in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

fixing forum bug with post.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Well of course, it never happens to you so it never happens.

I didn’t claim it never happens – please re-read my post.

In case if you have further questions I can clarify it again for you – most likely issues described above related to rendering, also they sound similar to “invisible barrage” on Lupi or invisible barrage on Molten Firestorm. For example I’ve never experienced Lupi barrage bug after i updated GPU. I am not saying everyone should go get high-end GPU but it might solve the problem for someone.

Have a nice day please don’t be upset!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

In case if you have further questions I can clarify it again for you – most likely issues described above related to rendering, also they sound similar to “invisible barrage” on Lupi or invisible barrage on Molten Firestorm. For example I’ve never experienced Lupi barrage bug after i updated GPU. I am not saying everyone should go get high-end GPU but it might solve the problem for someone.

It’s in no way related to PC performance. The AoE indicators are misleading and buggy and simple as that.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I actually never saw the issue on my old computer. Now I have a solid GPU and all around computer and I’ve seen it a couple times. My guess was just lag though as my internet is fickle and hates me. When I say a couple times I do mean like 2 times. The headshot issue though I’ve seen more than that. Where you’re obviously outside the circle and boom dead from the projectile that was going to land behind you. They don’t typically take a trajectory that you can get hit. Horrick on the other hand will always headshot you if you stand between him and the blast shot. I could see the jumping theory being true on that trajectory issue.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I talked to Sesshi about it a long time ago and he said he never gets buggy aoes like he sees in my highlights/unlisted recordings.

He has pretty much the most overpowered setup I’ve seen out of anybody playing GW2 (kittening ridiculous, even the internet connection) and I think it actually might be true that it’s related to hardware.

Here’s a solid example of it happening to me at Mai Trin and Molten Duo ages ago:

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/6245205

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/v/5834828

It’s either hardware or latency related for sure. I actually would not be surprised if it could be a combination of both.

Just got a new laptop that I need to get around to setting up and transferring all my stuff to, but my internet is still Ebolaids, so yeah we’ll see. If it keeps happening still then that would mean it’s not hardware related.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I somewhat doubt it’s a hardware or latency issue. My setup is fairly high end, and I generally consider 80ms ping to be on the high side when playing on NA (low 60ish ms is much more typical).

Many of the issues occur with much less frequency when soloing Mai, or when your team is stealthed and/or not doing stupid stuff like jumping around. Perhaps subpar hardware or high latency exaggerate the issues, but ANET’s egregiously poor track record when it comes to accurate AoE indicators makes me think this is not primarily hardware or latency related.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

I just discussed this issue with Brown and I am fairly certain it is somehow related to your ping. He has a decent rig but really kittenty ping (200+ms, SEA) and he always suffers from delayed circles and invisible circles.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I talked to Sesshi a while ago about it as well, and I’m pretty sure it always happens to me when cannon shots are aimed

• at locations that are out of the cannon’s LoS – then the cannon shots hit the obstacle on the way and spawn there instead of the telegraphed spot.
    This happens in my example, you can even see the cannon shots from Mai’s tower aimed behind the tower I’m standing near.
    https://gfycat.com/DampDeliriousBlackrussianterrier
  • on players that are not standing on the even terrain – ie. jumping or standing on a bump or lower terrain when they are aimed at.

Basically when a cannon starts fire, it does the following:

• choose a player
  • randomly choose a firing pattern (sometimes a “cross” for example)
  • save player’s location, telegraph pattern on ground exactly at that location
  • shoot the actual curved-path projectiles, aimed at the telegraphed location, which might hit obstacles on the way, or pass through the targeted location if it’s not solid (ie. it was mid-air)

We agreed with Sesshi that he never has it is because he doesn’t go near walls/obstacles much. Still a lame and buggy mechanic, though, and having to do that narrows down the moving room even more.

It might be a hard fix however. What they should definitely do, though, is fix the cannon shots (both Horrik and cannon phase), so they don’t damage player hitboxes they pass through (see: first few seconds of https://gfycat.com/DampDeliriousBlackrussianterrier ), only their impact location they are aimed at. It’s irritating as hell and doesn’t make the fight more interesting or skillful.

Here’s a solid example of it happening to me at Mai Trin and Molten Duo ages ago:

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/6245205

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/v/5834828

The Mai Trin one looks like the 2nd case I described, when the shots were aimed at you, you were on higher ground (small rock due to fgs3).

The Molten Duo one is fairly unrelated, it’s just a bug where Firestorm’s AoE’s just last a lot longer than their animations. You can actually catch how the animations for that AoE despawn at the start of your VoD, the actual field just lasts longer because reasons.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

tbh everyone should just be in nomads at mai. Tank all the circles

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

tbh everyone should just be in nomads at mai. Tank all the circles

Bring a necro, lifesteal through her stacks, doesn’t even matter where you run, just keep pew pewing.

Remove Mai Trin

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

I get tons of bugged aoes, maybe its ping related? avg 250ish to NA
I’ll keep an eye out recording them in the future, usually just rage delete vod when I die

Attachments: