Raid need at least 2 difficulty level!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

What does that have to do with elitism…?

He basically said raids are not hard enough because PUG people can get it too… So he kitten ed even harder content so the ones who beat it can feel special, can feel….elite

He wants a challenge, which is completely fine. He also said that said harder encounters should be in a seperate difficulty without touching the “original” difficulty we have right now, instead of just ramping it up.
The raids in their current state are completely doable by everyone who is willing to improve and invest time into it. It’s great that we finally have content you can’t just roll through.

Even harder difficulty? I would rather arenanet made some nice new maps not bound to timer…. or fix bugs… or add more raids – but harder? so only 0,1% of players can enjoy them? nah..

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

What does that have to do with elitism…?

He basically said raids are not hard enough because PUG people can get it too… So he kitten ed even harder content so the ones who beat it can feel special, can feel….elite

He wants a challenge, which is completely fine. He also said that said harder encounters should be in a seperate difficulty without touching the “original” difficulty we have right now, instead of just ramping it up.
The raids in their current state are completely doable by everyone who is willing to improve and invest time into it. It’s great that we finally have content you can’t just roll through.

Even harder difficulty? I would rather arenanet made some nice new maps not bound to timer…. or fix bugs… or add more raids – but harder? so only 0,1% of players can enjoy them? nah..

It is clear you don’t enjoy hardcore content; at the same time there’s people who don’t enjoy open world content etc.
Instead of wanting the content to be easier, you should want to improve yourself in order to clear it. If you can’t/want to do so, then there’s plenty of other content for you to enjoy. Leave those who like the challenge their raids.

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

By enjoy you mean just handed to you? 99% of the PvE content in this game is Easymode casual sauce.

How about we actually have something challenging for once? You can’t beat it? Others have, so it’s not the difficulty of the raid that’s the problem.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

Will the raiders get out there credit cards and make up for the inevitable loss of income the game will suffer due to the casuals being locked out of the latest greatest must have legendary gear?And who is going to admire there new shinny legendary armours when the casuals that funded this game since launch have got sick of not getting to play what they paid for and the servers have shut down?

(edited by eldrin.6471)

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

If they are gonna start locking story behind raids then yes it needs a easy mode,
or just remove story from raids since so few will see it, and add it into a solo instance
like it should of been in the first place, did we not just go through this with the core game boss fight.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Will the raiders get out there credit cards and make up for the inevitable loss of income the game will suffer due to the casuals being locked out of the latest greatest must have legendary gear?And who is going to admire there new shinny legendary armours when the casuals that funded this game since launch have got sick of not getting to play what they paid for and the servers have shut down?

Yes, because “legendary” armor surely is legendary if everyone is running around with it… You said that as if there’s anyone who plays longer for a month who goes “wow, he has a legendary weapon!”. It’s more like “oh, another eternity.”

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Casual players aren’t going to quit playing Guild Wars because of one raid. You’re over exaggerating.

Legendary gear isn’t a must have, it’s a shiny bauble. Same goes for legendary weapons, heaven forbid we have to earn something for once. Heaven. Forbid.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

eldrin.6471

legendarys are not a must have item?Are you crazy?What else is it you think was behind most of the gem purchases in the last 3 years?Do you honestly think all the big spenders on this game just buy skins?You poor deluded soul

NovaanVerdiano.6174

legendarys are not a must have item?Are you crazy?What else is it you think was behind most of the gem purchases in the last 3 years?Do you honestly think all the big spenders on this game just buy skins?You poor deluded soul

Legendaries are a “want”, not a “must” in order to get through the game.
You want something of truly legendary tier? kittening work for it. Simple as that.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Lets see were this all goes when the people who spend real money and work for a living and don’t like that no life basement dwelling raiders get all the shinny s go elsewhere.
casual=more money than time and spends it on entertainment.

lol
So everyone who actually… plays the game for a few hours per day and manages to get something done is a no-lifing basement dweller? At first I thought you’re serious, but now it’s pretty obvious you’re just trying to troll.

eldrin.6471

I have played the game for over 3.5k hours and probably spent just as much in real money ie £3500. Maybe 40 years ago i would have been up to these raids but arthritis and age takes its toll.The point is this game has done a complete 180 on what it set out to be,and a lot of people feel betrayed and cheated.But have fun in your raids.time will tell what most of guild wars 2 customers want.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If only Anet knew how to make difficult content that wasn’t just a DPS check. The only reason the current raid wing is difficult is because your DPS team isn’t burning fast enough. It has nothing to do with mechanics because the actual mechanics are quite easy. It’s all about builds and whether you DPS team is running the pure glass cannon meta.

Either the Dev team is lazy or inept, or the game engine is just incapable of handling a boss that is more than a giant meat sac.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

If I may throw my suggestion:

2 raid difficulties please

1. Easy one – easier than what is now – for casuals. Les dmg to player, higher timer, less boss hp. To let casuals at least see the place. Learn the lore. Learn the encounter mechanics to later be tempted to try harder version. Rewards – some gold, some exotics, and currency – at smaller ammounts than hardcore level so you would have to work longer to gain ascended.

2. Hard one – harder than current difficulty – so those, who so desperately need challenge would have it. Or even gate it for guild-only groups. With full or even a bit better rewards than now and stuff for guild upgrades in somewhat big numbers (this would also help small guilds to develop their guildhall). So people would have reason to play it.

This would satisfy everyone, aye?

Posted by: brunobyof.3541

brunobyof.3541

Selfish skilled ppl dont want to see bad players with the same gear than they are using or claiming that raids are easy just like they do. Not having noob mode in raids make them feel more capable and more unique, besides they can always tell ppl who dont complete the RAID that they are not good enough and things like " maybe this contente is not for You".

Mortifer.2946

Exactly, and in the end it is not about their skill, which i dare to say is not better in many occasions, but about the fact they have enough time to spare and friends playing GW2 with them.

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Selfish skilled ppl dont want to see bad players with the same gear than they are using or claiming that raids are easy just like they do. Not having noob mode in raids make them feel more capable and more unique, besides they can always tell ppl who dont complete the RAID that they are not good enough and things like " maybe this contente is not for You".

I’m so very sorry, but you sound like a kid from first degree, complaining that your mates who can run keep playing hide and seek, not including you.

Harny.6012

Exactly, and in the end it is not about their skill, which i dare to say is not better in many occasions, but about the fact they have enough time to spare and friends playing GW2 with them.

A magician who can do neat tricks with cards, shuffle them quickly in a way most people deem impossible, isn’t skillful at all.
He just had those thousands and thousands of hours to spend…

From wiki
“A skill is the learned ability to carry out a task with pre-determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both.1 In other words, the abilities that one possesses. "
“Skill usually requires certain environmental stimuli and situations to kitten the level of skill being shown and used.”

Mortifer.2946

A magician who can do neat tricks with cards, shuffle them quickly in a way most people deem impossible, isn’t skillful at all.

From wiki
“A skill is the learned ability to carry out a task with pre-determined results often within a given amount of time, energy, or both.1 In other words, the abilities that one possesses. "
“Skill usually requires certain environmental stimuli and situations to kitten the level of skill being shown and used.”

I honed my gaming skills when you were in pampers.

Harny.6012

From wiki

I honed my gaming skills when you were in pampers.

Are you at least 43?
Or is this just your way of telling me you think I’m 13?
Do you not agree with me?