Ranger in Fractals @48

Ranger in Fractals @48

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

What Haviz said is a false statement. Since smite works, I figured the 2 ranger ones I used would but they don’t. You can check the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanic_Fractal

“Also, saving the “multiple shot” skills for these occasions is recommended. Note that not all multi-hit skills tick the shield multiple times; for instance, the Guardian’s Smite skill ticks the shield extremely rapidly, but the Engineer’s grenades only tick once per volley."

If you speak from experience, you should really spend more time in fractals. Watch this simple clip. Smite not only doesn’t remove more than 1 stack, it doesn’t even remove more than 0. Enjoy.

-_- we know, you also can’t condition a block

You can with necro or warrior with signet of might.

I actually knew that smite didn’t work. I checked the wiki hoping it would be wrong to really sell it there. I was hoping to draw out the real haviz to get a passive aggressive response instead of the usually vague insulting ones that you can explain that you don’t mean anything by. I enjoyed the edited and deleted comments as well before the final. It must be lonely up on that pedestal. GGs

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

What Haviz said is a false statement. Since smite works, I figured the 2 ranger ones I used would but they don’t. You can check the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Volcanic_Fractal

“Also, saving the “multiple shot” skills for these occasions is recommended. Note that not all multi-hit skills tick the shield multiple times; for instance, the Guardian’s Smite skill ticks the shield extremely rapidly, but the Engineer’s grenades only tick once per volley."

If you speak from experience, you should really spend more time in fractals. Watch this simple clip. Smite not only doesn’t remove more than 1 stack, it doesn’t even remove more than 0. Enjoy.

I actually knew that smite didn’t work. I checked the wiki hoping it would be wrong to really sell it there. I was hoping to draw out the real haviz to get a passive aggressive response instead of the usually vague insulting ones that you can explain that you don’t mean anything by. I enjoyed the edited and deleted comments as well before the final. It must be lonely up on that pedestal. GGs

Ooooo lordy, I can tell that the next couple comments in this thread are gonna be golden.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Ranger in Fractals @48

obal.3218

Ooooo lordy, I can tell that the next couple comments in this thread are gonna be golden.

Another edit!

If you speak from experience, you should really spend more time in fractals. Watch this simple clip. Smite not only doesn’t remove more than 1 stack, it doesn’t even remove more than 0. I heard you were a good player.

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

I had to make it sound more excitable!

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You can expect obal’s zealots.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Wait Haviz, so you just know today that smite doesn’t remove anything? Now that’s something I don’t expect it because every one claim that all skills remove 1 shield stack.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

Smite works.

Yes, you knew about smite, symbol of wrath, hunter’s call etc and in your video guides and in this thread you claimed otherwise. Your opening post said you could even solo’d bubble just by using longbow2 and warhorn4. Every time I see anyone using long channeled skills makes me wonder if they even play the same game.

I deleted my previous post and slightly edited it cause I have bad experience with mods, swiftpaw can tell you something about that.

Wait Haviz, so you just know today that smite doesn’t remove anything? Now that’s something I don’t expect it because every one claim that all skills remove 1 shield stack.

obal and other people claimed fast hitting skills remove more than 1 stack, I and Anubarak have said it’s wrong and that it removes 1 stack but after simple test it appears it doesn’t even remove 1 stack. I had no idea about that since I don’t use scepter at all.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

not everyone who thinks some people need to get over their ridiculous hangups about DnT is an “obal zealot”

Retired. Too many casuals.

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

I deleted my previous post and slightly edited it cause I have bad experience with mods, swiftpaw can tell you something about that.

Idk what you’re talking about, the mods love me, they’re always inboxing me messages.

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

Everytime I say that obal is wrong in his guides (that for some reason they think is an insult) I got a reply which defends obal and tries to discredit me.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Idk what you’re talking about, the mods love me, they’re always inboxing me messages.

Get in line, you ain’t that special.

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

Get in line, you ain’t that special.

But..But.. I…. They… I thought.. I thought…

T_T

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Everytime I say that obal is wrong in his guides (that for some reason they think is an insult) I got a reply which defends obal and tries to discredit me.

No, I don’t want to be called an Obal Zealot. I actually agree with you on this.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Ranger in Fractals @48

obal.3218

The only things you have said is there is a lot of room for improvement and I gave false information. I’m not sure how anyone can discredit statements like that. It’s not constructive or helpful and doesn’t sound well. If you pointed something out specifically like Anubarak did where I can recheck and fix what I post then that would be helpful and more than welcome. I was surprised to see that the ranger skills seemed to be working since I didn’t think they would but like I said my team wakittenting them when I told them not to so I couldn’t tell. I went back and rechecked it and fix the op after Anubarak’s post.

You also rip on us a lot for using guardians and rip on everyone for exploiting yet you seem to be keen on all of them and do fractal levels that can only be gotten to from exploiting. Your posts come off quite condescending and I felt like having some fun and testing your character.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: mike.7685

mike.7685

The reason you are discredited on these forums is because you speak vaguely. You try to pose yourself as a mindful player that is only out to help and be the good guy, when your true intentions are to discredit the players that do not use similar tactics as you and Wethospu.

Players that do not even know obal or follow him as an all mighty “ZEALOT!” Trust his word over yours because you do not present yourself as useful in any way.

Garnished Toast
WvW – Warrior Achilles

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I like haviz

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Haviz is in fact useful. He’s the forum curmudgeon. Don’t hate — that’s his thing.

Ranger in Fractals @48

mike.7685

See Haviz, you have zealots too. All it takes is a little negativity… Thanks for proving my point.

Garnished Toast
WvW – Warrior Achilles

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

See Haviz, you have zealots too. All it takes is a little negativity… Thanks for proving my point.

That…. That was art.

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I think obal and haviz actually get along very well and are trolling everyone else on the forums

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger in Fractals @48

The Mexican Cookie.3690

There’s a difference between saying you like someone and defending their every word against any potential negative comment.

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

There’s a difference between saying you like someone and defending their every word against any potential negative comment.

Yes, most definitely.

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Yes, most definitely.

I agree, absolutely.

Ranger in Fractals @48

mike.7685

Yes, most definitely.

I agree, absolutely.

I concur.

Garnished Toast
WvW – Warrior Achilles

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Yes, most definitely.

I agree, absolutely.

I concur.

Quoted for emphasis.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

/derail When someone asks you for advice what he can improve so he becomes able to solo content. What will you tell him?
To copy you playstyle and do everything right
- or –
to go practise and try to figure out how to improve yourself?

Using second method will probably not bring up everything possible but by practising and thinking about it, the person who asked you will definitely improve. Using the first method usually ends up as nothing since it’s practise and mechanic understanding what the person lacks of.

And there you got your answer why haviz brings vague comments. Instead of defending will save a lot of whatever or whoever, thinking about possible improvement/doing tests yourself will save a lot of aggressivity, meaningless posts and mod-pm’s in your inbox.

<- Cookie’s zealot, he blackmails me with delicious pastry.

Dub | [rT]

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

You also rip on us a lot for using guardians and rip on everyone for exploiting yet you seem to be keen on all of them and do fractal levels that can only be gotten to from exploiting. Your posts come off quite condescending and I felt like having some fun and testing your character.

I don’t play with guardian anymore and I have never used more than 1. I also don’t see how getting to 80 is exploiting. Maybe you should report that as an exploit.

If I were you, I would go watch some of your vids, there’s more than just “use smite on the bubble”.

The reason you are discredited on these forums is because you speak vaguely. You try to pose yourself as a mindful player that is only out to help and be the good guy, when your true intentions are to discredit the players that do not use similar tactics as you and Wethospu.

Players that do not even know obal or follow him as an all mighty “ZEALOT!” Trust his word over yours because you do not present yourself as useful in any way.

It’s not about using tactics that I use but about lacking common and basic knowledge and claiming silly things like “stand behind bloomhunger, you won’t get hit”. Trust his word for all I care, you’re just doing yourself a favour.

Not long ago guy called GuanglaiKangyi claimed rangers are good dps class. Some invectives were throws and now they make guides with rangers. You know how you usually call that behaviour?

(edited by haviz.1340)

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’m not one for hand-holding, but saying “you have false information in your post” or whatever the case may be isn’t being helpful. Those are not the only 2 options for telling someone how to overcome an obstacle, either. I don’t know why you seem to think they are. You don’t have to babysit someone and explain every little detail to them, but you can give advice and explain things. Vague comments offer nothing and there is really no point to them.

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I don’t play with guardian anymore and I have never used more than 1. I also don’t see how getting to 80 is exploiting. Maybe you should report that as an exploit.

Wat? Everybody knows those were achieved through exploiting. Maybe not YOU but certainly at the top of the chain of people who opened 51+ odds.

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

Wat? Everybody knows those were achieved through exploiting. Maybe not YOU but certainly at the top of the chain of people who opened 51+ odds.

Rezzing orbs and search and rescue were exploits?

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m bit interested why did you choose to bring me in?
Just to clear up any misconceptions, I use exploits. Most notably getting out of combat during boss battles. Also last night on Dredge level 79 I… jumped over the first gate…

Also I find it bit terrific if people blindly follow someone who doesn’t know some basic stuff and doesn’t bother to check it up. I mean I still get yelled at Lupicus for not stacking at range…

That…. That was art.

What about my zealots then?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

I like this.. it’s Team Obal against Team Haviz!

Who will win?!?!

TIME SHALL TELL!

Personally I’m going for team Swiftpaw, because nobody likes team Swiftpaw >:(

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Who will win?!?!

TIME SHALL TELL!

I’ll be your zealot, but you have to play Ranger.

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

Who will win?!?!

TIME SHALL TELL!

I’ll be your zealot, but you have to play Ranger.

:O I will do it. I will do it for you O_O

Ranger in Fractals @48

The Mexican Cookie.3690

#TeamCookie

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

I’m not one for hand-holding, but saying “you have false information in your post” or whatever the case may be isn’t being helpful. Those are not the only 2 options for telling someone how to overcome an obstacle, either. I don’t know why you seem to think they are. You don’t have to babysit someone and explain every little detail to them, but you can give advice and explain things. Vague comments offer nothing and there is really no point to them.

It’s not helpful as it should be but when someone makes a video guide that ignores certain mechanics (that are fully described in dulfy guide for casuals) and makes their performance rather hilarious I can’t stop to wonder.

I’m bit interested why did you choose to bring me in?

That got me puzzled as well, we might sometimes play together but here we can defend our arguments by ourselves.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Wukunlin.8461

this ranger thread is starting to become like the other one

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

It’s a ra(n)ger thread.

Ranger in Fractals @48

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We can organize a fight between all the teams

Attachments:

Ranger in Fractals @48

swiftpaw.6397

It’s a ra(n)ger thread.

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It’s a ra(n)ger thread.

Ranger is good.

Attachments:

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’d like to participate but can’t attach pictures from my mobile phone

#TeamCookie

Dub | [rT]

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Haviz is in fact useful. He’s the forum curmudgeon. Don’t hate — that’s his thing.

Is that some kind of vegetable.

Ranger in Fractals @48

Wukunlin.8461

We can organize a fight between all the teams

bring it on

Attachments:

Oceanic [LOD]

Ranger in Fractals @48

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This wholr thread has met or exceeded all expectations I had. All the characters played their roles perfectly to script.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

Since this topic (like almost every other) has been derailed, let’s conclude. Rangers are bad unless you have 2 nannies watching over them. Agree/disagree?

Ranger in Fractals @48

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Since this topic (like almost every other) has been derailed, let’s conclude. Rangers are bad unless you have 2 nannies watching over them. Agree/disagree?

You see the evidence and you disregard it. Or maybe you actually haven’t seen it?

Brazil

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

You see the evidence and you disregard it. Or maybe you actually haven’t seen it?

You mean videos in OP? Or banner run in CoF1? Seen both of them but in the former he had 2 nannies so my point stand still.

Ranger in Fractals @48

mike.7685

If I were you, I would go watch some of your vids, there’s more than just “use smite on the bubble”.

It’s not about using tactics that I use but about lacking common and basic knowledge and claiming silly things like “stand behind bloomhunger, you won’t get hit”. Trust his word for all I care, you’re just doing yourself a favour.

Not long ago guy called GuanglaiKangyi claimed rangers are good dps class. Some invectives were throws and now they make guides with rangers. You know how you usually call that behaviour?

I like how you compare the Guardian to the Ranger class. You of all people should know MMO progression is all about discovery and theory crafting. Ultimately it comes down to who can find a way to make things work. Who is to say that Ranger will not have the greatest DPS? People are stuck on Warrior DPS like it will always be the best, that is not true.

Lets take a look at guild wars 1 shall we? Rangers were only mildly useful in general pve and never used in speed clears as major rolls. Towards the end of the game rangers were used in two of the biggest speed clears, where in underworld you needed 4 rangers to pull off the fastest times. Warriors, where were they? No where to be found in any run that was optimized…

These are two different games but they both follow progression, we will see how long warrior, or even the other current dps classes like Ele and thief, hold out as top of the line.

As for Obal, whether or not you think he knows these “mechanics” of the game or not I really don’t care. The fact remains that he tries to put out helpful information to the community and make better players. Wethospu was brought into this because he used to express this mentality, now its not about that at all.

Put some effort in and help people instead of pointing fingers. I never see any threads created by yourself, only posts bashing on others theories or ideas. You seem to be on these forums a lot, I think its time you start helping and stop trolling.

Garnished Toast
WvW – Warrior Achilles

(edited by mike.7685)

Ranger in Fractals @48

haviz.1340

I like how you compare the Guardian to the Ranger class.

I did it?

Put some effort in and help people instead of pointing fingers. I never see any threads created by yourself, only posts bashing on others theories or ideas. You seem to be on these forums a lot, I think its time you start helping and stop trolling.

Fair enough but you pointed out extremes.