Raids Need Their Own LFG Tab [Merged]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: risuyorutaka.9538

risuyorutaka.9538

The title basically says it all. I really wouldn’t be saying this if it weren’t for the fact that Raid-related LFG listings (most of which that I see are sales, which aren’t allowed in LFG and I diligently report them) are clogging up the PvE Open World LFG tab so badly that it’s almost impossible for me to find taxis to world bosses and map metas. I understand the Raid players need to advertise just as much as everyone else, but to me leaving them to list in Open World makes as much sense as not having a Fractals tab. Which is none. I hope the devs will take this idea into consideration and implement a raiding tab in LFG.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I don’t see an option for the raid in the LFG window… Why is this?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

I don’t see an option for the raid in the LFG window… Why is this?

Cause common sense isn’t as common as you think.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The LFG tool needs a bunch more slots for groups. Each maps Meta event needs a slot and kitten RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS need their own slot, preferably with the ability to see more than 4 people before the LFG closes.

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Parties don’t accommodate 10 man groups so it wouldn’t eve be that effective. I do agree that it needs to exist simply so it’s not just another thing clogging up open world lfg.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

They should add a raid finger like in WoW.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

As far as i remember, they said NO to a Raid Finder and YES to a LFG Category for Raids

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

As far as i remember, they said NO to a Raid Finder and YES to a LFG Category for Raids

You are correct. There will be no Raid Finder. They don’t want the majority of players (casual players) to be all over raids, cause it’s simply not meant for them.

Apparently only those who are interested in raids will find a raid related guild or something.
But I do agree, the LFG tool is horrid as it is now and needs a revamp.

NapTooN.6283

You are correct. There will be no Raid Finder. They don’t want the majority of players (casual players) to be all over raids, cause it’s simply not meant for them.

Apparently only those who are interested in raids will find a raid related guild or something.
But I do agree, the LFG tool is horrid as it is now and needs a revamp.

you can still use the LFG to create a PUG-Raid.

• Open a Squad
  • Check the LFG for Raid Entries
  • decide which one you want
  • type /squadinvite “Name”
  • repeat until your Squad is full

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

They should have added an LFG for raid and build templates the same day the raid went live. How can they not think of this?

It feels the raid release is rushed and is lacking of convenient tools.

Posted by: Joshua.1920

Joshua.1920

The new Squad UI is incredibly confusing for me. How exactly are we supposed to find and recruit people for a raid group? If I post something through the lfg system I will end up with a party of 5, how am I supposed to conjure up the next 5 people? I don’t know anyone and so I am left to spam map chat with requests for people. When people leave the raid after rage quitting the first time they die, I have to leave the instance and stand around waiting for more people to whisper me, then sometimes after I right click on their name I get no prompt to invite to squad.

How on earth is this simple? It’s confusing as heck when there is no explanation given to us on how to operate the new system aside from ‘lots of people can join together’.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

They flat out told us that raids were npot designed to be PUG content, and that none of the design of the UI or LFG would be changed to help people PUG them.

The fact that you’re PUGging a raid in the first place is the problem, not the lack of LFG.

Raids are intended to encourage people to form regular groups that learn and progress through the encounters together.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The reason this is so confusing is because Anet had no plans on creating a raidfinder. People are simply using the LFG for it because there is no other way.

I strongly recommend to play this kind of content with a guild or friends though.

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

That’s the thing, not all guilds are 50+ ppl strong… I play with a group of 4-5 ppl that play regularly, so am I just boned then? IMO thats kittening bullkitten.

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

Joshua.1920

That’s the thing, not all guilds are 50+ ppl strong… I play with a group of 4-5 ppl that play regularly, so am I just boned then? IMO thats kittening bullkitten.

Exactly. I’ve never experienced this kind of treatment from anything in the game. All content has been designed for 5 or less people. So my group is 4 friends and me. That is our guild. Suddenly I am expected to have 10 close friends out of nowhere and amazing communication with them all.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Exactly. I’ve never experienced this kind of treatment from anything in the game. All content has been designed for 5 or less people. So my group is 4 friends and me. That is our guild. Suddenly I am expected to have 10 close friends out of nowhere and amazing communication with them all.

…out of nowhere? It has been known for a long time raids will require 10 people.

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

I don’t get this logic either, it can’t be that difficult to implement a seperate tab for raids, and as for the argument of “Oh its not meant for PuG’s” I have news for you, I ran with a PuG group earlier and we got very close to killing veil guardian, like it or not people are going to be PuG’ing the raids, and as of now all of the LFR’s are cluttering the open world content section…so I really don’t get the logic, if PuG’s want to run raids (which they do) why can’t arena-net implement such a simple system?

Look I get that raids were designed with guilds etc. in mind, but I don’t get why PuG’s can’t have a separate tab to make it easier, not everyone has the time to join a specific raid guild and only run raids at a specific time, for a company that’s so eager to promote “meeting new players” this system seems to completely fly in the face of that

If Arena-net doesn’t implement such a system then Open world content will just continue to be cluttered with LFR, and that will annoy other people

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’ve stated that raids are supposed to be done with guild groups. If your guild is too small, then your gameplay is not supported.

Yes pugs are finishing the raid right now, but that’s probably not intended. The raids just weren’t as challenging as Anet thought they’d be.

Posted by: Northwinds.3045

Northwinds.3045

Thanks for the recommendation Einstein!

The reason this is so confusing is because Anet had no plans on creating a raidfinder. People are simply using the LFG for it because there is no other way.

I strongly recommend to play this kind of content with a guild or friends though.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

If you want to use LFG, you can leave the squad and recruit the rest of your raid group via LFG, then tell them to /squadjoin on someone in the squad

I think there will be a third party raid LFG organizer eventually, if one isn’t implemented in game. The demand is there for sure.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Raid finder will not be supported but LFG is, who knows why they didn’t add it in yet.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

Everyone I have ever played has quit the game, I couldn’t even convince people a few months after launch to pick up the game because they read reviews about the lack of endgame and they’re certainly not going to start playing 3 years into it. I joined a small guild a few months ago but there’s like 12 people in it and the most i’ve ever seen online was like 5 people. I never cared to join a larger guild because I didn’t see the point. I knew that all this new content would release and I wouldn’t have anyone to play with.

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I never cared to join a larger guild because I didn’t see the point.

Perhaps the point of joining a larger guild is that you can find enough people to raid?

I am getting sick and tired of Anet saying “you’re not supposed to play like this”, “we don’t want you to do this (dungeons)”. People obviously want to pug raids, so give us tools to do so!

(edited by ferdi.1452)

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

Perhaps the point of joining a larger guild is that you can find enough people to raid?

Ok I thought I made it pretty clear but for the past 3 years there really has been very little incentive to join large guilds or pve orientated ones. All of the content was primarily tailored for smaller groups, even large open world events like marionette and vinewrath are designed for small 5 man groups in each lane, before the scaling kicks in, that is how you would clear it the fastest. I get that raids are a completely different ballgame but when you look at the scribe skill and the new guild leveling system you can’t deny it’s there to shaft smaller guilds and it’s just pointless to progress that way.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

In all the MMOs I’ve played, the raids end up being pugged. In the beginning? Not so much. But later? Yeah, definitely.

It’s not a matter of if but when.

NapTooN.6283

The new Squad UI is incredibly confusing for me. How exactly are we supposed to find and recruit people for a raid group? If I post something through the lfg system I will end up with a party of 5, how am I supposed to conjure up the next 5 people? I don’t know anyone and so I am left to spam map chat with requests for people. When people leave the raid after rage quitting the first time they die, I have to leave the instance and stand around waiting for more people to whisper me, then sometimes after I right click on their name I get no prompt to invite to squad.

How on earth is this simple? It’s confusing as heck when there is no explanation given to us on how to operate the new system aside from ‘lots of people can join together’.

You don’t have to leave the Raid to fill the Squad:

• Open the LFG
  • Read the endless LFR Entries under the Open World Tab until you find a Profession you want in your Squad
  • Hover over their Entry to see their Name and keep it in Mind
  • Type /Squadinvite P41nk1ll3r1337
  • repeat until your Squad is full

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They flat out told us that raids were npot designed to be PUG content, and that none of the design of the UI or LFG would be changed to help people PUG them.

This is actually outright wrong. They said that we were never getting a raid finder, which is just another way of saying that you won’t ever be able to queue up for a raid and join it with 9 other random people. They will eventually be adding LFG support for raids.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Mhur.2904

Mhur.2904

This is WoW all over again.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

maybe its time to resurect the http://gw2lfg.com/lfgs/new
For raiders to get their groups up to snuff.

Posted by: Northwinds.3045

Northwinds.3045

The arguments supporting ArenaNet’s decision to forgo a raid finder are merely repeating the fact that there is no raid finder. Not one argument holds water or even offers an opinion. I’ve read “if you are not in a large guild then your play style is not supported”. Really now? Well on Tarnished Coast from what I gather with my 3+ years of playing the VAST majority of people are in very small guilds if any at all, very few guilds dominate. Then I’ve read things like “It’s not supposed to be pug-ed”. Really again? How come then on the first night with 4 first timers and one guy who new the raid we got over 60% done on the third phase of the last boss? Also what about all that training and pug-ing we did in the dungeons and fractals? They are merely a smaller version of a raid. Oh here’s one: you need to find 10 friends. You actually know 10 people in your life that play GW2? Well lucky you. GW2 is a game with almost zero random social interaction. There is simply NO chatter on the chat channels. People rarely chat even locally. Arena Net didn’t even give us a global LFG chat channel. Furthermore get real, even kids don’t have 10 friends that all play the same games. My 12 year old son has a ton of friends and they all play games but it’s all very fragmented. Me living in a obscure place called the West coast, I am already past prime play time as the rest of the country logs off and then there is not much activity until Australia kids get home from school in the early AM my time. So I can hang around the portal, which worked on day 1, but now at day 3 no one hangs out there. This entire game community is based on pug-ing. We do it in the open world, we do it in dungeons. We’ve even done it in raids if we’re lucky. I am open minded and would love to hear a logical argument on why no type of LFR functionality exist. Cause the only good argument I can see is this: Arena Net wants to step into raiding slowly, give it a chance to develop a bit, see how it goes and then in the future open it up with tools that help people group up. Also give the community time to learn the raid. Remind me, didn’t this happen with the original release? Wasn’t the LFG tool added after the fact?

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

This is WoW all over again.

I’m really hoping the lack of features of these raids (LFG, difficulty modes, dps meter) is just a case of them having to rush the expansion out before Christmas.

There’s a lot of basic raiding features competing games have had for years that are completely absent from the current raids in this game.

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: geoffreypickering.3905

geoffreypickering.3905

A way to introduce raids into lfg which automatically creates squads could be very helpful for players with small guilds or who cant get the numbers for a raid. It is very hard to create a pug raid group at the moment and means less people can access them. Any thoughts are appreciated

Posted by: metal chill.8490

metal chill.8490

just kind of annoying having to sort through open world content for raids, or vice versa sifting through LFR to find open world content. at the very least raids seem deserving of its own section anyway.

Joshua.1920

Some very good points here as a response to my post. Glad to see I’m not alone in thinking that this incredibly fast turn of going from a focus on small groups and solo content to suddenly needing large guilds and large groups of ‘well connected friends with good communication’. It’s not a bad thing, but it for sure isn’t supported in the current state of the game and for the last 3 years hasn’t had any need for it, so most people aren’t prepared for it.

Posted by: Agaetis.4518

Agaetis.4518

Ppl should just find a guild they can raid with. In gw2 ppl can be in multiple guilds so no problem to be in ones with different focus.

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

The expansion has been out for over a month and there’s still no good way to find a group to raid with unless you know people already. Isn’t a dedicated spot for raids on the LFG list something that should have been included on launch? Make a tab for the raid on LFG and let us sort by which boss we want to kill.

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

There was some dev information that they would not add raids to the lfg as they intended raids to be done by established groups, not by pug’s (or should that be “purs” “pick-up raid squad”?)

Posted by: chrisnx.1674

chrisnx.1674

and thats the reason the whole lfg system is broken right now.
you cant find anything in there its just a total mess

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

There was some dev information that they would not add raids to the lfg as they intended raids to be done by established groups, not by pug’s (or should that be “purs” “pick-up raid squad”?)

I dont understand them then as there are many good players out there, and a pug turns into an organized one with ts when they know tacs. Its like anet doesnt believe in their own playerbase, that we dont have the ability to adapt and progress as individuals, if they go along with the quoted sentiment.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Public groups are more than capable of completing raids so I don’t understand the prejudice against them. I’ve actually done better in them than in some of my organized groups, and even beat Gorseval today in one!

For a decent group all you need to do is make sure you get the right people from LFG, which would be made a lot easier if it had its own tab.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I dont understand them then as there are many good players out there, and a pug turns into an organized one with ts when they know tacs. Its like anet doesnt believe in their own playerbase, that we dont have the ability to adapt and progress as individuals, if they go along with the quoted sentiment.

Seems they’re trying to attract new customers that are used to more “traditional” MMOs. So they need raids.

But raids are “supposed” to be really hard content. Hard enough that pugs should be unable to do them — otherwise it makes the game look bad. And if you think your raid is too hard for pugs, why would you create an LFG for it?

Of course, reality is that the raids are puggable, and lots of pugs want to do them, and so no LFG is a problem.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well raids are actually easier do with PUGs because you can just kick all party members who fail until you have 10 perfects players who have viper, zealot what ever gears, most expensive runes and sigils and so on. When you run with guild you can’t be total kittenhole.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well raids are actually easier do with PUGs because you can just kick all party members who fail until you have 10 perfects players who have viper, zealot what ever gears, most expensive runes and sigils and so on. When you run with guild you can’t be total kittenhole.

A valid point, but success in raids probably has more to do with having a group that can perform the mechanics and understands them on a very strong level. It doesn’t matter how perfect your gear is if you don’t push back seekers or focus on your rotation at the expense of dodging out of bad stuff.

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I use LFG to pug raids all the time. I throw my commander tag up, then go through all those LFG requests to join a raid, and invite them to my squad. Simple really.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

They didn’t want to have to figure out how to make LFG and squads work.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They didn’t want to have to figure out how to make LFG and squads work.

Pretty much this^^

Remember, up until a week before HoT, using their squad UI crashed the game. Imagine if they tried to tie that into other game systems.

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

LFG needs a revamp. It’s woefully out of date since HoT released and theres a dozen different things to group up for that don’t fall under any of the categories. They need Meta event categories and Raid categories for sure.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They never said this.

Colin said they would not do a “raid finder”, which means they are never going to create a queuing system where you queue up for a raid and then join an entire group of randoms. People have been consistently misinterpreting this to mean that ANet said they will not have raids in the LFG and that is absolutely wrong.

The only reason raids don’t have a spot in the LFG is because raids are done by squads and not parties and there is no tech in the LFG to handle squads at this time. They are aware of the desire for it, and I am confident they’re working it, but it is not an easy solution that can be pushed in less than a month, especially considering so many developers are committed to addressing other things across the game.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

The only reason raids don’t have a spot in the LFG is because raids are done by squads and not parties and there is no tech in the LFG to handle squads at this time. They are aware of the desire for it, and I am confident they’re working it, but it is not an easy solution that can be pushed in less than a month, especially considering so many developers are committed to addressing other things across the game.

OK, so just add a new slot under dungeons or something that uses the current party system. That’s all people do now anyway; one person leaves the squad and finds people through open world LFG. It’s not a perfect solution but it’s much better than what we have now, and I don’t see why you couldn’t have it up and running in an hour.

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

The reality is, people have been using lfg for Raids since day ONE! How they wouldn;t have perceived this is bewildering.

Make a tab for it kitten .