Raid speed clearing?

Raid speed clearing?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I know I kind of promised to avoid interfering with speed clearing rules. As a summary, there was a drama about it and a meeting was held where it was decided that leaders of major guilds should make initiatives and decisions. My job would only to be implementing them. But quite a long time has passed since raids were released so I feel something should be done.

So what I’m wondering, is there really no interest towards speed clearing raids?

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

you’re a handsome fellow

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I have a hard enough time finding a group to do any kind of clear
speed clears would certainly be welcome, but

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

I actually hate you

very special guild tag [tX]

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

The linear nature of raids make them not very appealing for speedclearing, there’s only so much to do differently. The fact that you also need to find people to open instances for you after every time you reset is an enormous waste of time and people only have so much of that on their hands.

As sad as I find single boss speedkills or these in different low-man formats, these seem to be the way going forward unless something is done at least about the effort that is required to reset a raid instance after every attempt.

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Ye, makes sense. I just occasionally get people asking about it so I felt like I should do something about it. From my end, most of the stuff has been ready since HoT. Just no point implementing the rest without categories / rules.

Fractal speed clearing is also one open thing.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

ATM, the different categories that I could see are individual boss kills and go by how much time is left. Also stipulate that the boss can’t be moved from the starting point prior to starting like you can on Gorseval.

For full raid speedclears, I would look at pretty much the same rules we had for dungeons and fractals. Clock starts when anyone moves or uses a skill at the beginning, no character swapping, clock stops when final boss dies.

You could then also have different categories for the same with different numbers of party members.

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Ye, makes sense. I just occasionally get people asking about it so I felt like I should do something about it. From my end, most of the stuff has been ready since HoT. Just no point implementing the rest without categories / rules.

Fractal speed clearing is also one open thing.

Now that you mention fractals, in that recent AMA they said they’re currently reworking a few things in them and working on new fractals altogether. When is this supposed to ship into the live game? I have no idea but I guess setting up things for fractal records now with a rework that could warrant a complete change a few months (I hope) down the line would be a waste of time.

Raid speed clearing?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Now that you mention fractals, in that recent AMA they said they’re currently reworking a few things in them and working on new fractals altogether. When is this supposed to ship into the live game? I have no idea but I guess setting up things for fractal records now with a rework that could warrant a complete change a few months (I hope) down the line would be a waste of time.

Soon™.

Honestly, how many times have they promised/claimed to be working on upcoming stuff for fractals (wvw works here too)? How many times have they delivered?