Raid population

Raid population

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I realty want Anet out give out a % of population that raids regularly. Just how many ppl even do raids?

I am asking all of this because raids has taken over balancing for classes and effects to the point of being harmful to other game types (that i feel are more played).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Raid population

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

And I though sPvP always crippled the rest of the game with stupid balancing decisions …

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Raid population

Jski.6180

And I though sPvP always crippled the rest of the game with stupid balancing decisions …

For a time it was but they did that split but for some reason the split was made between spvp and pve that it. No real split between raids open wold pve dungeons/fractal and wvw.

Raid population

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

If that split was complete. It isn’t.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Raid population

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I realty want Anet out give out a % of population that raids regularly. Just how many ppl even do raids?

I am asking all of this because raids has taken over balancing for classes and effects to the point of being harmful to other game types (that i feel are more played).

Raids haven’t “taken over” balancing; at worst, they have an influence on it.

Traditionally, game developers don’t release stats on participation. Part of the reason is that players tend to misinterpret raw data out of context from how its collected.

I’d prefer that they offer the data and the context — imo we aren’t likely to misunderstand it worse than our speculations in the absence of data. But until ANet hires me for a 7-figure salary I don’t deserve, I doubt they are too worried about my thoughts on this matter.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Raid population

Jski.6180

It never will be a complete split it cant be or your just playing different games. But to have raids become the main driving forces behind balancing on the pve side (with most likely the smallest population of gw2) is just wrong.

Traditionally, game developers don’t release stats on participation. Part of the reason is that players tend to misinterpret raw data out of context from how its collected.

I’d prefer that they offer the data and the context — imo we aren’t likely to misunderstand it worse than our speculations in the absence of data. But until ANet hires me for a 7-figure salary I don’t deserve, I doubt they are too worried about my thoughts on this matter.

Is that why there was a major nerf to traps for thf because thf where able to solo a raid boss? Or the reaper bleeds becoming stronger then the old chilling death because of raids and its lack of use in it. Or the ele power house metor becoming significantly weaker when landing more then one hit per mob / npc because of icd.

Its at the point that anet is willing to do hot fix balancing just to make sure raids and raids along are balanced and nothing else.

To pull this back to the point of this just what % of the gw2 population is playing raids? If you sit down just how many could realty be doing these when it takes the top level gear a very limanted number of players and a high end skill cap. Is this realty the way forward for a game like GW2?

(edited by Jski.6180)

Raid population

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Why it matter for open world? Its so easy that it dont change a thing.
Meteor shower nerf, how it affects open world, banner change, revenant F1….
It was not balanced around open world, because balance doesnt matter for open world. So they never buffed things for open world before raids, and not nerfed either.

Because it doesnt matter.

Raid population

Posted by: Grimheart.2853

Grimheart.2853

It seems that some people are getting really desperate in finding at least something to whine about in raids these days.

Raid population

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is that why there was a major nerf to traps for thf because thf where able to solo a raid boss? Or the reaper bleeds becoming stronger then the old chilling death because of raids and its lack of use in it. Or the ele power house metor becoming significantly weaker when landing more then one hit per mob / npc because of icd.

Its at the point that anet is willing to do hot fix balancing just to make sure raids and raids along are balanced and nothing else.

I’m not sure why you think that these skills didn’t need adjustment independently of raids. Meteorshower was OP’d in other game modes as well.

To pull this back to the point of this just what % of the gw2 population is playing raids? If you sit down just how many could realty be doing these when it takes the top level gear a very limanted number of players and a high end skill cap. Is this realty the way forward for a game like GW2?

Whether its 5, 10, or 50% participating in raids shouldn’t have too much impact on whether ANet ought to address under- or over-powered skills. Generally speaking, balance issues that affect raids are more urgent — players who are more skilled than I are going to notice issues more than I will and raids are designed with such players in mind.

I think it would be better still if ANet made adjustments more frequently. I’d like to see major balancing several times a year, with something that has a big impact on each prof in each game mode. And I’d like that to be followed up by more frequent adjustments in between the balancing patches. I’d also like to see more visible concern for the differences between PvE, PvP, and WvW; sometimes it seems like ANet has forgotten they made it easier to split skill effects.

As it stands now, we see such few alterations that we tend over-inflate the details rather than looking at the big picture.

Raid population

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

types like what?

Raid population

zealex.9410

For a time it was but they did that split but for some reason the split was made between spvp and pve that it. No real split between raids open wold pve dungeons/fractal and wvw.

explain to me how balancing with raids kittens up the 5 mans and the open world?

Raid population

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

explain to me how balancing with raids kittens up the 5 mans and the open world?

Some guy just needed something to pick on raids. He’s not even using logic, math or data, he’s using his “feelings”.

Raid population

zealex.9410

i mean did balance even matter in open world even if all the meta was with unarmed ppl they would still clear it. Fractal and dungeons are so faceroll easy you can clear them with everything

Raid population

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Hmm I mostly play open world and I have been using the same builds with the same stats for more than three years now (minus the elite spec ofc) on mesmer.

Raid population

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Some guy just needed something to pick on raids. He’s not even using logic, math or data, he’s using his “feelings”.

Think it’s the reverse and people defending the current state of raids.

Pvp/WVW is easy enough you’d have to be living under a rock not to notice that broken and exploitive builds roam free until vids of them soloing raid bosses appear.

As for PVE that too is pretty easy as unlike core specs the elites were made with roles in mind and those roles only exist for the one mode using roles that being raids. Elites so poorly vetted for PVE that builds like the frost gun literally went unchecked for over a year. It was fixed recently but that’s an entire year of a God like build eclipsing all other classes pushing those in tank and healing specs into bronze and silver because the lions share of the work went to the source of the godly dps.

As for raids themselves there the weakest mode and getting a lot of attention from Anet. WvW has near limitless rankings, PvP has seasons and WVW used to have that too, fractals have AR points, and dungeons have tokens/aetherblade keys these things have kept the modes alive for years and they’ve all been tested and mounted many hurdles. Raids on the other hand haven’t even hit there first hurdle that being its reward the legendary armor. Raids in other games are an endless treadmill of higher stats but this game lacks a treadmill. So once they get legendary carrot armor what can Anet possibly offer them? They can’t really add more legendary armor because for instance I have the Bifrost and since I have a legendary staff I find Nevermore to be redundant so I have zero desire to craft anymore legendary staffs and once people get their armor they’ll be golden.

Raids are an old MMO concept and if Anet has apparently ignored years of information regarding the mode. Raids grow from the ground up with developer created systems to get players into the mode, there needs to be a treadmill of prestige, and toxic players need to be separated best by giving them a hardcore mode so they don’t chase of new and interested players. Focusing too much on the upper branch of raiders has killed many an MMO. People are concerned for the health of this game as PvP and WVW has fallen in disrepair and Anet is putting all their eggs into raiding which could still fail. When everyone is in LA showing off their armor instead of in raids, when pvp is even thrown even more off balance when legendary armor users are swapping all there stats around before every game, and WVW gets worse when zeros can swap from nomads to beserker whether there seiging or defending what will become of this game with the weakened state the other modes excluding fractals are currently in?

Raid population

zealex.9410

Absolutelly biased its not the raiding reams fault that wvw team has only one dev and its on life support PVP had changes to the system with every season and seperate balance for some time now. Raids have the concept of tanking (control) healing (support)and dps which exists in fractals for along time and even in dungeons u were seen control and support utility. Hell even in fractals theres slightly the concept of agro management lol.

About the frost gun…. the game if full of such wierd weapons with theor own kits do you expect anet every time the make huge changes and introduce new wlite specs that they will go through all the weapons? Btw raids have nothing to do with the fact that deathly chill is broken and it synergizes so well with the frost gun which was made possible after the ridiculous buff to deathly chill as of last patch… So how the gun reaper combo is broken for years is beyond me.

Ppl asked for challenging content and the devs delivered ppl do them to a big extend for the replayability value and pretty much like how i do 100 cm every day because its amazing content. Raids have prestige in them in various achievements and skins. Ok, so legendray armor swapping will ruin wvw.. yeah sure legendary weapons which are a bigger boost in terms of stats than armor sure broke wvw real good… Pvp has and will get updates (diff team (i hope the have a team tbh)) that has nothing to do with raids wvw is in a sorry state because for anet apparently the biggest selling point of the game wasnt worth sustaining. THIS HAS BEEN THE ISSUE FOR FOUR YEARS…

PVE is fine lul the lw maps are boring with no actual reason to go back but thats the trade off for new map each release…. ack to the core specs and elite specs…. there was always the concept of support control and dmg in the game if you didnt see it you are blind. The game added for like 4 bosses the concept of tabking and the concept of fixations that doesnt mean an elite soec was made with tanking in mind. Name me one feature of chrono that makes it a great tank. (ill w8) Roles like druid or tempest which were made with more support in mind according to their traits were an attempt to open up more paths and builds for these classes which you can see everywhere for the random guy who runs healer reaper and tempest in meta to the ventari rev in fractaks or raids to the druid.

Raid i suppose are an old concept. But looking at how successful many mmos that have raids are i dont see why gw2 cant take their shot at raids. (the top 2 biggest mmos atm other than being sub based are also heavily focushed on endgame and raiding in specific just saying.)

Tldr you are biased and just because 1 or 2 teams do work inanet that doesnt mean you have to put the blame on them because wvw is terrible….

Raid population

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

As for PVE that too is pretty easy as unlike core specs the elites were made with roles in mind and those roles only exist for the one mode using roles that being raids. Elites so poorly vetted for PVE that builds like the frost gun literally went unchecked for over a year. It was fixed recently but that’s an entire year of a God like build eclipsing all other classes pushing those in tank and healing specs into bronze and silver because the lions share of the work went to the source of the godly dps.

This part of your post is so insane i just can’t believe what im reading. Godlike build eclipsing all others? If 10 people were using this in Open world PvE i’d be surprised of it. It got nerfed because they only just learned it because WoodenPotatoes made a video about it. Noone was using it before, have never seen a frostgun in raids (can you even use one in raids?). The elite specs werent made for 1 mode or dont have roles that only work in 1 mode? They work in dungeons and in fractals. A fractals is basically a 5-man raid so you still want a healer and a quickness giver there. Druid doesnt only serve a purpose in raids. You can use it in fractals, dungeons, WvW roaming, WvW zerging, PvP,….

Raid population

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

The whole rant about how raids don’t have a reward system that will keep people interested in it is also silly. First of all the reward is the content. Raids are designed extremely well, and have a well-written story. Secondly, they offer a good chance each week at getting ascended weapons and trinkets. (My bank is so full of raiddropped ascended weapons i’m running out of space). Besides that they offer cool unique skins and mini’s. And you also have tokens that allow you to buy asc gear, the unique skins, ghostly infusions (worth 200g).

Saying that dungeons are in a good place and the tokens keep the gamemode alive but that raids don’t have anything that will keep people interested is so obviously wrong.

Raid population

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Traps were changed because the ghost thief build was completely broken in WvW. People cheesing one boss over the course of 3/4 hours when you can just kill it normally in 10 minutes had zero impact on that.

Meteor Storm was nerfed because eles had the highest dps on large targets by far in every single PvE encounter, not just raids. And no one cares about reaper.

Anet make Rev great again.

Raid population

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I think this entire thread can be summed up with haters gonna hate.

So many misconceptions from people who clearly don’t raid and need a scapegoat for their dying WvW.

Raid population

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The whole rant about how raids don’t have a reward system that will keep people interested in it is also silly. First of all the reward is the content. Raids are designed extremely well, and have a well-written story. Secondly, they offer a good chance each week at getting ascended weapons and trinkets. (My bank is so full of raiddropped ascended weapons i’m running out of space). Besides that they offer cool unique skins and mini’s. And you also have tokens that allow you to buy asc gear, the unique skins, ghostly infusions (worth 200g).

Saying that dungeons are in a good place and the tokens keep the gamemode alive but that raids don’t have anything that will keep people interested is so obviously wrong.

wait they have a well written story? where?!!?!?!?!?

im bad at sarcasm

Raid population

Doam.8305

Absolutelly biased its not the raiding reams fault that wvw team has only one dev and its on life support PVP had changes to the system with every season and seperate balance for some time now. Raids have the concept of tanking (control) healing (support)and dps which exists in fractals for along time and even in dungeons u were seen control and support utility. Hell even in fractals theres slightly the concept of agro management lol.

About the frost gun…. the game if full of such wierd weapons with theor own kits do you expect anet every time the make huge changes and introduce new wlite specs that they will go through all the weapons? Btw raids have nothing to do with the fact that deathly chill is broken and it synergizes so well with the frost gun which was made possible after the ridiculous buff to deathly chill as of last patch… So how the gun reaper combo is broken for years is beyond me.

Ppl asked for challenging content and the devs delivered ppl do them to a big extend for the replayability value and pretty much like how i do 100 cm every day because its amazing content. Raids have prestige in them in various achievements and skins. Ok, so legendray armor swapping will ruin wvw.. yeah sure legendary weapons which are a bigger boost in terms of stats than armor sure broke wvw real good… Pvp has and will get updates (diff team (i hope the have a team tbh)) that has nothing to do with raids wvw is in a sorry state because for anet apparently the biggest selling point of the game wasnt worth sustaining. THIS HAS BEEN THE ISSUE FOR FOUR YEARS…

PVE is fine lul the lw maps are boring with no actual reason to go back but thats the trade off for new map each release…. ack to the core specs and elite specs…. there was always the concept of support control and dmg in the game if you didnt see it you are blind. The game added for like 4 bosses the concept of tabking and the concept of fixations that doesnt mean an elite soec was made with tanking in mind. Name me one feature of chrono that makes it a great tank. (ill w8) Roles like druid or tempest which were made with more support in mind according to their traits were an attempt to open up more paths and builds for these classes which you can see everywhere for the random guy who runs healer reaper and tempest in meta to the ventari rev in fractaks or raids to the druid.

Raid i suppose are an old concept. But looking at how successful many mmos that have raids are i dont see why gw2 cant take their shot at raids. (the top 2 biggest mmos atm other than being sub based are also heavily focushed on endgame and raiding in specific just saying.)

Tldr you are biased and just because 1 or 2 teams do work inanet that doesnt mean you have to put the blame on them because wvw is terrible….

I haven’t even given my opinion in making straight statements
Also there are many failed MMO’s look at the history of the ones that dropped their sub or simply don’t exist anymore. The top two MMOs are subbed based so constant content, stat increases, and difficulty modes to seperate the casuals and toxic elements. There is no bias and I don’t care how many devs are on each team the dmg is done the game has lost esports and other games have added there own WVW modes which WVW players feeling neglected are talking about and leaving for more and more.

People asked for hardcore PVE maps seperate from the core story areas such as in Gw1 and other games. In GW1 there were maps that you’d never step one foot in during the story campaign these maps lead to hardcore instances, small outposts with elite armor vendors, and people would literally pay others to run them through it. People wanted seperate over maps for Gw2 but instead everyone including the new and the casual were forced to go through. I made posts asking for raids to be added to this game myself however for me and others the only example we had was the Toxic Tower. TT was like a 25/40 man WoW raid and people began demanding raids in force. S1 proved you caneaids could be more than just mindless serfs. Imagine if they took this route and TT, Marionette, and the Fall of LA still existed today raids.

However they gave things that people didn’t expect and implemented them without much input in part cause this game lacks a PTR. My personal opinion is that Anet hasn’t done enough to ease the barrier of entry. Unranked in pvp, roaming in WVW, story in dungeons, pre at req in fractals, and so forth

Raid population

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Well I feel like the totally abandoned spvp part of this game sees way less play than raids. Both of us have 0 facts to support our claims.

Except for the fact that raids are going strong and arenanet hasn’t shown any indication of backing down from raid developement, can you say the same for spvp? Only thing that comes to mind is that they ended the hard spvp promotion push shortly before starting to fix the pve game and bringing GW2 back to a state where a lot of interest for the game is created.

I think this entire thread can be summed up with haters gonna hate.

So many misconceptions from people who clearly don’t raid and need a scapegoat for their dying WvW.

This, and for forum regulars the haters here are no first timers.

Some people just enjoy to keep venting and venting and venting and venting instead of accepting things and moving on.

EDIT: that being said, every time you see someone with mastery level 181 (adjust number in future for new maximum mastery level with raid mastery) you know they’ve killed at least 1 raid boss. I wonder how many of those people ever stepped foot in the spvp area.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Raid population

Doam.8305

Happens in other games all the time the casual raiders care more about content while the hardcore care more about the carrot.

If a game like WoW or FF14 didn’t offer gear with increasing stats with every raid then there raids would die. Raiding communities in all games thrive on this concept of constantly pushing there characters. In Gw2 we have legendary armor and that’s it and it’s the first hurdle you can’t make a comment good or bad about the future of raids until after they finally release the carrot. The casual raider who doesn’t care about loot and only wants the experience has to be lead into raids by the devs. WoW does it through lfr and other MMOs donor by making raids a natural and smooth progression from dungeons like in FF14. Gw2 does neither and casuals first go at raids are typically a toxic pug by groups more interested in getting farming in for their precursor armor than being a mindful mentor.

Legendary Armor actually damaging raids has actually been a topic of discussion for months and many people figured Anet would add additional systems before hand but apparently it’s slated for E5. Heck something as simple as gating mastery points and exp to the raids themselves thus giving a slight sense of progression and a reason for people to keep coming back to push that level like they do in WvW. However one boss kill, HoT points, and a few DS metas and raid mastery can be maxed with no reason to do anything extra. Also decoupling spirit shard aquisition from raid mastery cause nonraiders are forced to kill a raid boss before they can start to get spirit shards for maxing there exp bars. I have 181 mastery so I’ve done it but holding their exp hostage until they kill a raid boss is the reason so many players sit just shy of the mastery cap.

Raid population

Doam.8305

This part of your post is so insane i just can’t believe what im reading. Godlike build eclipsing all others? If 10 people were using this in Open world PvE i’d be surprised of it. It got nerfed because they only just learned it because WoodenPotatoes made a video about it. Noone was using it before, have never seen a frostgun in raids (can you even use one in raids?). The elite specs werent made for 1 mode or dont have roles that only work in 1 mode? They work in dungeons and in fractals. A fractals is basically a 5-man raid so you still want a healer and a quickness giver there. Druid doesnt only serve a purpose in raids. You can use it in fractals, dungeons, WvW roaming, WvW zerging, PvP,….

Yup bundles cannot be used in instanced content so you’d never see it in raids which is the point

As for its usage it’s not a flashy build the main tell you used to get was that the stacks of bleeds on the mob were represented by an exclamation mark. People used it all the time and it was great just like the afk Necro farming build which would also get nixed if used in raids it made things faster and easier for players even if it knocked some into silver and bronze.

Elites were made with raids in mind and back in my day we zerked our dungeons and we zerked our fractals trinity is an option but not needed. The raid issue comes with Anet trying to make each class viable for raids for instance Necro and Mesmer needed a raw dps increase and Anet gave it to them. They got them for raids but my Chrono already did really well in PvP since I whittle them down there is no timer after and the Necros already existing frost gun deal got buffed. It went from a superior to the other classes build to a godly build that WP decided to make a vid on.

Raid population

zealex.9410

I haven’t even given my opinion in making straight statements
Also there are many failed MMO’s look at the history of the ones that dropped their sub or simply don’t exist anymore. The top two MMOs are subbed based so constant content, stat increases, and difficulty modes to seperate the casuals and toxic elements. There is no bias and I don’t care how many devs are on each team the dmg is done the game has lost esports and other games have added there own WVW modes which WVW players feeling neglected are talking about and leaving for more and more.

People asked for hardcore PVE maps seperate from the core story areas such as in Gw1 and other games. In GW1 there were maps that you’d never step one foot in during the story campaign these maps lead to hardcore instances, small outposts with elite armor vendors, and people would literally pay others to run them through it. People wanted seperate over maps for Gw2 but instead everyone including the new and the casual were forced to go through. I made posts asking for raids to be added to this game myself however for me and others the only example we had was the Toxic Tower. TT was like a 25/40 man WoW raid and people began demanding raids in force. S1 proved you caneaids could be more than just mindless serfs. Imagine if they took this route and TT, Marionette, and the Fall of LA still existed today raids.

However they gave things that people didn’t expect and implemented them without much input in part cause this game lacks a PTR. My personal opinion is that Anet hasn’t done enough to ease the barrier of entry. Unranked in pvp, roaming in WVW, story in dungeons, pre at req in fractals, and so forth

I can agree this game would benefit massively from a ptr ans it well worth tthe cost if balance updates and everything fies there first for 4 weeks to a moths befire coming to the livegame. Esports leaving was entirely anets fault they brought it while pvp was a mess it got better but esport could not recover. Tbh conquest is also kitten if they wanted true chances for esports they should have had added arenas. Wvw is dying because of no communication and the speculation about anet having clompletely forgoten about it.

Raid population

zealex.9410

Yup bundles cannot be used in instanced content so you’d never see it in raids which is the point

As for its usage it’s not a flashy build the main tell you used to get was that the stacks of bleeds on the mob were represented by an exclamation mark. People used it all the time and it was great just like the afk Necro farming build which would also get nixed if used in raids it made things faster and easier for players even if it knocked some into silver and bronze.

Elites were made with raids in mind and back in my day we zerked our dungeons and we zerked our fractals trinity is an option but not needed. The raid issue comes with Anet trying to make each class viable for raids for instance Necro and Mesmer needed a raw dps increase and Anet gave it to them. They got them for raids but my Chrono already did really well in PvP since I whittle them down there is no timer after and the Necros already existing frost gun deal got buffed. It went from a superior to the other classes build to a godly build that WP decided to make a vid on.

u still zerk raids just one of your zerks eill have the agro and ifnyour group is good enough even your healers can go dpa and not care in the world.

Raid population

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It never will be a complete split it cant be or your just playing different games. But to have raids become the main driving forces behind balancing on the pve side (with most likely the smallest population of gw2) is just wrong.

No, it’s not wrong. What do you expect the balance to be around, open world? Hardest content is the only sensible measure of how good a build, skill or trait is. Much as I hate the Meteor Shower nerf, it was just a poorly timed knee-jerk reaction rather than something actually dictated by the raid environment.

Raid population

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

you can literally “raid” with a stick of butter in the open world content, what do you care about nerfs outside raid. If you can kill Caudecus with a stick of butter, what does it matter if some powerful spell does 1% more or less damage in open world?

Raid population

Jski.6180

Still nothing about population size i see. That is the main point i am trying to get at but i need to see why i wanted to know. This is not about the reason why i wanted to know but a blunt question what IS the population size of gw2 that play raids regularly.

I am not even sure if i could post enough to even talk about every thing brought up to counter my suggestion about why i wanted to know but if ppl truly believe that its not being balanced around raids what is gw2 pve side being balanced around? There are big problems with skills and how they have been updated in the last 3? months over all on the pve side seeing in wvw and open pve (not sure about dungeon / fractals.)

(edited by Jski.6180)

Raid population

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Anet won’t give out numbers.

According to the weekly usages of BDGM (provided by the developer on reddit) the amount of people using this particular meter is surprisingly high although we have to admit that there are definitely some PvP and WvW players using it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/661kll/bgdm_semiannouncement_about_current_statefuture/?st=j1xri197&sh=8e4869b2
On the other hand not every raider is running a dps meter. My personal subjective experience is roundabout 2-4 in pugs while in my guild it’s 5 out of 12 people. Additionally there are some other meters as well thus the number of raiders will be higher.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Raid population

Jski.6180

Anet won’t give out numbers.

According to the weekly usages of BDGM (provided by the developer on reddit) the amount of people using this particular meter is surprisingly high although we have to admit that there are definitely some PvP and WvW players using it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/661kll/bgdm_semiannouncement_about_current_statefuture/?st=j1xri197&sh=8e4869b2
On the other hand not every raider is running a dps meter. My personal subjective experience is roundabout 2-4 in pugs while in my guild it’s 5 out of 12 people. Additionally there are some other meters as well thus the number of raiders will be higher.

That good info. thank you.

I guess i though it had to be less because of the high gear cap and skill cap even organization cap. But numbers are number.

Raid population

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Still nothing about population size i see. That is the main point i am trying to get at but i need to see why i wanted to know. This is not about the reason why i wanted to know but a blunt question what IS the population size of gw2 that play raids regularly.

That’s been answered: we don’t know. We can guess. ANet (like other MMO companies) isn’t likely to release any metrics.

GW2 Efficiency has among the best “proxies” for measuring participation … and it isn’t very good; it depends on people creating an account and allowing their data to be collated along with others. Here’s what it tells us:

• 10% of all GW2/E accounts have at least 46 legendary insights, meaning they’ve been present at 46 boss kills over the 18 months since the first raid encounter was added. That’s also slightly better than one Escort kill/week since Glenna started leading us to McLeod.
  • Those numbers drop down substantially for players with fewer than 1000 hours in the game and triple for those with more. Of those with 4000+ hours, 20% have 126 LI.

It’s hard to conclude much from this data. For example, it’s likely that players with fewer than 500 hours aren’t signing up to GW2/E. We also have no idea how many people have logged duplicate accounts.

Looking at Provisioner tokens (ahem) provides us with some <cough> insight: it takes 300 tokens to craft legendary armor and only 0.5% of players with 2000 hours logged have that many, while hardly anyone has even as many kitten tokens. In other words: hardly anyone is preparing for this, according to GW2/E. That’s different from the impression we’d get reading Reddit or even some threads in these forums.

Another comparison might be looking at how many people own bauble infusions, which would serve as a proxy for counting skilled SAB enthusiasts. Only 1% with 500-1000 hours are registered with any; that goes up to 10% for those with 2000 hours.

Or in other words, based on GW2/E registered accounts, those with few hours tend to play neither raids nor SAB; far more of those with fanatic-levels of hours have participated in raids (high end group content) than trib mode SAB (high end individual content).

However, there are so many caveats to that comparison that it’s easy for people to draw different conclusions (trib mode SAB is, of course, nothing like raiding, for example).

In short, there’s no answer to your question because ANet won’t release the data (for reasons both good and … questionable). That’s why it’s worth knowing why you want the data — it might be possible to answer your question with an estimate or even a guess.

For example, I have no idea the fastest I can go on my bicycle (no speedometer). However, even without the approximate number, I can tell you, however, it’s fast enough to escape earth’s gravity, but only for a short period of time.

edit: I missed Bhag’s announcement with the stats. That’s probably a better proxy than GW2/E. Thanks to Vinceman for the link.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Raid population

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

you can literally “raid” with a stick of butter in the open world content, what do you care about nerfs outside raid. If you can kill Caudecus with a stick of butter, what does it matter if some powerful spell does 1% more or less damage in open world?

You can literally “live” in a fridge box under the bridge, why do you care about someone making your life worse outside of rich people society?
Other people paid same (if not more) money for that game as you did, and they have all rights in the world to demand attention just as you do.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Raid population

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

You can literally “live” in a fridge box under the bridge, why do you care about someone making your life worse outside of rich people society?
Other people paid same (if not more) money for that game as you did, and they have all rights in the world to demand attention just as you do.

This comparison is wrong on so many levels…

Raid population

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

This comparison is wrong on so many levels…

he’s just conveniently not understanding my point. Everyone who paid to partake in a sportsmanship contest should be in the finals, I think he means his argument is

Raid population

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

can i ask for these sPvP changes that effect raids?

Because the heavy majority of PvP community do not like the elite specializations.

From pro players like toker saying they were not good to average joes asking for a a que with no elite specs.

Im wondering what skills balance this is?

Raid population

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

If that were really true then I would be welcomed with open arms as Power Great Sword Reaper.

Raid population

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

That’s been answered: we don’t know. We can guess. ANet (like other MMO companies) isn’t likely to release any metrics.

GW2 Efficiency has among the best “proxies” for measuring participation … and it isn’t very good; it depends on people creating an account and allowing their data to be collated along with others. Here’s what it tells us:

• 10% of all GW2/E accounts have at least 46 legendary insights, meaning they’ve been present at 46 boss kills over the 18 months since the first raid encounter was added. That’s also slightly better than one Escort kill/week since Glenna started leading us to McLeod.
  • Those numbers drop down substantially for players with fewer than 1000 hours in the game and triple for those with more. Of those with 4000+ hours, 20% have 126 LI.

It’s hard to conclude much from this data. For example, it’s likely that players with fewer than 500 hours aren’t signing up to GW2/E. We also have no idea how many people have logged duplicate accounts.

Looking at Provisioner tokens (ahem) provides us with some <cough> insight: it takes 300 tokens to craft legendary armor and only 0.5% of players with 2000 hours logged have that many, while hardly anyone has even as many kitten tokens. In other words: hardly anyone is preparing for this, according to GW2/E. That’s different from the impression we’d get reading Reddit or even some threads in these forums.

Another comparison might be looking at how many people own bauble infusions, which would serve as a proxy for counting skilled SAB enthusiasts. Only 1% with 500-1000 hours are registered with any; that goes up to 10% for those with 2000 hours.

Or in other words, based on GW2/E registered accounts, those with few hours tend to play neither raids nor SAB; far more of those with fanatic-levels of hours have participated in raids (high end group content) than trib mode SAB (high end individual content).

However, there are so many caveats to that comparison that it’s easy for people to draw different conclusions (trib mode SAB is, of course, nothing like raiding, for example).

In short, there’s no answer to your question because ANet won’t release the data (for reasons both good and … questionable). That’s why it’s worth knowing why you want the data — it might be possible to answer your question with an estimate or even a guess.

For example, I have no idea the fastest I can go on my bicycle (no speedometer). However, even without the approximate number, I can tell you, however, it’s fast enough to escape earth’s gravity, but only for a short period of time.

edit: I missed Bhag’s announcement with the stats. That’s probably a better proxy than GW2/E. Thanks to Vinceman for the link.

I’d have to say that based on those statistics, very few people raid regularly. Raiders are much more likely to be game enthusiasts and registered with GW/E, so amongst the overall population we can assume the average number of LI to be much lower.
Is there a total number shown of GW/E registers, or does it only give %ages?

There are also people selling raids, so a number of people will have collected LI without really being fans of raids.

I’m sure people who do raids regularly ‘enjoy’ them. I prefer non-scripted encounters with real live humans, preferably a lot of them, and not knowing how they are going to react or play for the next ten minutes whilst I wear down 10m HP.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Raid population

Jski.6180

If that were really true then I would be welcomed with open arms as Power Great Sword Reaper.

I am all for more power dmg! Sadly there are things about mobs ai that make them not run away from the very slow reaper swing a much slower GS like human players. Part of the reason why raids balancing being carried over to “mobs” with real ai dose not work out so well. Only if we could get that human ai on the mobs in raids.

Raids are not for me and i do not think they will ever be but it seems that the balancing that hits wvw and open world pve hard is coming from this and the only way to coxes anet into doing something with balancing is to show an explications in raids.

I am just fearful that a small population is controlling a very big part of the game.

Raid population

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I’d have to say that based on those statistics, very few people raid regularly.

I would counter that with Baghawan’s dps meter numbers. “Very few” seems most unlikely to me

Raiders are much more likely to be game enthusiasts and registered with GW/E, so amongst the overall population we can assume the average number of LI to be much lower.

Wrong assumption – there’s a strong bias. Look at the registered people playing fractals regularly. On the basis of these numbers Anet should delete them instantly because very very very very few players registered on GW/E are playing them.

I am just fearful that a small population is controlling a very big part of the game.

Ye, I’m also sad that PvP and WvW as minor game aspect are controlling the way bigger part namely PvE in such extent. We can only hope that they separate PvE from PvP and WvW balancing with the expansion so we can play some distinct builds in PvE again.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)