Raids..Now impossible for newcomers?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

To sum it up, if you aren’t succeeding in raids because you refuse to be a team player, this is totally working as intended.

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

Change isn’t my issue, the issue is the people demanding clones for meta and nothing else. Sure not everyone but 90% of the guilds teaching do demand such a thing and are hostile to anything less.

Think about what you wrote: what is more likely to happen? You quitting raid/give up on your stupid “refusing meta” or “90% of the guilds teaching” change their mind? :P
Give yourself the answer because raid is possible for newcomers but not for necomers like you who are so mind blocked on a stupid idea of “not changing build because mine is better” u.u

Posted by: Triggerbrand.8072

Triggerbrand.8072

A very good troll indeed

Posted by: Sabetha.4910

Sabetha.4910

I’ve just had a two hour in game conversation with the OP via whispers and quote "being the “nice one” typically doesn’t get you anywhere in life". On responding to me asking him why he thinks its ok to be a kittenbag, he responded with “why wouldn’kitten it works more often for most cases on aand off game”.

I tried giving an example of him getting a new job with no experience and being the guy that tells his boss that he can do his job better than the boss and he replied back that he’s done that and it provides new perspective to his boss.

The entire conversation summed up to him saying not playing friendly with people and being a jerk is more productive and meta builds aren’t good to him because he personally didn’t test or come up with them and he doesn’t wan to run them.

If anyone want screenshots of the conversation, I’m willing to provide.

LOL, since when did being hostile and edgy get anyone anywhere? More than willing to bet whoever this is has no real working experience.

On the plus side, I’ll be keeping an eye on this person (being on the EU side myself) and warning any fellow raid members if he ever shows up. I have no interest in coaching people who bring such an attitude to a team game.

Posted by: Singarti.5862

Singarti.5862

Are the raids terribly hard for newcomers to get get in? Yes. Allow me to elaborate.

I am an Oceanic player and have started playing GW2 in roughly November of 2015. Being quite casual in this game since I actively raid in another MMORPG called Wildstar, I have still managed to accumulate somewhat a little over 3,7k AP, crafted a full set of ascended gear for all slots but the second aquatic weapon and got to the Expert level fractals from scratch.

As I was still learning the differences and mechanics of GW2 combat and stats I took advice from one of the numerous YouTubers, went to Metabattle and got myself a viable build for my profession, a PS Berserker Warrior. I have watched and read a couple of guides on a what the dungeon/raid role of this profession is and have been playing in that build ever since. Needless to say, my ascended gear has the current meta zerk stats with appropriate runes and sigils.

Now I come to a point where I’ve seen the fractals, dungeons and their multiple paths, world bosses, massive map-wide events and have maxed out all of the available mastery tracks, sitting at the mastery level of 161. I realize that there’s one more track that is unlocked after defeating a boss in Forsaken Thicket. Well, seeing as GW2 raiding is one of the few types of content that I have not seen yet other than PvP, I decide to give it a try.

My guild, a small Oceanic one that generally consists of players from Australia and NZ, tells me to contact a certain person that is also a part of this guild and who can help me get into raiding. After doing so I am given the following requirements: have full ascended gear and have a correct raid-viable spec for my profession. Stating that I meet of these requirements, I am then asked if I have any raiding experience at all, even from other MMOs, to which I lay out 11 years of raiding in WoW and having cleared the raid content in Wildstar. I am then told by that person “interviewing” me that they have a “similar” raiding experience and that it doesn’t mean anything at all. A second later this person asks if Wildstar is “that other MMO that turned out to be kitten” and I realize that they have absolutely no idea what level of general raiding experience I possess.

Regardless, I ask what should I do next to get into raids in GW2 then and the answer is, quote, “find a pug, fake the experience until you make it”. Using the LFG tools I monitor the LFM raiding tab and advertise myself in the LFG one, but every single person that contacted me or replied to my inquires has asked for this Legendary Insight number, which, to my understanding only shows how many boss kills you have while not indicating the actual bosses that you may have killed. Seeing as I have 0, I am told to kitten off. Literally.

I ask in the guild chat if this is a common type of behavior, to which I get a reply that it is and that is exactly the reason why the majority of the guild does not raid at all. Someone pointed out that my other option is to find something called a training guild and get my raiding experience with them, however at this point I doubt that I will consider raiding in GW2 at all anymore – just get a VG kill to unlock that last mastery track and that’s it. The time zone difference doesn’t make any part of this process any easier however.

Then I come here, to these forums, and see people openly saying that those who are getting into raids just now should feel obliged to the veterans since the vets are the ones who figured out all the strategies and raid comps and that makes it okay for them to act like this. It is as if people have never raided in any MMOs at all and are trying to reinvent the wheel.

TL;DR: The GW2 raiding community in general is extremely toxic towards new potential raiders and does not fit my preferred MMO environment.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

That’s disappointing to hear, and unfortunately I don’t know what the situation is like in the OCX side for raiding or the population level in general.

I do know that there are training LFGs for VG all the time during my NA Primetime and even hours beyond that. My honest take on your situation Singarti would be to keep trying, you might have had some bad days where the right groups weren’t advertising.

Furthermore, from my understanding your small guild all had this bad experience together trying to find groups, but if I may be so bold, could you all just group up together and go in? I don’t know how small your guild is, I am taking a wild gander it might be at least 10 and even if half of those 10 were to form a group, that’s half a raid that can be filled in with others. Make a LFG and try something like ‘LFM VG, new and training’ and see what comes from it.

But like I said, I can’t gauge the OCX interest, how many LFM and LFG entries would you say would be there during your primetime? like a few LFMs and about 8 LFGs?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

OCX is pretty bad for population of anything not just raids. Some nights T4 fractals have 0 listings for ages.

Maybe 1-2 LFG (solos) and no squads usually for raids.

The only avenue really is to look for a training or actual raid guild to take you along. That or raid on the weekends only with NA guilds.

Try reddit’s guildrecruitment thing.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Sabetha.4910

Are the raids terribly hard for newcomers to get get in? Yes. Allow me to elaborate.

I am an Oceanic player and have started playing GW2 in roughly November of 2015. Being quite casual in this game since I actively raid in another MMORPG called Wildstar, I have still managed to accumulate somewhat a little over 3,7k AP, crafted a full set of ascended gear for all slots but the second aquatic weapon and got to the Expert level fractals from scratch.

As I was still learning the differences and mechanics of GW2 combat and stats I took advice from one of the numerous YouTubers, went to Metabattle and got myself a viable build for my profession, a PS Berserker Warrior. I have watched and read a couple of guides on a what the dungeon/raid role of this profession is and have been playing in that build ever since. Needless to say, my ascended gear has the current meta zerk stats with appropriate runes and sigils.

Now I come to a point where I’ve seen the fractals, dungeons and their multiple paths, world bosses, massive map-wide events and have maxed out all of the available mastery tracks, sitting at the mastery level of 161. I realize that there’s one more track that is unlocked after defeating a boss in Forsaken Thicket. Well, seeing as GW2 raiding is one of the few types of content that I have not seen yet other than PvP, I decide to give it a try.

My guild, a small Oceanic one that generally consists of players from Australia and NZ, tells me to contact a certain person that is also a part of this guild and who can help me get into raiding. After doing so I am given the following requirements: have full ascended gear and have a correct raid-viable spec for my profession. Stating that I meet of these requirements, I am then asked if I have any raiding experience at all, even from other MMOs, to which I lay out 11 years of raiding in WoW and having cleared the raid content in Wildstar. I am then told by that person “interviewing” me that they have a “similar” raiding experience and that it doesn’t mean anything at all. A second later this person asks if Wildstar is “that other MMO that turned out to be kitten” and I realize that they have absolutely no idea what level of general raiding experience I possess.

Regardless, I ask what should I do next to get into raids in GW2 then and the answer is, quote, “find a pug, fake the experience until you make it”. Using the LFG tools I monitor the LFM raiding tab and advertise myself in the LFG one, but every single person that contacted me or replied to my inquires has asked for this Legendary Insight number, which, to my understanding only shows how many boss kills you have while not indicating the actual bosses that you may have killed. Seeing as I have 0, I am told to kitten off. Literally.

I ask in the guild chat if this is a common type of behavior, to which I get a reply that it is and that is exactly the reason why the majority of the guild does not raid at all. Someone pointed out that my other option is to find something called a training guild and get my raiding experience with them, however at this point I doubt that I will consider raiding in GW2 at all anymore – just get a VG kill to unlock that last mastery track and that’s it. The time zone difference doesn’t make any part of this process any easier however.

Then I come here, to these forums, and see people openly saying that those who are getting into raids just now should feel obliged to the veterans since the vets are the ones who figured out all the strategies and raid comps and that makes it okay for them to act like this. It is as if people have never raided in any MMOs at all and are trying to reinvent the wheel.

TL;DR: The GW2 raiding community in general is extremely toxic towards new potential raiders and does not fit my preferred MMO environment.

Raiding in other MMOs doesn’t mean you’ll be superb at raiding in GW2. 11 years of raiding only means anything in the actual game where you raided. Just because I’ve raided in GW2 doesn’t mean I’ll know anything in Wildstar raids either.

Also, you do realize quite a few people fake their Legendary Insight number? It’s not hard, grab a chat code, make sure you’re familiar with the mechanics and go raiding. If you play your part well, nobody will ever question you. If people told you to ‘kitten off’, that’s because they’re looking for experienced raiders, not newcomers who need to learn.

The other option is to join a training group, and I see quite a few LFGs every week. Or join a guild – someone posted a link listing guilds that do training runs. It’s not hard at all, if you’re willing to look for a solution. If not… don’t blame us. The solution is in your hands, take it or leave it.

And no, nobody’s telling the would-be raiders they should feel obliged to the ones who set the meta. If you have a better build, explain why and how it’s better with conclusive evidence, and everyone will adopt your build. The meta isn’t about what comes first, it’s about what’s the most efficient.

TL;DR the GW2 raiding community in general has no time to waste on special snowflakes or lazy people and if you can’t accept that, it’s best that you not raid to begin with.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Don’t know. Apparently its a EU thing, I guess. For training runs, I just ask that people be geared at a minimum of exotics with builds that make sense. Other than that, its more about the individual willing to learn and to listen.

Posted by: Singarti.5862

Singarti.5862

Thank you for your advice, Sykper and fishball. My current plan is indeed to try and find a training run or guild over the weekend.

Sabetha, my WoW raiding experience, all accomplished when that content was relevant, includes the following:
- Classic: MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx40 up until and including Sapphiron;
- BC: Kara, TKT, SSC, Hydjal and BT before nerfs. Did not raid in Sunwell;
- WotLK: Naxx10 and Naxx25, EoE (Malygos), OS25+3, Ulduar10 first 4 bosses. Took a break from the game at that point and did not raid until the release of Cataclysm;
- Cataclysm: HM BWD25, HM BoT25 (not including Sinestra), HM TFW25, HM FL25, HM DS25;
- Mists: HM Mogushan Terrace 25 (not including the last boss), HM HoF25 (3/6), HM TES25 (3/4), HM ToT25 (1/13), HM SoO25 (10/14)
- Warlords (at this point I’ve taken a more casual approach in WoW, focusing on the raiding in Wildstar): Highmaul Heroic 7/7, BRF Heroic 10/10, HFC Heroic 13/13.

My raiding experience in Wildstar:
- Genetic Archives: Phagemaw before the Dominion side of the Oceanic community ceased to exist in late 2014. Later on got full clear after rerolling on the Exile side.
- Datascape20: 14/15, Avatus killed multiple times, the only boss not killed is the Water/Fire elemental pair.

Additionally I’ve done some casual LFG raiding in FF14:ARR’s Crystal Tower, clearing it.

At this point, I would say that in general I am an experienced raider and I am completely aware of how raiding mechanics work in MMOs. After watching more than a couple of guides and kill videos on YouTube on GW2 raiding, I can safely say that I understand the mechanics of GW2 raids, such as break bars, tanking, personal responsibilities. I also can not say that what I’ve seen is impossibly difficult and requires extensive experience to beat – you should simply be performing well within your role, be it a tank, dps, condi or healing and everything will fall into place. Just like in every raid content of any other MMO really, so that’s nothing new.

In my case, faking GW2 raiding experience will simply not work by using those codes since, first of all, it would be quite strange for a person with, say, 50LI to still be at 161 mastery level and, second, I don’t have the Legendary Armor collection The Envoy unlocked or complete, which, from what I’m told, is either hard to fake with codes, or not possible at all. Attentive person would see through such antics fairly quickly and I have no desire to straight out blatantly lie to people just in order to get invited into a raid group.

Be mindful however that I have never said anything about expecting to be invited to multiple raids all at once at first beck and call. More so, I have not been just sitting idly and doing nothing – I have, in fact, been actively using in-game tools to achieve the set goal. Still, as I have already said, it is quite hard to find any raiding group at all with the time zone difference and the ones that I have got in contact with have been rather unpleasant.

Regarding your comment on the set meta, I fail to see any issues with following it since I am quite familiar with the fact that there are always builds that are more optimal for raid performance. I have not made any statements claiming otherwise either. I have absolutely no problems with adopting a build that is considered the best at the moment if that means my dps/healing/tanking will be better.
And yes, people have stated this exact cancerous phrase in one of the similar threads on this forum, clarifying that this is their right to flip anyone off at their own convenience because what they want is a fast clear with as little hick ups as possible. I am not going to try disputing that and, if I remember correctly, such a reply was made in an argument about, once again, builds. See my own personal stance on the builds matter above. That however left a very negative impression on the raiding community here and my own experience with the people from it is not making it any better.

I do however wonder why you though it would be appropriate to throw in the “special snowflakes and lazy people” part in your reply to my post, Sabetha, and how that applies specifically to my current situation with GW2 raiding.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

I do however wonder why you though it would be appropriate to throw in the “special snowflakes and lazy people” part in your reply to my post, Sabetha, and how that applies specifically to my current situation with GW2 raiding.

What he/she meant is: “I’m more special than you”.

Sabetha.4910

Thank you for your advice, Sykper and fishball. My current plan is indeed to try and find a training run or guild over the weekend.

Sabetha, my WoW raiding experience, all accomplished when that content was relevant, includes the following:
- Classic: MC, BWL, AQ40, Naxx40 up until and including Sapphiron;
- BC: Kara, TKT, SSC, Hydjal and BT before nerfs. Did not raid in Sunwell;
- WotLK: Naxx10 and Naxx25, EoE (Malygos), OS25+3, Ulduar10 first 4 bosses. Took a break from the game at that point and did not raid until the release of Cataclysm;
- Cataclysm: HM BWD25, HM BoT25 (not including Sinestra), HM TFW25, HM FL25, HM DS25;
- Mists: HM Mogushan Terrace 25 (not including the last boss), HM HoF25 (3/6), HM TES25 (3/4), HM ToT25 (1/13), HM SoO25 (10/14)
- Warlords (at this point I’ve taken a more casual approach in WoW, focusing on the raiding in Wildstar): Highmaul Heroic 7/7, BRF Heroic 10/10, HFC Heroic 13/13.

My raiding experience in Wildstar:
- Genetic Archives: Phagemaw before the Dominion side of the Oceanic community ceased to exist in late 2014. Later on got full clear after rerolling on the Exile side.
- Datascape20: 14/15, Avatus killed multiple times, the only boss not killed is the Water/Fire elemental pair.

Additionally I’ve done some casual LFG raiding in FF14:ARR’s Crystal Tower, clearing it.

At this point, I would say that in general I am an experienced raider and I am completely aware of how raiding mechanics work in MMOs. After watching more than a couple of guides and kill videos on YouTube on GW2 raiding, I can safely say that I understand the mechanics of GW2 raids, such as break bars, tanking, personal responsibilities. I also can not say that what I’ve seen is impossibly difficult and requires extensive experience to beat – you should simply be performing well within your role, be it a tank, dps, condi or healing and everything will fall into place. Just like in every raid content of any other MMO really, so that’s nothing new.

In my case, faking GW2 raiding experience will simply not work by using those codes since, first of all, it would be quite strange for a person with, say, 50LI to still be at 161 mastery level and, second, I don’t have the Legendary Armor collection The Envoy unlocked or complete, which, from what I’m told, is either hard to fake with codes, or not possible at all. Attentive person would see through such antics fairly quickly and I have no desire to straight out blatantly lie to people just in order to get invited into a raid group.

Be mindful however that I have never said anything about expecting to be invited to multiple raids all at once at first beck and call. More so, I have not been just sitting idly and doing nothing – I have, in fact, been actively using in-game tools to achieve the set goal. Still, as I have already said, it is quite hard to find any raiding group at all with the time zone difference and the ones that I have got in contact with have been rather unpleasant.

Regarding your comment on the set meta, I fail to see any issues with following it since I am quite familiar with the fact that there are always builds that are more optimal for raid performance. I have not made any statements claiming otherwise either. I have absolutely no problems with adopting a build that is considered the best at the moment if that means my dps/healing/tanking will be better.
And yes, people have stated this exact cancerous phrase in one of the similar threads on this forum, clarifying that this is their right to flip anyone off at their own convenience because what they want is a fast clear with as little hick ups as possible. I am not going to try disputing that and, if I remember correctly, such a reply was made in an argument about, once again, builds. See my own personal stance on the builds matter above. That however left a very negative impression on the raiding community here and my own experience with the people from it is not making it any better.

Again, it means nothing at all, until you have defeated a GW2 raid boss. Sure, having raided in other games will likely prepare you mentally for multiple failures until you get the kill, and the organizational aspects of it. Otherwise, it has no bearing at all. It will not help you get a definite kill on Matthias on your first ever attempt, for example.

I’ve also seen people with 161 mastery points who have raided – now that the third wing is out, it is actually possible to have 161 and have done raids (successfully).

If you don’t like the seeming ‘toxicity’ of people in raids, remember that not everyone has the time to educate a newcomer (and don’t repeat the whole ‘experienced raider’ thing, until you’ve done a GW2 boss you are not experienced in the GW2 context). Set up your own raid group. Find a friendly raid guild. LFG for a friendly training run. If you’re already taking things into your own hands, then this shouldn’t be too hard.

As for my remark about ‘special snowflakes and lazy people’, it was not meant specifically for you, but at those like the OP and it explains why people have no time to bring in a newcomer. Aren’t you experienced in raiding elsewhere? Then this should be pretty understandable, yes? People simply do not like to carry random strangers, not when it can mean an hour here or there wasted.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Nobody is stopping the OP from making his own training raid group. Every weekend there’s multiple training groups. Last weekend I saw more training groups than experienced groups on the LFG at several different times.

Not sure how this thread got to 4 pages long….

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As a social phenomenon (or antisocial if you prefer to think of it that way), I’ve yet to see an MMO where harder, instanced content does not include barriers to late entry in the form of random grouping demands for experience, conformity, or both. I know there is at least one game where players are grouped randomly with others in raid groups, However, I’m pretty sure WoW LFR no longer qualifies as harder, instanced content. I’ve also seen random dungeon grouping (in Rift) where minimum necessary stats are a requisite to even queue, and there was still exclusion (kicking) going on.

In short, there seems to be a sort of Catch 22 situation with such content. Latecomers can’t get in without experience and they can’t get experience without getting in. While I understand the frustration in such situations, there are solutions. One can find a teaching group, or one can form one’s own group.

The problem with this from a social perspective is that MMO gaming has evolved to be much more about convenience than it was years ago. In short, it’s not convenient to have to look for a specific group, and even less so to make one’s own group. However, those solutions are possible if someone is willing to make the effort.

That’s the thing about convenience with regard to LFG raiding. Some players seem to think they ought to have the convenience of getting into groups. Sure, they may have time issues, or whatever other factors get in their way as regards to playing. However, what seems to escape them is that it may well be inconvenient for those other players to accept an inexperienced unknown. Other people may well have similar time, or whatever, issues.

So what’s the difference when it comes to a convenience v. convenience conflict? Well, who made the effort? Who started the group? Should not the player who is hosting the random grouping have the right to set criteria? After all, nothing stops the latecomer from doing the same thing — except his unwillingness to make the effort.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

[…]

I’m sorry but from what I can read your guild is just really silly and sad at the same time.

Seriously, you are a GUILD and you live in a similiar time zone. Instead of creating your own raid group you all go in alone into pubs and lie? Additionally after doing that and having a bad experience you blame the RAIDING community? That’s just so far from the truth.

Also LFR tab =/= raiding community. I can guarantee you that most players who actually raid have a static group or are in a raiding hub that they raid with each week.

Oh and there are always enough other players with the same experience. If you think about it: If the “Less than 10% of the playerbase is actively raiding” is true how comes that the other 90% aren’t able to find each other? Why is it the fault of the 10% that the 90% are not able to do the content? THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME.

Please, can anyone enlighten me?

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

I am EU, so anything here is about EU, I dont know about US.

Since there have been a few topics about it being hard to get into raids. I decided to test it out.

About 1 week ago I started looking at lfg about 1 time pr. hour. and joining ALL the teaching runs that I saw. This is my exp. :

I foundt 1-4 teachings runs pr. day, there is prob. some I missed since I dont play 24/7 either.

I told the groups that I was able to join TS, but did not have full ascended (exo armor, ascended weapons/tinkets). That I had no exp. in gw2 raiding but was willing to learn (yes, no LI at all).

About 50% of the runs told me to leave (often gors/sab teaching runs). And the other 50% welcomed me.

I did not join any of the runs, since I only wanted to test if I was able to join. And I do apoligise to any and all off the people whos time I wasted. sry :/

I am a rapid raider, with more or less all classes raid geared and many kills in my bag. I personally lead 2 beginner/training runs for my guild every week + a 1-2 full clears with more exp. people. So I do get my fills of raids.

So why did I do this experiment? Well reading the forum, it sounded like getting into raids was/are really hard, so I wanted to test it.

Result, no it is NOT hard to get into raids, atleast not if you are open to learning and willing to join TS.

Was I just lucky.. I might have been, it might have been that all the nice people log in at same time as me and that only EU have nice people… somehow I do however not really think so..

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Well done, Sigfodr.
This is in accord to what I was experiencing some weeks ago with hard peaks of training runs at the weekend.
With full asc geared classes but not linking or mentioning any LI I’ve been rejected way less than you but I’m very fine with your 50% rate.

It is like it is: More than a “I don’t want.” than “I’m not able to.” – Exactly the same thing I’m observing with my students in school. ^^

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Murdyr.9204

Murdyr.9204

Hey man, cba finding the quote but you mention that the guild I referred you to asked you to have full ascended and at least having killed VG. That’s a blatant lie, as I was invited to the guild even though I clearly stated that I did not have full ascended gear and that I hadn’t killed Vale Guardian. The guild leader you spoke to even showed you three applications of people saying the exact same thing as I said in my application, yet you continue to act as if the guild is the devil simply because they didn’t want someone with your attitude.

The problem here is how you behave and simply refuse to listen to what other people who have more experience than you tell you is best. You want to make the entire raid fail over and over so you can realise on your own that “oh wait… yeah maybe this raid leader who has killed this boss 20 times knows what’s right to use here…”. Now obviously I know you would never actually admit you were wrong but that was just an example.

Also as a side not to any potential Arenanet employees following this (quite funny) thread, could you kindly just ignore it? <3 This guy’s opinions are far from what most people feel and to be fair his attitude is ridiculous and he was seemingly expecting to be declined from the get-go, because of us “meta-drones” who use the optimal builds not wanting to invite a guy that will wipe us over and over.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hey man, cba finding the quote but you mention that the guild I referred you to asked you to have full ascended and at least having killed VG. That’s a blatant lie, as I was invited to the guild even though I clearly stated that I did not have full ascended gear and that I hadn’t killed Vale Guardian. The guild leader you spoke to even showed you three applications of people saying the exact same thing as I said in my application, yet you continue to act as if the guild is the devil simply because they didn’t want someone with your attitude.

The problem here is how you behave and simply refuse to listen to what other people who have more experience than you tell you is best. You want to make the entire raid fail over and over so you can realise on your own that “oh wait… yeah maybe this raid leader who has killed this boss 20 times knows what’s right to use here…”. Now obviously I know you would never actually admit you were wrong but that was just an example.

Also as a side not to any potential Arenanet employees following this (quite funny) thread, could you kindly just ignore it? <3 This guy’s opinions are far from what most people feel and to be fair his attitude is ridiculous and he was seemingly expecting to be declined from the get-go, because of us “meta-drones” who use the optimal builds not wanting to invite a guy that will wipe us over and over.

Anet not reading this forum anyway. They are live on reddit.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

That’s a blatant lie, as I was invited to the guild even though I clearly stated that I did not have full ascended gear and that I hadn’t killed Vale Guardian. The guild leader you spoke to even showed you three applications of people saying the exact same thing as I said in my application, yet you continue to act as if the guild is the devil simply because they didn’t want someone with your attitude.

Eh after hearing this, I might just post the entire conversation I had with him just to show how big of a jerk.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

That’s a blatant lie, as I was invited to the guild even though I clearly stated that I did not have full ascended gear and that I hadn’t killed Vale Guardian. The guild leader you spoke to even showed you three applications of people saying the exact same thing as I said in my application, yet you continue to act as if the guild is the devil simply because they didn’t want someone with your attitude.

Eh after hearing this, I might just post the entire conversation I had with him just to show how big of a jerk.

Please do

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I like to play my own way and dislike being nothing but a meta clone, and in most cases my own playstyle and builds outperform the meta because I understand my proffesions more than the average joe who just copy/pastes a build and thinks they are good to go.

I think I found your problem :<

Why should that be a problem? I’ve never had a single problem running my own builds in ANY other content and I shouldn’t have to remove the fun aspect of the game in order to play some content I have paid for. This is the problem with the attitude of people who raid.

I do not enjoy being a mindless meta drone using builds and skills I do not enjoy why should anyone be forced to play a way they don’t enjoy just to be included if they can demonstrate they can perform up to standard without?

To me that is a very toxic attitude and demonstrates a terrible view on community and gaming. “play our way or you don’t get to play at all” It is a shame raids have taken to being that.

This outright hatred for anything considered a meta has always amused me.
Good players do not simply follow a meta. They try to understand the meta and the requirements set by any of those bosses. They will adjust the build to their own liking and to anything that is needed to make their own party composition succeed.

Your own attitude seems to be quite as toxic. Calling others mindless drones when you yourself seem to have a lack of understanding how competitive team games work makes you sound like quite the bigot.