Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

It’s horrible! after patch change, 1-2 tokens for fail in 3rd phase, and 3 shards + 8 (weekly) for kill … wtf.. we cant even cap it without force fail it 50..

EDIT: we killed all 3 bosses just to find out that we can’t cap the shards.. GG..

(edited by Firelysm.8190)

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Maybe the intent is for you to not cap it each week.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Firelysm.8190

First thing that comes up to my mind is:

• why don’t we get repeatable content in raids, we have rifts to skip them each week.
  • Why not encourage getting better, why encourage wiping in 3rd phase to get shards?
  • I see the bigger picture of forcing guilds to fail raids in order to extend raid schedule across multiple days, but that’s a sloppy solution.
  • Why not make repeatable content, while we can ask some one to open instance so we can replay it, another sloppy solution?

Today in 2 hours and 30 min raid, we did earn 32 shards [ keep in mind we killed all 3 bosses today ]…

ALSO, Anet promised dungeon nerf to make raids more rewarding, but where is the reward? I did pay 3,8gold for food, raid returned me 5 gold. And now even ninja shard nerf ?

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

BloodyNine.7504

• why don’t we get repeatable content in raids, we have rifts to skip them each week.
  • Why not encourage getting better, why encourage wiping in 3rd phase to get shards?
  • I see the bigger picture of forcing guilds to fail raids in order to extend raid schedule across multiple days, but that’s a sloppy solution.
  • Why not make repeatable content, while we can ask some one to open instance so we can replay it, another sloppy solution?

Today in 2 hours and 30 min raid, we did earn 32 shards [ keep in mind we killed all 3 bosses today ]…

ALSO, Anet promised dungeon nerf to make raids more rewarding, but where is the reward? I did pay 3,8gold for food, raid returned me 5 gold. And now even ninja shard nerf ?

Well, time gating things aren’t new to this game.

When something like this comes up. I assume it is by design. Just learn to go with the flow. You will enjoy life a lot more.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Firelysm.8190

Well, time gating things aren’t new to this game.

When something like this comes up. I assume it is by design. Just learn to go with the flow. You will enjoy life a lot more.

I went with the flow a lot, but now the flow is to strong for to long, the wind is fading my brother.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

BloodyNine.7504

@Bruno – I don’t think he was referring to NOT getting shards for failing. I read the original post as the rewards for succeeding are not high enough. It sounded like the OP wanted to kill 3 bosses and get to the cap for the week.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

@Bruno – I don’t think he was referring to NOT getting shards for failing. I read the original post as the rewards for succeeding are not high enough. It sounded like the OP wanted to kill 3 bosses and get to the cap for the week.

K. The previous post was a bug fix that reduced the numbers upon success. I thought that one might have had something to do with his complaint.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

BloodyNine.7504

K. The previous post was a bug fix that reduced the numbers upon success. I thought that one might have had something to do with his complaint.

Ya, but the rewards pre-bug weren’t 30+ shards per boss were they? Which is what you would need to max out weekly if you one shot all three bosses.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Ya, but the rewards pre-bug weren’t 30+ shards per boss were they? Which is what you would need to max out weekly if you one shot all three bosses.

K. Since they weren’t relevant, I deleted the posts.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

It’s not 8 weekly… You get 8 each time you downed a boss, as long as the instance owner never killed that boss that week. So yeah, go out and help some new people kill the boss,

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It’s not 8 weekly… You get 8 each time you downed a boss, as long as the instance owner never killed that boss that week. So yeah, go out and help some new people kill the boss,

I thought you were locked out from shards from said boss if you killed it that week.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

I thought you were locked out from shards from said boss if you killed it that week.

Nope, every kill will earn you 8 shards. You’re only locked out of your weekly reward drop (the one that has a chance of giving ascended stuff)

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Nope, every kill will earn you 8 shards. You’re only locked out of your weekly reward drop (the one that has a chance of giving ascended stuff)

Thanks for clearing that up. Learned something new.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Thats the reward, 1.2g enjoy it. If you want more reward buy gems→convert to gold.
/sarcasmoff

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If you killed all 3 bosses like you’re saying you did… then you should have gotten a minimum of 12 gold.

Anet make Rev great again.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Exotrax.4207

Exotrax.4207

The rewarding system for raids in GW2 is a total joke.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Look, Sunshine, we all know ANet likes to be very stingy with rewards. We also know that this is supposed to be just the first in a series of raids. This is the easy one. The low reward one.

You don’t really expect worthwhile rewards from it, do you? I mean, I’d kind of hope that anyone far enough into the game to be doing raids would know better….

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

The cap is there for a reason. So that you cant get more than they want you to. Why add the cap at 105 when they want us to only get 50? Makes no sense.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Beast Sos.1457

Look, Sunshine, we all know ANet likes to be very stingy with rewards. We also know that this is supposed to be just the first in a series of raids. This is the easy one. The low reward one.

You don’t really expect worthwhile rewards from it, do you? I mean, I’d kind of hope that anyone far enough into the game to be doing raids would know better….

And the rewards are low, so why nerf the spirit shards? Its not like you can make money off them. Anything you buy is account bound with them. Spirit shards were meant for people with kitten luck like myself to be able to buy asc gear and minis. I’ve cleared VG atleast 10 times and no mini no asc no nothing.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

And the rewards are low, so why nerf the spirit shards? Its not like you can make money off them. Anything you buy is account bound with them. Spirit shards were meant for people with kitten luck like myself to be able to buy asc gear and minis. I’ve cleared VG atleast 10 times and no mini no asc no nothing.

It’s quite likely that the raid is being beaten more often and sooner than they expected. So, nerf the rewards.

The more paranoid part of me also thinks that maybe they wanted to start the rewards out high to get people raiding, and now they’ll slowly lower them before the next raid is put in. That way, the new raid only has to have better rewards than the current raid rewards to seem worthwhile, instead of having to compare to the original raid rewards.

It’s not like they haven’t done something similar in other parts of the game recently, right?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Beast Sos.1457

It’s quite likely that the raid is being beaten more often and sooner than they expected. So, nerf the rewards.

The more paranoid part of me also thinks that maybe they wanted to start the rewards out high to get people raiding, and now they’ll slowly lower them before the next raid is put in. That way, the new raid only has to have better rewards than the current raid rewards to seem worthwhile, instead of having to compare to the original raid rewards.

It’s not like they haven’t done something similar in other parts of the game recently, right?

I understand what you’re trying to get to but my point is that its fine that the rewards from the chests are the greatest but the shard cap is there for a reason and its not so no one can reach it, its that you cant over farm the shards. Its not like you can make gold off the shards, everything is acc bound.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

You cap on shards if you clear the raid twice.

What i believe ArenaNet wanted/accomplished/you should do is:

You cleared the raid and want the cap? help/teach people out on raids and you will get the cap.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

What i believe ArenaNet wanted/accomplished/you should do is:

You cleared the raid and want the cap? help/teach people out on raids and you will get the cap.

That seems stupid.

First, Anet comes at us saying that Raids are supposed to be difficult content and won’t be easily cleared [by everyone]. Thus, the pre-patch shard rewarding made sense; there was incentive for trying yet failing. Now, they’re coming back saying it was a “bug” and that the shard rewards was higher than what was designed. So now for those of us that have refined strategy and can regularly beat the bosses we have two choices to cap:

• Run the raid/bosses multiple times
  • Fail bosses over and over once again

Better yet, let’s go out and help/teach others to clear the raid so we can all get shards!!!!!
/s

I can see behavior like these being plausible in other games where there’s an artifact or item hidden behind a drop table which would encourage multiple runs, but we already got two gates limiting our rewards so why add the extra feeling of grinding?

What I think would be fair to ask for is a full raid clear offering the full amount of the capped rewards. In other words, doing the raid from start to finish would get you all your shards as well as your 3 boss loots. That, and we can keep failed attempts more or less where they’re at so that players see the heavy incentive in bettering their skill to actually beat the bosses rather than failing over and over again.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: BATMAN.6794

BATMAN.6794

Hes totally right. The rewards are poop. The very beginning was fine. People got rewarded for their work they put in. Some feel it was too much. Anet nerfed it to hell instead of slowly dropping it down to a feel good position. I think the idea of nerfing the shards at phases was a good compromise, but they did it wrong yet again. Phase 1 1 shard is perfectly fine right. Phase 2, we get 2 shards, ehhh maybe il let that pass. Phase 3, 3 shards? I think maybe that would be ok if EVERY TIME you got it to that phase you earned 3, but instead of doing that it decreases each time you repeat it if you failed, so it drops to 2 if you fail again, and then down to 1 shard and stays at 1 shard if you keep failing. That is where anet went wrong. I also want to comment on the rewards that you can pick from with your shards. Right now, we can get minis, or ascended armor/weps. Ye, thats ok, but what if you already have those things? The infusions you say? Ye thats cool, but what else? Nothing you say? You’d be pretty correct if you guessed nothing. We have such limited rewards that are of any use or are any bit cool besides ascended and the infusions. I dont know if they plan on adding stuff later, but as of right now its just awful.

Desert Borderlands suck bring back alpine til new ones are revamped

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You need to clear it more than twice to reach the cap.

Okay, so run this by me: If I have 10 players in my guild that I clear the raid with, we are supposed to kick one of them to “help/teach” people in order to re-launch the raid and then get our Magnetite Shards? What about that one person we just kicked? Does he make his own raid? Do we split into two groups of 5 and get 5 new people?

I don’t care what you (or ArenaNet) think the “intention” was, in practice it’s arduous and stupid.

Anyways, call me crazy, but getting 1 shard for wiping on a boss every 5-10 minutes with a group learning it again isn’t enough incentive for me to help them when I could instead just re-launch the raid and clear it all in 40 minutes with my guild.

The point is that holding the Magnetite Shards hostage for the sake of helping others isn’t working that well; it’s a lot of negative reinforcement that’s souring players’ experience of the raid. It doesn’t feel good to earn them, and it doesn’t feel good to skip them either. It would have been better if ArenaNet gave a better incentive for re-clearing the raid that didn’t involve this currency, but with other things players want. It doesn’t have to be gold; it could just items and/or more experience. For example, if you got 50 Wintersday Gifts from each boss, you might feel like your time was worth it for helping others kill a boss instead of walking away grumbling and counting your pennies. (Magnetite Shards)

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

P.S. – Clearing it twice isn’t enough, so you’d have to do all of this again. Call me crazy, but getting 1 shard for wiping on a boss every 5-10 minutes with a group learning it again isn’t enough incentive for me to help them when I can just re-launch the raid and clear it all in 30-40 minutes with my guild.

^

The rewards were fine at first since there was some ROI for the time spent helping other players. Nowadays you get next to nothing on repeated failed attempts, and a minuscule reward for actually beating the content. I understand players shouldn’t be getting this stuff for free, but right now there’s barely an incentive to clear the content more than once a week other than those who want to grind shards…..yay, more grinding.

The rewards aren’t that convincing either, well, to the point to where I feel compelled to invest time grinding the currency:

-A handful of exclusive skins
-Ascended items with selectable stats
-Ascended boxes
-Mini’s
-Underwhleming Infusions (the selling point being the aesthetic effects)

I’m assuming Legendary components for the armor will be tossed in here, but that’s much further into 2016 so maybe that hype train will get refuelled then.

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Except there’s really no indication this is the “easy one” – future raids will most likely have different mechanics but I doubt they’ll get significantly harder.
The rewards aren’t terrible – nor are they stellar – my belief is that these initial rewards are bad because they’re meant to be “good” in the context of a full raid released – with you being able to do all 3 wings ( 3 × 3 bosses) gaining a total of 36 gold a week + shards and other drops.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Raid shard reward?!?!?!

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You need to clear it more than twice to reach the cap.

Okay, so run this by me: If I have 10 players in my guild that I clear the raid with, we are supposed to kick one of them to “help/teach” people in order to re-launch the raid and then get our Magnetite Shards? What about that one person we just kicked? Does he make his own raid? Do we split into two groups of 5 and get 5 new people?

I don’t care what you (or ArenaNet) think the “intention” was, in practice it’s arduous and stupid.

Anyways, call me crazy, but getting 1 shard for wiping on a boss every 5-10 minutes with a group learning it again isn’t enough incentive for me to help them when I could instead just re-launch the raid and clear it all in 40 minutes with my guild.

The point is that holding the Magnetite Shards hostage for the sake of helping others isn’t working that well; it’s a lot of negative reinforcement that’s souring players’ experience of the raid. It doesn’t feel good to earn them, and it doesn’t feel good to skip them either. It would have been better if ArenaNet gave a better incentive for re-clearing the raid that didn’t involve this currency, but with other things players want. It doesn’t have to be gold; it could just items and/or more experience. For example, if you got 50 Wintersday Gifts from each boss, you might feel like your time was worth it for helping others kill a boss instead of walking away grumbling and counting your pennies. (Magnetite Shards)

Agreed – it’s not working out – raid groups are supposed to be units of people that work well together – I have an established group and rarely if at all raid without them or in other groups.
Are we supposed to drop out teammates? Or play without them?

The whole idea behind raids was that it was difficult content that you engaged in with a set group and grew together into a more effective team – essentially working to better yourselves developing synergy and a sort of “trust”.
That did work – and I have experienced that. Does Anet really expect us to drop our teammates and colleagues that we’ve been raiding with just so we can get decent rewards?

I said it before – the “it was a bug we just fixed it” is something you’re going to see much more of in the future – best way to stealth nerf anything. Call it bugged – say you “fixed it”.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”