Raids Need Their Own LFG Tab [Merged]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I would like to raid on all these contents.

The biggest challenge is finding a raid group. The second biggest challenge is finding a raid group that doesn’t fall apart easily.

I am starting to think raid is a becoming a mistake if the biggest challenge is not the boss itself.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

They have already stated that they are working on making the lfg compatible with squads and that there will be a raid section then.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

They have already stated that they are working on making the lfg compatible with squads and that there will be a raid section then.

you don’t happen to have a link to where/when they said that?

LFG is probably one of the main reasons I don’t raid atm. They need to make it easier to create or join groups.

Posted by: Hamdy.7895

Hamdy.7895

Hello Anet,

I don’t know if this is the right place for a request (but I’ll post it here anyway).

Is it possible that the LFG-Tool gets a raid section so people are able to form raid groups in a more convenient way.

I personally find it pretty hard to join a raid group in the way it is now.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

They have said both here and on Reddit that they are trying to get it going. If I remember correctly. The problem is the way LFG works now it would require an entire rework of the whole system to implement. It isn’t a quick change and they would have to put a fair amount of developer resources towards this one issue.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Post about raid LFG

ANet Steven
RazahIsBack

Still waiting for a proper LFG system for raids so I can start doing them… any year now.

We’re working on it. It won’t be there for the second wing on Tuesday, but we’re doing our best to try to get it out in the next feature update. Thanks for your patience!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

i’ve said this multiple times and i am sure most of you will also feel how i do but i will not be trying raids fully for gw2 until they sort out LFG and allowing you to recruit a 10 man party for raids, please for god sakes create the tab and let people who rely on LFG to experience raids the way they should have been looked for in the first place.

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

Posted by: Cuddles.5724

Cuddles.5724

You won’t be trying raids fully yet?!?!?! OH MY GOD WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITHOUT YOU!

Posted by: Dragon Masher.5749

Dragon Masher.5749

one less person to carry.

Posted by: Avarice.2791

Avarice.2791

I mean, in all seriousness I hope you realized they announced they were doing this.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

i’ve said this multiple times and i am sure most of you will also feel how i do but i will not be trying raids fully for gw2 until they sort out LFG and allowing you to recruit a 10 man party for raids, please for god sakes create the tab and let people who rely on LFG to experience raids the way they should have been looked for in the first place.

completely agree!

When they introduced raids they should of added a raid tab in LFG and had the functionality to have 10 slots. At the moment its a messy solution to lump it with World Content.

Posted by: Decaying Seart.6793

Decaying Seart.6793

Well, personally found that it was really hard to LFR a squad. I believe others have such experience as well. So would Anet maybe fix this by adding a new way of communication? Or…….Anet staff also playing this thing right? Can they offer free runs? >_<

Decaying………..heart………………

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

Just wondering why this hasn’t been made yet. You have so many people posting in open world content doing LFR and when you do this you get removed after about 2 minuets. It would seem very logical that we would make a own panel for raiding in the LFG system.

I understand that it might be hard to put into the game, but if one of the main focus points for GW2 right now is raiding, then why not put in the effort to make this a thing. Not only that, but it would make it more easy for raiding guilds/PvX guilds such as mine to recruit people who actually want to raid.

~Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

This has been mentioned at least 14 million times at this point. They are working on it. It is taking a lot more work than people initially expected. Something is coming. Hopefully soon.

Posted by: Leafstorm.1349

Leafstorm.1349

With Anet it might need to be mentioned at least 14 million times more for them to make it happen. Things only get traction if they have a voice. Its nice to be told that they’re still thinking about it.

Leafmender, Leader of Lion Knight.
Zoe Nightmare (Necro)

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Soon™

It’s on the table™

Also, the table™ is on the table™

NSPride <3

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

Anet is currently working on a proper squad lfg if that is your issue.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I would like to raid on all these contents.

The biggest challenge is finding a raid group. The second biggest challenge is finding a raid group that doesn’t fall apart easily.

I am starting to think raid is a becoming a mistake if the biggest challenge is not the boss itself.

Blame the missing DPS meter and other missing tools that show what the problem in your group is. (Besides failing mechanics)

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

do you really want to get your raid flooded with every green wearing character that happens to decide he wants a carry?

bad idea

You are aware that people already use the LFG to raid yah? The only difference is that we want quality of life to make that process easier. AKA not make a mess out of the open world tab and not having to make a party to invite people from the LFG.

So either you are wrong, or raid are already flooded with every green wearing character because the LFG is already use for raid.

and the LFG purgatory is where they stay, if actually added this feature to the LFG they could instantly join your raid without any screen -just like dungeons. so no we don’t want this added

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

and the LFG purgatory is where they stay, if actually added this feature to the LFG they could instantly join your raid without any screen -just like dungeons. so no we don’t want this added

?? What?? Having a seperate LFG for raid and Open world doesn’t remove any screening, it just make the LFG more clear and usable without having to search through widely different LFG that have nothing in common.

Making the LFG compatible with Squad doesn’t remove the screening if you want. You will still be able to create a LFG for raid with a party to screen people if that’s what you want. Or you can simply screen people in the squad since the Commander can kick anybody, and don’t need a vote.

Anyway, they already announced that they will change the LFG in that direction.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Is there an LFG for raids being made? I feel like thats something that should be added. I understand their still being made but just a broad one would make lfg much smoother.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: jacceb.7918

jacceb.7918

Yea it’s on the way