid events in parallel that can be tackled in any order like guild wars 1 underworld events and have each event completion give raid shards. The events are balanced around different party sizes with 2-3 of these events being the current raid boss difficulty. You can have smaller events that is of the difficulty of dungeon bosses. This allows players such as myself to have the option to go into the raid and maybe solo 1-3 events that is as difficult as a Lupicus fight but will still be unable to complete the whole raid. It also allows other players who don’t have time to get a full 10 man group but can get 5 to do a smaller portion of the raid, get some reward and get their feet wet into the raid environment. If you are wondering how is an event balanced around 5 players good for a content that is balanced around 10? Well like in underworld, you can split your squad up and tackle multiple events at the same time. This allows for the players to adjust their own difficulty at the expense of time spent in the raid. Like in underworld, if you decided to 10 man each of the lesser events, it would be much slower than if your group decided to split up the squad to better fit the encounter. Suddenly your 5man no updraft gorseval allows your other 5man team to speed up the raid by doing other events.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

There is other content if you can’t find an hour to raid. Like you mentioned, fractals or dungeons. Other content on this game also requires a certain level of time commitment, like dragon stand.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The raids themselves are balanced around a squad of 10 players which is unlikely to change.

They could have future raids be nonlinear like Underworld. I don’t see a problem with that.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

There is other content if you can’t find an hour to raid. Like you mentioned, fractals or dungeons. Other content on this game also requires a certain level of time commitment, like dragon stand.

Dungeons and fractals are not new content, I have done them enough. Dragon stand is on a timer and I can’t do it on most days because of it. So what does that mean? Basically I play guild wars 2 about once every 2 weeks when DS timer aligns with my schedule.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Dungeons and fractals are not new content, I have done them enough. Dragon stand is on a timer and I can’t do it on most days because of it. So what does that mean? Basically I play guild wars 2 about once every 2 weeks when DS timer aligns with my schedule.

Just trying to point out that you have other options. Raids don’t necessarily need to conform to your schedule. I agree that new dungeons and fractals are long overdue.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They should just move reset to friday. Would solve the issue for a fair amount of people.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

They’re already working on fixing the LFG, so that will help some.

Not sure about the reset issue, either way people will run at whatever reset time/day reset is. Though like WvW im sure the numbers are better on Friday, they probably just don’t want the player base competing for attention like that though hence separate reset days ?