Raids Need Their Own LFG Tab [Merged]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Well raids are actually easier do with PUGs because you can just kick all party members who fail until you have 10 perfects players who have viper, zealot what ever gears, most expensive runes and sigils and so on. When you run with guild you can’t be total kittenhole.

A valid point, but success in raids probably has more to do with having a group that can perform the mechanics and understands them on a very strong level. It doesn’t matter how perfect your gear is if you don’t push back seekers or focus on your rotation at the expense of dodging out of bad stuff.

Obviously pugs can do that, too. Our raid guild started as a pug and today we’re a group of friends running around with the Eternal title. People should be allowed to use the lfg system to pug, find new friends, guild, whatever. It’s a mmo after all and not addding a category for raids won’t stop people from pugging it, it will only make open world lfg messy.

Frankly, I enjoyed the most progressing with the same group of people rather than finding pugs every night to be able to do raid, but not everyone has that and no one should be prevented from at least trying to clear the raid.

Edit: Also, when we were doing progression we made clear what we want from people – using ascended, food and all this stuff. This was already within the guild and there was no one having an issue with it. We did have a mesmer with exotic swords, but we didn’t kick him because we knew he was good. It’s not only about food and armour, but also about trusting people doing their best. You can have people in best gear who will just not do their best, you can have people in exotic making more effort. It’s all about people.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

Posted by: ViolentMuffin.9573

ViolentMuffin.9573

I also agree that raids should be added to LFG. When you add a tool that helps players to find a group, they’ll use it for different kinds of purposes and for whatever content there is. So adding a dedicated tab/category will be just more convenient for the users. And it doesn’t matter that LFG is tied only to parties and not squads – as was described above, we already have a method to bypass it.

So please, ArenaNet, just add this single tab and do whatever improvement entire LFG requires, we need this tool right now.

Plus, I think GW was always about accessibility and not restrictions. So let players do raids in pugs or organised groups. However we manage – it’s our business. :P

Violent muffins and murderous puddings! Roar!

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

I’d give it a month or 6 until they add this.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well raids are actually easier do with PUGs because you can just kick all party members who fail until you have 10 perfects players who have viper, zealot what ever gears, most expensive runes and sigils and so on. When you run with guild you can’t be total kittenhole.

As a raid leader in a guild, I’m starting to agree with this more and more. =/

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Many people say its not meant to be PUG-ed, it should be a guild endeavor…or what ever.

The LFG says otherwise. Either ban everyone from posting LFR anywhere, or make a kitten LFR in the LFG.

If the programmers are so inept then here is my solution, just rename the Personal Story tab to Raids. Simple, get the intern to do it.

Posted by: Fox.3562

Fox.3562

The idea of raids being unpuggable is silly. People thought Lupicus was incredibly hard on release, and now people easily solo him. With enough time, people will learn the mechanics.

Potato Plant
Good Fights [GF] Mesmer

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

the World Event LFG is a mess. I really don’t get what they though about it. People are looking for people if they want it or not. So why not add this… And also add individual LFGs for SW and the four new maps.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This seems to be their line of thought:

1. The target audience for raids are for guild groups.
  2. They’re supposed to be too hard for pugs.
  3. LFGs are for bringing together pugs. Guild groups have no need for it.
  4. So creating LFG for raids is a waste of time.

The reality, however is different as raids have turned out much easier than Anet anticipated.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The reality, however is different as raids have turned out much easier than Anet anticipated.

It’s right in-line with what they expected. Furthermore, they knew people would want LFG for raids, but the tech wasn’t there for it and it would’ve taken a lot of time to get it done. Rather than hold raids until the LFG was done, however, they released raids and will likely work the LFG issue into a future release.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

It’s right in-line with what they expected. Furthermore, they knew people would want LFG for raids, but the tech wasn’t there for it and it would’ve taken a lot of time to get it done. Rather than hold raids until the LFG was done, however, they released raids and will likely work the LFG issue into a future release.

It is literally just a tab named “Raids” within an existing interface that people can post in. I would have agreed if you said they needed time to revamp the whole LFG interface at once.

Rising Dusk.2408

It is literally just a tab named “Raids” within an existing interface that people can post in. I would have agreed if you said they needed time to revamp the whole LFG interface at once.

You’re incorrect because the LFG doesn’t support squads at this point in time. ANet doesn’t want to implement a half-baked solution as you’re suggesting because that creates more work in the long term, and so they have to develop the tech for squads to use the LFG before they will add a raid area. Also, assuming that “it is literally just a tab” is very dangerous; the system is a lot more complex than that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

1. The target audience for raids are for guild groups.
  2. They’re supposed to be too hard for pugs.
  3. LFGs are for bringing together pugs. Guild groups have no need for it.

This is not correct though, the only thing that bring guild people together is the guild tag and chat etc., and many guilds are just social people or people interested in slightly different parts of the game.
There are many people out there that feel like they are the only one(s) in their guild that is both motivated, and capable, of raiding. These people have to go to the LFG system and try to find other of these “lone raiders in guilds of not many raiders”.
A “pug” of capable, motivated players is a far better group than a group full of “non-raider” guildies. Being in a guild doesn’t inherently make those people willing and capable to raid.
There needs to be a better solution for all lonely raiders to find other people like them, as right now it is just barely functional.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Laziness. Don’t believe any other lies.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

There’s totally no difference between a pug and a group lol, there are good pugs there are bad pugs, good groups and bad groups. In a pug it’s just that we don’t know each other, where does it say that we have to know each other to be good lol. At the end of the day it’s the players who determine if the raid is a success or not. Pugs can use ts, groups can use ts, pugs can have optimal dps setups, groups can also have optimal dps setups, pugs can have full eternal title players, guilds can have full eternal title players. There’s basically no difference between a pug and a guild group in terms of capability to clear the raid.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Because arenanet is dumb enough to assume that if they didn’t add an LFG tab for raids that people wouldn’t use LFG to post raids.

Seriously arenanet. Did you not forsee this issue?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

keep bumping this one up plz,

pro’s: open world list will be slower
easier to find people/groups.

con: would have to be grayed out for free too play/ base game only players

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

lloydst.6985

keep bumping this one up plz,

pro’s: open world list will be slower
easier to find people/groups.

con: would have to be grayed out for free too play/ base game only players

lloydst.6985

oops double post (tried to post during a internet lagg spike)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

+1

/15char and some

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I pugged twice this week. Went 1/1 on VG and like 1/10 on gors. Had gors at like .1% health 4 times. But I say that isn’t too bad.

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

yes pls, lfr in its own tab.

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

Is there a plan to add a channel for raids in LFG like there is for dungeons. Open world channel is meant for odds and ends that don’t fall into the other categories, but so much falls into that with the new update it’s completely fuster clucked. It’s where people post for the meta events for the 4 new maps, and SW still, raid groups, group heropoints, the wintersday stuff, and the occasional mispost still. Raiding really needs it’s own channel at least if it’s going to have multiple raids latter on.

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

ya this would be nice. Whats the easiest way to find a pug raid ?

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Alot of player already wrote about this need, but id like to propose something more specific for helping pugs to make a party with some improvement, like other games already have.
I d like to be able to make a lfg with x healing, dps, condi, tank spot, so everyone could apply his role for fast fullfill the team.

For example i open a new raid party in lfg with 3 condi spot 1 tank 1heal 5 dps, other plwyer can join and apply for his role

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

RAids are not for random pugs. Besides that, ANET does not have the technology for 10 man lfg

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

Just completed first boss with random pugs. Don’t see why it cannot be done, as long as everyone knows what to do. This would only speed the process of finding a group for raids.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

lfg is not for sellers but they do
a friend of mine have killed sabetha with pugs, so if players is good and know how to, u can do everything you want
should be a good quality of life improvement for everyone

Posted by: Hakuryuu.8634

Hakuryuu.8634

RAids are not for random pugs.

“random pugs” do better than your dedicated raid guild

Posted by: arakkune.1429

arakkune.1429

Has there been any information if raids will have a separate tab in looking for group? Or there is no chance of it being implemented it looks pretty ridiculous seing lfr in the open world tab

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The official response was that the LFG tool was not designed to handle 10 player parties. When asked if we could just get a Raid tab with proper subsections for the current LFG to at least help with the clutter we were told that it would be more efficient to invest time in the more proper tool rather than patching a work around in meantime.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Atm the lfg can’t handle 10-50 man squads. Previously it was stated that there were no plans to support squads in the lfg since raids weren’t supposed to be content you found 9 pugs and completed. I haven’t seen any news since that, but I know there was supposed to be a release on planned updates and changes for 2016 at some point.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It was also then suggested they make a new tab just for raids even tho it can’t support the 10 man. That would still be a large improvement over the chaos we have now. But they said if they are going to j vest in it they want to do it right. So that sounds like that’s a no.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Is it too much to ask that Spirit Vale be added to the LFG below Arah?

Raids are meant to be significant content, at least enough so that it justifies its own LFG section. I can’t imagine that non-raiders are particularly happy with the open world getting filled up with raid LFGs.

savacli.8172

There was already a few threads about this a while back

TL;DR
Devs aren’t going to spend time on a temporary fix which is what they refer to revamping LFG with new tabs for Raids. They are not wanting to make LFG squad compatible. They are not wanting Raids to be LFG friendly since their end goal is players signing up on dedicated teams rather than going through the content with pugs.

Not that I agree with any of that, but that’s what I remember being the final stances.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

There was already a few threads about this a while back

TL;DR
Devs aren’t going to spend time on a temporary fix which is what they refer to revamping LFG with new tabs for Raids. They are not wanting to make LFG squad compatible. They are not wanting Raids to be LFG friendly since their end goal is players signing up on dedicated teams rather than going through the content with pugs.

Not that I agree with any of that, but that’s what I remember being the final stances.

They should just say that there’re too lazy to do it and instead make cheap stuff for gem store…

savacli.8172

Eh, I think that biggest avocation we had from the raiding community is that we would be content with a least the new tabs to be able to clean up the mess that’s Open World LFG. Apparently re-doing tabs like that is not as easy as we think it to be and time would be better spent developing a more appropriate tool. However, there was no mention what said tool would look like if/when the dev team decides to push it out.

In other words we have two extremes: no LFG accommodation (which is what we have now) while the other extreme is a queuing system similar to what we have seen in other MMO’s. Players are annoyed by the lack of LFG adaption and Devs want to stay away from the queuing system for understandable reasons. Though any further discussion was shot down about a middle ground with the typical “we’ll think about it”-esque of a response.

Rising Dusk.2408

See Colin’s recent post on the subject here.

ArenaColin

Love the short term problem solving – wish it was easier for us to to do a quick short term fix. (sadly nothing with LFG is easy or quick)

I did want to quickly point out the team is aware of the recent discussions around things that aren’t working (or missing) from LFG and have it included in the list of “resolving outstanding issues” that is our goal for the spring update in April.

Not entirely sure what will actually make it yet LFG wise since it’s all in development – we’ll give more details once we’re sure.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

To be honest, raids are a waste of time now, I suggest people to do fractals instead until they add a LFG section, because now 90% of raid experience is forming a group, which can take hours for only one or several tries if people do not ragequit…

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

See Colin’s recent post on the subject here.

ArenaColin

Love the short term problem solving – wish it was easier for us to to do a quick short term fix. (sadly nothing with LFG is easy or quick)

I did want to quickly point out the team is aware of the recent discussions around things that aren’t working (or missing) from LFG and have it included in the list of “resolving outstanding issues” that is our goal for the spring update in April.

Not entirely sure what will actually make it yet LFG wise since it’s all in development – we’ll give more details once we’re sure.

We pretty knew that it was his stance and that’s kind of the problem. I still continue to think that putting 2 freaking new tab would take a very very very small amount of effort. Hell, they could even just rename some of the useless tab that already exist.

The expansion is 4 months old. If they still didn’t made that change it’s because they want to do more than just add 2 tab. Great, but during this time the community still have to work with a crappy LFG where everything is in the same tab. They push back a tiny but super important fix, just to be able to do a complex, but highly optional fix.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

indeed
dunno why it hasn’t happened. should be a trivial addition if the code follows any sort of logic

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Yours is not the first post nor will it be the last post. Other items like trait saves have been asked for. And its 3+ years later and still no trait saves.

Originally there wasn’t even a LFG tab… it was done outside of Guild Wars on a website.

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

The devs have stated before that the addition of a Raid tab isn’t as easy as you might assume.
This is mostly because the current LFG is centered around parties of 5.
Raids would be centered around squads of 10.

Nonetheless they are looking into it as they’ve said during the AMA on Reddit and although it won’t be released during the upcoming quarterly update in April they’re trying to get it out asap.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

So they should make a separate thing called LFR and have it separate from LFG.

Thaddeus.4891

That would need as much work Firebird if not more because you would have to code it from scratch.

To be honest, I well aware that having a proper LFG that work with the squad will take time and work. What i can’t understand is why they don’t had some LFG tab for raid. It won’t make it work with the squad, but it’s a change they can do in less than an hour and will fix the biggest problem (everything is a mess in the same tab right now).

We can have our proper LFG that work with squad later.

Rising Dusk.2408

They’re working on this actively. They’re targeting the spring seasonal patch in April for this, though it is not confirmed that it’ll make it yet.

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

They’ve been aware but are trying to add it to the seasonal patch in April

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

omg I couldn’t agree more. +1

bumpy bump bump. Sort it out Anet, and break it down into people forming a raid group and people wanting to join a raid group.

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

do you really want to get your raid flooded with every green wearing character that happens to decide he wants a carry?

bad idea

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

The devs have stated before that the addition of a Raid tab isn’t as easy as you might assume.
This is mostly because the current LFG is centered around parties of 5.
Raids would be centered around squads of 10.

Ideally, yes. But in the meantime, just slap on an extra tab in lfg. Not making the quick fix seems a bit like just letting someone bleed out while you take them to the hospital.

Thaddeus.4891

do you really want to get your raid flooded with every green wearing character that happens to decide he wants a carry?

bad idea

You are aware that people already use the LFG to raid yah? The only difference is that we want quality of life to make that process easier. AKA not make a mess out of the open world tab and not having to make a party to invite people from the LFG.

So either you are wrong, or raid are already flooded with every green wearing character because the LFG is already use for raid.