Remove Downscaling in Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Personally I love down scaling in the open world, but I hate it in the dungeons. Maybe not everyone would agree, but I would really like it if dungeons did not down scale you at all.

Ascalon Catacombs – Mobs & Bosses = Level 35, which boosted stats of course.

I run that dungeon at level 35, I get owned. I run that dungeon at level 80, I get owned.

I hate that, when I am in the dungeons that is the one place I want to feel over powered. As far as armor and weapons, well screw that. Reset the armors and what not to a level 35, if you like the look.. use a transformation stone.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Go to level 1 zones if you want to feel OP.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you get owned in AC as a lvl 80 it is a learn to play issue.

Don’t want to sound rude, but it is.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Orbys.4895

Orbys.4895

Really, because I tried it with 4 different groups all ready. We can never seem to get past the burrow mounds rush. We focus everything on the burrows, but still get over run every single time at around 80%.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I hate that, when I am in the dungeons that is the one place I want to feel over powered.

lol wtf, is this opposite day?

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Really, because I tried it with 4 different groups all ready. We can never seem to get past the burrow mounds rush. We focus everything on the burrows, but still get over run every single time at around 80%.

Dude people solo and duo AC, groups speed run it in under 10 minutes. It’s probably the 2nd easiest overall dungeon in the game. It’s l2p, it’s not hard cause one group has trouble when thousands of other people realize how easy it is at this point.

At least pick something like Arah if you’re going to complain about something being hard.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Once you learn the pattern of were and when the Burrows plop up you can finish it before the progress hits 80% and just /dance the rest of the event.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Shadowfist.2708

Shadowfist.2708

Yeah I have to agree here. AC is not difficult – there’s something wrong with how you guys are running it. Possibly a combination of poor gear/build/strats working in harmony to squish you.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

You’re supposed to get stronger at the dungeon mainly by learning its layout and mechanics, not having statistical advantages. At level 80, you also have the advantage of using more traits than a level 35. The statistical advantage mentality is not something you should take from other games and apply to this system as you will be sorely misled.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Level means almost nothing in this game other than you having more tricks available to you. If you don’t know how to use those tricks, they wont help.

The whole point of the (exploreable) dungeons in this game is to provide a consistent challenge regardless of level.. and is one of the things that is truely unique and refreshing about this game. Now if only people would figure this out and stop insisting on lvl 80s for AC…

(Dear ANET, maybe another round of scaling nerfs are in order.. this time making it perfectly clear that a lvl 80 in exotics will have the same stats in AC as a lvl 35 in greens)

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

(Dear ANET, maybe another round of scaling nerfs are in order.. this time making it perfectly clear that a lvl 80 in exotics will have the same stats in AC as a lvl 35 in greens)

That wouldn’t do anything. Higher levels still have:

• More traits
  • Better runes and sigils
  • More consumables, stronger consumables

Posted by: Czinczar.3786

Czinczar.3786

quick advice for the gravelings burrows : have an elementalist spawn ice bows.

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

This must been fanny backwards day because I there is nothing wrong with downscaling in dungeons. While AC is annoying with some pugs, its the simplest dungeon to do. In fact the only challenge in AC is the pugs you play with. Just evade scavengers and DODGE everything else.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

I consider AC to be lv 35 dungeon:) When you go there at lv 80 with full exotics and traits it is already OP as hell.

Posted by: DropTrigger.5217

DropTrigger.5217

Downscaling is extremely annoying, especially for someone who plays solo. The only reason I can even see it having a purpose is because experience is shared. I bet the idea is they don’t want lv 80’s running through low level zones basically just handing xp to low level players.

So how do we fix this? Because I’m not gonna play much longer if I keep dying trying to do events by myself. What’s the purpose of building up your character if you can always get scaled down to whatever level the developers think you should be?

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Downscaling is extremely annoying, especially for someone who plays solo. The only reason I can even see it having a purpose is because experience is shared. I bet the idea is they don’t want lv 80’s running through low level zones basically just handing xp to low level players.

So how do we fix this? Because I’m not gonna play much longer if I keep dying trying to do events by myself. What’s the purpose of building up your character if you can always get scaled down to whatever level the developers think you should be?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dynamic_level_adjustment

• Prevents griefing by one shotting mobs before low levels can touch them
  • Keeps content somewhat challenging for scaled level
  • Level advantage would make botting much easier

You mainly level to get your minor/major traits to enhance your abilities. Other than that, you need to master dodging and proper skill timing to survive. Treating this like another MMO where you can just stand there and expect a heal from a potion/healer will get you killed easily.

The only dynamic events that you probably can’t solo are some group events and meta (gold border) events, since those are intended for multiple players. If you’re having problems with the regular events, your gear might be outdated and/or you may need to adjust your strategy. If you’re expecting to get a level advantage and one shot lower level mobs, then GW2 might not be for you.

It sounds like you’re talking about open world events, but this thread is about dungeon downscaling, which is intended for parties of five. You would probably only go with less if you wanted to challenge yourself or something, but the dungeon environment is intended to be more difficult than the open world, anyways.

(The previous posts are 2 months old, by the way. I suggest starting a topic in the appropriate forum if you want to discuss open world downscaling.)