Raids: RGB Guardian Difficulty

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

For starters, this is about the intro “trash” red, blue, and green guardians, not the actual boss.

The guardians are pretty easy, at least green, anyway. I just soloed green on my first try, and I’m rusty at playing a guard and it was pretty sloppy: http://imgur.com/a/Y25LK

That said…it took about 30 minutes, and it was pretty fun. Having to dance around the blue projectiles kept it interesting. However, even though I was solo, I never really felt like I was in any real danger. I had ample time to kite and heal when needed, and even with the continuous unblockable damage it really wasn’t very much pressure (I was in PVT armor + zerk weap/trinkets, so I was somewhat tankier than usual, but not to an extreme). The blue projectiles kept some pressure on to stay mobile and pay attention, though I have a feeling that this would be lessened by having more meatshields party members around.

I have mixed feeling about this. I like being able to solo things in the game, and these particular enemies are just for teaching mechanics and whatnot, so in a sense it seems fine. But on the other hand, I feel like it should have been a bit more challenging than a worry-free solo on my first try For the record, I had more trouble with red and blue, hence why I skipped to green.

Oh, and the fun part? Having to strip his break bar at the end. With only Blinding Blades, which is about 1/8 of the bar on a 24s cd xD

Worth a try if you find yourself solo in the instance.

Attachments:

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

as I said I knew this would happen

dlonie.6547

Meh, it’s a balance issue on what’s basically a trash mob during a beta. Let’s wait till we see how it ends up in the final form to worry too much :-)

Posted by: Laggo.8973

Laggo.8973

Congratulations, you solo’d one trash mob at the very beginning of the first wing of the first raid, skipping any of the mobs with mechanics.

Would you like a cookie? No offense, but what are we supposed to get out of this post? People already solo fractal 50 mossman.

dlonie.6547

Congratulations, you solo’d one trash mob at the very beginning of the first wing of the first raid, skipping any of the mobs with mechanics.

Would you like a cookie? No offense, but what are we supposed to get out of this post? People already solo fractal 50 mossman.

O.o

I’m sorry, what did I say that came across as bragging?

I outright said that there was little challenge to it (which, by the way, was I wanted the devs to “get out of this post”). It needs a buff.

But yeah, if you have a cookie, I’ll take one.

dlonie.6547

Grats Dlonie, there’s 4 encounters in the first wing, each wing will have mechanics teaching about the actual boss. The trash mobs weren’t the ones suppose to be challenging but teaching you mechanics : ) P.S. No one has been able to even get close to defeating even the first boss in the wing of 4 encounters.

Yep, I mentioned that these were teaching/trash mobs in my OP. But since I felt hardly any pressure solo against one of them when it’s a 10 man instance, I felt it was worth pointing out as feedback on the beta content.

Posted by: Apocalypse.5289

Apocalypse.5289

Grats Dlonie, there’s 4 encounters in the first wing, each wing will have mechanics teaching about the actual boss. The trash mobs weren’t the ones suppose to be challenging but teaching you mechanics : ) P.S. No one has been able to even get close to defeating even the first boss in the wing of 4 encounters.

Yep, I mentioned that these were teaching/trash mobs in my OP. But since I felt hardly any pressure solo against one of them when it’s a 10 man instance, I felt it was worth pointing out as feedback on the beta content.

This. They want feedback, so the players should just tell them what they think about the content we got delivered this weekend.

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

You only do one (easiest out of 3 since you only need to dodge the red circles) trash mob in this raid and you think they all are easy You should get a full raid and try to do the real boss in there, then you will see how things get real in each phase.

dlonie.6547

You only do one (easiest out of 3 since you only need to dodge the red circles) trash mob in this raid and you think they all are easy

Well, not really:

The guardians are pretty easy, at least green, anyway…I had more trouble with red and blue, hence why I skipped to green.

My feedback was meant to be specific to the green guardian.

I titled the thread to include all three, since there seem to be a lot of people talking about the trio and saying they should be harder. I thought this thread could be used to provide feedback on their difficulty and mechanics, but instead it mostly seems to be attracting folks who think I’m just arrogantly bragging about killing a trash mob :-/ I should have been clearer about that in the OP.

You should get a full raid and try to do the real boss in there, then you will see how things get real in each phase.

I’m looking forward to it :-)

dlonie.6547

Speaking of mechanics, I should add that green really did seem to be lacking something there.

I assume blue is there to show us that boon stripping matters, and red is maybe something to do with adds (and from what I’ve heard, conditions?). Maybe someone else who has fought those can chime in about what they got out of the encounters.

But green? I spent 30 minutes of quality time with the bloke and don’t really have any idea what he’s supposed to be teaching us. From what I recall of his mechanics:

- Magic Aura seems to be the ticking damage. It’s not unblockable though, see http://i.imgur.com/m2fMnFL.jpg It’s a negligible amount of damage.
- Bullet Strom seems to be the attack that procs when the blue projectiles hit you. The damage is moderate, and gets attributed to the Vale Guardian.
- He would stop and do an little animation every so often, but I had trouble telling what was going on (disclaimer: I’m terrible at reading boss tells). I think it was an melee autoattack sort of thing? All I know is that it was easy to facetank while bursting. Maybe this was the Magic Aura that I was blocking/evading?
- He casts a blue AoE underneath you every so often that does damage when it explodes after a second or two. I think this was the “Concentrated Magic Spike”? Super easy to avoid. It seemed to teleport me around a bit if I stayed in it when it detonated, but I was having a bit of lag during the fight and maybe I was just rubberbanding….

That’s it for the mechanics I noticed. I didn’t really feel much like he was trying to teach me much, other than common sense “avoid AoEs and projectiles”.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I agree with you, dlonie, and you’re not the only one who feels that way. The initial trash is too easy right now in an unacceptable way. It sets the wrong tone for the rest of the content, especially when the actual raid boss with enrage timer and all is totally impossible for a substantially low-man party. This will feature heavily in my report to ANet.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Well, if it’s easy, doesn’t it feel… wrong to spend 30 minutes on one trash? Let’s say you spend the whole night to raid with your friends, the first easy trash mob could be used as a warm up, or a DPS check even. You could spend between 2 to 10 minutes to burst it down then tune your party setup a bit for either more DPS or not. I don’t know, dlonie. It is like the Spider Queen. You can either spend 5 minutes to solo it (kiting-easy!) or your group kills it in 10 seconds. Should the Spider Queen be appropriately harder for a 5-man party?

I think Time is a challenging constraint here. You wouldn’t want to spend way too much time on one encounter and have to organize the same raid party for many nights later to finish the whole wing.

That said, I support your idea of shaking up the Green Boss a bit. He seems a bit of sponge-bob, err, I mean high-HP and dull boss.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

What’s up with all the snappy, confrontational, flaming unknowns that are flooding the poor trashcan subforum? Every thread is basically filled to the brim with randoms not reading, kittentalking the OP and noobcalling left and right. This is so weird. 3rd thread I read with such responses. I kinda miss lordbyron…
Anyway, it was a mess. The mechanics were obscure and obscure(d) by the crazy particle effects cluttering everything, I didn’t see what was going on half the time, I had no idea where my teammates were most of the time and the animation tells were just lame. Needs a cleanup. Having said that, we were expecting some kind of crazy gimmick and broke our heads trying to figure out red for a few mins… ended up just being condi. Just a gear/build check. So freaking boring and uninspired. I’m really disappointed.
We didn’t have time to really check out the last boss, but there too: the cannon animation? took me a while to even see it with all the mess going on. And why the hell can it appear on the other side of the arena? /meh
I can’t say if I would’ve liked the boss or not, but he seems reasonably tough, albeit very gimmicky. I don’t find 1shot kills to be amusing or particularly interesting once you learnt the trick.

Sum up: gimmicky, uninspired, build-gearcheck of no particular interest, cluttered, messy, unclear. Big boss, nondescript. Have to try again later.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It’s not supposed to be a challenge. It’s only there to teach you about the mechanics you will need to know for the boss fight.

I don’t get people on this forum. Were you expecting trash mobs to be epic fights or something?

Anet make Rev great again.

dlonie.6547

Well, if it’s easy, doesn’t it feel… wrong to spend 30 minutes on one trash?

Well, I spent 30 minutes on it because I couldn’t bring anyone in due to squad UI issues, and being too excited about being in the instance that I wanted to fight something

If it took me 30 minutes solo, rusty, and with PvT armor, it’s probably in an alright place time-wise for a full group. The main issue was the dullness of the fight. Aside from the blue projectiles (which weren’t even from the green guardian), there wasn’t much interesting going on.

What’s up with all the snappy, confrontational, flaming unknowns that are flooding the poor trashcan subforum? Every thread is basically filled to the brim with randoms not reading, kittentalking the OP and noobcalling left and right. This is so weird.

ikr? Annoying.

The mechanics were obscure and obscure(d) by the crazy particle effects cluttering everything, I didn’t see what was going on half the time, I had no idea where my teammates were most of the time and the animation tells were just lame.

Heh, yeah. Something really needs to be done about that if we’re expected to be reacting to tells during a challenging encounter. This is honestly one of my favorite reasons to solo play — the bosses are so much easier to see that you can actually learn them.

hint hint I’d love to hear the devs’ thoughts on the subject :-) Do they struggle with particle effects obscuring boss tells, too? Is there some workaround that they know of to lessen this? Does it seem important enough to do something about? I think most players would say it is.

It’s not supposed to be a challenge. It’s only there to teach you about the mechanics you will need to know for the boss fight.

I don’t get people on this forum. Were you expecting trash mobs to be epic fights or something?

I didn’t expect it to be epic, but I didn’t expect to be soloing a tutorial boss intended for 10 people on my first try without feeling any pressure at all, either. I’m really not even all that good at this game :-P

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

My personal gripe with the trash is that some of the mechanics are undertoned in comparison to the mirrored mechanics of the actual boss (the blue pillar hits significantly harder in the actual boss) setting wrong damage expectations.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Heh, yeah. Something really needs to be done about that if we’re expected to be reacting to tells during a challenging encounter.

It is extra fun with a couple of engis and mesmers in a party. You can barely see the boss. Spotting arrow under him is more challenging than all his mechanics combined lol.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I didn’t expect it to be epic, but I didn’t expect to be soloing a tutorial boss intended for 10 people on my first try without feeling any pressure at all, either. I’m really not even all that good at this game :-P

But it’s not a boss. Not sure why people can’t understand that.

Anet make Rev great again.

dlonie.6547

I think one of the bits of feedback ArenaNet should take from these threads is that we do expect these tutorial fights to be boss-level difficulty. They don’t need to be on the level of the final boss of the 10-man encounter, but they certainly should not be soloable on the first try. Especially not by me, heh.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The “trash mobs” are Legendary tier, in case you haven’t noticed. Perhaps they should worthy of that title?

Or shall we relegate them to Silver mobs?

Risen Illusionist has more pressure than some of those Guardians. Come on.

They need a buff, more pressure.

EDIT: I really can’t understand how are the Devs supposed to get useful information on this forum, when 90% of the comments here are just utterly useless. The problems gets worse when comments are made from 3-months old accounts who have never posted in this area of the game before and are actively defending the current lack of difficulty on trash mobs, “because its beta”.

Issues shouldnt be justified “because its beta”. Thats not what the goal here is: issues should be getting solved because it is a beta.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Thanks for feedback OP. I understood your post, dunno why there is so much reading comprehension fail.

The question he(or she) is posing is do we want even the easiest trash mob soloable in a raid? Probably not. Maybe duoable but not soloable.

Laggo.8973

It’s literally the first trash mob in the first wing of the first raid that you can’t even completely solo, just do part of the fight. You might have a point if you could make it to the boss solo, but you can’t even do that.

This is like saying the Thaumanova Reactor fractal laser puzzle is too easy because you can solo the first switch (ignoring the rest of the puzzle because clearly that’s not relevant)

Look at this seriously for half a second. I’m guessing none of you have ever raided before, because this honestly makes absolutely 0 sense to me.

How can you have difficulty curve and progression if you want the first trash mob of the first wing to require hours of study? It’s already a little more complex than a tank and spank, which is the overwhelming majority of initial trash in raid encounters for other games. That should be a good sign, not a bad one.

dlonie.6547

It’s literally the first trash mob in the first wing of the first raid that you can’t even completely solo, just do part of the fight. You might have a point if you could make it to the boss solo, but you can’t even do that.

This is like saying the Thaumanova Reactor fractal laser puzzle is too easy because you can solo the first switch (ignoring the rest of the puzzle because clearly that’s not relevant)

Look at this seriously for half a second. I’m guessing none of you have ever raided before, because this honestly makes absolutely 0 sense to me.

How can you have difficulty curve and progression if you want the first trash mob of the first wing to require hours of study? It’s already a little more complex than a tank and spank, which is the overwhelming majority of initial trash in raid encounters for other games. That should be a good sign, not a bad one.

Who said anything about “hours of study”? I just don’t think a mediocre (at best) player should be able to solo it with complete ease on their first try. That’s a far cry from what you seem to think I’m saying.

I’ll try to clarify. I think the minimum difficulty for a minor encounter in a 10-man raid should be this:

- A skilled player being able to solo (with practice) is fine.
- It should not be easily soloable on an average player’s first attempt.
- A solo player should feel slightly challenged when fighting a boss with 1/10 of the resources of the intended encounter.

Again, this is for a minor raid encounter, the major bosses should not be soloable under any circumstances.

Is this something that we can agree on?

Also, what happened to that cookie? Don’t tell me the cookie is a lie :-(

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Sioul.7269

Sioul.7269

They should change the NPC Rank of those trash, a lot of people think that they are actual bosses because of the purple portrait. Maybe the champion or elite portrait will help.

Laggo.8973

I’ll try to clarify. I think the minimum difficulty for a minor encounter in a 10-man raid should be this:

- A skilled player being able to solo (with practice) is fine.
- It should not be easily soloable on an average player’s first attempt.
- A solo player should feel slightly challenged when fighting a boss with 1/10 of the resources of the intended encounter.

Again, this is for a minor raid encounter, the major bosses should not be soloable under any circumstances.

Is this something that we can agree on?

If this is your argument then I am geniunely confused considering

1) You can’t solo the first minor encounter. Killing 1/3 mobs is not soloing. Is Swamp fractal too easy becuase you can “solo” 1/3 wisps by yourself? You’re changing the definition of the encounter to partial completion and calling it a day.

2) Again, you didn’t solo anything. Here is where there seems to be a disconnect. You are giving yourself credit again for partially completing an encounter. You can solo one burrow in AC P2 before you get mobbed by gravelings on either section, does that mean the encounter/mechanic is broken? People would think you were being insane and tell you to finish the encounter before you complain. It’s the same thing here.

3) You didn’t fight any bosses. You fought trash. You didn’t even fight all the trash, you picked and chose a tiny portion of the trash to fight.

You didn’t clarify any of your argument at all, it just got even more confusing. You can’t pick and choose what parts of an encounter you want to address. You have to address the encounters as a whole, and the first encounter is the three guardians. Not one. You keep conveniently leaving out anything that goes against the “feedback” or claims you are trying to give to make the point you want to make, despite it not being factual at all when you look at the bigger picture.

Your argument seems to be that no mob in a raid instance should be killable by a single player, which is total garbage. What about an event where you have to defend a point and you get swarmed by waves of mobs? Are you going to say it’s soloable and too easy when you kill the first three mobs by yourself and die?

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

What about an event where you have to defend a point and you get swarmed by waves of mobs? Are you going to say it’s soloable and too easy when you kill the first three mobs by yourself and die?

Wot.

dlonie.6547

My point is definitely not that “no mobs should be soloable”. I even explicitly said in my last post (which you quoted…) that I’m fine with them being soloable, but it should pose some challenge. I think that’s far more reasonable than the impression you took from my words.

So if I’m understanding your view correctly, our difference in opinion boils down to: since only one of the three Guardians was soloable, it’s ok because there are two others?

Ok, that’s certainly not unreasonable. It doesn’t change my position, but I understand that view.

My view is that the three guardians should be treated as separate encounters, and that they should pose a rather significant challenge to a solo player. This is for a few reasons:

1) They are staggered so that they are easy to pull and fight individually. If they were meant to be fought together, they’d spawn closer together and have linked aggro. This is my rationale for evaluating each individually rather than taking them as a whole.

2) They are legendary status. Aside from the HP pool, there’s nothing about the green guardian that gives this impression.

3) They are tutorial monsters. We should be learning mechanics from them and having to pay attention to a challenging fight. However, the green guardian doesn’t seem to be fulfilling that role, even solo.

Perhaps the green guardian is supposed to introduce us to the mechanic of fighting while avoiding the Bullet Storm attacks? If so, I’d suggest making him the first encounter, as these are present throughout the others and players will have already figured that out by the time they get to him.

I’m not trying to convince you, by the way. I’m merely sharing my impressions. You’re welcome to share yours and it’s ok to disagree. I only ask that if you reply, you read my arguments first and try to understand them. So far, your first reply was a knee-jerk reaction trying to shame me because you thought I was bragging, and your second reply expounds on a point (“I don’t want any mobs to be soloable”) that directly contradicts my post that it quoted. It’s getting difficult to treat this conversation seriously when everything I say gets so grossly misinterpreted / ignored.

Also, tired of waiting for that cookie. I think I have some samoas in the freezer. kitten yeah…samoas.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Iris Ng.9845

Maybe you should change the title of your thread to : Green Guardian Difficulty instead of RGB

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: Jankz.6302

Jankz.6302

i dont feel like going into the details but necromancer can solo the red guardian. it’s not hard at all, i think they should make the red aoe orbs move SLIGHTLY faster to make the red guardian a little harder to kite around.

i know it’s the first trash mob but i still want it to be harder

dlonie.6547

Not a bad idea, Iris. It seems to be causing confusion as people are having trouble reading my OP.

I didn’t want to focus on green at first because I’d heard the others were similarly unchallenging. I couldn’t test them last night though — red needs conditions, which I wasn’t built for, and blue requires boon stripping, which I don’t have.

Now someone has confirmed that red is also easily soloable on an appropriate build, so maybe when we can get back in we can explore the others a bit more. I’ll leave the title as is for now, but kitten . People really need to read before they just react.

Jankz, please do go into details, that’s what will help the devs know what to look at. Feel free to hide the details in a spoiler tag if you’re worried about ruining anything for anyone I’m certainly interested in hearing more in-depth examinations of the mechanics and what people think about them.

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Here we have the shining example of someone who has never frequented the forum and gave feedback on this area of the game, yet defends everything Anet does blindly. Theres a lot of you lately around here.

Thaumanova Reactor Laser puzzle? Do you do fractals? Do you mean the Aetherblade laser puzzle? And you can solo the entire switches with blinks, not just once. Not that you would know, being unexperienced.

Just because it’s the first Legendary mobs of the first raid doesnt mean they should be oversimplistic and easy. I’m not agaisnt them being soloable, if soloing them means a couple hours dedication like Lupicus. I’ve seen a lot of people soloing them in little time. And not necessarily extremely high skilled players. Some of the guardians are not more complex, they’re quite HP sponges with meaningless mechanics, for example the Green guardian, and the Red-condi-only-lel-Guardian.

Keep in mind “hours of study” is relevant for soloing. For 10 players it should pose a bit more thinking than what I’ve seen in the streams. This sets a bad tone for the rest of the raid. The trash mobs teaching the Vale Guardian mechanics should be a bit harder to build up into the boss itself.

We’re talking about a Raid here, not a Dungeon. Raid “trash mobs” like these Guardians should be the equivalent of dungeon bosses

Maybe you should change the title of your thread to : Green Guardian Difficulty instead of RGB

Actually Red Guardian is really easy to solo on a condi build just by kiting, almost “circle-afk-easy”. He needs gap closers.

EDIT Just read Laggo’s other posts here. Holy kitten, the guy doesnt know its also possible to solo all 3 wisps. I wont bother answering to that guy anymore.

Protip for the next time: please don’t try to make your feedback the only correct one when you come from a more unexperienced background. There’s clearly players here that know this game’s mechanics way more than you do. Refrain from trying to “correct” them and posting if you will

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think the periodic pressure is fine as it is. But the actual guardians should of had some attacks which dealt decent damage that required dodging (range, melee and gap closers). Because it was pretty much ignore the guardians and avoid the orb aoes. They dont even have to be that frequent. Just something extra you need to pay attention to every few seconds. Because I didnt have to pay attention to any actual animations on the guardians. Which was disappointing.

Although with the clusterkitten of particle effects it would be quite hard to read any tells on those guardians anyway. :P

(edited by spoj.9672)

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The guardians have that AoE attack that splits the damage amongst target hit right? So its basically ignored when you’re stacking on him.

What we need then is another AoE attack that doesnt follow that “redistributing damage” to force people to pay attention to key boss telegraphs (that need to be made visual enough) that indicate whether it’s the Distribute AoE or the “need to dodge” AoE.

Guardians should have a gap closer with priority usage on downed targets. I know this is possible because Grawl Shaman focus his AoEs on downed players.

Iris Ng.9845

I wonder if it’s okay to not able to pull the guardians separately. Together, they could pose some challenges instead of the following scheme:
- Pull one
- Get the right set of build, solo that one
- Get out of combat
- Change builds and gears – (I hate the ideas of lugging many gears and that also eliminates the need for different classes/roles)
- Pull the second
- Rinse and Repeat

Most boss duo whom we have seen so far have a decent pressure to the players like Molten Duo, Sparki and Slick. Each boss itself is quite simple to solo, but together, they make it more interesting, right?

Also, I didn’t see anyone use Rebound. Why not? Impossible to time it right?

@Spoj: I would love some voice-over cues. Or even the classic blinking big red text “Danger!”, “Incoming Threat!”, etc. before the massive one-shot over the light ball of a boss.

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

dlonie.6547

+1 for adding gap closers. I can say with absolute certainty that if it wasn’t so easy to just walk away and kite while waiting on cooldowns if needed, my solo attempt would have failed miserably. Great suggestion.

I think fighting them separately is intended, honestly. They’re there to teach the mechanics of the final boss fight so that everything isn’t thrown at you at once, causing overload while you try to figure out all of the different mechanics. If they all just swarmed you at once, they wouldn’t communicate their messages as effectively.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

People complaining about trash mobs being too easy when none of them have killed the actual boss. This is truly embarassing to read.

spoj.9672

People complaining about trash mobs being too easy when none of them have killed the actual boss. This is truly embarassing to read.

I wonder why noones beaten him yet. Might be something to do with raid UI being disabled and the game crashing and dcing everyone when they got to the final boss.

Is it so unreasonable to expect legendary pre-bosses to at least pose more of a challenge than fractal bosses? It is 10 man content after all…

dlonie.6547

Hard to kill a boss when the instance is inaccessible

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Legends are not trash. Trash is elite status at most. Champion and above are bosses.
Even the trash in a 10 man raid instance should require 5+ people to stand a chance. Ideally each raid should be impossible to complete with less than 10 people so people cannot sell slots.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Iris Ng.9845

They are not bosses. Their profile status means nothing, really: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Thoughts-on-the-Tutorial-Trash/first#post5565429

spoj.9672

They are not trash mobs either though. So you would expect them to be at least on a difficulty level that would match 10 man content.

Best to thnk of them as champions. Or minor bosses. Even so they should not be this easy. As was said in the other thread. They are so easy that you can just disregard the mechanics you are supposed to be learning. Thats not good. Add some extra stuff in to make it a little harder to pick out what you are supposed to learn.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

I think there’s a pretty big divide here on what people want from the non bosses.

There are some who believe that trash mobs such as the RGB guardians shouldn’t pose a threat and are there just to get you used to the final boss (that and they are the first wing’s 1st mobs so they are “expected” to be easy). Then there are others, such as myself, who believe that even they should be thought provoking and challenging, meaning not just huge HP sponges with 1 mechanic.

I think a majority of people will agree here that when Anet said “challenging group content” with their description of such being content that, when you finally clear it, gives you a huge sense of satisfaction, they meant that all of the content would be difficult. Not just the major bosses.

The RGB guardians need to be much more of a threat and challenging. They are, as per their description, legendary enemies and should be more challenging. I think people need to move away from this idea of “trash mobs”. Enemies that are not the main boss of a section does not equate them to being trash mobs that you can just kill with no effort. This whole raid is supposed to be a challenging group content that has you on your toes all the time. If someone who has 1/10th the man power needed to beat this “challenging” group of enemies can easily solo one of the guardians on their first try with no threat of danger or challenge even with 1/10th the man power then they need to be made stronger and less simple. I felt no rush or threat at all when fighting all three with a full group of 10 for the brief time I played it.

That said I don’t think the guardians should be a horrible slog fest. No one likes mobs whose sole purpose is to slow down your time and that take ages to kill. They should feel threatening and challenging without sucking all of your time away.

(edited by Zelkovan.2630)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

I agree, they should have way less hp, since they’re not hard, but just a tutorial.

Not complaining about the actual boss, but “trash” mobs should die faster.