Raids are the best.

Raids are the best.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ChanxThexMan.1078

ChanxThexMan.1078

I really love them a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed wing 3 and I’m pretty curious where they’ll go with the next raid.

I know it’s tough having people bash/criticize the things you create and do, so I just wanted to say thank you to arenanet for making raids so enjoyable and beautiful as they are. (Mad kudos to the xera fight/look design!)

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I agree. I think they did an amazing job on these fights and deserve to feel proud of that effort.

I hope they realize that any criticisms I have are out of a desire to make the experience – or at least a version of it – accessible to people with a wider range of playstyles, commitment levels and skill. And I do think they can do that without hurting the current experience.

Funny thing is, if the content had actually sucked, I wouldn’t have cared as much.

I just want more people to be able to enjoy what they’ve done.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: ChanxThexMan.1078

ChanxThexMan.1078

Oh yeah for sure, I hope they stay open to positive criticism that helps them build and make even better raiding experiences in the future. I should mention I was referring to the baseless, negative criticism. The people that aren’t really providing anything but their own hateful thoughts.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

wing 3 ftw!!! least issue with my high perma ping of 400-600 ave and….. best of all pug friendly!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Raids are the best.

Posted by: lemonpowah.3198

lemonpowah.3198

Raiding is the best part of this game, and of course the ley-line gliding. I bought the expansion only for raids, did some pvp here and there, got to ruby, but it’s not that appealing to me.
Raiding has some story to tell, and take some actual skill, not just face roll the content. I guess my love for raiding comes from the early stages of WoW, began raiding in TBC (heard vanilla ones were sick) and it was an awesome experience. Please design more raids and don’t dumb them down ! You did an awesome job with these, can be a little harder though !

Also I begin to hate the LFG system. Everyone is searching for 50+ LI players, I mean like wtf. I am pretty skilled myself but don’t have much LI, only 15 atm and I am pretty sure I can do better than most of those players with 50+ LI. I watch and re-watch the guides for bosses until I get all mechanics and I have pretty good map awareness, though there is no way to prove that…

Also, raiding guilds seem to be pretty hard to find, can any of you suggest one ? Not hardcore, one that is doing teaching runs is fine for me as I don’t have a lot of time between work and social life.

(edited by lemonpowah.3198)

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

If it wasn’t for the raids I would have quit the game long ago

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I have made so many friends as a result of raids that I never could have with other content. Thanks for quality content that can really bring a group of people together.
Additionally, the way wing three ramped up the difficulty was perfect and gave us a better avenue for our training raids we host. I hope, as you mentioned in the blog, that you retain this strategy going forward! Even the persistent raiders can benefit from a warm-up boss of sorts.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Hello everyone,
with a lot of people lately being especially vocal and negative about raids, I thought I would take some time to express my absolute satisfaction with this gamemode. Anet, please don’t pay attention to people complaining, it comes from silly entitlement of some individuals who expect to be able to easily access everything (including content that wasn’t even designed for them).
Raids are a major success, I love everything about them. I think you’ve set the bar perfectly, the tuning is just right and there’s no need to change things up. Most encounters are a real challenge when you face them for the first time and remain very entertaining and fun even after many repeats.
Raids are what’s keeping me playing during this content drought. You’ve shown again you’re capable of designing beautiful, challenging, fun and repeatable content. Raid combat, map design, the lore, everything is just so amazing. Even more so if you consider that raid team is actually very small.
For a long time as a veteran player I felt left out. Majority of the game is designed to be very casual, easy and relaxing. That’s a good thing, but sometimes you just want a bit more engaging content, which takes some preparation and commitment. We finally got that. Please don’t ever step back, don’t let anyone make you think raids were a bad choice. They are perfect just the way the are.
Keep up the good work.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

I love raids too, its the content i do most because i find it fun not because i feel i need to do it ( like fractal dailies ).
The only thing Anet could change ( if they wanted to changed something ) is give incentive to the players that killed all bosses and reacher the MS cap for the week to join groups with people that didnt kill any boss that week, like having an extra shard cap for helping people or another little reward.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

Agreed with the OP. Raids are by far and away my favorite game mode right now. I only hope that they aren’t satisfied with releasing one full raid with HoT. Please, continue to push boundaries and create new content. Each raid doesn’t need 3 wings, story, 3 bosses, etc. Even a “1 off” wing with 1-2 bosses would be fun.

The only major suggestion that I have is with the achievements. I feel like they have gone about 80-90% of the way there. I think achievements similar to wing 2 could give the community that extra difficulty that some groups are looking for. IMO more “Challenge Mote” achievements would be a great addition. Not only that, but they need to be designed to be repeatable. My only criticism about the wing 2 achievements is that there is no additional incentive to repeat them. I don’t know what the best way would to give that extra incentive, but small gold rewards, additional drop rate, repeatable AP, are a few ideas. I think it would be fun to decide depending on the individuals you have in your group whether or not you want to try the “Hard mode” every week.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

except for the fact if you weren’t raiding already you can’t do them with anyone. Say you were busy getting your pvp backpiece or HOPE. well you’re screwed raid wise.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

There are People Who don’t like raids but people Who like raids, They really like this game mode.

I don’t find the same situation for spvp, www, and general pve. Ofc there is people Who like them but in general They find always a lot of issues to complain about.

I’m not saying Raids are perfect 100% but the satisfaction is really high

So yes, Raids are the beast, dev team did a really good job.

Ps don’t kitten up with bad legendary armors skin pls ^^

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Mechalibur.9618

Mechalibur.9618

I think raids are fantastic, and they’re pretty much the only reason I’m regularly playing right now. That’s why I can sympathize with non-raiders who haven’t had much in the way of content lately, but that’s a discussion for another topic.

I didn’t really have high expectations for the raids, given the previous “challenging group content” that Anet had released before. But all my expectations were completely shattered, and I fell in love with all the mechanics of Spirit Vale. The team continued to release great encounters in the next two wings, and I can’t wait to see what they come up with in the future. I think the fractal team can learn a lot from this

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Having finally defeated Xera (after two weeks of struggling to find a consistent group for her), I’m very impressed by what the Raid team has put out and am eager to see what they have in store for us next. I hope LS3 comes with its own raid, which would be an amazing way of tying the instanced story, open world, and challenging raids together. It’s entirely possible Forsaken Thicket lore will seep into LS3 too, considering the hints in Wing 3.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

It’s entirely possible Forsaken Thicket lore will seep into LS3 too, considering the hints in Wing 3.

I could be wrong here, someone correct me if I am. From what I heard (was it from WP?) they said that Raid lore will not seep into LS3. Nothing even remotely will be mentioned about White Mantle outside of the raids. The whole story is now on pause cause the first raid is finished and it won’t continue until they decide to pick it up again.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It’s entirely possible Forsaken Thicket lore will seep into LS3 too, considering the hints in Wing 3.

I could be wrong here, someone correct me if I am. From what I heard (was it from WP?) they said that Raid lore will not seep into LS3. Nothing even remotely will be mentioned about White Mantle outside of the raids. The whole story is now on pause cause the first raid is finished and it won’t continue until they decide to pick it up again.

Considering the current events with bandits, and the Shining Blade references, I would expect White Mantle to play a part. Not to mention there’s some mystery about Lazarus too, which isn’t fully explained in the raids, and Xera saying things about White Mantle influence on Tyria.

The short version is, if the Raid story ties into LS3, the devs will make sure the necessary information is accessible for people who haven’t done raids.

WoodenPotatoes actually said that there’s a good possibility LS3 could have White Mantle involvement.

Raids are the best.

Posted by: Coconut.7082

Coconut.7082

Considering the current events with bandits, and the Shining Blade references, I would expect White Mantle to play a part. Not to mention there’s some mystery about Lazarus too, which isn’t fully explained in the raids, and Xera saying things about White Mantle influence on Tyria.

The short version is, if the Raid story ties into LS3, the devs will make sure the necessary information is accessible for people who haven’t done raids.

WoodenPotatoes actually said that there’s a good possibility LS3 could have White Mantle involvement.

contains minor raid story spoilers
I don’t think it is going to be a problem to connect between the raid story and LS3 (even for those who don’t raid), correct me if I’m wrong, but as far as I know the raid story didn’t show any major twists or important details/characters connected to the white mantle (I still really like the story, just saying it doesn’t have much depth beyond what we know). The only major thing shown (well, not directly shown, but hinted) is the return of Lazarus, and that should be easy enough to sum up without playing through the raid story.
Would be pretty cool if they were related.