Random Thought

Random Thought

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If dungeons didn’t have rewards, would people care about efficiency in them? How would it effect the PvE community?

To be clear, this isn’t a complaint or request. I won’t argue your view, in fact I won’t post in this thread again. I’m just posting this as something to muse over.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Random Thought

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

if dungeons didn’t have rewards and we weren’t forced to grind for rewards to obtain BiS gear, I’d run them anyway, and still as efficiently as my skill allowed, as I find most of them fun to do.
if they just wouldn’t give any rewards while we still needed to grind as much as we do now (with 10 lvl 80’s equipping each with multiple sets is incredibly costly and annoying), I’d neither touch a dungeon nor the game ever again.

just my opinion though.

Random Thought

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’d RP in dungeons still. I wouldn’t bother completing them, though.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Random Thought

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

In the past, I probably would not bother since I was mostly in it for the rewards. But now? I guess I would do them to hone my skill. As it is I don’t really do many dungeons anymore save for Arah and the occasional low level pug fractal.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Random Thought

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

If dungeon has no rewards, I’ll be staying on WvW mostly.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Random Thought

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

Dungeons I probably wouldn’t bother with, however fractals I run for the love in my passionate quest for teamwork and the hope one day of doing a “perfect run” at level 50 with 5 complete strangers.

Property of Gandara EU

Random Thought

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

The change will mainly drive away the players who run dungeons for gold/free armor + more fun than following the mindless farming train.
Of course these players sometimes make other players care for efficiency, however they make the majority of players who run dungeons in the first place.
After all you wont change the attitude of players towards efficiency in dungeons, you’ll just make dungeons/fractals vast and empty places.
After all playing "PUG-Roulette needs 4 other players beeing intrested in running a certain path at the same time.

RIP game 2012-2014

Random Thought

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

If dungeons didn’t have rewards, would people care about efficiency in them? How would it effect the PvE community?

I would never touch that hypothetical version of the game even with a ten foot pole. So basically you take the only fun part of PVE and make it give zero reward, forcing you to do terribly boring content to get anything at all ? this would be the last nail in the coffin for this game. If dungeons didn’t give rewards, why even play this game anymore. So that you can join open world zerg to press 111 with occasion V key ?

If dungeons didn’t give rewards, it’s not that I would stop caring about the efficiency (I wouldn’t), I would just stop caring about this game at all. I already am half-way there after all. It is very hard indeed to find the care to log what with DS2 and the D3 revamps.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)