Raid lore for non Raiders

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sarnax.8357

Sarnax.8357

Is there anyway for non raiders to experience all the new lore? Does anyone know if there is something in the pipeline for solo instances just to play through the new lore? Thanks!

Unfortunately with a wife, kids and demanding job I just don’t have time to raid

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There was a dev comment on it. Possibly on reddit. It was non-committal, but a story mode was not ruled out entirely. No mention of a solo mode though.

From what I can tell, there is a misconception of how much story and lore there is in the raid. Most of it goes onto the wiki if you want to read more. Most of the info I know came from there and reading the lore forums when they discuss stuff.

Sarnax.8357

Yea I meant a story mode, which would make a lot of sense imo.

I totally get we can read about it but its nice to play through it. I do appreciate your response and hope we get a story mode at some point.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I wish they had a solo form map with no raid bosses. Just normal mobs and the NPCs that you could speak to.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I wish they had a solo form map with no raid bosses. Just normal mobs and the NPCs that you could speak to.

I’d settle for a way to just tick a box and you go in after it’s been “cleared” by the troops and your just there for “reports”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d settle for a way to just tick a box and you go in after it’s been “cleared” by the troops and your just there for “reports”

I absolutely love that idea. Being able to enter the cleared area as a non-combatant / researcher would be a great way for non-Raiders to explore the areas and soak in some of the lore while also being lore-friendly itself. It absolutely makes sense that people would want to enter the cleared out areas to investigate the goings on.

Heck, I’d love to see something like that for dungeons even. I’m sure there’s some interesting stuff in there that most people never see during regular dungeon play.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Brilliant idea. +1

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m all for the idea, but would you be able to do any achievements while you’re there? The ones that don’t relate to killing bosses, like the one where you find the badges of the fallen soldiers?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m all for the idea, but would you be able to do any achievements while you’re there? The ones that don’t relate to killing bosses, like the one where you find the badges of the fallen soldiers?

I’m leaning more to no. I do feel if you want the AP, you need to do the raids.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: valheru.7891

valheru.7891

The solution is actually quiet easy. Just ask around if anyone cleared one of the wings and ask if they can open an instance for you. They open the instance. you join on the map. They can leave and do whatever they want to do. The only thing is that you cannot leave the raid instance and enter again. Then you need to ask again if someone can open it.

A friend of mine made beautifull lore blog posts without defeating 1 boss. She just asked some friends to open up instances and she watched the cinematics on youtube.

here are her blog posts:

http://www.dragonseason.com/lore-behind-the-raid-forsaken-thicket-salvation-pass/

http://www.dragonseason.com/guild-wars-2-current-events-ley-line-energy-white-mantle-bosses-and-snow/

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That sounds absolutely fine. In the meantime you can try lfg in order to find a kind soul who opens cleared instances for you.

Sarnax.8357

I absolutely love that idea. Being able to enter the cleared area as a non-combatant / researcher would be a great way for non-Raiders to explore the areas and soak in some of the lore while also being lore-friendly itself. It absolutely makes sense that people would want to enter the cleared out areas to investigate the goings on.

Heck, I’d love to see something like that for dungeons even. I’m sure there’s some interesting stuff in there that most people never see during regular dungeon play.

All great ideas. Lore is such an important part of this game that its nice when the game caters to casual lore hounds like myself. Especially if the raid lore is some sort of lead up to the next LS season.

Posted by: fivestar.7830

fivestar.7830

I normal clear both raid wings on rest if you need me to open so you can look around i don’t mind just mail me in game and when I am on i will reach out to you to see if you want to go in. I am on normally on around reset and few hours after Monday thru Friday and most of the weekend. I know you can also do a few achievements if you have beaten VG one time and you can get the mastery point in the 2nd wing.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

On a related note, I haven’t fully cleared the firsr raid yet and haven’t entered the second wing, and now I’m deployed. How is the lore put in? Like, is it through cutscenes or just npc conversations? Also, is there a decent video anywhere that just has the lore portions of these raid wings so I can watch it? All I was able to find was a cinematic introducing I think the second wing.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Diamond pvp.
Migraine done soloing it (my party die against mordy at the first fly phase)
Every single dungeon done.
HoT story done.
Maguuma Trailblazer.
fractal 94.
Still i need to kill the VG……………………..
i CaN’t FiNd A sInGlE GrOuP aBlE tO pLaY lIkE a TeAm. 3 ,no wait, 4 months after the first wing release still i never killed the VG…….
okok i’m a noob i need to l2p blablabla……. please….. please….. make it more easy……. not for me….. ok for me too….. make this raid more easy so i can play something different. there are 2weeks that i’m stuck helping the others players to get the fly achievment of the HoT story in hearts and minds (stupid bug, you find a team-die against mordy- the team kill him for you-you get the ach -_-") or helping teams to get migraine because that is the only last funny thing i can enjoy from this game (in PvE i mean).
please this raid need a debuff or wolf players like me (i play alone, no guild. yeahyeah this game is a guild game find a guild blablabla…. no thx no more) willl never get behind that frigging kitten VG. only if i’m lucky to find a “normal party” i can hope for a VG kill. The others bosses………………………….. it makes me cry and laugh at the same time.
:’’’’)
btw reading post of people talking about opened cleared raid wing……… it looks so dumb!! i don’t want an open clear wing! are you kidding? i want to be able to clear the wing by myself. what a dumb person buy a game where he leave people playing for him? lol
i don’t want stupid cutscene. i can have it without a single penny spent. just look it on youtube. i want funny fights! not leave the others play for me! this is so….. dumb :/

(edited by Acnologia.6934)

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

this is so….. dumb :/

cool story, bruh

I’m looking into getting into Raiding, but have a bit of work to do yet. Thanks to those offering to get us caught up on some of the lore.

read all not only the last 4 words.
i don’t talk about dumb people. i talk about dumb contents. they create a content where people like you and me with not so many time will never enjoy fully. then if you are happy with only “the lore” (talking to some npc gratefull to you for the help when you haven’t done nothing, instead talking exploring and fighting with them) well they create the perfect content for you. look on lfg some “cleared raid wing” and enjoy a gratefull soldier kissing your feet for your help…… oh thx to exist commander.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

i don’t talk about dumb people. i talk about dumb contents. they create a content where people like you and me with not so many time will never enjoy fully

How do you expect Arenanet to only release content that everybody enjoys?

valheru.7891

Diamond pvp.
Migraine done soloing it (my party die against mordy at the first fly phase)
Every single dungeon done.
HoT story done.
Maguuma Trailblazer.
fractal 94.
Still i need to kill the VG……………………..
i CaN’t FiNd A sInGlE GrOuP aBlE tO pLaY lIkE a TeAm. 3 ,no wait, 4 months after the first wing release still i never killed the VG…….
okok i’m a noob i need to l2p blablabla……. please….. please….. make it more easy……. not for me….. ok for me too….. make this raid more easy so i can play something different. there are 2weeks that i’m stuck helping the others players to get the fly achievment of the HoT story in hearts and minds (stupid bug, you find a team-die against mordy- the team kill him for you-you get the ach -_-") or helping teams to get migraine because that is the only last funny thing i can enjoy from this game (in PvE i mean).
please this raid need a debuff or wolf players like me (i play alone, no guild. yeahyeah this game is a guild game find a guild blablabla…. no thx no more) willl never get behind that frigging kitten VG. only if i’m lucky to find a “normal party” i can hope for a VG kill. The others bosses………………………….. it makes me cry and laugh at the same time.
:’’’’)
btw reading post of people talking about opened cleared raid wing……… it looks so dumb!! i don’t want an open clear wing! are you kidding? i want to be able to clear the wing by myself. what a dumb person buy a game where he leave people playing for him? lol
i don’t want stupid cutscene. i can have it without a single penny spent. just look it on youtube. i want funny fights! not leave the others play for me! this is so….. dumb :/

Why should they make it easier. Raids weren’t created to be easy but when you know them and with the right builds and groop. There actually not that difficult With a good groop composition you can kill every boss pretty easely. Yes it can be hard to find the right groop. But the best clear groop I ever had was a 100% pug groop. If you don’t want to join a guild. Fine that’s your choice. But also remember that some guilds exist that are only a list of players who do raids where you can ask if people want to join a raid or not. No represnatation asked. No donation asked really nothing just a list of players who you can all contact very fast.

Sarnax.8357

Lets be clear, we are not asking for easy content. Let the raiders have their fun. God knows I was one of those folks not to long ago in WoW. Make it as hard as it can be for that segment of players to enjoy.

What we are asking for though is a story instance so we can enjoy playing through the lore and not miss out on anything. Reading or seeing a youtube vid is ok, but we play a video game and having a story instance would just feel right.

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

Lets be clear, we are not asking for easy content. Let the raiders have their fun. God knows I was one of those folks not to long ago in WoW. Make it as hard as it can be for that segment of players to enjoy.

What we are asking for though is a story instance so we can enjoy playing through the lore and not miss out on anything. Reading or seeing a youtube vid is ok, but we play a video game and having a story instance would just feel right.

I think all the lore is available through a competed raid instance

valheru.7891

I think all the lore is available through a competed raid instance

I think so too. Even the cutscene when you kill mathias can be seen in a cleared instance. Everything as far as i know related to lore can be found in a cleared instance maybe the only difference will be the npc at the start of spirit vale. But then again. Every player can get there. solo or in groop as you don’t have to kill anything to be able to talk/listen to them.