Ranger nerfed in PvE for PvP purposes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You just nerfed pets, which are already weak in dungeons, moved haste to 25 BM, and did nothing substantial to up ranger damage or cleaving capacity, let alone pet susceptibility to aoe. In dungeons nobody cares for a group regen and swiftness, those are the weakest boons, especially on a traitline that kills your damage.

It seems ranger representation in PvE is of no interest to you while some spvp cries over BM quickly got the class blanket nerfs that adversely affected the class in the other formats where they’re actually deficient….

And if anything with these changes, warriors just got stronger…guardians are unchanged… and all the other mediocre classes stayed the same.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Even if Ranger’s pet’s were buffed 5x, I seriously doubt there would be a change in popularity. The problem has always been minions/pets = no dodge key, not a lack of DPS on their part. Also they aggro unnecessary stuff and the dont have, a human brain. So this wont affect as much. As for open world, its a known fact Ranger is a breeze so it is possible this is warranted.

Warriors didnt get “Stronger”, in fact they had 2 trait nerfs, much like your haste nerf. Guards unchanged yup, ofc, lol.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

And this is why I only run my ranger in a dungeon if it is with friends/guildies. Because I know they are going to be carrying me to some degree and I know they have the skill to do it. Although, when another guildie or friend brings a ranger with a LB and a bear I just facepalm.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Zenith.7301

Even if Ranger’s pet’s were buffed 5x, I seriously doubt there would be a change in popularity. The problem has always been minions/pets = no dodge key, not a lack of DPS on their part. Also they aggro unnecessary stuff and the dont have, a human brain. So this wont affect as much. As for open world, its a known fact Ranger is a breeze so it is possible this is warranted.

Warriors didnt get “Stronger”, in fact they had 2 trait nerfs, much like your haste nerf. Guards unchanged yup, ofc, lol.

They’ll go 30 into the power line, so they still get the full adrenaline bonus, except now it’s 15% bonus instead of 12%. Their axe auto got an overall buff. They don’t need the extra crit chance on full adrenaline. Power buff went up to 150 power for the group, axe traits got stronger.

The difference between GS/axe rotation and a pure axe mainhand rotation were already marginal — and the axe is buffed now.

As for rangers, all they neede was for pets to cleave baseline on their autos, aoe resistance, and better power scaling for both the pets and the ranger.

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I just ran full zerk with scholar runes in 36 FOTM and never had double death on my pets. The key is calling/sending at the right times. You do have a “dodge”: call back! You just have to watch your own position, the pet’s, and the boss’s. Also, Zenith is asking for a lot of OP stuff on the ranger forums so I’d be wary of his or her complaints as they aren’t coming from a place of deep knowledge, rather, it’s an emotional rant.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

It doesn’t matter in the long run. Rangers have terrible skills to choose from and offer so little utility value. All they can bring is dps which is out classed by other professions. Unless there is an expansion in which new skills and such are introduced they will always be bad in comparison to other classes.

You should just cut your losses and raise a better profession for pve. I loved ranger in gw1 during prophecies but after that they were a bad class and thankfully it swayed me from making this class last in gw2.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

they increased damage by 14% to 3 SB skill, be happy!!!!!!

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

They’ll go 30 into the power line, so they still get the full adrenaline bonus, except now it’s 15% bonus instead of 12%. Their axe auto got an overall buff. They don’t need the extra crit chance on full adrenaline. Power buff went up to 150 power for the group, axe traits got stronger.

The difference between GS/axe rotation and a pure axe mainhand rotation were already marginal — and the axe is buffed now.

As for rangers, all they neede was for pets to cleave baseline on their autos, aoe resistance, and better power scaling for both the pets and the ranger.

And they lose 9% crit chance which is effectively losing ~15% dmg modifier on base attack. Oh and those trait points into strength just cost you 2% dmg per boon which in any real party is at least an 8% modifier gone too.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

And they lose 9% crit chance which is effectively losing ~15% dmg modifier on base attack. Oh and those trait points into strength just cost you 2% dmg per boon which in any real party is at least an 8% modifier gone too.

We just ran a CoE, new build full axe mace saw no difference in killing times. SO MUCH OF A NERF!

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Loosing heightened focus on solo-able builds sucks balls.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

We just ran a CoE, new build full axe mace saw no difference in killing times. SO MUCH OF A NERF!

So you’re going to argue with really obvious math by using rough observations?…

I would also like to add that removing access to the crit chance trait was also a nerf to the mere possibility of condition builds that they continue to deny warriors.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Loosing heightened focus on solo-able builds sucks balls.

• Change servers
  • Join us
  • ???
  • Profit
Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Zenith.7301

I just ran full zerk with scholar runes in 36 FOTM and never had double death on my pets. The key is calling/sending at the right times. You do have a “dodge”: call back! You just have to watch your own position, the pet’s, and the boss’s. Also, Zenith is asking for a lot of OP stuff on the ranger forums so I’d be wary of his or her complaints as they aren’t coming from a place of deep knowledge, rather, it’s an emotional rant.

LOL,

“Recall pet”

Chopp loses 30-40% of his damage for the time the pet is recalled to him until it is sent back and reaches his target

What a marvelous solution!

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I see this update as a blessing, with each nerf to ranger, more and more people will realize they have deluded themselves about the class in dungeons and finally reroll.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

And this is why I only run my ranger in a dungeon if it is with friends/guildies. Because I know they are going to be carrying me to some degree and I know they have the skill to do it. Although, when another guildie or friend brings a ranger with a LB and a bear I just facepalm.

Truth.
…even when I’m the one carrying a really mediocre team, there’s this constant thought of “Y’know, an another class, I wouldn’t even need to dodge half this crap to Tank the boss, and I wouldn’t need these people to help DPS it down either”.

The Pet is the worst part… having to do this constant F1F3F1 Yo-Yo just to keep it alive but still doing DPS. Good grief what were they thinking? Ohhh, look at all these awesome micro skills! … meanwhile some nub in Zerkers is doing MORE dps when he’s downed half the time spamming 1111111 11111111 111111 1111111 11111

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It doesn’t matter in the long run. Rangers have terrible skills to choose from and offer so little utility value. All they can bring is dps which is out classed by other professions. Unless there is an expansion in which new skills and such are introduced they will always be bad in comparison to other classes.

You should just cut your losses and raise a better profession for pve. I loved ranger in gw1 during prophecies but after that they were a bad class and thankfully it swayed me from making this class last in gw2.

No dude you’re completely wrong. The way you slam rangers makes me regret every playing with you before. As far as I can tell, you’re completely uninformed and just another elitist.

Ranger is better in dungeons now with boon sharing in companion’s might insane buff. I don’t know how you “experts” overlooked that but you’d puke if you knew how much damage ranger can do now. But instead you will thrust your fingers into your ears and say LA LA LA. You know why? Because you live in LA LA land.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Nikaido.3457

You know, we have videos proving how fast our times can be. Where’s your evidence of rangers being sooo awesome? you are the ones who are suffering from major delusion and living in lalaland.

Zenith.7301

You know, we have videos proving how fast our times can be. Where’s your evidence of rangers being sooo awesome? you are the ones who are suffering from major delusion and living in lalaland.

Don’t feed him. We’ve had him for a while being a hype machine on the ranger forums. He made a an axe build for ranger showing how “awesome” it was in fractals while it took him centuries to kill the asura boss in the video. But hey, he had that craptastic axe #5 reflect!

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

No dude you’re completely wrong. The way you slam rangers makes me regret every playing with you before. As far as I can tell, you’re completely uninformed and just another elitist.

Ranger is better in dungeons now with boon sharing in companion’s might insane buff. I don’t know how you “experts” overlooked that but you’d puke if you knew how much damage ranger can do now. But instead you will thrust your fingers into your ears and say LA LA LA. You know why? Because you live in LA LA land.

I have to agree with you on this, Chopps. As a Ranger myself, I think they have quite a bit of untapped potential. You could always check out Eugene’s Ranger Video Guide (That’s me btw) for some more tips on the class.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I have to agree with you on this, Chopps. As a Ranger myself, I think they have quite a bit of untapped potential. You could always check out Eugene’s Ranger Video Guide (That’s me btw) for some more tips on the class.

ahahahahahahahaha

I love that video.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Moving from last place to 2nd to last place still sucks.

Good luck keeping your pet alive in the new dungeon @ the laser room lulz

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Didn’t some of you also consider Elementalist thrash with pretty much same arguments (“I have videos”)?
Just saying.

Nikaido.3457

Didn’t some of you also consider Elementalist thrash with pretty much same arguments (“I have videos”)?
Just saying.

You do realize that there are actually video evidence out there in favor of the conjure ele ? unlike people who keep spouting nonsense on rangers. Kitsune did a run with a DnT group to show off his build and there are ways to make it work better than it did during these videos.
The main point against ele LH is more that it has a high skill floor. To play this build decently requires both a strong group and a strong player. Just having a mesmer cast an ethereal field at the wrong time will kitten your dps (need the kitten fire field cast as first for the might stacks), very different from the average player just spamming FGJ out of cd and doing the typical war rotation. It’s also very squishy so it requires both a truly good ele player and a good guardian and constant use of blinds during trash fights. (I ran fractals on my conjure ele but I haven’t done dredge yet and I’m not quite sure how it would work without blinds.. might need to chain CC/stun badly.)

There has never been any evidence whatsoever that ever favored ranger in anything. And players like Dub have done solo run on all classes and considered ranger the worst among the classes they’ve played. That’s something.

This is what Chopps has to show for ranger :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75xWbWmN4Xc
( asura at 2nd minute )
lvl 28 fractal..
Axe dps makes baby jesus cry.

Now this is obal facerolling asura at 48.
It took less time for his group to completely annihilate asura at 48 than it took Chopps to do a part (since his video doesn’t show everything) of 28.

The fact is, none of these rangers have any experience with speedclearing in organized groups and no evidence recorded but they pretend they know more than we all do about it. They keep astroturfing the dungeon forums though.

I’m sorry but the arguments that could’ve gone against classes like ele in the past do not match at all the overwhelming evidence that ranger is the worst class in this game, it’s just that bad, the best ranger player will bring less to a group than an average (not bad! average.) warrior or guardian.

Speed clear oriented groups are NOT the only ones who hate on, and will kick, rangers. At this point, this class is almost universally reviled and the only reason why you’d take a ranger is out of overwhelming niceness/masochism. The best ranger will not even bring what an average war brings, but think about.. a bad ranger. That’s.. one of the most terrifying sight in this game. A bad warrior will just go down after having done some damage to the mobs. Bad rangers don’t always instantly go down.. instead they make your life a living hell by doing things like using the knockback on their bow and keep mob out of your melee stack/range.

I have never been more frustrated in a pug run than with bad rangers who punted mobs out with their bow while I was cleaving them.
Pug Mesmers used to do this a lot with their greatsword 5 and I hated them for this but they calmed down after learning how to use the sword from all these CoF p1 farm runs. Unfortunately, there will be hardly any opportunity for rangers to learn about the right tactics because the good groups will never let a ranger in.

The only players who sing the praise of rangers are players who are NOT experienced in speedclearing anything. Some of us who have experience in speedclears also have alt rangers, I know a couple guildies who even have legendaries on their ranger but won’t bring it during our speedruns.

There is a huge difference between debates about the viability of, say, ele in speedruns, between players who have experience in speedrun, and then guys like Chopps who are literally talking out of thin air with absolutely no experience to show.
Arguing with that type of player that don’t really have experience in a solid dungeon team gets old really fast.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

swiftpaw.6397

good god that axe dps…

colesy.8490

good god that axe dps…

Amazing, right? To think I get stick from people for telling them rangers suck when it’s just the reality.

And then when I tell them to tell me my guardian is a boring faceroll class, they don’t feel like insulting my class for some reason even though it’s true.

swiftpaw.6397

good god that axe dps…

Amazing, right? To think I get stick from people for telling them rangers suck when it’s just the reality.

And then when I tell them to tell me my guardian is a boring faceroll class, they don’t feel like insulting my class for some reason even though it’s true.

Rangers are op, look at how amazing those spirits were in buffing group dps in that video. Idk what you guys are smoking!

Nikaido.3457

He wasn’t even under the effect of the spirits for a good part of the video (much less the rest of the team). And that’s the video he made to make his point about rangers being so guwd.

swiftpaw.6397

He wasn’t even under the effect of the spirits for a good part of the video. And that’s the video he made to make his point about rangers being so guwd.

That was the part I thought was the best. You see, when people aren’t under effect of those spirits, the ranger isn’t worrying about them and calculating the dps increase in his head, and so he is freed up to do more damage with his axe skills. It all works out, God you elistist scumbags will say anything to talk down rangers these days.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Eugene Ranger OP.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Wethospu.6437

@Nikaido
It was just a friendly reminder that no matter how highly you think of yourself and your common sense, you can’t always be right. So it’s always good to leave some room for discussion even if something doesn’t fit your current opinion.

Nikaido.3457

I don’t “think highly” of myself. Arguments have to be backed up by facts. When the elementalist LH build came up, Kitsune backed it up with facts and evidence. Even before he recorded the videos he had made a lot of strong arguments. So far all the rangers player are doing is pure, complete hand waiving. “I’m doing good dps” and all kind of ways to word something when you don’t have math, theory crafting or actual recorded runs to back you up.

There is no room for discussion when the other party is talking stuff out of thin air. This is absolutely not comparable to the amount of arguments given by Kitsune in his initial “Ouch My Everything” ele thread. A lot of us were skeptical in the actual use of an ele in a speedrun group, but there was still room for the idea of giving it a shot at some point because there were actual arguments, evidence, put in front of us.

Rangers are just hand waiving everything. “Lalalala I’m dishing good dps lalalala”.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Wethospu.6437

If you guys are supposed to be “best of the best” then why didn’t you come up with Elementalist earlier? Hasn’t LH build been there around pretty much since launch?
If above is wrong feel free to disregard this, but how can you be sure that you aren’t missing anything else? (especially when game evolves all the time)

Also you seem to think enough high of yourself to make fun people (even when you aren’t correct).

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Zenith.7301

You think 10 months into the game rangers wouldn’t have figured out ONE good dungeon build? Or how to circumvent their garbage pet ai making them die all the time on aoe?

Sometimes the answer just isn’t there.

swiftpaw.6397

Here is a quote from Durzlla.6295 on the ranger forums, I thought this one was a real gem and explains everything:

Um, because i don’t give a kitten about what the meta is and i can give 2 kittens about what is “optimal” in PvE so long as i can get what i want done? I have had absolutely ZERO issue getting into groups with my Support ranger long before it was buffed, and my pet actually got a HUGE buff in PvE and can hit like an absolute freight train as i’m supporting the group a lot better than a warrior can, and i’m providing AoE prot, condi removal etc, things a warrior would have to sacrifice dps to do.
Idk about you, but all the DPS mashing idiots in my group are pretty happy they can drop their defensive stuff and pick up more offense when i’m there.

Enjoy! I especially like the part about how he doesn’t care that his class is bad, he’s still taking it anyway Support ranger op! all those people doing silly things like ‘dps’ ( haha omg dps, that’s so dumb, why the hell would we need dps?) are idiots!

God forbid this guy finds out about guardians and eles -_-

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Boycott-Gw2/first#post2304027

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

With this new patch, I’m going to have to talk to Eugene about making a new Ranger guide. He told me that he had some great ideas, and maybe it will finally shut you all up and your saying “Ranger sucks hurr durr.”

The meta will shift gears faster than The Stig.

Brazil

Zenith.7301

Video. We want to see how it actually fares in practice, competing with the current meta.

swiftpaw.6397

Yeh I cant wait to see those ranger speedclears be the new thing.

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

New season of Top Gear starts at July 8th.

[PLUM] – SOR

colesy.8490

Here is a quote from Durzlla.6295 on the ranger forums, I thought this one was a real gem and explains everything:

Um, because i don’t give a kitten about what the meta is and i can give 2 kittens about what is “optimal” in PvE so long as i can get what i want done? I have had absolutely ZERO issue getting into groups with my Support ranger long before it was buffed, and my pet actually got a HUGE buff in PvE and can hit like an absolute freight train as i’m supporting the group a lot better than a warrior can, and i’m providing AoE prot, condi removal etc, things a warrior would have to sacrifice dps to do.
Idk about you, but all the DPS mashing idiots in my group are pretty happy they can drop their defensive stuff and pick up more offense when i’m there.

Enjoy! I especially like the part about how he doesn’t care that his class is bad, he’s still taking it anyway Support ranger op! all those people doing silly things like ‘dps’ ( haha omg dps, that’s so dumb, why the hell would we need dps?) are idiots!

God forbid this guy finds out about guardians and eles -_-

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Boycott-Gw2/first#post2304027

Hey durzlla, did you know on my guard that I can dps and support my team at the same time?

Nikaido.3457

If you guys are supposed to be “best of the best”

The level of exaggeration is strong in this one. I never said or ever implied anything close to that. Did you mistake me for Brazil ?

then why didn’t you come up with Elementalist earlier? Hasn’t LH build been there around pretty much since launch?

The main reason it took so long for the LH ele to be considered as a viable option is the same reason why most speedrun groups ran anchor guardians instead of dps guardians until about 4 months ago (~ the same time the LH ele build started appearing). We only started to run even the guard as full deeps when we got better at the game and knew the dungeons better and the same thing can be said to apply to something as squishy as LH ele. Have you played LH ele? this thing can barely stand a couple attacks before going down. It’s constant work to ensure blind or stun on trash mob before they start touching you.
The LH ele at maximum damage potential build doesn’t even have vigor. When you have neither things like the war burst skill/gs ww or vigor to compensate things can get hairy. Fiery GS does offer a ww of its own but it’s not on high availability compared to the hammer. In many cases on LH melee you really need the group to be at— its best dps performance or you might seriously run out of dodge and drop dead like a fly. Pugging with it is possible but requires the use of endurance regen food to make it viable in a group that doesn’t output the right dps. Well, that’s if you use the maximized damage build, you could always kitten some and take points in Arcana for the vigor but then you might as well just run warrior.
As it is, ele is a much more fun than war class to play and decent alternative in speedruns but it’s not overwhelmingly superior either. I do find the fact that it’s more squishy and requires constant use of things like blind actually make it more fun to play for me than the classic war group. It does add some thrill to the run while the 3w/1g/1m group is a pretty well oiled machine with little risk to be had.

Anyhow, I digress. The reasons why people consider ranger vastly inferior to any other classes have little to do as to why some of the better classes have been less favored. (1 thief can also decently replace one warrior in a group). And the hate against rangers doesn’t only come from speedrun groups. A lot of the more casual groups will still kick rangers.

If above is wrong feel free to disregard this, but how can you be sure that you aren’t missing anything else? (especially when game evolves all the time)

This is a possibility but that possibility has to be answered with evidence.
When Kitsune presented the ele as having potential in speedruns he, gasp, backed up the claim. Or is that too much to ask? People are usually willing to listen once they’ve been proven wrong.

Also you seem to think enough high of yourself to make fun people

I’m sure you’ve never done that, and weren’t in fact doing that at the moment. I do love to “make fun people”, I have a clown generator.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The main reason it took so long for the LH ele to be considered as a viable option is the same reason why most speedrun groups ran anchor guardians instead of dps guardians until about 4 months ago (~ the same time the LH ele build started appearing). We only started to run even the guard as full deeps when we got better at the game and knew the dungeons better and the same thing can be said to apply to something as squishy as LH ele. Have you played LH ele? this thing can barely stand a couple attacks before going down. It’s constant work to ensure blind or stun on trash mob before they start touching you.
The LH ele at maximum damage potential build doesn’t even have vigor. When you have neither things like the war burst skill/gs ww or vigor to compensate things can get hairy. Fiery GS does offer a ww of its own but it’s not on high availability compared to the hammer.

Some people were running dps guardians shortly after launch and were laughed upon, heh. Anyway, I believe most decent groups run 2 guardians and one of them is that so-called anchor.

Nikaido.3457

Some people were running dps guardians shortly after launch and were laughed upon, heh. Anyway, I believe most decent groups run 2 guardians and one of them is that so-called anchor.

Only in FOTM 48.

And running full berserker right after launch when no one had much dungeon experience ? I am curious as to how often these guys went down.

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

swiftpaw.6397

Since we are in the business of making exaggerated and rather silly assumptions about the scumbag elitist Nikaido.3457, I have to say… He is actually a very down to earth guy, quite modest, also has a very sexy frenchy accent mrrooowww

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I see this update as a blessing, with each nerf to ranger, more and more people will realize they have deluded themselves about the class in dungeons and finally reroll.

Zenith.7301

People who main warriors don’t know how good they got it. Ditto for guardians.

LH ele goes down faster than a prom dress if you don’t know how to properly manage your dodges and your group doesn’t mitigate damage for you.

You basically run 916 toughness, at about 13k hp, with the lowest armor in the game. And no Renewing Stamina trait for vigor.

You can pretty much be 1-shot sometimes in fractal 48. It is NOT a self-sufficient spec and the group needs to be built and played around it, unlike Pappy Warrior going on his merry way of self-sufficiency.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

obal.3218

I’m not sure why saying a bad profession is bad is being elitist but ok. I’m sure the 100+ people I’ve helped over the coarse of the game would say otherwise about me. PVE is very unbalanced now and ranger is at the bottom still.

You say I don’t know what I’m talking about so I guess I’ll use your video you made to showcase how good rangers are. I will use your raving asura part of the video at scale 28 compared to my video at 48 which the enemies have more hp, damage, and agony hurts you.

I looked at you are running full zerker with scholar plus 300 power, 250 precision, 25% crit from your traits. This is a pure dps build. You are autoattacking for around 1k crits. I’m running the anchor build with knights armor and zerker trinkets and get 30% crit from traits as the only power buff. I do around 1500-3000 attacking depending on the skill in the chain. A warrior autoattacking with an axe with a dps setup would probably do around 4k here. Your axe #5 takes 5s to do 5k damage and the reflect is nothing special compared to a guardian, mesmer, or ele reflect/destruction. The rest of the video has pretty low numbers on both you and your pet compared to other classes as well.

You are boasting about the spirit. You run out of combat to put it up so in the time you could have been attacking it would have probably done more dps than putting the spirit up. Only half the group was affected by the spirit. Warriors banners are a lot better.

It took you about as long to show half the fight at 28 as it did for my group of good classes to do the whole fight at 48 as well. People in your guide that play ranger even say how they are lacking. Fractal 39 and below are pretty much faceroll with a half decent group of 1 guardian + 4 random professions. You will see how lacking they are when you play 40s for awhile. I’ve had 2 rangers before and we couldn’t rally on the dredge at all and that is an important part of 40s so the run took forever.

The bottom line is that Rangers don’t have good dps. They also lack the potential to be good based on their current weapon skills, utilities, and traits. Guardian, Warrior, Theif, and Elementalist all bring much more utility value and can do better damage. Play a berserker warrior for awhile and you will see the difference.

obal.3218

Continued since my post was too long (I feel like Nikaido now with all this typing )

If you want to prove me and everyone in la la land wrong then bring us some proof about rangers being good. Here are some things you can try to do so that a group consisting of good professions have done. Try to get around those times or better with 2+ rangers in the group since having 4 good professions and 1 to carry isn’t that bad but 2 is a drag.

Beat lupi in under a minute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4FyXNgX2CE

Fractal 48 (no lower)
(these were normal runs and not let’s get a record run like the lupi one.
they didn’t know I was even recording and we have done a bunch of them faster)
Captain Ashym 0:56 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18WL-QGZDsA
Mossman 3:00 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9cJWm-toi0
Bloomhunger 1:18 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFxIG-3awM
Legendary Shaman Lornarr 2:30 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EyabBIfmk
Archdiviner 2:20 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CxZV3WYk8
Raving Asura 1:30 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYs7bo-qlds
Jellyfish Beast 3:33 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-T1FZ61rcU
Legendary Rampaging Ice Elemental 2:41 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh8j6DRIOms
Legendary Dredge Powersuit 3:15 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDPPsBnB8k
Legendary Imbued Shaman 5:15 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdOMkq43OY
Champion Grawl Shaman 2:00 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvOlDiArL4M
Old Tom 1:00 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSYyqyW1cp4
Final Seal Archdiviner Fight 9:00 (spent 1m longer since we missed a charge) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD85exhKXcw

If you do try then remember 2+ rangers.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I have started to wonder if rangers can do more dps if they pick up a warrior banner and auto attack with it.

Oceanic [LOD]

swiftpaw.6397

Resounding silence is what you can probably expect Obal.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Well, Eugene just made a new Ranger guide. I have to say that Obal’s argument has been completely obliterated. I’ll post a link once Strife uploads it.

Brazil