Raids are too competitive..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Yes this makes much sense. That explains why I did not know the role of madness in xera and without having that mastery I fell off at the very end. Right, xera is so easy bc I just have to press 1 to win, not even listen to group directions like I’m which side I’m on and know what that means. If I am able to refuse to listen and get carried cos I die at the start since I don’t have ley line mastered yet, then yeah I’m a terrible person who’s leeching and I need to go do training runs with equally terrible people like me who don’t have that mastery or any clue even that they need it. I completely understand now and I can see why I was wrong.. this whole thread has been a mistake I realise that now and also that i was being carried and I’m leeching off an exp group when I’m not rly expected to tank or heal anyway, and yeah I need a training run cos I dunno how to listen to simple instructions or even have right build to dps down crystals when we have 3 downed ppl depending on me. I finally understand now I was wrong to do this. I am an awful person

As an aside, I only died when boss was literally almost dead, as I got feared off platform cos of my madness stacks. I didn’t know at the time what that meant either, but I looked it up right after. So thanks for saying I leeched off a really exp group. Your right I could’ve just typed /qq at start and they would’ve carried my useless and inexperienced self anyway.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: TheMSR.7120

TheMSR.7120

It’s all about perspective.

The Fact: People want to be efficient -> clear the Raid as fast as possible

From the view of an experienced player (groups):

• searching for exp players
  • don’t want to carry ‘new’ players with no exp
  • don’t want to explain well-known bosses mechanics
  • they know how smooth a full-run can be with a good group
    —> kick every player who slows the run

From the view of a dedicated, yet unexperienced player:

• want to get a foot into raiding
  • difficulties in finding groups (no exp) -> get exp as quick as possible
  • join taining runs -> low success (since there are many unexp. people)
    --> join exp runs and lie, and hope to get some tries and learn with exp players

Both sides are equally understandable.
The huge problem here is: The game encourages players to be dishonest, since this is the fastest way go get ‘exp’ (learning by doing). I wouldn’t condemn players who do so. It’s not the people who are to blame here. It’s the system (can elaborate further).

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Yes this makes much sense. That explains why I did not know the role of madness in xera and without having that mastery I fell off at the very end. Right, xera is so easy bc I just have to press 1 to win, not even listen to group directions like I’m which side I’m on and know what that means. If I am able to refuse to listen and get carried cos I die at the start since I don’t have ley line mastered yet, then yeah I’m a terrible person who’s leeching and I need to go do training runs with equally terrible people like me who don’t have that mastery or any clue even that they need it. I completely understand now and I can see why I was wrong.. this whole thread has been a mistake I realise that now and also that i was being carried and I’m leeching off an exp group when I’m not rly expected to tank or heal anyway, and yeah I need a training run cos I dunno how to listen to simple instructions or even have right build to dps down crystals when we have 3 downed ppl depending on me. I finally understand now I was wrong to do this. I am an awful person

As an aside, I only died when boss was literally almost dead, as I got feared off platform cos of my madness stacks. I didn’t know at the time what that meant either, but I looked it up right after. So thanks for saying I leeched off a really exp group. Your right I could’ve just typed /qq at start and they would’ve carried my useless and inexperienced self.

Yes you do, you can be as sarcastic as you want and don’t believe me.
The madness stacks are basically the main mechanic of the fight, you only get them from getting hit by the red orbs of the laser that comes from the middle or standing on the wrong half of the platform when it gets split by the aoe attack or from the small aoe in the Crystal/2nd Flying phase.
You basically failed at alot of mechanics.
And no it doesnt take skill to follow the other DPSers like a drone, even though you think you did it right.

BTW, you made it harder for you group to complete the fight by getting hit from red orbs, which gave your group less room to move -> lower DPS uptime -> higher chance in the fight resulting in a wipe.
You literally got carried by the people that are experienced because your a sorry player that doesn’t accept that exp groups are made for exp players that don’t want to put up with being like you.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Dominik.5162)

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I think the gist of this thread is the OP thinks being honest half of the time is not lying. So you think you know Xera or Sabe when you don’t even know what madness and green bombs do. Very interesting.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

A bit too much to read in one sitting, but you might wanna look into RTI:
Raid Training Initiative; RTI.enjin.com where both professionals and newcomers come
and have fun together in raids. No competition, just training, fun and/or kill-oriented runs.

On their web site you linked they aren’t accepting new members now.

nagr.1593

Yes you do, you can be as sarcastic as you want and don’t believe me.
The madness stacks are basically the main mechanic of the fight, you only get them from getting hit by the red orbs of the laser that comes from the middle or standing on the wrong half of the platform when it gets split by the aoe attack or from the small aoe in the Crystal/2nd Flying phase.
You basically failed at alot of mechanics.
And no it doesnt take skill to follow the other DPSers like a drone, even though you think you did it right.

BTW, you made it harder for you group to complete the fight by getting hit from red orbs, which gave your group less room to move -> lower DPS uptime -> higher chance in the fight resulting in a wipe.
You literally got carried by the people that are experienced because your a sorry player that doesn’t accept that exp groups are made for exp players that don’t want to put up with being like you.

Another post from a person who thinks so highly of me. Yes I failed a lot of mechanics, thanks for pointing that out. I am a clumsy guy who can’t even glide properly cos he gets whacked in the face by a platform wall! It kinda explains why I struggled so much with those JPs years ago and even with some of those hero points when I was trying to attain map completion. So the facts are, I’m clumsy and I’m a charr, both of which taken together means I’m just awful at gliding and should give it up completely, esp that ley line stuff cos I fall off half the time.. I ought to just unmaster that and delete my charr, maybe start over again. Thanks for the support

Also thanks for explaining how madness stacks work for me. I was totally confused before but u explained it that well to me. On a more serious note, it’s funny that Dulfy doesn’t say anything about madness stacks (resulting from the orbs u mentioned) hurting the chances of ur group at all. I know I might be old school for depending on Dulfy so much but I been reading her living story guides since years ago and it worked well for me. If someone thinks I should switch to a more in depth guide, then pls let me know and I will check it out. But honestly Dulfy does not say anything about this, and I read it pretty thoroughly. If someone can tell me the mechanic he mentions is true though, then ill accept that and admit I’m wrong.

It’s interesting how you also said I failed at almost everything, and claim the things that I did correctly even a trained monkey could do (that is in essence what ur saying right?) If so then you’re only half proving my point, that you don’t need to be exp to follow simple instructions like who to follow. Yet you continue to argue that exp groups are for exp. Even the guy who posted before u, basically agreed with me (without explicitly stating as such) that it’s perfectly ok to join exp group for a boss like xera when u have no clue what to do or when u aren’t 100% aware of the mechanics, since the boss is so faceroll and its only extremely difficult for the tank and healer roles. Both of u agree on this count then. Xera is ridiculously easy as long as u are dps role, all u need to do is stack when they tell u to or glide where they tell you to. You’re right though, ill concede even a mindless drone could replace me and complete the task, even do a much better job since I soaked up so many madness stacks, I really am a clumsy charr who dodges away and trips on his feet so much. I’m so bad I can’t even look out for those red orbs coming towards me! It’s like I’m literally half blind or something.

So it’s settled then, both of u agree that Xera is so faceroll easy if you’re a dps role that even a drone can do it, heck if a robot can do it then any newcomer to raids (as long as theyve got full ascended gear) can basically yolo join for exp group on said encounter and finish it without wiping, thus doing an even better job than me. Plus with the possibility of a drone as team member, u minimize the risk of someone clumsily gliding into a wall and dying, hence becoming a liability to whole group. In fact I’m such a sorry player that respects exp when they ask for exp so much that I joined another exp group for xera (I know I’m such an awful person) and finished it on 1st try without dying or getting feared off, I.e. keeping better track of the stacks that will eventually kill me. But Fatalyz is completely right, xera is an easy boss if u have an easy role to play so what I did on both attempts (even the one I died when boss was at 2% health quite literally) isn’t even remotely surprising to anyone, and it shouldn’t be. I’m not even being sarcastic right now I actually agree with him on this.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

nagr.1593

I think the gist of this thread is the OP thinks being honest half of the time is not lying. So you think you know Xera or Sabe when you don’t even know what madness and green bombs do. Very interesting.

Ill add to this in seperate post cos I don’t want to address it in same one (diff topic). So it’s simple really. Ill try to be concise I’m sorry I have this problem that u guys point out: I join exp groups as opposed to LI groups cos I know those are the ‘elitist’ groups that want to run at record time and finish without wipe, cos wipe is bad. I get it and I respect that so even if I could join LI groups (by falsifying it or somesuch), I wouldn’t. Not only cos I know it’s wrong and don’t wanna be dishonest, but also cos I know I’m not speed run material and able to help kill boss on 1st try. Below that there’s only exp or training run, no middle ground in between. Do you ever see post for just ‘Sab’ or something similar? If so tell me and ill join it. So yes, I join exp group when not fully exp. Further, I read guide and watch example kill before I join. I view it as trial run with somewhat competent ppl. Everyone else views it as dishonest and worthy of insta-kick. But tell me why raid content is so competitive. Not cos it’s insanely challenging. But mostly bc players make it that way. Why don’t they post for LI if they are so concerned abt not wiping, or saving a few min? They can do but don’t.

So ask yourself what type of person would u be given a sityation:

You see semi-competent person for exp group in Sab, unaware of the simplest mechanic like green bombs but he manage to do everything else fine, like run away from flamewall and move away from group when he have timed bomb so he don’t wipe them. He even volunteer for big bombs and he gets them on time. But he throws green bomb at boss like a non-exp person, so stupid that it makes you seriously doubt him and it also makes you kinda annoyed and insulted at same time. You have to act fast and make a choice cos ur leader of group and others getting impatient.

1. The mechanic is very simple, so just make it seem harder than it is. Tell entire order that u memorized in chat, thus shaming that person’s lack of skill and making yourself seem smarter. Let him stay, so we wipe again but it’s not his fault. But u strongly suspect it is cos he’s only one not exp (it’s obv). Feeling insulted at someone not reading ur post, as well feeling angry ur group alrdy wiped twice due to a stupid oversight, proceed to silent kick him and replace him with ur guildie who’s run the boss at least 100 times before. You trust him, his failure rate is essentially negligible. You finish without wipe (hopefully) and forget abt what happened.

2. The guy does seem competent for most part. You press him ask if he’s new to raids. He says he’s done a couple bosses, can provide kill proof if needed. You say it’s ok, bc this is a diff boss than he’s used to and kill proof means nothing since he could’ve been carried or bought from a raid sell post anyway. You figure yeah why not give him a shot. Worst you can do is waste 5-9min (assuming of course u wiped at 50% like last time – if not than he’s doing better, but he gets boot anyway if boss not killed). You explain the mechanic to him, it’s simple enough so u make sure he understands that. Say something along lines of ‘you wanna be on the lookout for cannons, the direction they spawn is indicated by the crossed swords on minimap. Order is preferable to be aware of but that can come later. You see a person on jump pad, throw with your special action key to that launch pad. It’s easy, see? But mess it up again we kick u, sorry man.’ Then you call ready check and try again. Worst case scenario, guy messes up again and gets group killed at 50%, again.. wasted 5min but that’s ok since ur not doing record run, he’s just unteachable tho so yeah either tell him or leave or kick him outright. Or (hopefully) he learns this simple mechanic, doesn’t mess up again cos u taught him well and u finish fine without wiping again. So that’s not bad, 5min lost is nothing and u can feel good as person abt helping a guy out whos trying to get his first kill on boss. Now he’s exp since he learned something, and u feel as capable leader since u gave him good advice that he followed on first try without wiping group (that’s a relief cos u woulda kicked him anyway, u don’t have enough time to sit around train a newbie).

So pick which person u would choose to be.. If person #1 then you are like most ppl on this thread, who hold steadfast to ‘exp is for exp’. If your the 2nd kind of person then yeah I respect u cos it’s what I would do too. I might hate on noobs and be a hypocrite half the time but at least I have decency to spend a little bit of time and effort to help out someone who’s clearly not completely unexp’d as they would seem.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The person making the LF-more request gets to decide what they mean by “experienced” — it’s not up to me as the LFGer to interpret it to favor me. If they are looking for experienced, then I would definitely ask them before presuming that “knowing theory” is sufficient.

I think the OP is in a weird place, where they are too experienced for a newbie run and not don’t have enough practice to keep up with most folks in a “LF-more/experienced” run. It can seem easier to find training for newbies and those asking for practiced raiders and harder to find someone for adepts. But there are such guilds out there.

It’s not as easy as some are suggesting — you can’t just decide to find the right group and that’s it. You will have to do some research, looking in these forums or on reddit for folks advertising/recruiting. In your shoes, I’d whisper some of the friendly posters in this thread and ask them if they know people willing to take me on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The sapper bombs are on the same level of importance as the heavy bombs or flame wall. If you fail them, you fail the boss fight.
You don’t throw them anywhere else than the plattforms during a cannon spawn. Hitting Sabetha or one of her companions with them is a DPS loss.

“There is another AoE that originates from middle of the platform and shoot out red orbs. If any of the orbs touches you, it will create red circle AoEs that act like gravity well and lift you up. These circular AoEs will also increase your debuff stacks.”

From the Dulfy guide. You just disqualified yourself. Joined experienced groups without experience and didn’t read guides properly.

Explaining things to people doesn’t make them experienced. It makes them educated. Experience comes from doing the mechanic. So no, you are still new in your #2.

The middle ground between training runs and experienced runs would be a raiding guild, not a PUG.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

nagr.1593

The sapper bombs are on the same level of importance as the heavy bombs or flame wall. If you fail them, you fail the boss fight.
You don’t throw them anywhere else than the plattforms during a cannon spawn. Hitting Sabetha or one of her companions with them is a DPS loss.

“There is another AoE that originates from middle of the platform and shoot out red orbs. If any of the orbs touches you, it will create red circle AoEs that act like gravity well and lift you up. These circular AoEs will also increase your debuff stacks.”

From the Dulfy guide. You just disqualified yourself. Joined experienced groups without experience and didn’t read guides properly.

Explaining things to people doesn’t make them experienced. It makes them educated. Experience comes from doing the mechanic. So no, you are still new in your #2.

The middle ground between training runs and experienced runs would be a raiding guild, not a PUG.

My point is that even failure in one mechanic in exp groups for raids will 90% of time result in kick by leader even if it’s one that has high chance of wiping the group. So say the group wiped at 50% or less and all had to type /gg cos of one person’s mistake, they would have wasted less then 5min for that. It’s easier to kick that person cos u don’t trust him and replace him with a guildie. But to give an example, many times esp after dungeon nerf (because no one was running dungeons, so hard to get exp on a path) i would have ppl for easy path like CoF p1 that didn’t know what to do at the gate part bc they were new and had no clue what to do. Was it much easier to kick them and replace them? yes. But almost always we would explain it to them, bc it was a simple mechanic that required teamwork and yes group couldn’t progress otherwise, plus risk of a wipe longer that it took. Sometimes it took a similar amount of time before the guy figured out what to do. Other times we got impatient when he took too long or wouldn’t listen so we kicked him and got another, and that’s ok too. If we forget the inconvenience of everyone in raids being forced to type /gg and start over, actual time wasted for whole group has been on a similar order to previous example. So why is it failure is so punishing for exp groups, and when it’s only one person it’s almost guaranteed a kick rather than explaining to them what they doing wrong in simplest terms?

So maybe I didn’t read every part of guide but like sometimes it hard for me to put things together. In the section on sapper bombs, nothing mentioned about where to look or figure it out by using minimap. It’s explained much later but in a separate section, but how to use this to figure out what to do (and I understand now since an earlier poster pointed it out to me, and if you still don’t think this qualifies me to repeat this mechanic correctly with exp group cos I’m not exp or don’t know where my special action key is, then defend urself by saying why and let’s see what outcome is.

Yes I did read that part in Dulfy guide that u mentioned carefully. It says the AoE circles will increase ur own stacks, but nothing else. The previous poster was saying how it would hurt my groups chances bc it would end up reducing our DPS output. If this is true then ill admit I’m wrong and didn’t know.

So on the point of experience requiring hands-on training, ‘experience’ is defined also as ‘knowledge or practical wisdom gained from what one has observed (or encountered)’. Is it ok to say that knowledge can be imparted, from one person to another? A person makes a guide, another person reads it and is educated, thus acquiring knowledge he is considered experienced. I agree that for some things like tanking certain bosses, that requires practice only without which u can’t have experience (someone can’t exactly tell u how to tank or how to play ur class). But for dps role even Fatalyz agreed with me saying as long as u don’t have an important role to play like tank, then experience can come from knowledge itself since most times it’s not hard to figure out where to go, or how to do it. Tell me I’m wrong though, if u can give an example that doesn’t involve matt (or KC cos I haven’t gotten around to doing it) then ill accept it. I agree for matt I might have to ask my guild for training run, I’m in just one atm.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I would not take someone into raids if they exhibited the following behaviors:

- Lied in joining groups
- Didn’t know all the mechanics of the fight, including key ones like sapper bombs
- Thinks he is too good for training runs
- Does not take advice well
- Blames others for his mistakes, like the dulfy guide

Respect the group, and you’ll get respect in return.

But don’t, well, no one has an obligation to play with you. You can always make your own groups if you’d like.

nagr.1593

I just don’t understand the attitude of most ppl in this thread, especially Absurdo who’s always against me. In my previous post I proved what exp is defined as (to me). I read up on the unmentioned mechanic in sab, since no one in that group bothered to explain a simple thing to me. I now consider myself exp enough to join an exp group for this boss. what’s wrong abt it? I don’t think of it as lying or deceiving others, at least when I got majority of mechanics down and know how to respond to it.

I do feel I am too good for training runs, so u are right. In fact, I just ran with exp group for VG not an hour ago.. what happened? 3 wipes on a simple boss, got on 4th try. various complications, the rev was running hammer build and asked for kill proof, didn’t know what that meant -> insta-kick. A bit over the top for exp group not mentioning kill proof, but whatever. Then another person not speak English who said he was thai (doesn’t explain anything) who was over the top on toughness so tank was having problem and we also kick him. Then two more wipes cause they couldn’t stay on green.. I even had to step in once but we failed anyway. So if such a simple boss exp means nothing, what does that say majority of players who join them? Tell me I am a worse person/player than them bc I am more dishonest than them, and that skill doesn’t factor at all.

I take advice as long as it makes sense to me. you still haven’t defending half of your first post, esp why group time differs from the actual time (which is same as all). for instance I agree to do training run for matt with my guild. but no one else saying anything that make sense to me. I guarantee once I join exp group for sab and finish with minimal wipes some1 like Fatalyz will jump in to say how that was easy too, since I don’t have a bigger role or tank role etc.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I just don’t understand the attitude of most ppl in this thread, especially Absurdo who’s always against me. In my previous post I proved what exp is defined as (to me). I read up on the unmentioned mechanic in sab, since no one in that group bothered to explain a simple thing to me. I now consider myself exp enough to join an exp group for this boss. what’s wrong abt it? I don’t think of it as lying or deceiving others, at least when I got majority of mechanics down and know how to respond to it.

I do feel I am too good for training runs, so u are right. In fact, I just ran with exp group for VG not an hour ago.. what happened? 3 wipes on a simple boss, got on 4th try. various complications, the rev was running hammer build and asked for kill proof, didn’t know what that meant -> insta-kick. A bit over the top for exp group not mentioning kill proof, but whatever. Then another person not speak English who said he was thai (doesn’t explain anything) who was over the top on toughness so tank was having problem and we also kick him. Then two more wipes cause they couldn’t stay on green.. I even had to step in once but we failed anyway. So if such a simple boss exp means nothing, what does that say majority of players who join them? Tell me I am a worse person/player than them bc I am more dishonest than them, and that skill doesn’t factor at all.

I take advice as long as it makes sense to me. you still haven’t defending half of your first post, esp why group time differs from the actual time (which is same as all). for instance I agree to do training run for matt with my guild. but no one else saying anything that make sense to me. I guarantee once I join exp group for sab and finish with minimal wipes some1 like Fatalyz will jump in to say how that was easy too, since I don’t have a bigger role or tank role etc.

I think you have a big opportunity for some self-reflection here.

Let’s assume, as you say, you are experienced in VG. You join a pug group where you expect others to be experienced. You want to clear the content as quickly as possible.

Except some people lied to get in the group. One group member was running a laughably off-meta build and had trouble with the mechanics. Another directly interfered with the tank’s ability to move the boss.

So, either you:

1) Teach them, despite that you joined the group to get a kill as quickly as possible, and that you personally already put in the effort to learn the fight, or
2) Boot them, and find someone else

Either way wastes time, and it’s the liar’s fault. And yes, it does matter that you are wasting the time of nine other people.

One of the great things about gw2 is that you can play how you want. Sometimes, I want to just raid. Other times, I’m willing to teach more novice members. But if everyone adopted the system you advocate, it wouldn’t let players play how they want. And it looks like even you’re annoyed when other players lie to you.

All I want is to have my groups treated with respect. That includes not lying. If you dislike the group requirements, you are free to form your own.

nagr.1593

So here’s me getting first kill on sab with exp group. took us like 4 tries, though none of them was my fault in getting group wiped, random stuff happening we wcouldn’t plan for like someone downing mid-air, no one on cannons and our druid dying twice on flamewall (which was blamed on lag so that’s ok). It was group I posted for too, and asked for exp. Which doesn’t mean much since they still needed some tmie to get adjusted to it for some reason. Then again u can’t trust pugs as much as u trust yourself.

So little explanation on what i was responsible for. Not much honestly, it was kinda easy and got quite used to it on last attempt we had on boss. What I did majority of the time was, which I learned from what groups asked of me last time i ran it: I just stacked on top of him and dodged out when I had the bomb on me. I rarely ever got green bomb except when we were in flamewall phase and i was moving around, twice in same fight. I recognized what to do all time by 1st checking my minimap for the relevant icon as well looking on screen for person standing on platform. It wasn’t hard and was able to make throw 9/10 times. As well recognized from guide that if u do mess up once, chances are u will be tagged for one again soon. The fight was only really hectic past 25% or so, did get downed once on the small aoe’s but got ressed without problem. the only part that needed cc was the 2nd boss that come down, I didn’t even need to swap sets. So tell me why sab is so hard that exp pug groups are so distrustful of anyone that joins? If they want to finish on 1st try without wipes then they should post for LI and get similar-minded ppl in group. Again, they should but don’t most times. This is not my interpretation of post either, just the way it is. Its the system as it is, I am not claiming to adopt a new one but simply making use of the old one. This doesn’t mean that I necessarily approve of it the way that it is either.

@Absurdo.. I don’t advocate teaching anyone in pugs what build to run, esp. when its obvious they are running diff build than they are supposed to it makes much more sense to kick them and indeed have done so. However when a question of exp, yeah I can do something abt that if the person is willing to listen and adapt. If its not too hard to learn, explain it in simple terms and see if person follows advice. if not, kick him. If its a mechanic that u can’t teach (like gor’s ground pound or whatever) then yeah kick them since they should have general idea of it beforehand.

Attachments:

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

There’s experienced as in the “I’ve done this a couple times so I know what has to be done to succeed, but pulling it off may be hard as I’ve only done it a couple of times and I may forget or not know a few mechanics” and there’s experienced as in the “I’ve done this 100+ times and I know it like the back of my palm”

Always assume groups that say exp are looking for the ones who know the fight like the back of their palm and if you don’t know it that well go “Hey, I’ve only done this a handful of times and I’ve gotten the kill X times (or not gotten the kill yet), will that be a problem?”

I’m experienced with CoE explorable paths. I know the general mechanics. But pulling them off, isn’t always going to happen smoothly and I certainly can’t do teaching runs.

The key is to be honest. The players may be willing to be patient and explain mechanics to someone who tells them they are new or haven’t done it a bunch. But would not be patient or willing to do so if the player tells them they know the raid and then evidence shows that they don’t.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

There’s a difference between I’ve done this a few times to I know this off the back of the hand. When people make experienced teams especially at reset they expect you to know the fight to the level you can do it with 1 hand tied behind your back. I don’t think you are experienced enough at that stage yet despite you think you are. The biggest proof is that you didn’t know how bombs and madness orbs work until we told you in this thread. Stick to training until you can do the fight just by instinctively knowing timings and mechanics. It’s also easy as hell to get lucked out on Sab and Xera if you never get ported or never get bombed.

Also anyone will tell you that there is a difference pve drones and experienced people that raid a lot. In terms of reaction speed, class mechanics, general game knowledge, and overall multitasking, there is a huge difference. So you say any PvE player without experience can DPS, that is false as most can’t even get rotations right. This is why people want experienced players when they clear. I use to co-lead a few training runs and the difference in terms of skill level is very very noticeable.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Ever have Viper Reapers believe that you have to stay in Reaper Shroud after popping 3-5-4 and consume it all as part of their condi rotation? Because RS1 is such an impressive dps rotation compared to scepter…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

i just think he’s hilarious. doesnt know boss mechanics and complains when he is kicked claiming to be experienced lol. that and he literally doesn’t listen to anyone and just keeps thinking hes the best thing since sliced bread