Ranger / engineer changes and Meta.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So obviously rangers got a nice damage increase. Engineers on the other hand got lots of changes to their flamethrower kit, making me wonder, will flamethrower now replace mine field or elixir gun?

I feel the flamethrower 2 + 4 now being blast finishers + ticking damage on each second might help bring it over mine field if we need the fire fields.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I could see a FT engi keeping up some decent might, particularly if they switch in bomb kit for the additional fire field, but I’m not sure if they’ll be any better at it than an ele who can already stack tons of might while bringing top tier DPS.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

The signet change is really nice for rangers, personally it was tedious to keep swapping between remorseless, SoTB and bountiful hunter every encounter if you want to maximize your damage.

Highest personal DPS after patch will probably be 6/5/0/3 with predator’s onslaught and 1h sword being more important than before (good cripple uptime even to legendary mobs to proc predator’s onslaught) and SoTW will be in your skill bar always just like Frost Spirit.

Entangle having the same CD as SoTW would probably be also more useful(significant bleed damage and immob to trigger predator’s onslaught) for cases where you don’t need the Fury from RaO.

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Entangle changes will make Fractals faster and easier. Very nice. What’s that grawl shamen? Your flamey ball thingy rejected Twice in row!?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Posted by: desertleaf.5403

desertleaf.5403

Why is everyone saying damage increases on ranger? Signet of beastmaster trait is damage. Wild sig giving 25% more damage to player and pet… Now anet replaces it with a trait giving more damage vs slowed foes? Thats a huge kitten nerf, stability and done.

You think faster attack speed to long bow with trait and little adjustments to longbow and gs will make up for it? Hell, 25%more damage is greater than 7%

Its clear no one plays ranger, and those who have complained never played correctly.
This a nerf for the pros, a boost to the weak, making ranger worse than a support class.

Ranger is by far the most skilled required profession in this game, and we are removing the 1 trait that makes all the signets useful? When this patch gets active, rangers are walking corpses.

No invulnerability, no 25% more damage, no 150% single damage from hunter signet…. All kittened up. Go figure.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Why is everyone saying damage increases on ranger? Signet of beastmaster trait is damage. Wild sig giving 25% more damage to player and pet… Now anet replaces it with a trait giving more damage vs slowed foes? Thats a huge kitten nerf, stability and done.

All signets will now trigger on you + the pet by default. So you can get the active signet effects + the 10% from the new trait etc.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Signets – huge buff, opens up more possibilities. Can still reflect burst but no longer forced to take that grandmaster to do it.
GS – minor buff, hoping this will make gs more acceptable in challenging fights.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I could see a FT engi keeping up some decent might, particularly if they switch in bomb kit for the additional fire field, but I’m not sure if they’ll be any better at it than an ele who can already stack tons of might while bringing top tier DPS.

Flame Blast being a blast finisher means the Engie can now take Flamethrower in lieu of Bomb Kit without losing any might stacking, which in turn pushes their DPS up lot because now they can spam Flame Blast too.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

You think faster attack speed to long bow with trait and little adjustments to longbow and gs will make up for it? Hell, 25%more damage is greater than 7%

Its clear no one plays ranger, and those who have complained never played correctly.
This a nerf for the pros, a boost to the weak, making ranger worse than a support class.

Ranger is by far the most skilled required profession in this game, and we are removing the 1 trait that makes all the signets useful? When this patch gets active, rangers are walking corpses.

No invulnerability, no 25% more damage, no 150% single damage from hunter signet…. All kittened up. Go figure.

Signets will now affect the Ranger by default.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Imma try the condi solo again since they’re buffing ricochet, just for funsies. Who knows how it will turn out.