Raids, what flavor?

Raids, what flavor?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, here’s one to get the masses talking, I hope.
What is considered the most sought after profession for Raids? Now, I know that each boss/encounter is different but just looking for a general overall aspect, kinda like what “should” every raid have. Like we know VG needs the condi for the Red guardian, but is all Reaper ideal or maybe something else, thoughts along those lines.
Feel free to add in why you think as well, intrigued to see what people are thinking in terms of raiding.

Raids, what flavor?

Posted by: Luigi.8076

Luigi.8076

What should every raid group have? A chrononancer to provide quickness + alacrity while tanking if needed for that encounter. 2 phalanx strength warriors to provide might, empowered allies and banner buffs along with average personal dps. 2 druids (preferably dps variants however most groups probably require 1 full healer at least which is fine ) druids are there to provide grace of the land stacks, spirit buffs, spotter,fury,good cc, maintaining scholar rune bonus on party members , as well as fairly good personal dps if you play Condi/power variant. The other slots are open for dps professions which vary from encounter to encounter, generally it involves a mix between reapers, tempests, dragonhunters and thieves/daredevils.

Quantify [qT]

Raids, what flavor?

Joxer.6024

Thanks for that, its a start, and from one who knows for sure. Funny I didn’t see a Rev mentioned. Are they slowly becoming obsolete in lieu of Chrono having the right runes and such?
So 5 more or less filling the roles of the “holy trinity”, for lack of a better term, leaving room for 5 dps of any flavour. Now of course we know if VG then condi is a must but still good to know. Not sure why so many are crying that they have no place in raids for surely with 2-5 spots open it shouldn’t be an issue?
Only problem I see is if someone has one toon and that one is perhaps one of the less ’favoured" of the classes for raiding. But this game does allow for a person to have several so again no real need for the raid hate.
Looking forward to what others have to add!

Raids, what flavor?

Luigi.8076

Oh I didn’t even notice I forgot to mention rev. Imo revenant is essential to have for every group. It provides fury and protection with ease and does good dps at the same time while having great cc capabilities. A lot of people think commanders(or full boon duration) chronomancer and say another tempest instead of a rev is way better dps when in fact the gap between the two is really small. I think its a really bad idea for unorganized groups especially to not take a rev because fury issues are commnon in pugs and rev simplifies that. Overall though I think that every group should have a revenant too and personally I would never run without one.

People always complain that " my class isn’t wanted I can’t raid" even though atm all the classes that fill dps roles are pretty close to each other. It’s still funny to see how most pugs are still demanding tempests even though a decent thief would definitely out dps an average tempest while providing big cc contribution.

Quantify [qT]

Raids, what flavor?

Joxer.6024

Oh I didn’t even notice I forgot to mention rev. Imo revenant is essential to have for every group. It provides fury and protection with ease and does good dps at the same time while having great cc capabilities. A lot of people think commanders(or full boon duration) chronomancer and say another tempest instead of a rev is way better dps when in fact the gap between the two is really small. I think its a really bad idea for unorganized groups especially to not take a rev because fury issues are commnon in pugs and rev simplifies that. Overall though I think that every group should have a revenant too and personally I would never run without one.

People always complain that " my class isn’t wanted I can’t raid" even though atm all the classes that fill dps roles are pretty close to each other. It’s still funny to see how most pugs are still demanding tempests even though a decent thief would definitely out dps an average tempest while providing big cc contribution.

Let me ask you this….
With the changes with DH now you reckon using sword/torch they can be as good as Rev, with keeping fury up due to symbol? Perhaps dps is on par or higher, allows you to stay ranged and you can cc as well with bane signet? Just some thoughts for other options is all. That and Rev is getting sooo boring, lol.

Raids, what flavor?

Luigi.8076

DH fills a DPS role and the fury it provides is a nice bonus but it shouldn’t replace the rev. revenant can access cc much easier than guardian can without having to kitten its DPS e.g using bane signet like you suggested. so overall DH is a great choice for a dps slot and offers some small but nice utility, but I wouldn’t try replace rev with it

Quantify [qT]

Raids, what flavor?

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

if you can multi tasking between druid/chrono tank/ps war/tempest/viper necro
these are good prof easy to join pug

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Raids, what flavor?

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

oh on rev side.. yes, I like to hv rev :P in the team too for that cool dragon cc xD and other things too ofc

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Raids, what flavor?

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

Imo revenant is essential to have for every group. It provides fury and protection with ease and does good dps at the same time while having great cc capabilities.

Hi, I’m curious about the protection thing. Is it possible to sustain the elite facet for significant periods of time (swapping to Jalis back and forth) and at the same time keep your ability to provide cc when necessary? It seems to me anyone trying this will run into low energy issues. I’d like to see a real combat situation – if at all possible – where the rev would provide considerable protection and at the same time contribute appropriately with cc.

In this video from your guild, which shows a smooth and fast run, the rev only activates the elite facet when cc is needed, meaning protection is only given for short periods of time and as a side benefit from the main desired effect which is the cc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUH21wQNDk