Raids are the most fun I had in a long time!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Been practicing that first wing since it was released… With what you can call endless amounts of failure. Been running it with my guild when possible and also pugging it to see what new tactics I can learn to share with the rest of my guild. After much frustration, I realized for myself, that I actually CAN win and that the wing is beatable (though haven’t beaten it yet).

Not sure why anet said that raid wings are unpuggable which is why they didn’t create an LFG for it. Anet is completely wrong.

I made a lot of friends last night through a group composed of only pugs. We were all on TS, organized, and most of all, cooperative. We listened to each other’s advice and we tried to learn what we could from one another. Our best attempt was getting the Vale Guardian to 20% health with 2.5 minutes to go but unfortunately we wiped. We ACTUALLY had a winning run but ended up having a few mess ups in the end. Before, my best attempts were only to about 55% before time ran out or we wiped. It was so exhilarating to see this happen and every one in the party admitted that was their best run to date!

Afterwards we even all decided to join someones empty guild to stay in touch. Anet is crazy for not thinking we shouldn’t pug this.

Edit: reddit pretty much never gives me any love so decided to repost this here for some optimism.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Completely agree. Sure, I didn’t win, but I love a challenge and it makes victory all the sweater. A lot of the people on the forums complaining how they couldn’t faceroll like they do in dungeons and low-level fractals are full of it and need to learn that they should have to work at least a little.

Do I have a few things I’d improve? Yes. Do I think they should increase the enrage timer by 1 minute so that there’s less of an emphasis on zerker (to match their goal with the rest of HoT)? Yes. Is this a really great first attempt at raids by Anet? HELL YES. The mechanics and fights are intriguing and fun, and I’ve really enjoyed it so far even though my guild has yet to beat it. I am looking forward to completing this raid and to future raids very much.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”