Remove the Leash?

Remove the Leash?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

Has Anet ever stated if they are satisfied with the current dungeon meta of skipping everything? If that’s their intent I think that’s fine but if not wouldn’t it all be resolvable by just removing the area leash on mobs so they will just follow you? May at least force stealth more otherwise which is I imagine how players would counter that.

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Has Anet ever stated if they are satisfied with the current dungeon meta of skipping everything? If that’s their intent I think that’s fine but if not wouldn’t it all be resolvable by just removing the area leash on mobs so they will just follow you? May at least force stealth more otherwise which is I imagine how players would counter that.

Perhaps someone can help the op with these red posts which I have lost over 2 yrs ago.
1) yes – they are fine with skipping. Red post from anet Robert dungeon designer.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/16tbxt/robert_hrouda_on_skipping_mobs_in_dungeons/

2) yes – see Arah (mobs leash is much longer). Different leash distance depending which dungeon. If mobs had no leash it is important to not overdo it everywhere. This is a summary paraphrased as I interpreted it from Red post from Robert anet dungeon designer.

I’m pretty sure Robert posted a lot of feedback which has been lost on what anet was trying to do anad rational for decisions. If anyone has the posts handy – please link for the OP.

Thanks

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Posting in a bingo thread.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Fortunately for you, Anet has already address this issue. Make your friend/party-member do the skip, then BAM! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Teleport_to_Friend

There is your counter.

GLHF

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Otherwise good but teleport to a friend only takes you to the closest WP and I highly doubt it works in dungeons.

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The fact that they didn’t mind you skipping is evident through the design.
If they wanted you to 100% kill everything they would have designed all dungeons and encounters to not progress until you’ve killed everything in the past room.

The fact that you CAN do it means they didn’t want you to not be able to do it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Remove the Leash?

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attachments:

Just another Arah veteran