Remove Mai Trin Cannon Phases...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

It’s just boring, not fun, cheap aswell as glitchy for people not having good CPU because they can’t see some AOE circles, every other boss is fair, but this one is frustrating mainly for that reason, either remove this or change it and do something similar to the Molten Facility…

Posted by: Cookiezz.5261

Cookiezz.5261

I rather enjoy Mai Trin still, but here are my thoughts (not agreeing that it should be removed, these are just my experiences).

If you have anything over 200ms ping, especially if its a spike and the game wasn’t ready to compensate for it, you’re going to die and on your screen you’ll be standing in nothing (until the game compensates of course, and you’re lying on the ground dead).

The number one problem I have with it, and this is with GW in general, is that the circles themselves don’t accurately represent the area of effect. I cant tell you how many times I’ve seen an area the size of 4 of my characters PERCEIVED hit box (I assume its larger, but how am I supposed to see it if all I get is my characters model) and no matter where I stand inside the area I’m taking damage from the cannons. Even when my character inevitably goes down from it, I’ll be laying in the middle of the circles and the rest of my team gives me kitten for trusting the circles. I should be able to trust the telegraphing the game is giving me for the mechanics, I think it would be fun to have a clutch moment on that fight where you find a small pocket between cannon shots. Instead we all just pick a corner and barely move.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

When it gets buggy/glitchy yeah it’s annoying, but it’s not just CPU, it’s something though. I went from a CPU barely able to run bare minimum to a much better one and I still sometimes see it, for me it’s internet. But at this point I expect it when I see it as I’d been lagging all the way up to that point anyways

Either way I find it an enjoyable fight, I used to hate it, then I got better at it and while I’ll still curse it when I fail, once I’ve calmed down, I still love that fight.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I would say I am the only one that actually enjoy the cannon phase

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Cookiezz.5261

Cookiezz.5261

Oh no, again, I really like the fight, I still try to move as much as possible and have as much fun as I can. Just sucks when something I don’t control screws me over.

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I really enjoy this fight for some reason, anything that requires reflexes and quick judgement is really fun (for me), I really wish you couldn’t stack on a corner in that dredge experiment map, it looks like so much fun.

98% of bosses are already “ok everyone stack up, spam kitten off cooldown and dont fall asleep”, leave Mai Trin be.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If it never screwed up on the telegraphing I’d love it too, but knowing that sometimes you’re just going to get downed through no fault of your own is what makes it frustrating for those that have those issues more often than others. Personally it doesn’t happen that often to me.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Only way I can enjoy this fight is if I’m soloing it honestly. It kittenes me off to do it with other people unless 1 person removes stacks and the other 4 stealth, it’s just irritating when people drag her away from the debuff fields.

I think it’s a good design for soloing but terrible design for a group encounter.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Best fun to be had on Mai Trin is to deliberately try to kill off your party members (especially in a pug) and then have fun soloing her.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Only way I can enjoy this fight is if I’m soloing it honestly. It kittenes me off to do it with other people unless 1 person removes stacks and the other 4 stealth, it’s just irritating when people drag her away from the debuff fields.

I think it’s a good design for soloing but terrible design for a group encounter.

Just ask them to group up for those phases, it’s worked for me most of the time.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Best fun to be had on Mai Trin is to deliberately try to kill off your party members (especially in a pug) and then have fun soloing her.

Agree with trolling your friends who will take your joke. I hear a moa’d horrick does well for this goal although you totally didn’t hear that from me

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Moa any champion mob and they will destroy your friends in melee. NPCs get a stupid high scaling with moa form and does something like 4-5k with every peck. Also works well against tentacles at Jade Maw.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

It’s just boring, not fun, cheap aswell as glitchy for people not having good CPU because they can’t see some AOE circles, every other boss is fair, but this one is frustrating mainly for that reason, either remove this or change it and do something similar to the Molten Facility…

I think you identified the problem, bad cpu

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

The cannon phase is dumb and too long, but I really don’t have problems with the circles not being accurate. Honestly, the entire fight is a lag check. ;/