Remove Rewards from Dungeon Exploiter's?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NagaSadow.1043

NagaSadow.1043

Surely it would make sense to remove the rewards and armor sets and levels gained by those who exploited?

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Surely it would make sense to remove the rewards and armor sets and levels gained by those who exploited?

True, but that would be a huge amount of angry players in Tyria. Plus i think its hard to figure out who intentionally exploited the bugs, who didn’t know it was an exploit.

Only solution is to take the tokens away from those who jumped over if thats possible, but I doubt this would happen. Its just too many people and it would be MMO suicide to make so many people angry. Most CoF shard exploit farmers are already hotheaded as it is.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

Considering that almost all strategies of how to fight bosses in this game revolve around getting the AI to bug out or fail to attack players in their typical manner, where do you suggest drawing the line of “exploiting” here?

DKP.4196

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE DONT!

Just curious. Why not?

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Trik.1039

Trik.1039

A better approach would be to remove dungeons completely until they work correctly and are fun for a large percentage of players. That whole “Is it fun?” blog post comes to mind. Seems like they tossed that thought line right out the window.

vicwolf.7862

A better approach would be to remove dungeons completely until they work correctly and are fun for a large percentage of players. That whole “Is it fun?” blog post comes to mind. Seems like they tossed that thought line right out the window.

I’d be okay with this as long as it meant they’d actually do some work on them for a change.

DKP.4196

Who are the majority of players that think dungeons are “fun”. The majority of the community who dont come on the forums to rant because they are busy in the dungeons/WvW/exploring etc or the minority who are on the forums ranting? :/

Some fixs need to be made but taking out dungeons from GW2 is a MMO suicide, and is not the solution. The dungeons are fine tbh, just need to tweak it a bit, make it more interesting, harder and challenging.

I like trap rooms for example, lots of traps that need teamwork to get past etc would be a good addition. Many may disagree but just a note to put in the box;)

Not A Message.

Trik.1039

Who are the majority of players that think dungeons are “fun”. The majority of the community who dont come on the forums to rant because they are busy in the dungeons/WvW/exploring etc or the minority who are on the forums ranting? :/

Some fixs need to be made but taking out dungeons from GW2 is a MMO suicide, and is not the solution. The dungeons are fine tbh, just need to tweak it a bit, make it more interesting, harder and challenging.

I like trap rooms for example, lots of traps that need teamwork to get past etc would be a good addition. Many may disagree but just a note to put in the box;)

There were 30+ people around the Arah entrance regularly before the 9/25 dungeon patch on my server. People that were having fun, I would assume, since they repeatedly came back. After the patch, it’s surprising to see 10+ people outside of the Arah entrance. While that’s only a small sample size, I believe it sends a pretty clear message. I’ve seen your posts and I understand that you may be having fun. Everyone that I’ve talked to doesn’t share your view on it.

If they allowed dungeon tokens to be sold on the TP, it would allow people to play the way they want and still obtain rewards they were interested in. They could completely ignore dungeons if they wanted to and the people that enjoyed the dungeons could do them and be rewarded beyond an armor set, as they could sell excess tokens. I suppose that could work as well, similar to what it was in GW1.

Posted by: NagaSadow.1043

NagaSadow.1043

TBH its not a rant I just find it amusing that some people are allowed to run about at level 80 with full dungeon sets due to " unknowingly " taking advantage of broken events and dungeon’s to power level and loot abuse. However instead of them being punished they are allowed to keep the levels they gained and the loot and everyone else is punished for it.

vicwolf.7862

TBH its not a rant I just find it amusing that some people are allowed to run about at level 80 with full dungeon sets due to " unknowingly " taking advantage of broken events and dungeon’s to power level and loot abuse. However instead of them being punished they are allowed to keep the levels they gained and the loot and everyone else is punished for it.

What exploits are you even talking about? For which instances? They already solved the issue with arah shard farming and CM story isn’t worth running even if you’re level 40 (especially if you’re level 40) and magg has been fixed as well. I’m not familiar with any others.

DKP.4196

I would love to see anyone who exploited lose their rewards, but thats up to Anet to decide if they can pull it off or not.

Im sure everyone who jumped over that wall knew deep inside that this was wrong. It cannot be what the developers wanted. I did for sure when I saw my party jumping over that path, I stood on the torch and told them Im not going over that.

What did I get? I got booted from the group after a couple minutes arguing. Being called a noob, slacker, ruining the dungeon, leaving half way is lame etc etc.

Not A Message.

Posted by: Gies.3824

Gies.3824

I say let them keep the gear, but give them a giant mark of shame. Like the 100% map completion icon, but a big thumbs down.

vicwolf.7862

I say let them keep the gear, but give them a giant mark of shame. Like the 100% map completion icon, but a big thumbs down.

Yeah, because they are aware of everyone who intentionally exploited. That’s how on top of things they are…

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

If there was a way to find out which players jumped over the gates at CoF I think they should meet Dhuum. There’s no way you accidentally jump gates, get double chests etc without realising it’s an exploit.

vicwolf.7862

If there was a way to find out which players jumped over the gates at CoF I think they should meet Dhuum. There’s no way you accidentally jump gates, get double chests etc without realising it’s an exploit.

kiting and gy zerging would be considered an exploit by their standards.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I kinda see what you’re saying, but at the same time players invested time doing that. So are you gonna refund them for that time spent or are you just gonna be like “you incorrectly spent your time so kitten off”… That seems harsh considering those who made bank off farming or grubb’n or anything else that might be considered an exploit. So you punish only one group?

Does it even matter? They have their gear… but is it actually the gear that will enable them to complete an entire dungeon? I’m just not getting how punishing these players does anything productive.

Posted by: Kain.9167

Kain.9167

I already tried to stir the pot regarding this issue by what I thought was a good post, but Arenanet totally ignored it. If I had to guess, I would say that they don’t know how to track who used it and who didn’t. There is likely nothing stopping people from exploiting certain aspects of the game, at least for the time being.

Posted by: Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

Skyrant Kangaroomouse.7458

If someone dupes items, fine. If you get twice the amount of rewards (double chests), sure.

There is nor reason to punish players because they lack the ability to produce working and not exploitable dungeons. This must be the most idiotic thing i have ever heard.

If the boss bugs out, glitches, you find a short-cut or use the environment to your advantage, you should not be punished.

Biting the Hand that feeds you is NEVER a good idea.

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

It was an exploit, but the decision is too controversial. If I was in their position I would just leave it.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

If someone dupes items, fine. If you get twice the amount of rewards (double chests), sure.

There is nor reason to punish players because they lack the ability to produce working and not exploitable dungeons. This must be the most idiotic thing i have ever heard.

If the boss bugs out, glitches, you find a short-cut or use the environment to your advantage, you should not be punished.

The exploiters bit Anet’s hand.

It’s standard practice to ban exploiters. Blizzard have banned entire guilds before for exploiting new raids.

Posted by: Kain.9167

Kain.9167

It was an exploit, but the decision is too controversial. If I was in their position I would just leave it.

Where does it stop? If they ban the next wave how would that be fair at all? They either need to ban the whole lot of exploiters or ban none of them. They can’t ban one and not the other.

Trik.1039

It’s standard practice to ban exploiters. Blizzard have banned entire guilds before for exploiting new raids.

Blizzard also closes exploits immediately, even if it means bringing the servers down. Leaving a so-called “exploit” up for weeks doesn’t really do much to show that it’s anything other than working as intended. They fixed the 21 karma weapons pretty quickly, if I recall. That one also wasn’t what I would call an exploit. Developers making mistakes and players taking advantage of the game as is (such as buying cheap karma weapons) is not an exploit, it’s making use of what’s available to you. I would say internally test patches better. It seems a lot like it’s the paying customers job to beta test all of this.

I am all for banning exploiters, but have you actually played these dungeons? About 50% or more are in some way bugged, the boss becomes stuck, glitches etc.

The list is huge. Do you expect me to just exit the dungeon and do it all over again because a boss glitches out on my run?

How about delivering a Quality product first, then start banning people that really have malicious intend?

“The DR System is not restricting players, it just here to help them realize how they want to play!”

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

Where does it stop? If they ban the next wave how would that be fair at all? They either need to ban the whole lot of exploiters or ban none of them. They can’t ban one and not the other.

That’s true. I think if possible the rewards should be removed then. It’s probably too late now though.

I am all for banning exploiters, but have you actually played these dungeons? About 50% or more are in some way bugged, the boss becomes stuck, glitches etc.

The list is huge. Do you expect me to just exit the dungeon and do it all over again because a boss glitches out on my run?

How about delivering a Quality product first, then start banning people that really have malicious intend?

I have found no boss bugs so far.

I can’t tell if you are serious or making a joke. In any case i shall redirect you to the Bug forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

Since you are already in the Dungeon forum, i suggest you read the pages of reports about bugs in dungeons. It’s quite an interesting read and it may help you get a better perspective of what we are talking about here.

If you have any further questions about bugs please feel free to send me a PM and i will help you as good as i can.

DKP.4196

I can’t tell if you are serious or making a joke. In any case i shall redirect you to the Bug forum: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

Since you are already in the Dungeon forum, i suggest you read the pages of reports about bugs in dungeons. It’s quite an interesting read and it may help you get a better perspective of what we are talking about here.

If you have any further questions about bugs please feel free to send me a PM and i will help you as good as i can.

There arent any bugged boss atm. They can all be killed.

Not A Message.