Raid practice instance

Raid practice instance

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Currently once a group/players clear the raid for a week the instance becomes barren with no choice for practice. And people who haven’t done the raid are now facing exclusion and lack of experience to catch up. Also there are no way to redo the raid other than having someone who haven’t finished raid to open the instance and for groups who haven’t cleared having to wipe over and over just to get more hours in.

Basically I’m proposing a practice instance that gives no reward and only spawns bosses for practice. Bosses will respawn after being so groups can practice and try different comp. Groups who cleared the raid for the week will be able to practice more without having to find someone who haven’t done it and groups that are stuck on bosses can practice after they have cleared it.

The practice instance should include adrenaline mushroom, the rift, and a console per boss to respawn the encounter. This will allow those who started out to catch up and give guilds/groups instances that they can practice at will. This would also separate those who wish to catch up versus those who only complain without putting effort since people can record/stream their performance in practice instance to prove themselves.

Tour

Raid practice instance

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I like this idea. Something I hope Anet takes into consideration.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Glad i’m not alone on this; Killed VG twice (with about 10-15 fail/practise runs also).

But gorseval i can never EVER do, because now ppl only accept experienced, same for Sabetha. And overall (to me) they look easier on the video’s then VG (but that might be because doing it is harder then it looks on vid). Either way, no practise is a huge wall, to some player to progress further.

Also even getting in VG as a pug (my guild doesnt to raids) is very hard. A bit to hard imo.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I took me about 40 minutes to put together a random raid run. I’ve never raided before. We failed.

Start your own LFG and wait. You’ll get a group quicker that way than if you wait for ANET to try to fix the problem.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Its actually a lot easier to get access to a reset raid, just find anyone (LFG or friend or friend of a friend) to go open with a reset instance (wait until they load in) join it and there you go (you can even have the opener leave).

Gives you exactly what you want.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Its actually a lot easier to get access to a reset raid, just find anyone (LFG or friend or friend of a friend) to go open with a reset instance (wait until they load in) join it and there you go (you can even have the opener leave).

Gives you exactly what you want.

not really. Let’s say my group has finished VG or Gorseval to the death and we want to practice more on Sabetha after our full clear night. That leads to us either logging on our alts and opening the fresh raid and completing VG and gorseval again and again, or posting on the LFG which leads to more clutter in the open world tab and at the end feeling like we’re obliged to bring that one person who has Sabetha instance despite our wish to just practice Sabetha without killing her.

This leads to separation of groups even more. Veterans want people who already have cleared Sabetha several times due to raid lockout and fresh new comers cannot complete the raid because they cannot practice more than once a week due to reset. This leads to bad performance overall for the community because the groups value kills over execution which significantly increase the gap between competent/organized players and newcomers/inexperienced players.

In short, Guilds, LFG, friends, etc all require experienced people for raid for successful completion. However there aren’t many ways that people can get experience after VG because of weekly lockouts and lack of practice instance. If people were to practice they would actually learn the fights and improve instead of being kicked from parties/guilds/squad due to lack of experience. This would also help out the guilds who are attempting new tactics as they have means to practice instead of having to scramble for raid instances or suiciding at the end to not kill the boss.

Tour

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

posting on the LFG which leads to more clutter in the open world tab and at the end feeling like we’re obliged to bring that one person who has Sabetha instance despite our wish to just practice Sabetha without killing her.

Explain in your LFG post its just to open for you, you aren’t obligated to do anything but say “thanks!”

If “cluttering LFG” is your main complaint then the solution is perfectly fine.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

I think Spoj suggested it at one point, or something to the effect.

being able to “manually” reset the instance would be really good. If you have already capped shards and the like, being able to just reset the boss or instance in general would be a good thing, chance for practice with different characters. or the ability to do “record runs” for those guild that do that. My personal thing would be is that i use the green guardian trash to test builds and the like.

just letting us reset the thing would be a great QoL improvement,

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

There could simply be the option to reset any of the encounters like in the Living Story Achievements.
Put a button at each location and remove the rewards.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I will tell you what other people keep repeating to me:
Raids are supposed to be cleared only by the best players. If you can’t do it, you are just not good enough and you should play fractals instead. Also, any tools like improved lfg, easy mode, or practise mode would completely negate what raids are about.

….with their comments about “bucket of tears” I think the raid dev team shares this ideology with them.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Raids are supposed to be cleared only by the best players. If you can’t do it, you are just not good enough and you should play fractals instead. Also, any tools like improved lfg, easy mode, or practise mode would completely negate what raids are about.

….with their comments about “bucket of tears” I think the raid dev team shares this ideology with them.

One thing I found funny is that I don’t think the raid team is as connected with their content as you think.

One of the members of my guild got into a raid a couple weeks ago with one of the lead raid developers. Guy had an Anet tag and everything. He was the worst player in the raid. He got swatted out of the air on Gorse multiple times flying back to the platform. His response “wow, that is annoying, how long has it been doing that?” The guy was constantly being downed. It was obvious to everyone in group that he had little to no experience actually doing the raid. This was one of the guys in charge of developing this stuff!

Raid practice instance

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You know the best players got to the top by practicing right? This is a thread dedicated to ideas about helping players/groups have the ability to get more practice on their own time. How is your comment even relevant?

Side note, a practice mode is identical to the raid itself, you just don’t get rewards, the same way you get nothing after clearing the raid the first time(shards not included). It’s no different than having a player with the correct checkpoint opening an instance for you, it’s just a QoL change for those who want to get better.

Raid practice instance

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I was just pointing to the fact that topics like this one never succeed because elitists who don’t want many people to have their uber title and 2 mastery levels will always come and use their super arguments i presented above.
There were many suggestions how to make raids more accessible, now we just have to wait until the Q2 or Q3 update and see if arenanet listened (because they never actually confirmed they accept our feedback and working on improvements).

BloodyNine, I don’t know if that is funny or sad :)

Edit: for example, when i suggested raids should have story mode without rewards just to explore the area and see the story elements that are actually a prelude to LW3, I got crushed and obliterated by elitists who told me to go watch it on YouTube.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Raid practice instance

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine, I don’t know if that is dunny or sad.

We found it to be both!