Raid wing 3

Raid wing 3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hi All,

Has ANET given any hints when raid wing 3 is coming out?

I know there is usually a big PR Fest before they release the wing.
With many of the hard core or naturally gifted players clearing wing 1/2 frequently – we are looking for info on wing 3…

Breadcrumbs …

Pigeons …

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I am pretty sure it will be out soon. And I mean really soon, not the soon Anet is usually using.

Not even Anet will make such a blunder and not make their first raid at least complete to appease the angry and quick to bore birds to stay within your analogy.^^

Raid wing 3

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

on the reddit AMA Mike says: Further on, we’ll launch the next raid wing in May or June, then Living World and the next quarterly update.

Raid wing 3

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

on the reddit AMA Mike says: Further on, we’ll launch the next raid wing in May or June, then Living World and the next quarterly update.

Of course they also said in that AMA that 3 legendary weapons were almost done and the others would be coming along at a 1 per month pace… so….

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of course they also said in that AMA that 3 legendary weapons were almost done and the others would be coming along at a 1 per month pace… so….

And that they have reached the sustainability that lets them reach their goals without needing to resshufle devs from one project to the other.

We all know how that ended.

Honestly, i believe that raids are the next content to be cancelled, though there is possibility that they will do that only after making the third wing (as it would let them dissolve the team without needing to inform anyone).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

And that they have reached the sustainability that lets them reach their goals without needing to resshufle devs from one project to the other.

We all know how that ended.

Honestly, i believe that raids are the next content to be cancelled, though there is possibility that they will do that only after making the third wing (as it would let them dissolve the team without needing to inform anyone).

Yeah.

After wing 3, people expect maybe a 6 month break until the next raid. So what Anet will do is cancel raid development right after wing 3 comes out, but not make an announcement. That way they can hold customers for maybe up to a year, waiting for the next raid. “It’s coming soon! Stay excited!”

Of course, the negative is when they finally do announce the cancellation, people will be angry that Anet was “working” on the new raid for a year only to finally kill it. Anet can’t give an explanation because they won’t want to say that raids were actually cancelled long ago.

Probably the same thing happened with the Legendaries cancellation.

Raid wing 3

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

I extremely doubt they’ll cancel raids considering that team has pushed out more content per worker than anyone else at anet by far, and from all the information I’ve gotten raids are going very well in game. The team said they’d be doing more raids after this one at a rate of about 1 wing per 2 months (and if the third wing coming out in may or june is correct they are actually pretty close to meeting that).

Also just the fact that its by far the best quality PvE content they’ve ever made.
(and yes I’m even including gw1 in this).

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Isn’t the raid team relatively small? I really don’t see them getting shuffled off of raids, given the quality of their work so far. If anything, I’d like to see the team get expanded and do some work on 5 man content as well.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Raid wing 3

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Isn’t the raid team relatively small? I really don’t see them getting shuffled off of raids, given the quality of their work so far. If anything, I’d like to see the team get expanded and do some work on 5 man content as well.

the “problem” here is that the legendary devs were moved to the LW group, they were a team of 6 people. The raid devs are a team of 6 people……foreshadowing!

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It will land between the spring seasonal patch (April) and the summer seasonal patch (July). This lines up very well with a May or June release date.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Raid wing 3

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

My guess is it’ll arrive in july, june if we’re lucky.

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I extremely doubt they’ll cancel raids considering that team has pushed out more content per worker than anyone else at anet by far, and from all the information I’ve gotten raids are going very well in game. The team said they’d be doing more raids after this one at a rate of about 1 wing per 2 months (and if the third wing coming out in may or june is correct they are actually pretty close to meeting that).

Also just the fact that its by far the best quality PvE content they’ve ever made.
(and yes I’m even including gw1 in this).

I wouldn’t count on that “1 wing every 2 months”. Between wing 1 and wing 2 we had almost 4 months. Also wing 2 has barely any events between the bosses and certainly feels shorter (Not that it’s a bad thing).

Btw about future raids and wings: I’m pretty sure they said that not every raid will have 3 wings and that not every wing will have 3 bosses. So even after the first raid we might see a single boss raid/wing in the future.

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

our team a bit slack :P we are so busy in real life that we only just started w2 last Saturday :o lol slow down… not too fast pls

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Raid wing 3

Rising Dusk.2408

My assumption based on their past release cycles is that wing 3 will come out in June.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

All they need to do is release 3-4 raid wings a year and people will be satisfied

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Raid wing 3

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

All they need to do is release 3-4 raid wings a year and people will be satisfied

Yup.

At the rate the “average” raider is able to kill every boss in a wing, I would say that rythm is pretty good.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Raid wing 3

Rising Dusk.2408

We don’t really know what shape the next raid will take after Forsaken Thicket Wing 3, but Anet did mention somewhere that they’d consider implementing raids as part of Living World. It’s possible we might get something along those lines in September-ish when Living World Season 3 has started back up!