Remove dungeon bugs?

Remove dungeon bugs?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

There are huge bugs in arah and other dungeons……everything from jumping over the actual dungeon to skip bosses and the popular 1 shot lupi…..They have been there for a long time, please remove them….

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

1-shotting Lupi isn’t a bug, it’s just clever use of positioning and game mechanics. Everything is working as intended there.

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Really? Seen as a bug by alot of players…..and seem more like a “clever” way to abuse the dungeon to me…….and tbh. The only clever one to use this, is basecly the first guard to find out about this. After that it is basecly repeat process and abuse, which made a simewhat hard boss turn out to be easy

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Players can see it however they want. It’s not a bug.

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Ohh kk, kinda sad tho

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s not a bug but I find it just as pathetic as you do, zengara.

I don’t know if I want them to atttempt to “fix” this because it’s probably going to just ruin Lupicus.

As for the jumping puzzles… meh. I don’t want them to add invisible walls but I would definitely like it if they’d make it required to kill all bosses in the paths.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

One type of exploit has previously been defined as using terrain to disable a boss’ attacks. He can not use his most powerful attacks in phase 3 if you push him to the wall. Therefore, walling him at all (which is required for the WoRsploit) is an exploit.

edit: also, I don’t mind the jp like stuff, as long as its used just to explore. I don’t like it when its used to skip.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

One type of exploit has previously been defined as using terrain to disable a boss’ attacks. He can not use his most powerful attacks in phase 3 if you push him to the wall. Therefore, walling him at all (which is required for the WoRsploit) is an exploit.

edit: also, I don’t mind the jp like stuff, as long as its used just to explore. I don’t like it when its used to skip.

wait which attack can he not use in p3 against the wall? I thought it was just you stop him from using his bubble and his aoe if you stand still inside or right outside his red ring. The wall just makes it easier…unless im wrong

Remove dungeon bugs?

Rainmaker.7594

if you stand on his ring in the open, he will move to be able to use those attacks. if you wall him, he can’t move, and therefore can’t use the attacks.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Nyx.7342

if you stand on his ring in the open, he will move to be able to use those attacks. if you wall him, he can’t move, and therefore can’t use the attacks.

hmm doesnt seem like an exploit still…

Ive duo’d lupi before in the open and by standing still just outside his ring he didnt move nor did he use those attacks. So maybe i was really lucky. I have also seen him use those attacks against the wall when people moved him or were slow so its not like he cant use them.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

hmm doesnt seem like an exploit still…

Ive duo’d lupi before in the open and by standing still just outside his ring he didnt move nor did he use those attacks. So maybe i was really lucky. I have also seen him use those attacks against the wall when people moved him or were slow so its not like he cant use them.

If you stand inside his hitbox he wont do his frenzied blast (that barrage-like attack). However, if you stand inside his hitbox while openfield, you will push lupicus and he will move away from you. If you are walling him and stand inside his hitbox, he will not move further backwards and therefore never do his frenzied blast.
Regarding the 1shoting with ground targeted reflects: I am pretty sure it wasn’t intended that every newbie can 1shot lupicus just by using a single skill without coordination. I probably wouldn’t call it exploit but it still is pretty lame and hopefully gets fixed.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

(edited by Lendruil.9061)

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

You’re wrong. You should learn a bit more about the boss. Lupicus only uses his necrid trap and his frenzied blast depending on how distant you are from him. There are many spots in the middle of the arena which you can stand directly beneath him and he won’t move away. The wall itself has nothing to do with whether or not he’ll use the attack, it just so happens to be easier to push him to it because it’s easier to accidentally budge him away from the areas in the middle of the arena.

This is not an exploit. This is taking advantage of his AI and there’s nothing wrong with fighting him near a wall.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Rainmaker.7594

I’ve solo’d him several times, most often when the rest of the party wipes, but a few times entirely by myself, and he does indeed move to be able to use his rapid fire attack, unless he is stuck on the uneven terrain. You sort of have a point about the slower players though. But I’d still consider it exploiting because he can’t move the way he is programmed to when he is on the wall; stuck on uneven terrain is just glitchy design, unless you are intentionally getting him stuck on it. Disabling movement is only not an exploit if you are using mechanic intended to have just that effect (such as immob, deep freeze, etc).

Remove dungeon bugs?

Nyx.7342

You’re wrong. You should learn a bit more about the boss. Lupicus only uses his necrid trap and his frenzied blast depending on how distant you are from him. There are many spots in the middle of the arena which you can stand directly beneath him and he won’t move away.

Dam learn something new everyday!

anyways i dont think its an exploit, but if we’re arguing on what stops him from doing attacks, cheesing wall stops him from doing all of p3 so kinda exploitish

I think its more important to focus on people skipping large portions of content, not using tactics that make it easier. Ac p2-3 bug, the new skip at the end of p2, the numerous jps. Those are all more important exploits in my eyes than walling lupi.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I’ve solo’d him several times, most often when the rest of the party wipes, but a few times entirely by myself, and he does indeed move to be able to use his rapid fire attack, unless he is stuck on the uneven terrain. You sort of have a point about the slower players though. But I’d still consider it exploiting because he can’t move the way he is programmed to when he is on the wall; stuck on uneven terrain is just glitchy design, unless you are intentionally getting him stuck on it. Disabling movement is only not an exploit if you are using mechanic intended to have just that effect (such as immob, deep freeze, etc).

When he uses lifesteal on you, try to dodge backwards and then forward into him. I usually end up inside of his hitbox and I can just afk until it’s time for the aoe lifesteal.

You can check out some of Miku’s videos where Lupi just decides to go “kitten it, get rekt”, moves a few steps away and drops dome out of the blue.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its an exploit in the same way bosses wont use ranged attacks on melee players or melee attacks on ranging players. Manipulation of AI. Its impossible to not take advantage of minor AI deficiencies in PvE (this is like the only encounter where you have some choice with how much you manipulate the AI). Thats the whole point of PvE and how bosses are designed.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Goon for Hire.7150

Goon for Hire.7150

Only the dungeon community would exploit/glitch an encounter and pretend it’s skillful play.

It’s just sad.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Lendruil.9061

Only the dungeon community would exploit/glitch an encounter and pretend it’s skillful play.

It’s just sad.

Is a pvp-player exploiting when he runs away from another player so his melee attacks wont hit?

Remove dungeon bugs?

Goon for Hire.7150

It’s just sad.

Is a pvp-player exploiting when he runs away from another player so his melee attacks wont hit?

Typical lopsided logic. I mean, I get why people do it, but if you’re going to try and justify it, at least try and come up with an argument that makes some actual sense.

(edited by Goon for Hire.7150)

Remove dungeon bugs?

winterchillz.2564

Cough, what about all the people who solo Lupi off-wall and go through all his standard mechanics? I guess soloing is an exploit nowadays?

Cloud of Sparrows

Remove dungeon bugs?

Goon for Hire.7150

Cough, what about all the people who solo Lupi off-wall and go through all his standard mechanics? I guess soloing is an exploit nowadays?

Of course not. Now that takes some actual skill, and I have great respect for players who manage to pull it off.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Lendruil.9061

It’s just sad.

Typical lopsided logic. I mean, I get why people do it, but at least try and come up with an argument that makes some contextual sense.

Where is it lopsided? It’s just another spider-queen discussion. When a boss is programmmed in a way so that he only uses certain attacks when players are in a certain range, why shouldn’t the player stand in another range?
When you are ranging lupi, are you then exploiting because you dont have to eat his kicks?

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

Its not lopsided logic. Its exactly the same. The difference is AI in this game doesnt adapt and reposition in all situations. Thats simplistic AI. Not an exploit. PvE is designed so the player should almost always win. So even with more complex AI the encounters are designed so that players can manipulate/take advantage of its attacks. Its like using terrain to protect you from projectile attacks. Or do you want bosses to shoot people through walls?

Remove dungeon bugs?

winterchillz.2564

Of course not. Now that takes some actual skill, and I have great respect for players who manage to pull it off.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

What if i told you it makes almost no difference. Apart from reliability. Which is important in a speed solo. :>

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Only PvP people exploit AI and farm ranks with turrets (`.`)9

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is one case where you should just let it slide: the alternative is that Anet completely ruins the fight with one of their infamous “fixes.”

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I see only 2 ways how they can “fix” lupi. Make him stationary (meh) or make his aoe unblockable (lol i want to see this).

Remove dungeon bugs?

Rainmaker.7594

I see only 2 ways how they can “fix” lupi. Make him stationary (meh) or make his aoe unblockable (lol i want to see this).

or, anytime he is stuck (whether on a wall or uneven terrain), make him kick, then teleport to the middle of the room and use his AOE.

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Stationary would make it harder to reflect. Unblockable makes it very hard for warriors and guards (I am a thief so doesnt matter for me, just thinking it wouldnt be worth it) he is never stuck on anything, he just gets pushed, as a thief you will see difference since you need to move him around alot in phase one….unless if ussing s/p.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

They should fix the CoE Alpha crystal bug before even thinking about redoing any of these lesser bugs. Nothing annoys me more than being effed over by shoddy game mechanics.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Rangers too* just rareoy see a ranger solo a arah path

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

They should fix the CoE Alpha crystal bug before even thinking about redoing any of these lesser bugs. Nothing annoys me more than being effed over by shoddy game mechanics.

Yeah maybe, only difference is that in selling lvl 80 dungeon paths means alot more money is on the line……but every arguement really subjective towards what they should should focus on….either lvl 80 for economy in game hardcore stuff or lesser lvl dungeons for more fun. Honestly both arguements are good and depends on where you are in game

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeah I’m just heavily biased because I feel that ANet always fix bug that benefit the player but never the other way around haha. I know that’s not always true though.

I kinda feel that lupi needs a ‘rework’ but I don’t believe in ANet enough to not break or nerf the entire encounter. Hence I would rather them fix some other bugs.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Remove dungeon bugs?

Nyx.7342

Yeah I’m just heavily biased because I feel that ANet always fix bug that benefit the player but never the other way around haha. I know that’s not always true though.

I kinda feel that lupi needs a ‘rework’ but I don’t believe in ANet enough to not break or nerf the entire encounter. Hence I would rather them fix some other bugs.

kitten if Lupi needs a rework (which he kinda does to make it fresh) every boss in this game, bar a select few, need crazy reworks!

also can op fix the title to *dungeon…its been bothering me

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Yeah switched it, writing on a phone, my bad :P

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Personally I think using icebow is just as bad as walling lupi and using a wor on a wall. If you think about it, icebow melts all the bosses so quick that it trivializes the encounter just like WoR. Anyways since icebow and lupi wall wor are the path of least resistance I will continue to use/“exploit” them until Anet does something about it.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

Its a vicious cycle. First fgs, next icebow and WoR. What after that? Glyph of storms? Meteor shower? Lava font? Definitely need to nerf 100b. :>

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Its a vicious cycle. First fgs, next icebow and WoR. What after that? Glyph of storms? Meteor shower? Lava font? Definitely need to nerf 100b. :>

Elementalist will be called a bug in the code.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Seems Arah story mode was a bug that is now being removed.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Making lupi stationary will be even more exploity than you think

Remove dungeon bugs?

EcoRI.9273

if they add the kick to phase 3 with a stationary lupi, it will fix everything!

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

Stationary lupi, making it even more faceroll for those ranging pugs. No more shadowstep in phase 2. :<

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

if they add the kick to phase 3 with a stationary lupi, it will fix everything!

Why just phase 3. He should be doing the cancan the entire fight while tossing projectiles around with his jazz hands hug.

Remove dungeon bugs?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

they could just shift icebow to the elite skill and increase its cd

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

I want arcane echo for chronomancers elite. Double icestorm mesmers please.

Remove dungeon bugs?

EcoRI.9273

Stationary lupi, making it even more faceroll for those ranging pugs. No more shadowstep in phase 2. :<

make his necrid trap into a super range spell!

Remove dungeon bugs?

EcoRI.9273

Another solution could be cover the entire room with the arah p1 jotun fire ring spell. If you try to wall lupi, you ded!

Remove dungeon bugs?

spoj.9672

Reflecting lupi’s projectile applies highly potent confusion stacks on yourself. And lupi has parasitic contagion trait so it sustains him through reflect damage while completely nuking you. :>

Remove dungeon bugs?

zengara.8301

Making him stationary would get rid of the wall from guard, the damage done would be decreased by alot, this would not interfere with melee to super melee, might be exploited by the fact that his aoe + other attacks only have a certain reach and not far enough to cover whole map, which I know that can be exploited since he wont shadow step anymore, which is a huge debuff rather than a fix.